Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is time speeding up?

I think it is and I'm not the only one. I cannot get anything done! Before I know it, it's bedtime, and then, before I know it, it's Friday...then Monday, again. Yes, I know I'm getting older, but this is something more.

I did some research and it said that the earth's rotation is slowing, meaning time is speeding up: 24 hour day = 16 hour day, now. Something to do with the Schumann resonance. It used to be at 7.8 Hertz and it is now 12 Hertz.

However, if time is speeding up, how come the clocks aren’t speeding up? Maybe, the speed of the electrical pulses on Earth is somehow tied to speed of the rotation of the Earth and it has something to do with the weakening magnetism.

I'm no scientist, but I feel time is speeding up.

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 4106/03/2013

You just wasted time creating this thread. Come to think of it, you just wasted mine. You timeless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

Interestingly, the Bible predicted this would happen.

[quote]“And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and theday shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.” (Revelations 8:12).

AND, for non-Christians:

[quote]“Time-Wave Zero”. In a nutshell, McKenna took the 64 ideograms from the I-Ching and mapped them in a linear fashion onto a 2-dimensional graph. He got a “time wave”. When he placed the “time wave graph” over a time graph of World history, he noticed some amazing correlations. The peaks of the “time wave graph” matched significant events in world history. While that is interesting in and of itself, the most interesting thing is that the wave ends roughly around the end of 2012 (with a margin of error, of course). At the precise point where the wave hits the zero line on the graph, Terence McKenna interprets that as the end of time. There will be no time.

When the Schumann resonance hits 13 Hertz...the end of time! All secrets will be known!

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

I think you should put some aluminum foil on a bowl, tape a coathanger to the top and wear it in public until the aliens start speaking to you. They have the answer to your time conundrum.

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

I'm the same way, OP. It's called getting older. I wake up on Saturday morning and think, damn, weekend's almost over. It's already Sunday night. And I start to do a few things, and boom, it *is* Sunday night. Then I get depressed about the week starting over, but hey, it's Friday again before I know it. But Friday is practically Sunday, which is Monday.........

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

Actually that's normal for people to think that times speeds, as they age. People tend to think about things not in completely objective way, but in comparison to what they already know.

In other words: For 10 years old person one year is 10% of his whole life, so it seems quite long. But for 50 years old person one year is barely 2% of their life, it doesn't seem so long in comparison anymore. That's way the older we get, our perception of time changes. For 80 years old one year is probably like nothing, while for one year old it's their whole life.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

Stop smoking crack and the world will slow back down again.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

"I did some research."

Hah!

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

I can tell old people post here. You all are so damned closed-minded.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

Oh yes time seems to pass faster the older you get- pretty much a universal perception. "Every Hal hour it's time for breakfast." Such is life I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Yes OP, i agree, we are definitely experiencing something that is felt but not quantifiable yet scientifially. But i trust my instincts. Take that for what you will you young'uns, don't tell me that middle school and high school didn't go by in a "flash".

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

I've noticed some of the ticks from my clock are missing their tocks.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

Thursday is almost Friday. I work Tuesday thru Friday. By the time I finish Wednesday my week is almost over. Then 3 days off, Zoom! They go even faster. But no time still ticks by a second at a time.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

You have already read this response before I finished typing it!

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

[quote]I did some research and it said that the earth's rotation is slowing, meaning time is speeding up: 24 hour day = 16 hour day, now. I realize this is probably not happening, but if it were, wouldn't that mean days were getting longer?

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

[Quote]I did some research and it said that the earth's rotation is slowing, meaning time is speeding up: 24 hour day = 16 hour day, now.

I realize this is probably not happening, but if it were, wouldn't that mean days were getting longer?

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

R13 You have 3 days of weekend? I'm jealous. (It's Saturday and my weekend is almost over. At least that's how I feel.).

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2013

[quote]I'm no scientist

We know.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2013

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time gets. So, if the earth is slowing down, time would speed up, right?

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2013

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes....

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2013

If the earth was slowing down, days would become longer. You'd spend more time facing the sun. (ditto the principle for nights.)

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

Oh, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

I learned a great secret about how to slow down time. It is possible.

by Anonymousreply 2305/05/2013

We decided to work longer days four days a week and take three off. That extra day makes an incredible difference. Everyone should have a four day work week. It makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 2405/05/2013

Linear time is a man made construct, a way of understanding experience in this dimension (one of many). Time isn't speeding up persay, but your brain's ability to perceive is expanding OP. It's like psychic growth in a sense.

I can also tell you if you smoke a lot of weed your brain's 'partitions' will be damaged and your ability to understand reality beyond time (being locked into a dimensional locus) will be fucked.

by Anonymousreply 2505/05/2013

[quote]I think it is and I'm not the only one. I cannot get anything done! Before I know it, it's bedtime, and then, before I know it, it's Friday...then Monday, again. Yes, I know I'm getting older, but this is something more.

No, it isn't anything more. The older we get, the more time our brains have experienced. When you're eight, that last month before summer vacation is forever away because that's the length of almost a full percent of the length of time you've been alive. When you're forty, that's about one twentieth of one percent. Perception is all about how one thing is relative to something else. Which will "feel' faster?

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

R25, not sure if I get the weed thing and time? I am curious

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

[quote]Time isn't speeding up persay, but your brain's ability to perceive is expanding OP.

My brain's ability to spell perceives an error, per se.

As for time, I know from experience that it slows way down while I'm waiting at a red light & speeds way up while I'm rushing to get through an intersection before a green light changes. And time practically stops altogether when I'm getting my teeth cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

There was a philosophy that postulated time really is speeding up for older people; that it's not just a perception. Since more cells are dying, the lifespan of your cells is shorter. Quicker cell death= time being used up.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

[quote]if you smoke a lot of weed your brain's 'partitions' will be damaged

Is that why you think "persay" is a word?

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

Time isn't speeding up.

It's running out.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

[quote] Perception is all about how one thing is relative to something else. Which will "feel' faster?

What if I tell myself that I have plenty of time before the end of the summer? And what if instead of thinking 3 months ahead I think 90 days ahead? Would the greater number create an illusion of 'more'?

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

Can you imagine what a fucking waste of time DL is... when put into the correct perspective!

by Anonymousreply 3305/05/2013

[quote]What if I tell myself that I have plenty of time before the end of the summer? And what if instead of thinking 3 months ahead I think 90 days ahead? Would the greater number create an illusion of 'more'?

Actually, it probably would. We have a cognitive bias towards the larger number. It's where the old trivia question about preferring a lump sum of money up front or one penny a day that keeps doubling comes from. The correct answer is the latter.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

Time isn't holding us, time isn't after us.

Same as it ever was.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

I agree..... as the Earth slows, time will speed up... hit up Einstein for some helpful knowledge. Our Sun's Central sun, the one our Sun rotates around had it's Solstice in relation to us on 12-21-2012. The 'End of Time' This is just a reference to 'TIME' as we have correlation to it. Tasks you could achieve a few years ago in a certain time frame will be unachievable in the same so called time frame. As the Earth slows, time will seem to speed up more, until the Earth completely stops, and the sun rises in the West. 3 days of darkness or light depending on where you are on the planet. Time to drop the scorn and school up. :-)

by Anonymousreply 3606/03/2013

Y'all are giving me a headache.

So maybe human life expetancy didn't really increase. Maybe a year is shorter now than it was 500 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3706/03/2013

You just getting old hon.

by Anonymousreply 3806/03/2013

yes, time is speeding up OP. I've studied this subject a lot, scientifically and new-age literature. What you can do to minimize this feeling: meditation and any transpersonal therapie is also good. Rebalancing your energetic field in order to adapt it for the New Earth frequence will help you.

by Anonymousreply 3906/03/2013

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait.

by Anonymousreply 4006/03/2013

"I did some research and it said that the earth's rotation is slowing, meaning time is speeding up: 24 hour day = 16 hour day,"

If the earth's rotation is slowing, i.e., if it takes longer that it used to for the earth to go from sun up to sun up (or sun down to sun down, noon to noon, or midnight to midnight, etc., etc.,), wouldn't that slow time down rather than speed it up?

Put differently, if the earth's rotation slows down 100% then the day would be twice as long as it used to be, thereby allowing for twice as much to be done in the course of the day, not half as much.

And we would all be much younger in years than we would have been; and look a great deal older than our ages would suggest.

by Anonymousreply 4106/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.