Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Summer 2013 Blockbusters Expected To Bomb

Deadline predicts Lone Ranger and World War Z will end up being write offs.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

I know it made a bazillion dollars, but did anyone actually LIKE Hangover 2?

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2013

R1 I'm sure it had it's fans (I didn't like it) and since the third one is a different concept, I bet it will do just as well as the other two.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2013

How could WWZ be anything but a flop considering I read it had a $200 million dollar budget.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2013

[quote]Sony “has a lot riding on this summer’s results” but could be disappointed, Creutz says. After Earth ($80M) has the benefit of starring Will Smith, but director M. Knight Shyamalan “has had a string of box office misfires and outright disasters” including The Last Airbender. This Is The End ($75M) is one of the four adult comedies that has a shot at breaking out, but “the trailers are more odd than funny.” White House Down ($90M) may suffer because the premise — described as Diehard at the White House — “feels a bit stale.” Grown Ups 2 ($125M) has some of comedy’s “most dependable box office stars” — Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, and Chris Rock — which the analyst says gives it an edge vs the other adult comedies. And Smurfs 2 ($80M) “is coming at the tail end of a summer season that will likely already have seen four other higher quality animated films.”

[quote]Universal has “surefire hits” with Fast and Furious and Despicable Me, but Creutz is worried about R.I.P.D. ($50M). Although “anything can happen,” it has had “significant problems in production” and “appears to be an attempt to mimic the action-comedy success of Men In Black” and looks like “an enormous long shot.”

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2013

Who even remembers the Lone Ranger fondly enough to want to see it revived?

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2013

I just want to see Johnny Depp with a stuffed raven on his head.

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

R1, The randy monkey stole the pic.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!