Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Goop’s Guide to a Good Marriage-Don't yell at your husband when you're angry.. give him a blow job

She paints herself as a domestic goddess, and once encouraged people to 'nourish the inner aspect' on her pretentious Goop lifestyle website.

But it seems even perfect Gwyneth Paltrow is not always brimming with such lofty words of wisdom.

In a new interview it emerged the 40-year-old actress, who is married to Coldplay singer Chris Martin, once advised a female friend that oral sex was the solution for women wanting to prevent an argument with their husbands.

The Iron Man 3 actress didn't volunteer this story willingly, but was left red faced after chat show host Chelsea Handler made the revelation as she made an appearance on her show on Monday night.

Paltrow was having dinner with friends, including Handler, when the unnamed woman told them she was furious with her spouse after a huge bust up.

But according to Handler, Gwyneth told her to let go of her anger - before giving her the unusual advice.

Chelsea told the audience: 'We were at a dinner party one night and this girl was asking for advice and Gwyneth is an amazing advice giver.

'The woman was saying "I got into a big fight with my husband and I got home and I wanted to scream and yell" and Gwyneth was like "Whatever you're doing just do the opposite, just go at him with love and you give him a blow job".'

Gwyneth was embarrassed when Handler told the story. Putting her head in her hands she said: 'What if my mom is watching this show?'

But Gwyneth hasn't been shy of late. She arrived to the Los Angeles premiere of Iron Man 3 last week wearing a daring dress with sheer side panels.

She then admitted during an interview with Ellen that she had to 'reach for the razor' before wearing ensembles because usually she works a '70s vibe' 'downstairs'.

Paltrow previously admitted she believes one of the reasons why her 10 year marriage has lasted is because she is willing to 'compromise' in order to be there for Coldplay star Chris Martin.

She said: 'I have little kids in school. I want to maintain my marriage and my family, so I have to be here when he comes home.'

Explaining an unnamed friend recently came to her for advice, she added: 'She is an actress and in a new relationship with someone else with a big career, and I said this may not be feminist, but you have to compromise.

'It's been all about you and you're a big deal. And if you want what you're saying you want - a family - you have to be a wife, and that is part of the equation.

'Gloria Steinem may string me up by my toes, but all I can do is my best, and I can do only what works for me and my family.'

by Anonymousreply 4703/27/2014

I would think that getting a blow job while you're significant other is angry at you could be a very dangerous thing

by Anonymousreply 105/01/2013

God I hate her with each new revelation. If anyone else had said such a thing, she would think it most uncouth.

by Anonymousreply 205/01/2013

Usually, these Perfect Homemaker, Full of Happiness, protestations come within months of the divorce announcement.

by Anonymousreply 305/01/2013

A blowjob from her would be punishment indeed.

by Anonymousreply 405/01/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 505/01/2013

Dare I say Affleck dodged a bullet with this one? Although sometimes I see a bit of an insane twinkle in his wife's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 605/01/2013

At least she stops talking for a few minutes!

by Anonymousreply 705/01/2013

Ugh, she really is the worst.

Guess she's dying to "win" Most Hated two years in a row.

by Anonymousreply 805/01/2013

She got a huge ovation on Handler's show after the IM3 clip. I'm glad to see her film career is on the rise. She's good as Pepper Potts.

by Anonymousreply 905/01/2013

Well, it worked wonders for Harvey Weinstein...

by Anonymousreply 1005/01/2013

I bet Chris likes having a wet finger up his hole at the same time, but she won't do that.

by Anonymousreply 1105/01/2013

I am beginning to suspect that 'GOOP' is a performance art piece, like Joaquin Phoenix. In a year or so, Paltrow is going to reveal it's all been a ruse and she played those fraus good. Or she's just an insufferable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1205/01/2013

Look how well it worked for me!

by Anonymousreply 1305/01/2013

How proud her mother must be.

by Anonymousreply 1505/01/2013

Chelsea Handler's lez, right? Alcoholic division?

by Anonymousreply 1605/01/2013

This isn't so distrubing. I was disturbed more by Cameron Diaz's revelation that Gynnie has a bush unkempt enough to float like seaweed in a bathtub. (Diaz's description, not mine)

by Anonymousreply 1705/01/2013

Shit who cares about her bush? Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 1805/01/2013

Give him a blowjob and fuck the tennis pro, it's the way of the Trophy Wife.

by Anonymousreply 1905/01/2013

" I want to maintain my marriage and my family, so I have to be here when he comes home.'"

What? Comes home? He's not working! Comes home from where?

He doesn't have a J-O-B Goop!

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2013

R17, under what conditions did Cameron see it? What an odd thing.

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2013

Here's the story at the link. The DM is a right wing publication, but it satisfies for gossip.

by Anonymousreply 2205/01/2013

I really can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 2305/01/2013

Ugh Cameron Diaz is just as bad. She's like a dumb sorority girl. Grow up woman, you're fucking 40.

However, Goop obviously told the story on Ellen to try to appear humble. She says she went from being "the most beautiful woman in the world" to "the most humiliated."

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2013

IHWU, I wouldn't mind sucking Chris Martin's dick.

by Anonymousreply 2505/01/2013

Further, Goop does not suck cock, this is just made-up famewhoring bs from her. She's Jewish. Jewish fraus don't suck cock for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 2605/01/2013

I actually think that's good advice.

I mean for the petty things. I get cranky a lot and if I voiced every little gripe I'd be alone and lonely forever.

So unless you're being abused, why not?

by Anonymousreply 2705/01/2013

She comes off as stoned or slightly retarded. In both instances, these fascinating bodily tidbits were approved by her publicist, Stephen Huvane. There is no original humor coming from Goop. It sadly makes me realize that Oscar winner now equals trash. Maybe Reese was the "girl" she told to suck it.

by Anonymousreply 2805/01/2013

Are Reese & Goop friends through Chelsea Handler or Anniston?

by Anonymousreply 2905/01/2013

They all are hitting their 40's and the bottle. Even Drew is a lush again.

by Anonymousreply 3005/01/2013

She's like a 50s housewife.

by Anonymousreply 3105/01/2013

She's is kind of cool and Chelsea Handler is a cow.

by Anonymousreply 3205/01/2013

She has size 15 feet.

by Anonymousreply 3305/01/2013

I HATE Gwynnie & I am a feminist when it comes to equal rights, equal pay for equal work etc but as a woman if you want the whole "happy husband & family scene" whether you work or not you do have to do this:

'It's been all about you and you're a big deal. And if you want what you're saying you want - a family - you have to be a wife, and that is part of the equation.

We talk the equality talk but yes you are a "wife" you do have to pardon the pun and "suck it up" in more ways than one. Is it right? No. Is it real? yes.

If you don't "compromise" you end up divorced. I've seen it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 3405/01/2013

"She's like a 50s housewife."

Very true, and she should dress like Mrs. Cleaver complete with the pearls. Then it would be a perfect form for her to talk about her idiotic musings and reports from the lazy upper class, including tips on blowjobs and beaver shaving.

She's a parody and a tool.

by Anonymousreply 3505/01/2013

She's an entitled, insufferable, lying, sack of shit.

Am I the only one who remembers that Brad dumped her not only for cheating on him but because she never gave head?

Rocking a 70's vibe with her snatch, rocking a 50's vibe with her attitude.

by Anonymousreply 3605/01/2013

Oh you can tell she gives nibbly overwhelmed head with those teeth of hers. She's not appealing. There's zero allure. She's making big mistakes with these pronouncements.

by Anonymousreply 3705/01/2013

[quote] This isn't so distrubing. I was disturbed more by Cameron Diaz's revelation that Gynnie has a bush unkempt enough to float like seaweed in a bathtub.

I'm surprised. I remember her telling the world that she waxed her crotch and how it improved her sex life tremendously

by Anonymousreply 3805/01/2013

Did 50s housewives give blowjobs?

Wouldn't the hubby have had to pay a hooker for that?

by Anonymousreply 3905/02/2013

yes r38 wasn't she the poster child for J Sisters in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 4005/02/2013

R34 appears to be the Datalounge's very own Golem - the Ur-frau that we have resurrected through all our years of mocking and bitching about them.

by Anonymousreply 4105/02/2013

It'll be interesting to see how long her husband sticks arround with her making such a fool of herself.

by Anonymousreply 4205/03/2013

I remember that too, R38. God, that was a LONG time ago. She said in an interview that she sent the "waxer" a thank you note for helping improve her sex life. Hmmm....guess Chris prefers the natural look.

She sure loves talking about her cooch though doesn't she? It must work as a publicity ploy considering people still remember the last "bush bomb" she dropped 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4305/03/2013

ooops typo in the book sorry!....this was supposed to go in the chapter about how to keep your FATHER happy....not your husband.

We will correct it in the second printing.

by Anonymousreply 4405/03/2013

She literally wants goop on the tip of every woman's tongue.

by Anonymousreply 4505/03/2013

Hmmm...there seems to be a return to the 50's mindset of what a wife should do- Gwyn with her blowjobs and Gabrielle Reece with her "submissive is strength" comment.

Is it a backlash from the strong, assertive, independent, successful lifestyle? Is it the lazy way to maintain a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2013

Gwyneth, obviously your bjs need some work.

by Anonymousreply 4703/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!