Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

People who dye their hair blonde

I think it's a trend of the past now, but for past 20-30 (?)* years now, there has been a real craze for blonde hair. Everybody was dying their hair blonde. It looked good on a select few, but in general I never thought it changed how a person looked all that much. To me, it always looked extremely unprofessional. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2013

What the hell do you mean "20-30 years ago"?

The look of the moment is blonde-with-a-fake-tan, every woman of every race has gone blonde, and so has her momma.

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2013

Women have been bleaching their hair since Jean Harlow went platinum in the 30's. It's not new.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2013

And what's all this with the fingernail polish and the red lipstick? Women are starting to look like ....tarts! I saw a bleached hair woman with red lipstick, fingernail polish and high heels the other day! What is the world coming to?

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2013

I did not dye my hair blonde. I died it blonde.

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2013

I had my hair straightened to look like Anjelica Houston and I'll be damned, it worked. Now I'm going to have all my chins laced together to complete the job.

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2013

What's worse is those thick blonde streaks that radiate from the scalp. No matter what the hair color is, those damn streaks are hideous, especially on dark hair. Bride of Frankenstein much?

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2013

The trend now is the ombre hair where it's dark on the top half and gradually gets lighter. I saw a Drew Barrymore movie last year that was set in the 80s and she had the hairstyle, which was totally anachronistic. No one had hair like that in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2013

I've dyed my hair blonde off and on. I like it blonde from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2013

I only dye my pubes. I feel it gives my penis more personality.

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2013

The only blonde and blond dye jobs that look decent are the multiple shades you can get from a good colorist. You need at least four different colors.

It's expensive but it can look good if it's properly maintained. Eventually you have to give your hair a rest from the chemicals but a professional can hold that off for years.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2013

I tried it once. My hair doesn't want to be blonde.

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2013

The only people who look good as blondes are white people with Northern or Central European features. Everyone else looks bloody awful as a blond/blonde. I cringe when I see otherwise attractive women of color who end up looking like cheap hookers with their horrible blonde hair. They don't seem to realize that most people look their best with their natural hair color.

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2013

It's an anglo thing - Give it a few more decades and it wont be a problem LOL.

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2013

Unless you're covering gray, I always think hair dye indicates someone with Issues. It's like they keep trying to re-invent themselves- but why? Who are you? What are you running from?

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2013

I have to disagree with R15, I've seen some black women who look good with blonde hair, especially if they're light in complexion. Quite a few biracial people are naturally blonde, and it looks beautiful. Some Latinas look good that way too.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2013

Someone needs to clue me in why dying hair blonde is construed as "unprofessional." I just don't get it. Color me clueless, but I don't.

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2013

Everybody just wants to look like me.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013

I think, by "unprofessional", OP means "hooker-ish".

Cheap, home-dyed, overly-fried hair looks like shit, and makes its owner look like a trashy idiot and/or a streetwalker.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2013

OP, hair is "bleached" blonde, not dyed. Dye is used to add color, i.e. black, brown, and red.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2013

IMHO a well-done blonde do can help an ordinary woman look prettier, it's a good fix for any gal with mellow or drab natural coloring. Light hair flatters most faces, and a well-planned shade can bring a glow to most complexions.

It's not a good fix for any gal with naturally dramatic coloring! If your hair or skin is naturally very dark, don't do that to yourself. You'll look trashy.

by Anonymousreply 2305/03/2013

The worst is women who dye their hair the color it was when they were young fifty years ago. Shoe polish black is not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 2405/04/2013

The ombre look is what used to be called a bad dye job. Tamara Ecclestone was recently sporting it. Two billion in the bank and she looked like her hairdresser was Hairdo Heaven of Slough.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

My ancestry is all northern European. My hair was light blonde when I was a child up until high school when it darkened. In college I started bleaching my hair to get back to my once natural color and I have continued every since. For me, the dark is the unnatural. Since I was born blonde, my complexion fits well with it.

by Anonymousreply 2605/04/2013

I prefer the natural, glowing orange tones of Ronald Reagan and Paul McCartney.

by Anonymousreply 2705/04/2013

I agree with the comment about black woman, a platinum bleaching with a cropped fro looks really good.

I hate when I see middle eastern women bleaching their hair blond. That is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 2805/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!