Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What diseases am I likely to get and when do you start getting them?

I'm in my 20's, and am trying to exercise almost every day to ward off any disease that I may get upon entering my 30's-40's. I was wondering what diseases are you most likely to get and when do you start getting them?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Always do some sort of cardio to keep your heart healthy.

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2013

I'm 22 and I'm trying to do the same thing, I'm still very young but I plan on maintaining my health and I won't be going down(aging) without a damn fight.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2013

Don't eat processed junk on a regular basis. Read labels and only buy things without all the scientific words on the label, especially high fructose corn syrup which is in everything.

Learn to cook. Eat mostly veggies, fruit, good protein, nuts, beans and good fats. Drink a lot of water

Work towards eating 80% good. You don't want to be miserable obsessing about diet but with all the frankenfoods that are so available it does take some work eat well.

Splurge and enjoy yourself at times so you don't feel deprived.

Find a functional medical doctor or integrative doctor to run basic tests once a year to see if you need improvement in areas. Regular MDs are not trained to prevent future disease or to give nutritional advice.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2013

Mid 30s is really when people start paying the price.

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2013

"You'll live to be 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to."

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

Not likely to get, but age risk and diseases:

0-10 Measles, Chicken Pox, Flu

10-20 Substance Abuse

20-30 STDs

30-40 Cancer

40-50 Heart Disease

50+ Welcome to diseases as am increasingly common way of life.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

Well there's also hereditary conditions and pre-dispositions.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2013

Who the hell is starting these false and uncommitted threads? Is traffic really so bad that someone just sits there and cranks inanity out, to promote the appearance of engagement?

by Anonymousreply 905/03/2013

You are going to do all you can to avoid diseases, OP, and you will die in a traffic accident next year.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!