Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver

I finally got to see them as they are playing on HBO. I forgot Winona Ryder was in the 4th installment.

by Anonymousreply 10601/06/2015

I fucking love the 'Alien' series, and Sigourney is a goddess. I didn't even mind the Winona Ryder one, or the crossover ones with the Predators. I was disappointed by 'Prometheus' though.

by Anonymousreply 104/29/2013

The one where the Alien meets Abbott and Costello drags a bit in the first half hour.

by Anonymousreply 204/29/2013

The third installment was kind of a dud, but overall the series is brilliant. The second film, "Aliens" is one of the top sequels of all time.

I love the way Ripley ages over the span of four films, and gets more nuanced. Odd that the series will probably stand as the most recognized film achievement of such a fine actress.

by Anonymousreply 304/29/2013

Alien Resurrection doesn't exist. Some would argue that Alien 3 doesn't exist either, but at least that film adds closure to the series and her character. Aside from a few questionable character moments, I thought Prometheus was miles above Alien 4.

by Anonymousreply 404/29/2013

Aliens the 2nd movie definitely had me on the edge of my seat, it was a great thriller. The best cast was in the first movie though.

by Anonymousreply 504/29/2013

Alien *****

Aliens *****

Alien3 ***

Alien Resurrection *

Alien vs. Predator movies *

Prometheus **

Sigourney Weaver ***** (love her)

by Anonymousreply 604/29/2013

I first saw "Alien" at the theater in the summer of 1979 (4 times). It was my favorite movie of all-time. I purchased the VHS tape of it the next year in 1980 (I spent $65.00 for it). I watched it over and over again. There was talk of a sequel for years and I dreaded it. How could it ever live up to "Alien"?

In July of 1986, "Aliens" was released. I really expected it to be a turd, but the early reviews were good, so I shuffled off to see it. I was floored. I loved it every bit as much as the first. While the end credits were rolling, I went back out to the lobby, bought another ticket and some more popcorn and watched it again. When the VHS tape was released in early 1987, I bought it and played it to death.

Alien3 (1992) was a bit of a disappointment, but I still liked it. Sigourney just rocks. The rest of the films were a disappointment for me.

by Anonymousreply 704/29/2013

I thought Resurrection was an improvement on the third installment, but still pretty weak.

by Anonymousreply 804/29/2013

I love the Alien movies and I love Sigourney Weaver. She is so friggin' awesome. She has made so many great movies: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Ghostbusters, Avatar, Paul, Dave, Galaxy Quest, Copycat, Gorillas In The Mist, Eyewitness, Working Girl, Jeffrey, The Ice Storm, Wall-E, Prayers For Bobby, The Year Of Living Dangerously, and more. That's a helluva legacy. She should be proud.

Note: Alien and Aliens are both in my top ten movies ever made. I still watch them religiously.

by Anonymousreply 904/29/2013

R9 I never heard of any of those movies. Maybe they were before my time (I'm 20). I only saw Alien vs. Predator and it sucked so I prolly wouldn't like those other ones.

by Anonymousreply 1004/29/2013

I remember going to see the first Alien with some buddies when it came out. I had not heard of it and went without having seen the advertising. I thought it was going to be good natured sci-fi, like Star Wars, Close Encounters or Logan's Run. Holy shit! It scared the living crap out of me.

I had no idea it was going to be a horror movie. LOL. I loved it and saw it several times. The first sequel was every bit as good (maybe even better), but the rest were bad.

by Anonymousreply 1104/29/2013

I love all the alien movies except for the third. The first and second were the best, but the fourth was written by Joss Whedon, and has his trademark humor in many places.

by Anonymousreply 1204/29/2013

I remember the reviews being mixed for Aliens, like in today's terms it would've gotten a borderline fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes or just below that. At least one, if not both Siskel & Ebert disliked it. They were wrong, I knew a sci-fi/horror movie was going to be underrated by the critics. It probably has a better critical reputation now, deservedly. Not that I think it's brilliant, but it's definitely good.

by Anonymousreply 1304/29/2013

Sigourney is the only woman I would ever consider having physical relations with. She is too cool for words. She seems like she would be awesome in person (I hope so. I would hate to find out she's a witch).

by Anonymousreply 1404/29/2013

[quote]Sigourney is the only woman I would ever consider having physical relations with.

Me too. Well, I have always kinda had a crush on Jodie Foster also, but she seems a bit nutty sometimes. Sigourney is just too damn sexy and cool.

by Anonymousreply 1504/29/2013

[quote]but the fourth was written by Joss Whedon

I had no idea. I really really disliked the 4th one.

by Anonymousreply 1604/29/2013

R14 I have always heard that she's crazy cool in person. She probably has her bad days too, but I hear she's friendly and down-to-earth. She loves us gay boys too. I give her kudos for making gay-themed movies like 'Jeffrey' and 'Prayers for Bobby' (her performance KILLED in that movie). She loves us gays and we love the hell outta her too.

by Anonymousreply 1704/29/2013

I think I am in the minority when it comes to "Aliens"...I enjoy it, but I don't think it's as superior as "Alien". But all of them have different directorial viewpoints and thats what makes them durable pieces of pop entertainment. Even Alien 4 has plenty of giddy moments despite the atrocious Winona Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 1804/29/2013

I love the part where Winona pops out of her chest.

by Anonymousreply 1904/29/2013

Ripley: Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

[to Jonesy the cat]

Ripley: Come on, cat.

by Anonymousreply 2004/29/2013

#4 made my skin crawl but I liked it. I love the entire original series, but I agree #3 was the weakest. Once they started the Alien vs. Predator franchise bullshit, I stopped watching.

That's what Ridley forgot. His first Alien movies were classics of the genre. But once things got out of hand with all the rest of that garbage, Prometheus needed to be awesome to recover his credibility.

Prometheus was visually stunning, and it posited some interesting questions, but over all it was much less than it appeared to be. It was a mess, IMO. Visually gorgeous, but terribly written.

by Anonymousreply 2104/29/2013

Ridley didn't do the Alien vs Predator stuff, did he?

by Anonymousreply 2304/29/2013

[quote]Aside from a few questionable character moments, I thought Prometheus was miles above Alien 4.

Not by ANY standard I can imagine.

I would re-watch Alien 4 a thousand times before I would watch that shit-pile of insultingly bad crap known as "Prometheus" even one more time.

by Anonymousreply 2404/29/2013

Likewise, R24. Alien 4 is the lesser of the movies, but has great moments.

And Alien 3 had the perfect ending.

by Anonymousreply 2504/29/2013

Everyone slags on Alien 3, but I've always kinda liked it. The thing I appreciate about it is how it's completely different from all the others (in fact, every Alien movie is completely different... almost different genres). It's so dark. And very creepy.

I can see if you're going in expecting another "Aliens", you'd be sorely disappointed. But I think it's pretty good when taken for exactly what it is. Not the best of the series by any shot, but still interesting.

Ditto with Alien 4. Very different. It adds a lot to the world/universe of Alien. And it's easily the funniest of the four.

I prefer to pretend that "Prometheus" doesn't exist. I wish all copies would be burned and it would never be shown again, ever, and its entire history existence, including any mentions of it, erased from all of history.

It's the only way to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 2604/29/2013

I don't count the Alien vs. Predator films at all. They cannot even come close to the visual level of the Alien series.

by Anonymousreply 2704/29/2013

[quote]Ridley didn't do the Alien vs Predator stuff, did he?

No. Ridley Scott has only been director of the bookend projects - Alien and Prometheus. He had nothing to do with any of the movies between those two.

by Anonymousreply 2804/29/2013

Alien 3 is a great film - dark, existential, and utterly hopeless. The "alien" has consumed every aspect of Ripley's life. The two are so intertwined, so symbiotic, that the only logical conclusion is for Ripley to destroy herself. It's haunting how her final moment of life is spent with the very thing that has tried to destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 2904/29/2013

I liked "Alien 3" and it had a great ending, but the ending would have had far more impact if "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" had not used the exact ending less than a year earlier.

by Anonymousreply 3204/30/2013

R23 Ridley Scott only did the first "Alien." James Cameron did the second. David Fincher did the third. The only other "Alien" related film that Ridley did was "Prometheus."

by Anonymousreply 3304/30/2013

I think the first film is far and away the best. "Aliens" is enjoyable but feels very 80s and dated whereas the original feels more timeless.

by Anonymousreply 3404/30/2013

R34 My thoughts exactly. The 1979 original movie looks and feels like it was made yesterday. The 1986 film actually looks decades older (though it is a great film too).

On an aside, I think the entire cast of the first movie was awesome and perfect. Especially Sigourney and Veronica Cartwright. The male actors were awesome, but those two ladies slammed the ball out of the stadium with their performances.

by Anonymousreply 3504/30/2013

The computer screens in the first one really date it though, although that's just a minor aspect of the movie. PC's were new at the time and they did the best they could, but the graphics make it look like Mother was an Atari 2600.

by Anonymousreply 3604/30/2013

I agree, R34. "Alien" is a wonderful movie. It hasn't aged a bit. The casting is absolutely perfect (Stanton and Kotto!!) and the writing is excellent. It transcends the scifi/horror genre. It's just a fine fuckin' movie.

"Aliens," on the other hand, was a good scifi flick but nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 3704/30/2013

Which one did Sigourney say: "Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman - Coco Chanel!"

by Anonymousreply 3804/30/2013

Those of you saying the original isn't dated are delusional. The effects are pretty horrible, and the computer screens (as already mentioned) just scream late 70s, early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 3904/30/2013

I think the first and second Alien movies eat shit. They are terrible and slow and boring. The focus too much on conversations between the actors. Talk, Talk, Talk. The third and fourth are way more intelligent and entertaining. Even the Alien vs. Predator movies (especially the first one) are fucking awesome and have way more action.

by Anonymousreply 4005/01/2013

R40 I kind of agree with you. Old movies (made before 2000 or so) are too talky. I need action and lots of it. People slag Michael Bay but at least his movies have ACTION and are much more intelligent than people realize. Old movies suck.

by Anonymousreply 4105/01/2013

[quote]Those of you saying the original isn't dated are delusional. The effects are pretty horrible, and the computer screens (as already mentioned) just scream late 70s, early 80s.

R39 is 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4205/01/2013

r41, The Island is classic sci-fi, and I love the mindless car chase scenes because Bay's a master at them and the effects are incredible. Great movie.

by Anonymousreply 4305/01/2013

More specifically, R42, they're 12 years old...forever.

by Anonymousreply 4405/01/2013

The Transformers movies OWN that boring and talky Alien shit. Old movies do suck.

by Anonymousreply 4505/01/2013

If you don't like Alien3, you owe it to yourself to get the DVD that includes the film, plus the material that was cut by the studio and listen to the commentary. The original film is MUCH better than the theatrical release, although still inferior to the first two.

by Anonymousreply 4605/01/2013

sigourney and i have a mutual friend. i've met her several times. she's lovely in person. so down to earth, friendly and really funny. and interested in you, not just in herself. and she's really beautiful. no work done.

by Anonymousreply 4705/01/2013

R45 Talk is important for character development. Without character development a movie is just a video game. Worse, it's a video game where you are not the one playing, but looking over your friend's shoulder while they play. THAT is boring.

by Anonymousreply 4805/01/2013

Alien (1979) - a masterpiece

Aliens (1986) - great sequel

Alien 3 (1991) - Underrated followup, well worth seeing

Alien Resurrction -- Awful, not worthy of the franchise

Prometheus - disappointing, unnecessary, but impressively produced "prequel" with some good moments

by Anonymousreply 4905/01/2013

It feels like the movies have been disrespected. Prometheus was such garbage, so badly written. Damon Lindelhoff has to have industry connections big time - the logic and writing are THAT poor. Lost was such bullshit too. Bait and switch storytelling with no depth. Could they reboot Alien with Sigourney AGAIN and make A3 a dream, A4 an offshoot involving a clone of Ripley? I'd like to see one last movie to wrap it up. Desperate but true. Kickstarter that shit!

by Anonymousreply 5005/01/2013

I still want to see Prometheus if only for Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 5105/01/2013

R48 Agreed! That is what is wrong with Michael Bay's movies. He knows how to blow things up (and does it quite impressively), but when a character dies, do you care? They are just a game pawn. In those Transformers movies, would you have cared if a Decepticon stepped on/rolled over Shia and squashed him like a bug? (Actually, I was kind of hoping for that) Give me some talk and character development so I can at least give a shit when they are killed. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 5205/01/2013

Started re-watching the series yesterday, thanks to you guys. Hadn't seen the original in forever, and was pleasantly surprised at how well it held up. Tonight I'm watching "Aliens", which I remember having a blast at the first time around.

Never saw the other two, and am kinda dreading "Prometheus" - I hope it doesn't wash away all the goodwill I have for the first two in the series.

by Anonymousreply 5305/01/2013

I loved the first Alien movie so much that I was dreading a sequel. How could it live up? Finally seven years later we got one. Honestly, I only went to see the second one because I had a major boner for Michael Biehn at the time. I fell in love with "Aliens" and those first two movies will remain in my personal top ten movies of all-time forever.

I remember that summer of 1986 when Aliens came out. I was in the Navy and my buddy was a total Top Gun fanatic. We used to debate over which was the best movie of the two. I think time has shown Aliens the victor. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 5405/01/2013

R54, Shane, I agree. "Aliens" definitely topped "Top Gun." I loved both movies, but I'm with you. "Aliens" ruled that summer. Those were the days when I would go see movies twice a week. So many great titles. That summer of 1986 alone, I remember seeing "Aliens", "Top Gun", "Ruthless People", "Big Trouble in Little China" (still a favorite), "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Back to School", "The Fly", "Manhunter", so many classics. I'm sure there are a lot of good ones I saw then that have slipped my mind. "Aliens" is awesome and almost the equal of the original.

by Anonymousreply 5505/01/2013

The night I went to see the first "Alien" back in May of 1979, I was 16 and on a date at the Drive-In with the hottest guy in high school. We started the movie torridly making out and around 20 minutes into it we stopped and watched the movie and we were riveted throughout. Afterward, we drove to a secluded spot and fucked each other's brains out. That's the sign of a great movie, you stop making out to watch it. LOL.

We went back to the Drive-In the next night and watched it all from start to finish. Then went back to our secluded spot...

by Anonymousreply 5605/01/2013

I was a huge fan of the first two movies. I went to see Alien3 the night it opened in 1992 with a couple of friends. I hated it. I had already promised to see it the next night with another friend. I dreaded sitting through it again. I liked it the second time. It was nowhere near as good as 1 & 2, but, for some reason, it clicked with me the second time. Now I can watch it, no problem. It has some very good scenes. Alien Resurrection also has some good parts, but it is a much weaker movie, over all.

by Anonymousreply 5705/01/2013

Alien (1979) *****

Aliens (1986) *****

Alien 3 (1992) ****

Alien Resurrection (1997) **

The rest do not exist. I wish they would make one more with Sigourney. She still looks great and could definitely handle the part.

by Anonymousreply 5805/02/2013

I am pretty young (18). I saw 'Alien vs. Predator' a long time ago and I thought it was okay. Are the older ones really worth checking out? They seem intriguing. I liked Sigourney Weaver in 'Ghostbusters', 'Galaxy Quest' and 'Paul.' I'm trying to picture her as an action hero. I'm so curious now that I am definitely going to check them out.

by Anonymousreply 5905/02/2013

"Aliens" is my favorite of the franchise, it was both a horror film and an epic action/adventure film. Sigourney really came into her own as Ripley too. I liked seeing her progression into this warrior woman. My favorite moment was at the end when she's battling the Queen and she goes "Get away from her, you BITCH!" Classic! lol

My all-time favorite Sigourney character however was her star turn as Katherine Parker in "Working Girl".

by Anonymousreply 6005/02/2013

I will forever love Alien vs. Predator because it had the best tagline- No matter who wins, we lose

by Anonymousreply 6105/02/2013

"Alien" and "Aliens" are my two favorite movies of all time. I love them both equally and their position as my #1 movie varies with my mood. Great entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 6205/02/2013

I am 100% gay but I think Sigourney Weaver is very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 6305/02/2013

I was obsessed with "Aliens" as a child. Ripley and Vasquez were so tough and independent. Ripley was originally a male character. It seems like they didn't take the time to add in all the shitty qualities that are automatically assigned to most female characters in movies.

by Anonymousreply 6405/02/2013

I enjoyed ALIENS a lot, but the Bill Paxton character is a constant irritant. I mute the sound whenever he comes on with that whining. Veronica Cartright played that type of character much better in ALIEN.

by Anonymousreply 6505/02/2013

Oh, I liked Paxton/Frost's reply when the sergeant orders them to collect magazines when they realize they're about to start a firefight around a nuclear reactor: What the hell are we supposed to use man? Harsh language?

by Anonymousreply 6605/02/2013

One thing I was never clear on was whether the marines had dealt with other aliens. They seem skeptical of ripley, but at the same time refer to thugs like "a standard bug hunt". I mean, why even have space marines if the general public doesn't know of an alien threat?

I've also never been clear of the timeline ie - how log she was in cryosleep between each movie.

by Anonymousreply 6705/02/2013

It was about sixty years between Alien and Aliens. I think Paul Reiser says that to her. I'm not sure about the gap between Aliens and Alien3.

by Anonymousreply 6805/02/2013

Aiens to Alien3 is just a few days.

by Anonymousreply 6905/02/2013

[quote]I enjoyed ALIENS a lot, but the Bill Paxton character is a constant irritant.

He was awesome, and had the most quotable lines in the entire movie.

by Anonymousreply 7005/02/2013

Just watched Aliens (1986) again and it's a very fun ride. Holds up very well, as does Alien (1979). Paxton's freakouts and snide comments are a highlight. But it's the visceral excitement this movie generates that really does if for me. Also, there are a few hot guys in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 7105/10/2013

The first and second movies were epic. My partner and I are on a tight budget and we stayed in tonight and watched "Alien" and "Aliens." I had not seen either since the '80s and damn, those two movies hold up very well. If I didn't know they were made in 1979 and 1986, I would never have thought they were that old. Both were exceptionally well made and acted. Ridley Scott did an amazing job directing the first, and the second movie was James Cameron's best work. Not to mention how much I love Sigourney in both. She rocks.

by Anonymousreply 7210/12/2013

I love them all

by Anonymousreply 7310/12/2013

I just watched the first Alien movie a few nights ago... it does hold up quite well.

by Anonymousreply 7410/12/2013

I would give up men in a heartbeat if only Sigourney would be mine. Just kidding, but I do love her dearly. Alien was awesome. Aliens was almost as awesome. Alien3 was okay. The rest were awful (including Prometheus from last year).

by Anonymousreply 7510/14/2013

Did Sigourney tell Wynona to stop being such a cunt or she'd lose her fans?

by Anonymousreply 7610/14/2013

R66, Frost was actually played by the very hot Ricco Ross. Wish Frost had stayed around a little longer!

by Anonymousreply 7710/14/2013

As opposed to the Alien movies with Sally Field?

by Anonymousreply 7810/14/2013

[quote]Odd that the series will probably stand as the most recognized film achievement of such a fine actress.

I don't understand this statement. We may never have found out what a great actress she is had she not hit it big with her performance in Alien. Its like saying if only Diane Keaton hadn't been so weighed down by Annie Hall. The first two are great films, she's great in them and she redefined what characters were possible for women to play in cinema.

by Anonymousreply 7910/14/2013

First movie is the best. Anyone else sense a slightly gay undercurrent in the harry Dean/Yaphet relationship? On the "Alien" DVD extras, Harry dean calls for Yaphet's character in a deleted scene when the alien attacks him by squashing his head in.

by Anonymousreply 8010/14/2013

I agree, R-80. As much as I love "Aliens" (1986), the first one, "Alien" (1979), will always be my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 8110/14/2013

Sigourney (Susan) Weaver was at NY Comic Con this weekend and charged $185 for an autograph and another $200 if you wanted a picture with her. But it was a bargain, Stallone charged $395 for an autograph and $445 for a photo.

by Anonymousreply 8210/14/2013

Anyone who goes to a comic con should decide who they want an autograph from and to bring about 600 bucks worth of cash if possible. You will need a lot of cash for comics, souvenirs etc as well as the autographs. Food in these places is usually overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 8310/14/2013

r64 James Cameron wrote Aliens. He always writes outstanding female characters, so Ripley is not an anomaly in the context of his oeurve.

by Anonymousreply 8410/14/2013

Sally Field auditioned for the role of the alien.

by Anonymousreply 8510/14/2013

I enjoyed the Weaver/Ryder interaction in Alien Resurrection.

by Anonymousreply 8610/14/2013

R80. "Anyone else sense a slightly gay undercurrent in the harry Dean/Yaphet relationship?"

I'm surprised your arm didn't get pulled out of it's socket with THAT reach!

by Anonymousreply 8710/14/2013

Susan is a fantastic actress and deserves all the accolades that are so generously offered with regard to her body of work.

by Anonymousreply 8810/14/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8910/14/2013

I never watched Alien VS Predator, because I can't stand Sylvester Stallone.

by Anonymousreply 9010/14/2013

Prometheus was not boring, WTF? It was an artistic achievement with a very good message. The symbolism was everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 9110/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 9210/14/2013

R91 is an idiot. Prometheus was awful. Horrible. Insultingly bad. It made me want to punch myself in the face just to make it stop.

There was no 'message', just a 'mess'.

The 'symbolism' was trite, clichéd, strained, forced, silly, ridiculous, and ultimately meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 9310/14/2013

It was a snooze, r91.

by Anonymousreply 9410/14/2013

r64 Actually, now that I'm thinking about Aliens... Cameron has used the woman who plays Vasquez twice. She also plays the Irish mother who puts her kids to bed while Titanic is sinking.

by Anonymousreply 9510/14/2013

Oh, I'm an idiot for a difference of opinion? Prometheus was brilliant, so get off your high horse, and do punch yourself in the face for being stupid!

by Anonymousreply 9610/14/2013

R95, three times. She was Edward Furlong's step-mother in Terminator 2.

by Anonymousreply 9710/14/2013

R97 here. I realized just as I submitted that she was his "foster mother" not "Step-mother". Oops, my bad!

by Anonymousreply 9810/14/2013

The "Aliens" Director's Cut (which itself was released to theaters just shortly before Alien 3 came out) IS FREAKING AMAZING!!! It is one of the only "Director's Cuts" that is actually BETTER than the "Theatrical Cut."

The "Director's Cut" of "Aliens" was the original version before 20th Century Fox made Cameron trim the movie down to less than 2 hours. I never would have dreamed that the "Theatrical Cut" could have been improved on, but damn, it was.

by Anonymousreply 9910/14/2013

There was nothing "Brilliant" about Prometheus. It was a pile of steaming shit. With some pretty effects here and there. But the script, the plot, the acting... all shit. It was an embarrassment for all involved.

I got my money back, but I'll never get those two hours back.

by Anonymousreply 10010/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 10110/15/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 10204/23/2014

R95: I thought I was the only person ever, to have realized that was the same actress!

I thought Aliens was better than Alien. Mostly because Michael Biehn was in it...

by Anonymousreply 10304/23/2014

Agreed. Loved Aliens because of Michael Biehn. He's sexy and I don't understand but what do him in a heartbeep.

by Anonymousreply 10404/23/2014

I think this would have been cool, but with a director who has some talent in character development:

Neill Blomkamp, the South African director behind the sci-fi films District 9 and Elysium, has released the concept art from an intended Alien sequel titled Alien: Xenomorph, alongside a post reading: “Was working on this. Don’t think I am anymore. Love it though.”

Blomkamp, who posted the images on his Instagram and Twitter accounts, made it clear that the project was not officially sanctioned by 20th Century Fox, which controls the rights to make any Alien sequels. But, while it's unlikely that Alien: Xenomorph will ever hit cinema screens, the artwork itself remains intriguing for fans of the space franchise.

Blomkamp's artwork includes images of Sigourney Weaver's Ripley in a suit resembling a Xenomorph. The term "Xenomorph" refers to the Alien, the deadly extraterrestrial creature first seen in Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien, the film which kicked off the franchise. The director also shared images of Weaver and Dwayne Hicks (a character first seen in James Cameron's 1986 Aliens, played by Michael Biehn), a Xenomorph, and various spacecraft and buildings.

by Anonymousreply 10501/06/2015

Fun Sigourney!

by Anonymousreply 10601/06/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!