Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Hopkins University

When I was in my last year of high school, I just thought about what I'd like to be. Never really gave a thought to what university I'd like to attend. Then I thought about John Hopkins in my first year of college. What is John Hopkins like? Have you or anyone you know attended this university?

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

It's JOHNS Hopkins. If you can't even get the name right, you probably aren't really that interested.

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2013

You only hear about the medical school. Is it good for anything else?

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2013

NYC's Mayor Mike Bloomberg is a major donor.

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2013

Big lacrosse school. Very pretty campus. Science school (though the school of economics is now named after Bloomberg).

Also, when you're applying, if you call it "John" Hopkins, it's an automatic turndown.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2013

You will never get into Johns Hopkins. Not with the way you write

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2013

Another "S" problem people from outside Maryland make is saying "Silver Springs."

by Anonymousreply 605/03/2013

I started receiving university recruitment brochures in grade 10, after taking the PSAT. Johns Hopkins offered an accelerated admissions program whereby you could enroll after grade 11, completing high school during your first year at university. I was eager to get out of my hometown and away from my family, I seriously considered that program. My mom wouldn't let me.

I ended up at Rice, which I hated. I've always wondered how different my life would be had I persuaded her to let me go to Johns Hopkins a year early.

by Anonymousreply 705/03/2013

I want to get my PhD at this university. It seems like a good place to be a scientist/mathematician. I was undergraduate STEM and master's degree STEM and now at 40 years old I want more.

Here I come.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.