Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Keira Knightley weds

in a small ceremony attended by some very badly dressed people.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2013

the bride led the bad dressed parade.

but they look happy.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

I like the bride's getup. The rest are awful. Her mother is named after toilet paper only spelled different. 'Sharman'. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

I think she looks great. Very modern. Her husband should always wear sunglasses. Without them he's fug.

At least it seemed simple and low key.

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

Well, that really is the definitive hipster doofus wedding photo shoot. Her headband or whatever the hell that "leftover from Woodstock" thing is on her head looks like it is made of human teeth strung together. Bleech.

Some girl on one of the photos appears to be wearing army boots. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

An Oscar winning actress marrying a British rock star? How original!

Oh, except she's never won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

My thoughts exactly, R4.

I mean good for them, but it's as though they were going for "posterchild hipster" just to be ironic.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

Wow, cheap dress and bad hair. Didn't expect this from Keira Knightley.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

The bride and the groom looked pretty decent actually. As for their guests, well ...

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

Is that a string of Christmas lights in her hair?

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

Wonder if she did any tricks with her jaw to entertain guests?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Isn't that just the civil ceremony? Good for her! Pompous celebrity weddings are so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

She looks great.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

She's beautiful. I respect her for not ever getting a boob job, too.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

Why is the article about how low-key their wedding is when there is a shot of a white tent on her property that looks like Ringling Brothers has showed up?

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

Keira Knightley, another talentless, ugly white girl who keeps getting work just because Hollywood loves white people with British accents. Carey Mulligan is another one just like her.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

R15 = Bitter Racist

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

R16 = frau with horrible taste who thinks Keira is "so classy".

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2013

Good for her. Invited close friends only. Kept it under the radar. Married on her terms. Keeping it real without the extravagance, pomp and circumstance. Rare for the famous among us. The Kardashians should take a note. . .or several.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2013

Yeah, she looks cute and happy. Low key and small is good.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2013

[quote]Rare for the famous among us. The Kardashians should take a note. . .or several.

You apparently fail to realize that without the "LOOK AT ME!" stunts, the Kardashians simply don't exist.

Knightley is an accomplished actress. She doesn't need publicity stunts to get attention. Publicity stunts is ALL the Kardashians are.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2013

[quote]Keeping it real without the extravagance, pomp and circumstance. Rare for the famous among us. The Kardashians should take a note. . .or several.

Wouldn't they have to master basic literacy first?

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

Like she cares if you find the "terms" of her wedding acceptabe. LOL Only on DL.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

At least her husband has a career, unlike AnnE's guy.

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2013

R11, she is a devout atheist, so I doubt she would have gone for anything other than a small non-spiritual civil ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2013

That pic of her Provence estate? Fuck. Gorgeous. I'd never leave.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

[quote] At least it seemed simple and low key.

She rented an estate in Provence - how simple and low key is that? Not really.

It doesn't seem to be her estate - just a rental. This is supposed to be just informal and not official vows taking. An earlier article says they will be officially wed when they sign the Registry back in England. So this really isn't a wedding - just the party to celebrate it.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2013

Well I looked at the link and that article says she or her family own the estate. So who knows.

She looks lovely and since she is Chanel's model she wore a Chanel jacket. I have always loved short wedding dresses. This return of the ultra formal wedding in the aughts with a horde of bridesmaids and ALL the brides wearing essentially the same long strapless gown is boring as hell.

Since French laws require the couple to be in residence continuously for about a month before the wedding ceremony not sure what they did at city hall - of course, one can obtain a waiver of both the banns (public announcement) and the residency requirement, so maybe they actually did get legally married there at town hall.

A nice gathering of 50 friends with a band and great food and wine at your estate in Provence sounds rather ideal to me.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2013

I can't believe she's worth 30 million pounds. Christ.

That said, it looks like a wedding I'd actually like to attend.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2013

What's with the chick in the icky yellow dress wearing army boots?

These rich assholes couldn't comb their hair, wear something appropriate to a wedding and put on a pair of decent shoes? Pretentious morons.

by Anonymousreply 2905/04/2013

R29, it isn't like the bride was in some giant, fancy Vera Wang monstrosity. It seems like the invitation probably said casual dress was what they wanted.

Its not like they showed up to the Royal Wedding looking like that.

Take the stick out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 3005/04/2013

R15 R17 = bitter racist cunt who thinks its OK to use skin color as a derogatory description.

Cunty racist is probably pissed that they never get invited to anyone's parties, ever, because they're such a fucking awful boring cunty racist.

by Anonymousreply 3105/04/2013

Everyone looked awful. It is one thing to have a low key celebration, but being under-dressed is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 3205/04/2013

I think that girl in the boots is Alexa Chung, who introduced the couple.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

R30. Dressing casual is one thing. Dressing like a slob is another.

Learn the difference.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2013

I'm crying.She was the sexiest Guinever ever then Chrie Lunghi.If they make more Star Wars,she or Jennifer Lawrence should play Princess Leia's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2013

She seems to be absolutely determined to NEVER wear anything pretty or flattering, and she's held to it on her fucking wedding day!

That little beige thing is as blah as can be, and it emphasizes her flat chest so much it makes me wonder if her husband likes boys.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!