Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

More Goop Paltrow Delusions: Fans Want Me to Get My Own Iron Man Spinoff

[quote]"The nice thing is that everybody's sort of been very sweet about Pepper in this movie, like all the journalists who came in," she continued. "They were like, 'Oh my god, you have to have your own movie,' because in the comics, Pepper gets her own suit, and she becomes a character called Rescue. They're like, 'We need a Rescue movie,' and I'm like, 'Okay, well, I'd better hit the gym.'

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2013

More she says "journalists", not fans.

by Anonymousreply 105/03/2013

Clearly her most beautiful woman thing was a pubicity coup for the movie producers.

by Anonymousreply 205/03/2013

I don't think Rescue her her own series.

I grew up on comics in the '70s and early '80s before the Dark Age when women were the girlfriends who needed rescuing and occasionally belted the bad guy with a karate chop.

I miss those days.

by Anonymousreply 305/03/2013

I don't think Rescue ever had her own series - is what I meant to write.

by Anonymousreply 405/03/2013

Is her husband as bad as her?

by Anonymousreply 505/03/2013

I've given it some thought and I think I'm just too alluring for a superhero. My dear friend Jessica Chastain would be more suited.

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

I don't think she could handle her own spin-off but it's a great idea for the next Avengers movie.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

It's odd, the juxtaposition of what she's trying to do here and her name, Gwyneth. Just doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2013

[quote]grew up on comics in the '70s and early '80s before the Dark Age when women were the girlfriends who needed rescuing and occasionally belted the bad guy with a karate chop.

What comics were you reading? Wonder Woman's been kicking ass since she fought Nazis in the 40s, and there were plenty more female super heroes introduced between then and the 80s. Many were female versions of male heroes (Supergirl, etc) but many more were completely original. To my knowledge every major superhero team had at least one female member by the 70s.

It's more than a bit of a stretch to say women in comics were exclusively "helpless damsels" in the 70s and 80s. It's flat-out inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 905/03/2013

I'm embarrassed for her.

What an awkward play for a job.

by Anonymousreply 1005/03/2013

R10, if you'd signed that "Sean Young" I would've given you wit and wisdom.

And yes, just wtf is Gwyneth's dysfunction? And she does have one. The pathological patting herself on the back, the "my life is so awesome, so let me tell YOU how to do it." The inappropriate sexuality, "lemme tell you about my bush and blowjobs". Is it narcissism? Her poor children.

by Anonymousreply 1105/03/2013

[quote]"They were like, 'Oh my god, you have to have your own movie,' ... They're like, 'We need a Rescue movie,' and I'm like, 'Okay, well, I'd better hit the gym.'

Why does she talk this way? She's 40 years old, attended private schools, & studied anthropology at the Univ. of Calif. (Santa Barbara) -- she dropped out of college to pursue her career, but she's certainly not some uneducated kid. This kind of childish language makes her look even more foolish than she already is.

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2013

The people who are telling her that she needs to make a "Rescue" movie are the same people who told Sheena Easton that she really needed to record an album of standards.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2013

What are these "Iron Man" movies like? I can't go to them. Explain the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2013

I used to love to hear that Gwenyth had broken a leg.

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2013

Why isn't there an Iron Woman? Who is not portrayed by G. Paltroo

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2013

I don't know anymore if I hate her or am highly entertained by the circus act of this clueless, self-entitled, completely disconnected from reality git.

I do pity her kids, though.

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2013

they will be fine - they will go to Oxford and Cambridge

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2013

not true, r9. PBS just had a great documentary on the history of Wonder Woman, went decade by decade to show how she was rendered in the comics and other media. She was by far the most powerful and autonomous during the 40s, but by the 50s was totally reformed. Even in the 60s and 70s she tended to be more focussed on finding a boyfriend than kicking butt. It was also noted that her character always got tied up in all these sexually submissive poses. Then, I think in the 80s they stripped her of her magic powers entirely and didn't give them back for several years until feminist groups held protests. The documentary also talked about how there was a nice uptick in strong female protagonists/heroes during the 90s (Xena, Buffy, Captain Janeway, etc) but how in the late 90s/early 2000s all the strong female characters were suddenly killed off. They'd "sacrifice" themselves and often pass the mantle on to a male protagonist.

Fascinating and sad at the same time, to realize that Wonder Woman's heyday was literally 70 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2013

[quote]What are these "Iron Man" movies like? I can't go to them. Explain the appeal.

They're good, at least the first one, mainly because of Downey's performance. I don't go in for action movies or superheroes but this one hooked me. Goop and Downey have no chemistry though.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013

[quote]they will be fine - they will go to Oxford and Cambridge

Oh what bullshit.

One will attend a semester at Bard and one will attend a semester at Bennington, and then they will both drop out.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2013

She doesn't care what the plebes think. SHE thinks she's fabulous and wants everyone to know it. If you don't agree then she labels you a "hater" and "jealous". She must be as wonderful as she thinks she is, after all, she's the most beautiful woman IN THE WORLD!!. Her best friend had the dopest video OF ALL TIME!!! What is wrong with you peoples?

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2013

Someone diagnose this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2305/03/2013

Narcissistic personality disorder with histrionic features.

by Anonymousreply 2405/03/2013

Iron Gash

by Anonymousreply 2505/03/2013

Poor poor Brad. How did he put up with this woman? Her cheating on him was a blessing in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 2605/03/2013

Isn't Tony Stark a right-wing Rethug? Blech.

by Anonymousreply 2705/03/2013

Histrionic Personality Disorder ... possibly Borderline as well.

by Anonymousreply 2805/03/2013

[quote]Isn't Tony Stark a right-wing Rethug?

He is against the industrial military complex.

by Anonymousreply 2905/03/2013

Having sat through (most) of Iron Man 3 today, I can tell you Goop barely registers and only has a few scenes. People groaned when she came on screen. She is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 3005/03/2013

Big things go boom? Me like.

by Anonymousreply 3105/03/2013

Maybe she meant the Iron Lady? Streep may have something to say about this.

by Anonymousreply 3205/03/2013

G. Paltrow was in the greatest movie of all time the Avengers. She can do whatever she wants. I suggest a double bill with Black Widow.

by Anonymousreply 3305/03/2013

Superhero names for Gwyneth:

Twitwoman Ms. Drip Trustfundia Overexposurewoman The Egg Boiler White Girl

by Anonymousreply 3405/03/2013

This bitch's fugly face is on the frontpage of Imdb. Kill it now!

by Anonymousreply 3505/04/2013

No. No one has ever asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 3605/04/2013

[quote]Superhero names for Gwyneth:

Goopy Fishsticks.

by Anonymousreply 3705/04/2013

I do like Iron Gash.

Or perhaps Iron Mons.

by Anonymousreply 3805/04/2013

I'm sure her agents wants her to get her own Marvel franchise, it's been a while since she made any big money for him.

by Anonymousreply 3905/04/2013

Her superpower will be her preternaturally high self-esteem!

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2013

[quote] More Goop Paltrow Delusions: Fans Want Me to Get My Own Iron Man Spinoff

THIS is why we hate her!

by Anonymousreply 4105/05/2013

I am not one of her FANS!!!

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.