Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Amazon a safe site to buy stuff from?

We've all heard of credit card scam sites, so is Amazon a safe site to buy stuff from?

by Anonymousreply 4305/16/2013

OP dear, it is not safe for you to be on the internet at all.

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2013

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2013

And R1 is right.

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2013

It doesn't get more legit than Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2013

It's safe as long as you put a condom over your router before you buy anything.

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2013

Safer than Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2013

No, absolutely not. Don't do it. You'll be sorry. I'm not kidding. Really.

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2013

Don't trust those fly-by-night start-ups like Amazon!

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2013

R6, right? !

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2013

Amazon is the best. Quick delivery, excellent customer service.

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2013

I've been shopping with Amazon for years and have never had a problem.

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2013

OP, are you the same person who just realized Detroit is a ghost town?

How did you teleport here from 1995?

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2013

I just hate having to pay $18 a year to be able to shop there.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2013

they're great, fast and efficient. I buy all my cd's and dvd's from them now.

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2013

Let me guess. Op is the incredibly smart recent graduate who chose to help others as a social worker instead of selfishly going to med school. And did not know what a fucking bed bug was.

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2013

Of course, Amazon is great. I've had Amazon Prime since they first offered it and I love it. But be careful if you're buying from an outside seller through them. Read up on that vendor's customer feedback to make sure they're well reviewed.

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2013

Oh, bless your heart, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2013

R16, I bought something from one of Amazon's outside sellers a few months ago. When they emailed me asking for feedback, I went online and said their shipping charge was too high for such a lightweight item. They emailed me again and agreed to remove the shipping charge in exchange for my editing my feedback.

The reason I'm relating that story is that your Amazon feedback has more weight with their outside vendors than you might realize.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2013

Why does Amazon not allow streaming outside the states and why are their international shipping costs so much? Amazon sucks!

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2013

Is this a thread from 1998?

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013

There must be something about this company in the newsgroups.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2013

[quote] I bought something from one of Amazon's outside sellers a few months ago. When they emailed me asking for feedback, I went online and said their shipping charge was too high for such a lightweight item. They emailed me again and agreed to remove the shipping charge in exchange for my editing my feedback.

Do you realize that Amazon often sets the shipping prices for 3rd party seller items, not the sellers themselves? Assuming this was the case, it's not fair to take it out on the seller.

by Anonymousreply 2205/03/2013

Amazon lost its luster for me when I found out they are tax-sheltered in Luxembourg now.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 2305/03/2013

R22, I checked first and found out the seller set the shipping charge.

Regardless who set it, it was entirely too high.

by Anonymousreply 2405/03/2013

Actually all you people are stupid. It actually is NOT safe to buy on Amazon. Twice I have been ripped off. One time the seller never sent me the stuff. Another time Amazon sent me to an external sight and they never sent me the stuff either.

by Anonymousreply 2505/04/2013

Your credit card won't be stolen.

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

Lets just answer OP's question: yes, amazon is safe.

Now, to idiots who buy things online and complain they got ripped off: put down the mouse, turn off your computer, unplug it all and chuck it out the window. Or donate it to someone who will use it appropriately.

And to people who think shipping is free: stop buying shit online! Drag your fat ass to the mall, find a parking space, traipse from store to store looking for that Pat Benataur CD you just *have to have* and shut up about how much it costs to have something brought to your door for you from across the world. If whatever you want isn't available at your local store, you weren't meant to have it, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

I always order my packages from Amazon, because of their prices and the smile on the box. :)

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

[[quote]It actually is NOT safe to buy on Amazon. Twice I have been ripped off. One time the seller never sent me the stuff. Another time Amazon sent me to an external sight [sic] and they never sent me the stuff either.

You take your chances with the third-party sellers as far as the quality of the merchandise or service goes, but with Amazon processing the payment at least your credit card and contact information is secure.

With merchandise that comes directly from an Amazon warehouse, I've never had a single issue.

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

I've had really good experiences with them over the years. Have had to return a couple items and the process was easy and the refund was quick. I think it's very safe.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

I suppose there is minimal risk from third party vendors on Amazon, but only if the vendor is new or is planning in getting kicked off Amazon. They have strict guidelines for doing business, and if a vendor deviates too often, they will be removed. Amazon is now a huge company, and frankly doesn't have time to deal with scammers and vendors that aren't going to provide the level of service Amazon and their customers demand.

Think of it this way: you buy something from a third party vendor and aren't happy; it's not what you thought you were buying, or the quality was inferior, or whatever. Do you blame the vendor, or do you blame Amazon? Well, Amazon knows that the key to any business is repeat customers, so they're going to do everything they can to keep you. Amazon knows you blame them, and therefor, they demand (and get) good service and products, or they won't give the vendor access to their customers.

Really, this isn't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

[quote]You take your chances with the third-party sellers as far as the quality of the merchandise or service goes, but with Amazon processing the payment at least your credit card and contact information is secure.

Amazon doesn't always process the payment. A lot of times you go to the seller's site and do their payment system.

by Anonymousreply 3305/05/2013

I've never had a problem buying stuff from there but I don't buy all that much. A useful tip, buy amazon gift cards and use it for your purchase so you don't have to give out your credit card info.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

I recently had a $76.00 charge on my American Express account from Amazon, even though I haven't bought anything from them since last year. I disputed the charge with American Express, and just got a letter from them that Amazon was not able to prove that it was a purchase from me. So I was credited the amount. Seemed funny to me. If I was a person who used my credit card a lot, or had a wife and kids using it all the time, it would have gone unnoticed. I feel this is now a common practice. Pay attention to all charges, mistake or not, I would have paid it if I was not on top of things.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

Did you sign up for Amazon Prime free trial, R35?

by Anonymousreply 3605/05/2013

When I buy or pay bills online, I use a debit card linked to an account with a small balance. I only transfer enough money to the account to cover purchases.

by Anonymousreply 3705/05/2013

R36 no I did not

by Anonymousreply 3805/11/2013

[quote]Amazon doesn't always process the payment. A lot of times you go to the seller's site and do their payment system.

That's 100 percent not true. You sound too old and stupid to be on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 3905/12/2013

You can buy all your sex toys though Amazon. That way the mail carrier thinks you're getting books when you're really getting an anal massager with six specialty attachments.

by Anonymousreply 4005/12/2013

Does Amazon take returns? What if I don't know my size?

by Anonymousreply 4105/16/2013

Amazon does take returns, but I've read of people being permanently banned from the site after making "too many" of them. Which always makes me paranoid returning things--even when it's warranted.

by Anonymousreply 4205/16/2013

I have to return something today. The seller sent me the completely wrong item and wanted me to just write 'return' on the box and dump it in a mail box with no tracking despite it being over $200 worth of merchandise. They finally emailed me a pre-paid label with which to send it back to Amazon (writing 'return' on the box would have sent it to the seller's home/office) and now I find that I will be charged by UPS for a pick-up despite it being a pre-paid label. This is stupid. It was their fuck-up entirely; I shouldn't be penalized or inconvenienced because of it in any way.

by Anonymousreply 4305/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.