Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Urine a lotta trouble

300 gallons of urine found in man’s home

The Sideshow - 6 hrs ago

Police are trying to figure out exactly how to handle one man’s truly wasteful collection after 300 gallons of bottled urine were discovered inside a residential home.

According to the News-Times, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) spokesman Dennis Schain said authorities found “200 to 300 one-gallon plastic jugs filled with human urine" during a search of the man’s home in Watertown, Connecticut.

Police have declined to publicly release the man’s name, as he has not yet been formally charged with a crime.

"An environmental contractor ... was brought into help deal with this under our supervision," Schain told the paper, saying DEEP authorities were called in to assess what he described as a home "in a state of disrepair."

Despite the disturbing and unusual nature of the urine collection, Schain said it’s unlikely authorities will actually charge the man with a crime. He’s not the first person to store his own urine, with these cases often tied to mental illness. For example, Howard Hughes famously stored his own urine after retreating to Las Vegas. The actor James Franco even admitted to bottling his own urine, though that was part of a youthful prank.

In the meantime, the urine is schedule to be taken to a waste treatment plant for proper disposal.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

So much for Connecticut being an upscale state.

by Anonymousreply 105/01/2013

Anyone know which mental illness is linked to this compulsion?

by Anonymousreply 205/01/2013

And he lived in Watertown...

by Anonymousreply 305/01/2013

And DEEP spelled backwards is....

by Anonymousreply 405/01/2013

Three hundred gallons? Just how long was he stuck on an elevator?

by Anonymousreply 505/01/2013

[quote]The actor James Franco even admitted to bottling his own urine

Why would Franco ever mention this to a reporter?

by Anonymousreply 605/01/2013

[R6] Why would Noah Wiley and Al Roker both admit they shit they pants when they tried to fart?

by Anonymousreply 705/01/2013

[quote]Anyone know which mental illness is linked to this compulsion?

I believe it is a type of hoarding.

by Anonymousreply 805/01/2013

The secret's in the sauce!

by Anonymousreply 905/01/2013

A real life Urinetown.!

by Anonymousreply 1005/01/2013

[quote]"An environmental contractor ... was brought into help deal with this under our supervision,"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1105/01/2013

The mentally ill are such trouble to society.

by Anonymousreply 1205/01/2013

Well, we do it to make sure that you're serious about wanting insurance. I mean, if you're not, you won't spend a couple of months filling up that enormous churn with mmm, so on and so on...

by Anonymousreply 1305/01/2013

I wonder who leaked this news to the police....

by Anonymousreply 1405/01/2013

Yep, this is sounding like a next season of Hording show.

300 gallons. Picture the water cooler in a typical office. I think those are only 5 gallons. So imagine about 60 of those full to the brim.

Talk about a gold rush.

by Anonymousreply 1505/01/2013

This info probably trickled down from someone who just had an inkling.

by Anonymousreply 1605/01/2013

Clown on the wall, opossum in the vanity, or demon in the toilet: obviously not a sink pisser.

by Anonymousreply 1705/01/2013

Mmmm, nectar of the Gods.

by Anonymousreply 1805/01/2013

Why is this a problem? What business is it of anyone else? And if he want's to get rid of it, why not just pour it down the toilet?

by Anonymousreply 1905/01/2013

All the crazy things happen in Connecticuttt!

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2013

Ummm, why didn't they just flush it down the toilet??? HELLO??? do they really need a WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY??

Remind me to never live in that state! The authorities are idiots! Just like the jokers in DC!! Idiots!! All of them!

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2013

R19, do you realize how long it would take to pour 300 gallons of anything in a toilet? They could however fill the tub 6 times or so and that would work.

Or

He could just throw a Water Boys Party.

by Anonymousreply 2205/01/2013

Any guy who can produce that much movie product is HIRED!

by Anonymousreply 2305/01/2013

[quote]do you realize how long it would take to pour 300 gallons of anything in a toilet?

They could be done by sunrise if they'd just stop talking and start doing!

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2013

{quote]Why would Noah Wiley and Al Roker both admit they shit they pants when they tried to fart?

Ewww! I remember Al Roker talking about it, but when did Noah talk about shitting his pants?

by Anonymousreply 2505/01/2013

I bet he is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2605/01/2013

I can achieve that same look with a receptive abdominal cavity, duct tape and an eyelash curler.

by Anonymousreply 2705/01/2013

[quote] Ummm, why didn't they just flush it down the toilet??? HELLO??? do they really need a WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY??

I'm guessing this is the reason:

[quote] Schain told the paper, saying DEEP authorities were called in to assess what he described as a home "in a state of disrepair."

Perhaps part of the disrepair is non-functioning plumbing?

by Anonymousreply 2805/01/2013

This is why I roll my eyes when the Nutmeggers talk about the "quality of life" in Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 2905/01/2013

When my parents died and my partner and I got into the house to clean the mess up, we found that my insane, alcoholic 42-year-old brother was keeping his urine in vodka and beer bottles. And without lids on many and with no AC or heat, it was a huge mess.

We also found shit in paper bags. All this in his suite on the third floor. Christ. I still want to beat him over the head with one of those bottles.

by Anonymousreply 3005/01/2013

Makes me want to go take a piss.

by Anonymousreply 3105/02/2013

It was probably one of the piss sluts that inhabits DL.

by Anonymousreply 3205/02/2013

He's number one!

by Anonymousreply 3305/04/2013

I'll betcha his plumbing was not functioning. And that has nothing to do with money.

When I first became a recluse and was in serious mental condition, all 3 of my toilets failed, one at a time. I did not however save anything. Due to my PTSD and anxiety, I could not bear the thought of someone entering my house to fix them. So I peed in a chamber pot, poured it down the outdoor drain at night when the neighbors were asleep, and I pooed on dual sheets of heavy duty foil. Believe it or not, when parceled tightly into a small package it was impossible to smell. I took said parcels to the nearby grocery store giant dumpster every night.

My guess is that this guy had more bottles than imagination.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.