Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So when they're hiring at Whole Foods does the ad say, 'only entitled hipster douches must apply'?

The Duane Reade and CVS checkout staffs are friendlier than everyone who works at Whole Foods. What is their damage?

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2013

So don't shop at Whole Foods.

Problem solved.

You are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

It must be you, OP. WF staff are nice to me. Maybe the drugstore fraus see you as one of their ilk. Are you perhaps fat?

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

What exactly happened?

Let me cradle you, while you tell me.

*not sarcastic* :)

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

R1, of course, is an apologist cunt.

And the only thing you're missing from the ad, OP, is the word "loser." Between "entitled" and "hipster."

They must have an entire back room filled with pegs on the walls for the women to hang their men's fedoras on.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

If that's the case with Whole Foods,Op, you never answered the question: " Did you get the job?"

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

I find the staff at Whole Foods to be extremely helpful.

There prices are not so great, which is why I try to stock up at Farmer's Market once a week.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

Most people would take a "frau" over a surly uptight hipster anyday. Why are these types even working? We all know they live off their parents' money.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

Be glad they speak English, OP. I live in Queens, where all the small grocery stores are owned and staffed by foreigners with poor English skills. Asian owned, Latino stocked and cleaned is the general business model.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

A friend of mine used to work at Whole Foods many years ago. At least at that time, people would be hired for a probationary period, and then the existing permanent staff would vote on whether to hire them permanently.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

Whole Foods employees are always kind and helpful to me.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

whole foods cashiers are always black and hispanic. they must live in the projects nearby.

i have never seen a white person working in whole foods.

on a side note its like every white guy there is shopping with his chinese girlfriend/wife.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

Entitled people generally don't work at grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

Exactly, R12. Another loser wanted to jump on the hipster hate bus that sailed through years ago. It's over. Find another group to hate.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

R6 The Farmers' MArket isn't exactly giving away its lah-di-dah produce, either!

I've been told that all the Whole Feeds employees are given their training at the Strand Bookstore!

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

R11 -- my local WF staff is almost entirely white, though I rarely go there. I find them okay as people, though perhaps not as chatty/chummy as Trader Joes.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

Tower Records always had the weirdest employees. Now they're all working at health food stores.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

I have had the opposite experience -- can't stand Duane Reade employees, they are always rude. Whole Foods folk have always been nice, epsecially out west.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2013

R13 lives where buses are sailing...

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2013

R11, haven't gone into a WF store in years except to use the bathroom, but I never see any black or Latino people there, on either side of the counter -- that's noticeable here in Silicon Valley.

You're right about the white men with Asian women (but not vice versa).

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2013

We treat ourselves with a precooked offering from WF occasionally. The employees are always adequate. Trader Joe's flyer lures us there more often.

Mostly we are peasants. I made a pot of navy bean and ham soup and a pone of cornbread. It was delish. The temps today made it into the 50s, but with the unrelenting rain and swirling winds, it felt way cooler. This being Atlanta, this weather is not usual for this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2013

Note: Please observe R20's correct use of the word "pone" in his or her description (assuming the poster actually is preparing the cornbread in the requisite fashion - contained in a pan of some kind rather than prepared free style, which is the "hoe cake" method). A delightful use of a Southern localism others in the country don't use or recognize.

Unless we have a new pone troll.

R20, Atlanta traditionally is a bit south for the term, which usually is associated more with Appalachian areas. Are you from Atlanta and grew up with the term?

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

What is a "pone"?

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

I'm more offended by the obnoxious yuppie-but-want-to-believe-they're-hip straight couples with kids shopping there. "We're so socially conscious and aware" as they cater to their kids all around the store, ignoring and holding up everyone else and then driving off in their gas-guzzling SUVs.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2013

Round here the Whole Foods cashiers are fine, mostly African immigrants. The people in the departments can be a pill, especially around the cheese counter and the deli staff are a pack of cunts. But good god they don't hold a candle to the douchey, entitled clientele. I HATE going in there for that reason, mostly. People who think their organic free range shit don't stink. They'll stop in the aisles right in front of you, not let you pass, while they pick out the perfect can of whatever and give you a NASTY look if you so much as say excuse me.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2013

I live in DC and the employees are always Africans and Asians. The hipster douches and twats are always clogging the aisles.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

LMAO...W&W for R24!

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2013

I was at Whole Foods and the cashier was a bitch. I put my basket on the belt and she said "Can you do me a favor? Do you mind emptying your basket for me?" She asked this in a slow and cheery fashion like she was talking to a small child. I just found it so condescending. Why couldn't she just scan the items from the basket?

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2013

Just say no, R27. Grow a pair.

Most people on DL are such bitches it's not surprising that anyone who works anywhere is rude to them.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2013

Amen to R8, R24 and R25.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2013

Agree with R28. That's her job, not yours.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2013

R24, there's a Texas chain called Central Market. They offer a lot of the same stuff as WF, as well as higher end, non-organic items. And the customers there are so obnoxious, so like the people you described, I was steaming by the time I got to the checkout line. They really are oblivious to the existence of any shopper but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2013

The Whole Foods staffs in New York are always friendly. The snotty hipsters "work" at the Film Forum.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2013

I am convinced that the Whole Foods near me in Chicago (30 W. Huron) decided to move their friendliest staff to the registers. Part of the patter they engage in is to make some open-ended positive comment on one item you are buying. It has happened too many times with different cashiers for this to be coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

I have noticed the same thing at Trader Joe's, R33. I always try to guess which item they will pick.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

Leaving in Austin for 9 years I never found shopping / eating at Central Market to be anything less than a pleasure.

HEB's were usually much more down-scale, especially the one at South Congress & Oltorf.....filled with weirdos - the one on Pleasant Valley & Riverside....filled with illegal day laborers buying huge quantities with $100 bills.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

I live in the LA area and wish we had the equivalent of Central Market, Wegman's, or other similar upscale megamarkets. There's nothing like that around here other than Whole Foods, which really isn't the same thing at all.

by Anonymousreply 3605/05/2013

They are forced to make empty "friendly" comments to the customers and will get in trouble if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 3705/05/2013

What about Bristol Farms R36? And isn't the Albertson's in Brentwood really upscale?

by Anonymousreply 3805/05/2013

R38 Yes, they're upscale (well, I have to take your word for it on the Albertsons), but they're nowhere near as large as Central Market or Wegman's stores are. The Wegman's and CMs I've been to are double the size of a regular store.

by Anonymousreply 3905/05/2013

My male Partner works at Whole Foods and every time I've been to the store in which he works, the clerks and other staff are super friendly, efficient and courteous. Of course, this is in Texas where most clerks are "Old school" and treat their patrons with courtesy and respect.

by Anonymousreply 4005/05/2013

I don't get the Trader Joe's hype. Everyone seems to love the food, but always recommends pre-packaged frozen meals or just cheaper versions of normal brand names. The edamame hummus is the only thing I've actually been wowed by, but it's not worth the trip past 2 Whole Foods and a Costco to pick up a container.

by Anonymousreply 4105/05/2013

I think most Trader Joe's look dirty and disorganized. The few times I've tried a TJ's, I'm like forget this. I prefer clean and nice.

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!