Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's Tuesday night and I've got a red wine buzz

My soul-crushing job is beating me down.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013

How is it crushing and how is it beating?

by Anonymousreply 105/01/2013

I've for my vodka buzz for the same reasons.

by Anonymousreply 205/01/2013

SHUT THE FUCK UP. At least you have a job, jizzbag.

by Anonymousreply 405/01/2013

R4 That's what I was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 505/01/2013

R2, pretty soon that after-work vodka buzz will become a during-work vodka buzz (which is both kind of hilarious and sad).

by Anonymousreply 605/01/2013

[quote]SHUT THE FUCK UP. At least you have a job, jizzbag.

Everyone understands that response, but, on the other hand, should no one want better for themselves? Should everyone just be complacent and happy just because they "have a job? Having a job means that you have no right to criticize that job or otherwise have negative feelings towards it?

Most people understand that, yes, given the horrible economy, given the incredibly difficult situations that the unemployed are in, they should thankful to have a job. But, given that, how is it some sin to have legitimate complaints about a particular job?

You're taking it way too personally and making it about you when it isn't.

I

by Anonymousreply 705/01/2013

I have a margarita and vodka buzz and now I'm mellowing out with some corona light.

by Anonymousreply 805/01/2013

Yeah, can this whole "you should be grateful to just have a job!!" attitude DIE already?

That is exactly the type of attitude that corporations want bosses and management to remind their employees. They want people to believe that despite being overworked, over-extended, underpaid, and under-appreciated in hostile, stressful work environments, that they should just shut up and grin and bear it because "at least they have a job."

Make no mistake, this recession has worked beautifully for corporations and big business. Maybe never before have they had such free whim to be such abusive assholes to an over-qualified workforce.

by Anonymousreply 905/01/2013

The OP is like saying "this labor camp in Nazi Germany in the hot sun is beating me down."

Meanwhile, I am in the ovens you fucking bitch!

"ya but dont I have a right to better myself, its not about you."

by Anonymousreply 1005/01/2013

Now it's Wednesday night and I've got another buzz.

by Anonymousreply 1105/01/2013

Thursday night. Buzzed on white wine! Ran out of red last night.

by Anonymousreply 1205/02/2013

I'm drinking Ripple

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2013

Does white wine get you drunker than red? God damn I have a serious buzz of this white, happened so fast

by Anonymousreply 1405/03/2013

Had a nice glass of wine (ok, plus an Ativan) while on the treadmill tonight. Just walking. Thought it wouldn't be safe to run, plus, who am I kidding? I'm not going to run. 4 miles walking is better than sitting on the couch for wine time.

by Anonymousreply 1505/03/2013

I never drink red wine anymore. If I do, I always end up crapping myself in my boyfriends bed.

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2013

R9 I agree.

I was out of work for 2 years before I got my current job last March.

I loved the job from March until October. In October we had the first layoff and I was given the work that 2 other people did. I then was put in charge of developing a new service the idiots I work for started selling before they had any idea how it was going to work. All of that should have been another person's job.

We had another round of layoffs and I got another person's work. So now I'm expected to do the work of 5 people. I can't fucking do it. I'm stressed out beyond belief. Like the OP, I've started drinking when I come home from work.

If I hadn't wiped out my savings when I was out of work, I'd walk. Every morning when I get up I contemplate not getting out of bed.

All of is this is for a shit job paying $14 an hour that should pay at least twice that. We get 3 holidays a year and 5 paid days off. A few years ago I would have laughed in their faces, but when you're desperate, you make bad choices.

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2013

Hey Bippy, don't you do this EVERY Tuesday night?

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2013

Friday night, and a fresh supply of red! Every night this week....this is a personal best for me.

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2013

Friday night, and I've got a bourbon buzz going on. Time to clean house.

I can't seem to run the vacuum without a little buzz going.

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.