Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Iron Man 3

Do you think the fanboys are going to ultra-pissed when they realize...

SPOILER inside....

by Anonymousreply 2805/10/2013

The Mandarin is not really the Mandarin.

I can see a huge backlash.

by Anonymousreply 105/01/2013

I liked the twist a lot, and Sir Ben is AMAZEBALLS as the Mandarin! Maybe not what fanboys expect, BUT that's what was so brilliant about it. The rest of the movie is quite good although they should have eased on the action in favour of some great character scenes. That's what made the first movie so special after all! Nonetheless it's a great movie and worth checking out. I think Marvel is moving more and more into the direction of generic comic book action movies and less towards something for mature audiences.

by Anonymousreply 205/01/2013

Is the second one worth seeing? I just saw the first one on tv last week and rather enjoyed it but maybe that's enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 305/01/2013

Scond one was awful. That is why Favreau didn't direct this one.

by Anonymousreply 405/01/2013

I've tried multiple times to get through the 2nd one but ended up falling asleep every time. Could be the weed. This 3rd one though actually looks like it might be good.

So what's the twist? Who is Kingsley really playing?

by Anonymousreply 505/01/2013

I just wish Robert Downey Jr. would O.D. so we can finally be rid of his smarmy face for good.

Seriously. I'm sick of this old douche. And he's just too old at this point for the role.

by Anonymousreply 605/01/2013

My buddy in England saw Iron Man 3 and says it's awesome. Can't wait til it gets to the States. Yeehah!

by Anonymousreply 705/01/2013

I'm am in agreement with r7. RDJ is a smug bastard who would be dead with no career if it wasn't for his famous dad.

by Anonymousreply 805/01/2013

[quote]Who is Kingsley really playing?

Some out-of-work actor hired by the main villain (Guy Pearce) to act as some big bad terrorist. He's in it just for the women and booze.

by Anonymousreply 905/01/2013

Welcome to the Summer moviegoing season! Fanboys get a lot to jizz over in the next few months - Star Trek, Wolverine, Superman Man of Steel.

by Anonymousreply 1005/01/2013

IM2 was a POS. And I hate Goop, so not going to see IM3 till it's on NF.

by Anonymousreply 1105/01/2013

I can't believe they killed Gweneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 1205/01/2013

If that's the case R13, this should be the number one movie at the box office for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 1305/01/2013

Aw, I was kinda hoping for some super powered fabulous jewelry!

by Anonymousreply 1405/01/2013

I take RDJ anytime over Pitt, Affleck, DiCaprio, Cruise, Depp and the usual lame A Listers. At least he can act!

by Anonymousreply 1505/02/2013

She did not die r13.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2013

Maybe not R17 but Gwynnie feels quite deeply that Peps deserves her own sequel.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2013

Have y'all watched Kingsley doing his promo talk show appearances? He really does make people address him as Sir Ben. I had thought that was trash talk from a bitter ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2013

Was it really surprising who Mandarin turned out to be? I thought it was pretty obvious from the first scene. Are people really calling this a "twist"?

by Anonymousreply 1905/07/2013

Goopy is going to be Pepper Potts as long as RDJ will play Tony Stark. I am pretty sure he wants her to be in future movies. They were super cute together during the promotion tour. Seems they are really good friends. I find the constant pointless hating against Goop way more annoying than her. I actually find her pretty cool, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 2005/07/2013

Ugh political correctness. They did not want the Mandarin to be like he is in the comics, they felt it was too racist.

by Anonymousreply 2105/07/2013

Add me to the list of overexposed RDJ haters.

by Anonymousreply 2205/07/2013

Yeah RDJ is not as funny as he thinks he is. They didn't want to be racist but didn't care about the many gun deaths...

by Anonymousreply 2305/08/2013

"Ugh political correctness. They did not want the Mandarin to be like he is in the comics, they felt it was too racist."

How deluded of you. They did it so they wouldn't alienate the Chinese movie going public. It was entirely motivated by money. You think the makers of Iron Man, which began as a pro-Vietnam war comic give a shit about "political correctness?" I guess you don't know they filmed extra scenes with Fan Bing Bing precisely to get more money in China/Asia. I love it how conservatives like to paint Hollywood as this enormous pinko commie loving town when the movie business is one of the biggest American industries and it's ALWAYS about the money.

by Anonymousreply 2405/08/2013

I saw Iron Man 3 this week, and it was really a fun romp. IM2 was absolute shit, as others have noted, but this was a great popcorn flick. No important message -- it's all about vengeance -- but it's very well done, with some surprisingly witty writing along the way.

by Anonymousreply 2505/08/2013

When Pepper 'dies' RDJ's reaction is really weak. He doesn't even shed a tear and he's making jokes about a minute later.I knew the limo driver would be in a coma most of the movie Too many senseless death by guns esp the mother of the vet..

by Anonymousreply 2605/08/2013

R26 Iron Man 2 was not as bad as some people say. It had at least great character scenes, something IM3 is completely missing (except for Sir Ben). The villain story in IM2 was a bit lame and somehow not very original. The overall story was a bit rushed and the Avengers build up was forced into the story, which made it a bit messy. But I still think IM3 is the worst of the series, a complete mess in terms of plot and believability of the story. Can't blame RDJ if he does not want to continue anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2705/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!