Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andrew Sullivan needs an assistant, bitches!

Oh and you have to be willing to feed his dogs and keep track of his medication.

Posted on his blog:

The Dish is hiring an experienced personal assistant for me mainly, but also for the other editors. Now we’re independent, the workload has gone up a lot – we’re doing business without a publisher, to be blunt – and we desperately need practical help. So I’m looking for someone to help me get my life better organized so I can focus more effectively on the Dish, journalism, writing, thinking. The job includes everything that you can imagine: from managing my calendar, setting up travel arrangements, dealing with press inquiries, to handling my in-box, helping me manage real estate, occasional dog-sitting and walking, keeping track of my regimen of medications with doctors and insurance companies, and the conventional office-work the job usually entails. Errands for other editors will also be part of the job. It’s a full-time position, requiring real commitment and intense, varied organizational skills.

The assistant will need to live in New York City, know and care about the Dish, and be pro-active in getting shit done. It requires full-time availability, but you work from home and have flexibility. We’re looking for someone with at least a year’s experience as a professional PA, someone capable of operating in very different fields, and fully able to push back if I’m on the wrong path or just need some calendar discipline. Being within easy distance of lower Manhattan is a big plus. The salary, alas, is modest because we are a very lean operation (subscribe here to help on that). But, with readers’ help, we may be able to pay more in the future; and salary is negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience. The job is not an editorial one – but you’d be included in all our confabs, editorial meetings and be a full part of the Dish team.

Email us your resume, a brief cover-email explaining why you fit the job description, and two references to apply@andrewsullivan.com. Put “Personal Assistant” in the subject line.

by Anonymousreply 3606/04/2013

He didn't mention it in the description, but I bet it includes all the weed you can smoke.

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2013

Pushy little thing considering what's left of his career these days.

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2013

he forgot the part about the job requiring deft milky loads disbursement.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2013

"When you present your resume, be prepared to present your hole as well."

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2013

[quote]The job includes everything that you can imagine: from managing my calendar, setting up travel arrangements, dealing with press inquiries, to handling my in-box, helping me manage real estate, occasional dog-sitting and walking, keeping track of my regimen of medications with doctors and insurance companies, and the conventional office-work the job usually entails.

Brushing out my beard, putting blankets down underneath the Provincetown Pier for me to lie down upon to put my legs in the air for every man who comes by, feeding me hundreds of bonbons, scratching my ass...

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2013

Andrew is a landlord, so that's his "profession" nowadays....

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2013

Sounds like a potential nightmarish experience for some poor sap.

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2013

[quote]The job includes everything that you can imagine: from managing my calendar, setting up travel arrangements, dealing with press inquiries, to handling my in-box, helping me manage real estate, occasional dog-sitting and walking, keeping track of my regimen of medications with doctors and insurance companies, and the conventional office-work the job usually entails.

In Stefan:

This job has EVERYTHING! Secretaries, travel agents, fan club correspondence, scrubbing out abandoned apartments, picking up dog shit, keeping me from ODing, professional grade lying and a bit of light Xeroxing!

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2013

Minimum wage. Cash.

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2013

He's going to have a hard time finding one unless he specifies that they will never be photographed together or name to appear in print besides AS's.

by Anonymousreply 1205/02/2013

He needs an assistant to help him push away from the dinner table. He was sitting outside Cowgirl Hall of Fame yesterday behind a huge plate of barbecue chicken and fries. Tortilla chips, too!

by Anonymousreply 1305/02/2013

[quote]MILKY LOADS

Thanks r14. That's so edgy and very original. Do you also post as Helen Lawson?

by Anonymousreply 1505/02/2013

r15 = Sully, sulking

by Anonymousreply 1605/02/2013

Sullivan has no idea that only a crazed narcissist could have written such a job description! Why, even typing it made him feel busier and more important!

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2013

Ehrenstein will be applying so he can poison his food.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2013

I heard André Leon Talley is available.

Soon, Tina Brown too.

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2013

I feel sorry for people who apply for jobs like this. This job description doesn't even work in theory let alone practice. "Oh yes, when you're not walking my dog, picking up my prescriptions, on the phone with my insurance company, doing everybody else's errands and managing my rental properties - you'll be privy to all of our editorial confabs!" Yeah, right.

Why even appeal to someone interested in journalism? There clearly isn't one element of that in the job description. In fact, it would have to be somebody without the slightest bit of interest in journalism because that's not a carrot he can dangle in their face. There's no opportunity for that. He needs a diehard, dedicated, PA with no life of their own but frankly that person would require better wages. Any benefits?

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013

When he says dog sitting does he mean you have to take the dog home or stay at his place on short notice? What a nightmare.

Sounds like The Dish is going down the toilet. With all of his requirements, why would he even tack on everybody else's errands? Those people should run their own errands.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2013

He got AIDS from being irresponsible. The least he could do is be responsible with his medication. Why does someone else have to monitor that for him?

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2013

When he started writing that ad, he wanted a secretary. By the end, he wanted a Mother.

by Anonymousreply 2405/03/2013

"Calendar discipline" sounds kinky.

by Anonymousreply 2505/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 2605/03/2013

I don't know as the candidate is to actually play nurse in monitoring taking the meds, but to fight with insurance companies over anything rejected as "not-in-plan, not covered" etc. The "real estate" is likely renting the DC condo (that he didn't sell), plus the P-Town place - he's hinted that he's growing tired of the latter (cue: "translation: he's done everyone there"), so is probably renting it, at least in the fall/spring shoulder seasons.

by Anonymousreply 2705/03/2013

The prescription stuff probably means administering it, monitoring supply, filling repeat prescriptions and haggling with insurance, i.e., a nightmare.

I would never want to be that dependent on another person, paid or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2805/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 2905/03/2013

"The prescription stuff probably means administering it"

A PERFECT opportunity for the fictional Sully-hating stalker to use his wiles!!!

by Anonymousreply 3005/03/2013

"Openness and commitment to swapping milky loads a must. Experience unnecessary but inevitable."

by Anonymousreply 3105/03/2013

[quote]keeping track of my regimen of medications with doctors and insurance companies

So if I die, it's your fault.

by Anonymousreply 3205/03/2013

Oh, my, the Wicked Witch of the West has created yet another "I hate Milky Loads Sullivan thread". Dear David, how old are YOU now? Can't you find someone else to gnaw on? Go play with your monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

Gnaw on that canard, R33.

"keeping track of my regimen of medications"

translation: score some pot for me.

by Anonymousreply 3405/04/2013

So which one of you bitches got this job?

by Anonymousreply 3506/04/2013

He's probably still searching for help.

by Anonymousreply 3606/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.