Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you hate the secretary at your family doctors?

I hate mine. She is an oozing blob that sits there and moves at the pace of a snail. I don't know if I'm the only one she isn't curteous to, but I sometimes thinks she does things slowly for the sake of [italic]spiting[/italic] you. Sometimes I want to take her keyboard and smash on her gargantuan gargoyle-like face. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

I love mine although - you never ever want to piss off the woman who manages access to your care provider.

But I do have an image of you in my head: hands on hips, toe-tapping and letting out deep sighs of impatience.

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2013

Maybe she moves slow because she's fat. Or do you think she's fat to spite you as well, OP?

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2013

I took my grandfather to his dentist appointment a few months back. After waiting a half hour past our 11am appointment my grandfather questioned the receptionist. She announced that we had gotten our time wrong and that the appointment was at 11:30am and it would still be a few more minutes.

There was another day in the waiting room for a while and she then questioned a second receptionist who ad just returned to the desk. That receptionist told her the same story about getting the appointment time wrong. (she hadn't heard the first receptionist lie to us)

I said out loud that it was very unusual that the two patients in the waiting room would both get their appointment times wrong and that it was obvious the game they were playing. We all left and found different dentist.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2013

Curteous. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2013

She hates you, OP, because of your atrocious spelling skills.

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2013

Oh my God yes. She is super religious and is only nice to other religious types (Hasidic Jew). I actually overheard her saying she has to talk to patients like they're two years old because otherwise they won't listen to her. The doc is ok though.

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

The "secretaries" at my doctor's office are two queens, so we get along just fine.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

At my dentist there's usually a 'settling' time of about fifteen minutes before the agreed appointment time. Often this is extended by five, ten minutes. Fine, I suppose, that's what the pile of 'National Geographics' are there for.

Recently I arrived well into the 'settling' time thinking no problem. Naturally there was a new girl at the desk who officiously told me I was five minutes late, and had missed my appointment, but (reluctantly) I might just be fitted in. The dentist himself was fine with it. Just a check-up anyway.

Next appointment: at least thirty-five minutes after the agreed time. 'National Geographic' proved surprisingly diverting.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

OP - is your doctor a therapist for anger management?

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

Luckily, I just have to roll over to see my doctor. However, I do loathe is secretary. It's mutual.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Don't you nitwits understand that the "secretary" does what her/his boss wants?

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

R11 = Mayor Bloomberg

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

She needs to be corrected. Perhaps kicked in the gunt...

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!