Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Summer 2013 Blockbusters Expected To Bomb

Deadline predicts Lone Ranger and World War Z will end up being write offs.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

I know it made a bazillion dollars, but did anyone actually LIKE Hangover 2?

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2013

R1 I'm sure it had it's fans (I didn't like it) and since the third one is a different concept, I bet it will do just as well as the other two.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2013

How could WWZ be anything but a flop considering I read it had a $200 million dollar budget.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2013

[quote]Sony “has a lot riding on this summer’s results” but could be disappointed, Creutz says. After Earth ($80M) has the benefit of starring Will Smith, but director M. Knight Shyamalan “has had a string of box office misfires and outright disasters” including The Last Airbender. This Is The End ($75M) is one of the four adult comedies that has a shot at breaking out, but “the trailers are more odd than funny.” White House Down ($90M) may suffer because the premise — described as Diehard at the White House — “feels a bit stale.” Grown Ups 2 ($125M) has some of comedy’s “most dependable box office stars” — Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, and Chris Rock — which the analyst says gives it an edge vs the other adult comedies. And Smurfs 2 ($80M) “is coming at the tail end of a summer season that will likely already have seen four other higher quality animated films.”

[quote]Universal has “surefire hits” with Fast and Furious and Despicable Me, but Creutz is worried about R.I.P.D. ($50M). Although “anything can happen,” it has had “significant problems in production” and “appears to be an attempt to mimic the action-comedy success of Men In Black” and looks like “an enormous long shot.”

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2013

Who even remembers the Lone Ranger fondly enough to want to see it revived?

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2013

I just want to see Johnny Depp with a stuffed raven on his head.

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

R1, The randy monkey stole the pic.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.