Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Earbuds

I need earbuds!! Any ideas? The ones that come with the iphone/ipod etc hurt.

by Anonymousreply 4705/10/2013

I hate them all, and won't use them

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

I hate them, too. They are useless.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

I think earphones are like nylons, created to break so you buy more.

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

Here's a link to the CNET site.

Two observations though:

One) sound is so subjective, I can't see how reading reviews substitutes for actually hearing.

Two) I like my earbuds made by Skullcandy. Mainly I think I just like their cool name.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

Ooopsy-poo

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

Jaybird Bluebuds X are my third Jaybird Bluetooth stereo "buds" and really good. (I don't work for them or have stock, by the way)

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

Seems weird, but I'm going to try this. A simple diy fix for Apple's awful earbuds:

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

Thanks, basically I am looking for earbuds to use while I work out -- nothing big and bulky -- and the original ones with my iPod hurt like a MO FO.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

Obviously the free iPod headphones are shit. In fact they sell better ones at the Apple shithole expensive store which are also rubbish.

You need a Sennheiser.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

You have ear buds imbedded inside your middle ears and then Bluetooth 'em, OP.

There are places by the roadside south of town that will do this for you for a good price.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Get a pair of yurbuds (available at Amazon). They're reasonably priced, have great sound, comfortable inside your ears and won't fall out. They also have great customer service.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

R7

Interesting but also seems like it would be really easy to have the foam piece detach from the headphone and get stuck inside your ear canal.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

NEVER buy skull candy, they are SHIT. My partner is a music lover and blasts his ipod everywhere he goes. He bought skull candy several times but they feckin went kaput after a couple of months each time. Finally, he had it and bought sony earbuds, they were cheap, like 20 bucks and they are still working fine, after a year or so since purchase. He blasts them every day, very bad for his hearing which is probably damaged but he doesn't listen to me so what can i do...

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

I'm shocked to see everyone out these days with pro headphones (the big can ones) rather than the small unobtrusive buds.

Some of them are really fashionable and they're a bit smaller than the can style ones but still more noticeable. I'd love to do it but would be too self conscious. They're obviously the ideal in comfort and don't fall out and need readjusting all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

I've been seeing those more and more r14. Guess the big over the ear are coming back,

I have some Sony earbuds, the cheap ones, and they have lasted me a long time, well over 3 years. Use them everyday and abuse them like crazy; from work out to falling asleep and getting tangled in them. It's the toughest little buds I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

The Apple ones are the cheapest, most useless ever sold.

I bought some $35 Phillips ones at Target. They are great. They stay in my ears -- and sound better than the $150 ones I had before.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

The big headphones have excellent sound, but they're too hot to wear in the summer--like wearing earmuffs. They make my ears all sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2013

Skull Candy are the best value for money. Equal to Monster or Dr Dre brands at 4 times the price.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2013

Let me guess, OP. Your mommy still buys your underwear for you.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2013

These Panasonic ones (Panasonic RPHJE120S In-Ear Headphone) work well for me. They're incredibly cheap, so I ordered three pair (I'm always leaving them at the gym when I want them at the office, and vice versa--now I have a pair in those locations and at home). The sound is surprisingly good, and just as importantly: they are very comfortable. I highly recommend them.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2013

good for joggings?

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

OP, here are my suggestions. Again, audio is highly subjective and it depends on your music sources (bit rate on your MP3 player and the playback quality of your MP3 player, etc)

around $50

Klipsch 4Si for iPhone and 4Sa for Android

V-Moda True Blood

around and above $100

V-Moda Vibrato

Shure SE215

If you want true faithful reproduction of music and have high end players, try Etymotic ER-4P. It is around $250.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

Shure- they're great

by Anonymousreply 2305/04/2013

Also a Skullcandy fan.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2013

Most comfortable: Apple Earphones

Best sounding: Klipsch

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

Etymotic Research

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

thank you!

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

OP, you should get a pair of the new Apple EarPods. The Pods are much more comfortable than the old Buds.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

^ My apologies. It's early.

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

R29

Is that a joke? I find the new earbuds ridiculous and more worthless than the original. I personally haven't met anyone that likes them.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

I threw away the earbuds that came with my iPhone 5.

Really badly designed (fall out of my ears instantly) and same shitty Apple sound.

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

COmfort is obviously subjective. I personally like in-ear kind.I buy Skull candy, but i stock up on them when they're on sale because they don't last more than 4-6 months most of the time. Usually one ear dies first. I have bought more expensive ones and they didn't last any longer.

by Anonymousreply 3305/05/2013

Ugh! I HATE ear buds! I have a great pair of Sony headphones that I've had for years and they STILL sound great.

r31---I don't know anyone who really likes them, either.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

I got the Bose iphone earbuds and they're great. So, they're not the most attractive things but the sound is better than any other brand and they're durable. Stay away from Klipsch which has great sound but they're flimsy as hell. I had the S4i ones prior to the Bose and they broke after a few months.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

Hate 'em. Only time I use them is on public transportation when Shaniqua's clicking her gum in tune to her rap.

by Anonymousreply 3605/05/2013

You can get over the ear, sound eliminating headphones.

Normally $150, comparable to Bose at $299, MARKED DOWN TO $79, BUT WITH $30 INSTANT REBATE, NOW COST $49 AT SAMS CLUB and elsewhere until May 13, free shipping.

Able Planet, model NC350 BC, noise cancelling phone. All leather padding, detachable cord from phones, gold tipped additional plugs for different sizes, limited lifetime warrantee, case, superb sound, click a switch and they are NOISE CANCELLING PHONES good for planes, trains and automobiles. Many reviews on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 3705/08/2013

The doctor from R7 is kinda hot but what is wrong with his eyes?

by Anonymousreply 3805/08/2013

Bose makes some excellent headphones with earbuds designed to (comfortably) remain in-place.

by Anonymousreply 3905/08/2013

I just use a pair of Sony earbuds with the soft silicone or rubber ends - they don't hurt, and they stay in place. You can get a pair for around 20 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 4005/08/2013

Is it possible to contract a social disease from sharing earbuds?

Ear syphilis? Ear Chlamydia?

by Anonymousreply 4105/08/2013

I hate the Apple earbuds. I have to wear the Right earbud in my left ear and Left one in my right ear - that's the only way they stay in. I also have problems with them at the gym. I sweat a lot when I work out and the sweat seems to knock out the sound in the buds. Does this happen to anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 4205/08/2013

I always use cheap Sony over-the-head earphones. The sound is fine and it's easy to hook one behind an ear or to keep them around your neck when you need to pay attention to something else. Earbuds flap all over the place and get tangled. The Sonys I buy are under twenty bucks.

by Anonymousreply 4305/08/2013

Marshall's/TJ Maxx also sell a bunch of different earphone/buds. I've seen Skullcandy there.

by Anonymousreply 4405/08/2013

Skullcandy, if you listen to modern pop music, or gay dance. It's going to sound like shit anyway. If you actually use them for something of quality, get some Sennheisers. The $30 are awesome and will last you at least a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

Klisch is the best for the money?

by Anonymousreply 4605/10/2013

I have Etymotic ER-4P for about 6 years now. I shopped around online and got them for about $179 after doing a lot of pricing research. They're great. I have extra fuses and ear flanges (which are not at all expensive) and just replace whenever.

They used to sell an Etymotic 6. Don't buy. Bad sound.

So 179 / 6 = $30 year. Not bad. The longer I keep them, the less expensive they are.

by Anonymousreply 4705/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.