Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GAME OF THRONES, 4/28/13,

Ygritte and Jon squabble (as usual).

The Hound and Beric Dondarrion engage in trial by combat.

And a very unlikely marriage is arranged between two major houses.

by Anonymousreply 13304/28/2014

Hot boys never are, r8.

by Anonymousreply 904/29/2013

The Jaime Lannister monologue about killing the last Targaryen king showed what a good actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is, but it kind of shopped the episode dead.

by Anonymousreply 1004/29/2013

Agree @10. That monologue was way too long.

by Anonymousreply 1104/29/2013

The actor who plays Littlefinger couldn't have a raspier voice if he were the love child of Demi Moore and Brenda Vaccarro.

by Anonymousreply 1204/29/2013

Why can't Cersei and Tyrion just say no to their father about marrying these people they don't want to marry? As her queen regent, Cersei shouldn't have to do as her father commands.

by Anonymousreply 1304/29/2013

Because r13, he's Tywin Lannister. He's their father and he has the balls to make them obey. It is what it is. I think Tywin's one of the worse fathers in literature/TV history but that last scene was hysterical. Cersei's face cracked worse than Stannis' daughter. LOL!!!

To each their own r10. It didn't stop the episode for me at all. It was just as riveting as most of the superbly written and acted two person scenes that are becoming a staple of GoT. I appreciate anytime Benioff and Weiss can have a character give a backstory monologue on past events. It adds greatly to the characters' lives and overall current story situations.

by Anonymousreply 1404/29/2013

I await the screen caps of the full frontal gay male scene... though it's annoying one of them was wearing pants.

That was nice though.

Littlefinger is sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 1504/29/2013

Stannis' daughter suffers from Greyscale, a leprosy-like disease in the world of Game of Thrones. You get infected by contact with someone else infected. The skin around the point of infection hardens and becomes stonelike, and spreads. Death is slow and takes many years, and the infected are highly visible and stigmatized. Imagine a form of AIDS that could be spread by touching and that you could not hide with makeup or clothes, and you have Greyscale. It is the ultimate stigma in the world of the show. I admit i got choked up seeing how lovely Stannis was with his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1604/29/2013

Stannis' wife is BEYOND. A room full of dead babies? WTF???? I feel really bad for his daughter. Even though she has that disease, she oddly seems like the most normal one in that castle.

I actually felt bad for Cersei when her father tried to barter her off as if she were chattel. I mean, I guess that's par for the course in this world but still. I guess even though she's the Queen Regent, Tywin is the true de facto King of Westeros and everyone must obey.

I thought the bath scene between Jaime and Brienne was done perfectly. It didn't feel too long at all. It greatly helped to establish his character to the audience.

I LOVED that Littlefinger sent a male whore to gather intel on House Tyrell! Well, played Littlefinger. Well played.

I also loved how creepy the scene between Littlefinger and Sansa was. "Petyr..." Skeevy! He is totally perving on that girl.

by Anonymousreply 1704/29/2013

r17, considering how Queen Cunt Cersei was gloating over Tyrion's impending marriage to Sansa, and considering all the other crappy stuff she's done since the show began, I don't feel sorry for her ONE BIT. It's called karma and I hope it's just the beginning. I thought that last scene was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1804/29/2013

Why were the two kittke boys killed? Who were they?

by Anonymousreply 1904/29/2013

I don't know why Cercei and Tyrion are being so sulky. Both got a better deal than they could ever hope for without such coercion. Both their betrothed are young, beautiful and genuinely nice. It's their intended spouses who should be all sad faced.

Love how Olenna owned Tyrion. She is magnificent. Would like to see her spar with Tywin. Also, I would like to see how Tywin would handle the crafty Margaery.

Interesting scene between Jaime and Brienne. Will she swear an oath to him now? Or is she still sworn the the widow Stark?

Hot sex/nude scenes-- Loris and the rentboy as well as Jon Snow and Ygritte

Lots to love about this episode. I need to watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 2004/29/2013

Cersei may be queen regent, but her father essentially holds all of the cards as far as the military goes. She has to do as she's told.

by Anonymousreply 2104/29/2013

Jamies monologue didnt ring true. He has been a vain, scheming, self-centered bastard since the first episode, and suddenly were supposed to think that he is carrying this secret that would have made him a hero instead of the most hated man in the kingdom?

by Anonymousreply 2204/29/2013

Agree, R22. Are we supposed to just forget that he pushed a little boy out of a window to what he expected would be his death? Also, does Brienne know that he tried to kill Cate Stark's son?

by Anonymousreply 2304/29/2013

I agree with R22 & 23. And I also felt the monologue was too long and at times I found him hard to understand.

[quote]I admit i got choked up seeing how lovely Stannis was with his daughter.

I thought he was distant and cold.

I am loving Charles Dance as Tywin! I am old enough to remember when he was considered a bit of a heartthrob in the 80's.

This is not a spoiler since I don't know anything about what's to come, but I have a bad feeling about Ygritte. Happy couples don't last in this show. I hope she doesn't get killed off.

by Anonymousreply 2404/29/2013

I'm sorry to repeat myself but why did the two little boys get killed and who were they?

by Anonymousreply 2504/29/2013

The two little boys who were killed were Lannisters, cousins of Jaime, Tyrion and Cersei. They were acting as squires for Lannister knights in the army that Robb defeated previously in the war, and were being held as hostages.

Rickard Karstark killed them because of his outrage over Jaime Lannister, who killed his son and heir last season while trying to escape fro prison. He was furious Robb (his liege) did not kill Jaime and that Caitlyn freed Jaime so that Brienne might bring him back to King's Landing in hopes of getting her daughters back (the Starks think Arya is also being held by the Lannisters). He took revenge against the boys out of sheer frustration.

by Anonymousreply 2604/29/2013

The two Lannister boys, who were being held hostage by Robb, were killed in an act of vengeance by the crazed Rickard Karstark, whom Robb then beheads for his general repulsiveness. Robb does the beheading himself, like his father did to a Black Watch deserter in the very first episode of the first season.

Martyn Lannister, one of the two boys, was briefly introduced last week -- a sweet kid.

SPOILER: Karstark's execution leads to the withdrawal of the Karstark soldiers, which in turn, as time will show, leads to a fatal weakening of Robb's forces and his ultimate downfall.

by Anonymousreply 2704/29/2013

No one wants your spoiler here, r27. Post it on the spoiler thread.

by Anonymousreply 2804/29/2013

He warned us. Probablly won't happen for years...

by Anonymousreply 2904/29/2013

[quote]Jamies monologue didnt ring true. He has been a vain, scheming, self-centered bastard since the first episode, and suddenly were supposed to think that he is carrying this secret that would have made him a hero instead of the most hated man in the kingdom?

The whole Kingslayer thing is part of why he's such an asshole.

However, I think Martin changed gears with this character and hoed people would write off his attempt to kill Bran as a desperate move.

by Anonymousreply 3004/29/2013

Real characters are not all good or all evil.

by Anonymousreply 3104/29/2013

How amazing is Maisie Williams? Her "Burn in hell!" to the Hound was the highlight of the episode for me. That kid's got balls.

by Anonymousreply 3204/29/2013

Meh, R32. I don't understand her venom for The Hound. He was just carrying out orders when he killed her little friend. She should save her bile for Joffrey.

by Anonymousreply 3304/29/2013

She's a kid. It's too fine a distinction for her.

by Anonymousreply 3404/29/2013

Who picks the songs for the end credits of Game of Thrones because no.

by Anonymousreply 3504/29/2013

That Jamie monologue has got to be one of the longest tv monologues ever!

Jon being a virgin and the first thing he does is go down on Ygritte. I just kept on thinking that she's a wilding, probably been awhile since a bath, so her bush is probably full of twigs and brambles, and I can't even imagine the stench, but he went for it!! Jon's a trooper.

by Anonymousreply 3604/29/2013

[quote]I don't understand her venom for The Hound. He was just carrying out orders when he killed her little friend. She should save her bile for Joffrey.

He was on her "list", right? The list of people she held responsible for her father's death. Having the Hound killed for the death of the butcher's boy was like Ness putting Capone into prison on tax charges.

by Anonymousreply 3704/29/2013

I can't remember if he was on her list or not, but if he was it would have been for killing her friend, not because he had any part in killing her father.

The idea that the Hound is somehow excused from killing the butcher's son because he was following orders (in this case they were actually Cersei's, I think, rather than Joffrey's) does not hold any more for the Hound than it did for Adolf Eichmann.

by Anonymousreply 3804/29/2013

[quote]so her bush is probably full of twigs and brambles, and I can't even imagine the stench, but he went for it!! Jon's a trooper.

Haha, I thought the same thing. They were in that hot spring cave. The least they could do is jump in the water and scrub up a little before they started sexing.

by Anonymousreply 3904/29/2013

We've yet to see Tywin actually try to reign Joffrey in, right? That's what I'm looking forward to...

by Anonymousreply 4004/29/2013

I would bet we get a scene where Tywin rebukes Joffrey and reins him in. Cersei has done so (with no success--he threatened to kill her after she slapped him if she ever tried it again), but Tyrion has done so with genuine success because he's afraid of Tyrion. Since even Tyrion is afraid of Tywin, I'm sure Joffrey is terrified of his grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 4104/29/2013

If Tywin can't do it, me and my three little friends can teach that little hairless bitch a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 4204/29/2013

Haha, that would be awesome Dani @ R42. But this time we would like something a little more satisfying than a quick BBQ. It needs to be a slow torturous death with lots of whining, sniveling, begging and screaming.

by Anonymousreply 4304/29/2013

Writeup:

[bold]On Game of Thrones, some men just want to watch the world burn[/bold]

The Mad King of Westeros really, really liked wildfire. A lot. Crazy King Aerys has been dead a long time, but he still overshadows the realm — not just because those who deposed him are ruling, but also because his terrible reign raises the ultimate question: When is it okay to break your oath and turn against your ruler?

(more at the link)

by Anonymousreply 4404/29/2013

What's going to happen to Theon next week?

by Anonymousreply 4504/29/2013

More torture!

by Anonymousreply 4604/29/2013

So basically Mrs. Stannis Baratheon = Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 4704/29/2013

Agree with [R22] and [R23}...I never got Jaime's motivation for not telling the truth about the Mad King and Jaime is a character that I just don't like. But Nikolaj Coster Waldau is killing it this season. No matter how ill Jaime is, he still has to express his perceived since of superiority, "what right does a wolf have to judge a lion.." I hate the Lannisters so much. And I love to hate Lannisters. Charles Dance is perfectly hatable as Tywin. No wonder why his kids suck (Tyrion doesn't suck as much as his brother and sister).

I could be less than interested in Jon/Ygritte. Which is sad, because Jon is one of my favorites from the books and I just don't care in the show. I feel the same way about Littlefinger, I'm just not interested in him and what he does.

Loved all of the Robb Stark scenes. The Shireen and Davos scene was very touching and the young lady who plays Shireen is a really good actress. The end scene with Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion was priceless. Poor Sansa.

by Anonymousreply 4804/29/2013

My opinion is changing on the Lannisters. More and more they seem like the only group (except Danny) who has the slightest clue what they want out of all this.

In fact, the old man is quickly becoming my favorite character. He is trying to run a kingdom, and at every turn he finds himself herding cats. I can even deal with the way he handles his kids. I mean, 35 years with the drunken son and whore of a daughter is bound to give you an attitude.

by Anonymousreply 4904/29/2013

[quote]In fact, the old man is quickly becoming my favorite character. He is trying to run a kingdom, and at every turn he finds himself herding cats. I can even deal with the way he handles his kids. I mean, 35 years with the drunken son and whore of a daughter is bound to give you an attitude.

Absolutely. Tywin is just a really misunderstood sweetie of a guy. Have you heard the story about Tyrion's first wife?

by Anonymousreply 5004/29/2013

Many of the characters are monsters, truly evil. That doesn't mean they haven't "human' moments the viewer may relate to. Others become monstrous, driven to violence in order to acheive their goals.

Tywin is awful, his thirst for contro and the maintenance of his dynasty's hold on power has destroyed his children. He couldn't care less. His children want recognition even some affirmation. They are merely his pawns.

by Anonymousreply 5104/29/2013

I'm as suspicious of Jamie as R22. Especially as I seem to remember from the book/show about Ned Stark finding Jamie sitting on the Iron Throne after Lannister forces sacked Kings Landing. Which is different from how Jamie described to Brienne his first meeting with Ned that day.

There were a couple of sad and touching scenes between Arya and the Brotherhood leaders and Arya and Gendry. It would be nice if the Stark and Baratheon friendship could continue with those two.

Ser Jorah was trying to suss out whether or not Ser Barristan knows that he betrayed Dany. And a fantastic final scene, as usual with this show.

by Anonymousreply 5204/29/2013

[quote]I never got Jaime's motivation for not telling the truth about the Mad King and Jaime is a character that I just don't like.

Jamie is a man. It's better for a man to be feared for a crime than to be pitied for it. There's not a lot of understanding to go around in a world like that.

As someone who has read all the books, I won't sound off here like the All Knowing Sage, but a lot of the characters are exactly what you see. They do have more complicated plans they are holding back that drop as big twists when they are revealed. But I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Jamie is who he appears to be. He's complicated and you're supposed to like him. If Brienne likes him, why shouldn't we? But anyone who knows writing knows Jamie is being rehab'd. He lost his hand, that's a classic "you will learn to love him" kind of move.

I continue to be disappointed by Cersei's portrayal, although Margaery is bringing out the Cersei from the books a little more. The important thing about the Cersei in the books is, she appears very cold, imperious, calculating, like an arch-bitch, but once you get in her head, you realize she is stupid, shallow, VERY EMOTIONAL, and not calculating at all. She is all aggression, no long game whatsoever. She just has a lot of success being very aggressive. I think it's a really and authentic take on a character. The Cersei on the show seems a little more smart and in control. Eh.

And this isn't a spoiler, but one big theme about the books is the notion of power. What is it? It's really impossible to say who is truly in control or has power. Robert didn't have it sitting on the Iron Throne. Responsibility diminishes power. Don't think that you can tell who has it now.

by Anonymousreply 5304/30/2013

As if this show isn't enough work, I couldn't even understand what Jamie was saying.

And I think Jon should've bathed Egrit BEFORE going downtown on her.

by Anonymousreply 5404/30/2013

There is a spoiler thread where you can talk about this R55. Putting a spoiler warning at the top is nice but doesn't really hide your comment from people that don't want to be spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 5604/30/2013

Great job, r55!

by Anonymousreply 5704/30/2013

Charles Dance and Nikolas (Jamie Lannister) both have fantastic aquiline noses. I love them. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 5804/30/2013

Wow, the actor who plays Jaime, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, sure doesn't have a name that rolls off the tongue does he? Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 5904/30/2013

the actor who plays Jaime, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

naked pic

by Anonymousreply 6004/30/2013

better pics

quite young

nice balls, bush, uncut

by Anonymousreply 6104/30/2013

[quote]My opinion is changing on the Lannisters. More and more they seem like the only group (except Danny) who has the slightest clue what they want out of all this.

The Tyrells do too. They have a plan. We don't know all the details yet, apparently.

The Starks are confused and scattered, and the Greyjoys are unrealistic; the Baratheons have a weakling at their head; the Tullys are just following the Starks; the Martells (whom we have yet to see) are staying out of it.

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2013

I wonder if Game of Thrones producers think their main male characters going nude is too distracting or something.

Kit Harington mentioned he was fine with nudity but they barely showed him during his big sex scene.

The guy the blames Jaime is obviously okay with nudity but they purposely only shot him from the back.

Seems a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2013

If you want to find out what happens to the characters the rest of this season or next season or future seasons, just look their character name up on Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2013

I'm still waiting for screen caps of the naked full frontal manwhore...

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2013

I can't wait for the Martells, especially Oberyn Martell. They and their kingdom Dorne are my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2013

The only main character cock we've been privy to was Alfie Allen's who plays Theon.

Theon, Hodor, that fugly assassin that tried to kill Dany in S1 and now the rent-boy spy who bedded Loras. That's all the cock we've seen while every week there seems to be a bevy of pussies and tits for the fanboy geek contingent. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 6705/01/2013

I want Gendry to get his cock out.

by Anonymousreply 6805/01/2013

If I could have just one cock scene it would be Jon Snow. He looks like he would have a thick beer can dick. Yum!!!

by Anonymousreply 6905/01/2013

I could have done without seeing Ygritte's bony ass.

by Anonymousreply 7005/01/2013

I felt bad for Cersei at the end, god help me. Tywin is an asshole of the highest order. I hope someone slaps the shit out of him soon.

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2013

"I hope someone slaps the shit out of him soon."

It may not be soon...but shit is sort of involved....

by Anonymousreply 7205/01/2013

LOL@r72! Great point. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 7305/01/2013

R71, you really should read the books.

by Anonymousreply 7405/01/2013

People like R7 drive me crazy. I hear/read all the time people saying that they're glad they read the books because otherwise they wouldn't know what is going on. I've never read any of the books and can follow it just fine. It's a fucking soap opera on HBO, not James Joyce.

by Anonymousreply 7505/01/2013

Tywin is a misogynist pig. We've never seen him YELL like that, not even with Tyrion. He only bellowed like that because his daughter, a WOMAN, dared to object to his demands. It's like because she was a female it was extra annoying to him. I had my moments in Season Two when I sort of liked him with Arya but this season has quickly reminded me what a monster this guy is, especially to his own flesh and blood.

"Wed her, bed her and put a child in her!"

WOW. Says it all right there, folks.

by Anonymousreply 7605/01/2013

The relationship between Littlefinger and Sansa is one of the more darker, creepier aspects of the whole series, IMO, and I'm surprised that the show is really capturing the essence of that and doing it justice.

by Anonymousreply 7705/01/2013

People think grooming was invented by the Internet but that Littlefinger has predatory paedophile written all over him. Did they have grooming in biblical times or just the 1800s when Game Of Thrones is set?

by Anonymousreply 7805/01/2013

Didn't Tywin go off on people last season? He didn't just bully and yell at his daughter, or women, but men as well.

by Anonymousreply 7905/01/2013

It's taken 3 years, but finally you should see that Jamie Lanister is not just a villain. He is also the worlds most tragic and screwed up hero....who tosses a child out a window for catching him having carnal relations with his own sister. Ok. Anti-hero.

by Anonymousreply 8005/01/2013

[quote]There is a spoiler thread where you can talk about this [R55]. Putting a spoiler warning at the top is nice but doesn't really hide your comment from people that don't want to be spoiled.

Oh, fuck you. You can't control what you read now? Clearly the product of helicopter parenting. The world doesn't owe you anything, princess, beside plain courtesy, which a spoiler warning is. Go force your rules somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 8105/01/2013

R82, plain courtesy would be posting spoilers on the spoiler thread.

by Anonymousreply 8205/01/2013

Please tell me this is not the last we see of Gendry (aka Chris from Skins). Why are all these guys abandoning Arya? She freaking needs their help!

And besides we still haven't seen Gendry's cock.

by Anonymousreply 8305/01/2013

No, r83, posting on the spoiler thread is following your rules, as if you run the internet. Which, if you've ever noticed, has a long history of simply requesting a spoiler warning at the beginning of a post. That you decided you want and WILL HAVE a new way of doing things doesn't make it at all a commonly accepted courtesy, you spoiled, dictatorial cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8405/01/2013

R85 you need not comply with the no spoilers request, but it would be nice.

I've read all of the books, but refrain from spoilers out of courtesy to others here.

by Anonymousreply 8505/01/2013

School marm R86, it would be nice if you'd stop mincing about attempting to moderate the discussion.

Stick to your points, try to avoid any posts that may upset your oh-so-delicate story expectations and let others be their own moderators.

by Anonymousreply 8605/01/2013

Am I the only one bored and unimpressed with the old lady 'Queen of Thorns' or whatever her name is?

It's painfully, embarrassingly clear they're trying to create a Maggie Smith character for a little camp value, but it goes over like a lead balloon.

There's nothing likable about the woman thus far. She comes across as sarcastic and cruel and I've not heard her deliver one 'clever' quip.

Why was this necessary? Was she a character in the books? I was much more impressed by and interested in the "Veil" woman who let her 12 year old kid nurse at her titt. There's nothing fun or campy or endearing about the old, green hijab wearing woman. WHo is she supposed to be anyway? Joffrey's fiance's grandmother? Her mother?

by Anonymousreply 8705/01/2013

STFU, R88. Lady Olenna is amazing. Sorry you don't "get" her or her game.

by Anonymousreply 8805/01/2013

r82 = Lannister

by Anonymousreply 8905/01/2013

Rabid, unhinged, delusional fangurl alert @ R89.

by Anonymousreply 9005/01/2013

Take your pills r89 dear.

by Anonymousreply 9105/01/2013

R88, she is Margaery (Joffrey's fiance) and Loras's grandmother and the most savvy force in the Tyrell family. And yes she is straight out of the books, where she is wizened lady with a sharp tongue, nicknamed the "Queen of Thorns" for a reason.

The show creators didn't make her up to copy Downton Abbey or anything, but if you don't like her well that is your opinion you are entitled to. It's too bad, many enjoy her.

by Anonymousreply 9205/01/2013

R88 Yes, she is a character from the books. I doubt they wanted to create a Maggie Smith character, considering that 1) Lady Olenna is a character from the books 2) Books were written before they started Downton Abbey 3) She is like the character is described in the books.

Also yes, she is Joffrey's fiance's grandmother. Which means she is also Loras' grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 9305/01/2013

So much for your Dowager Cuntess theory, R88.

by Anonymousreply 9405/01/2013

[quote]I was much more impressed by and interested in the "Veil" woman

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 9505/01/2013

The "'Veil' woman," Lysa Arryn, the mother of the boy head of House Arryn, should appear again this season or next. Littlefinger is making plans to woo her and wed her.

by Anonymousreply 9605/01/2013

This thread is inundated with unhinged fanbois intent on making anyone who takes any issue with this show miserable.

If you click on some of their posts and page back, you'll find most of the thread is like three people talking to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9705/01/2013

d

by Anonymousreply 9805/01/2013

Loras sure is an eager bottom. His feet were wrapped around the prostitute in a blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 9905/01/2013

Screencaps?

by Anonymousreply 10005/01/2013

First, posting spoilers here is wrong. Don't play the Hall Monitor card. I guarantee I've been posting on the DL longer than you.

Second, the Queen of Thorns is in the books but doesn't play a huge role. Really, beyond the plan to get Sansa back to Highgarden, I don't remember anything big from her. They have expanded her role a lot on the show already.

by Anonymousreply 10105/01/2013

You need to read the books again, r102. I don't want to spoil anything but you have it way wrong!

I actually like that they've expanded her role and that she makes a good foil to Tywin. All the men get to be big bold and brassy so I'm glad she's around to counter that.

by Anonymousreply 10205/01/2013

I hope they write a scene where Lady Emma Peel and Tywin exchange words and I hope she more than holds her own.

by Anonymousreply 10305/01/2013

Well the Tyrells as a whole are much more present in the show where as in the books they are kept more mysterious and we don't spend a lot of time with them. Most fans have considered that a positive change.

Clips of the season have shown there will be a scene between Olenna and Tywin.

by Anonymousreply 10405/01/2013

I agree with r103: r102 has forgotten what happened in the books. Olenna has a VERY big role to play coming up (though it's behind the scenes).

by Anonymousreply 10505/01/2013

R85 = a cuntish asshole lashing out after being called out. It's nobody's "rules", dude. There's obviously a game of thrones "spoilers" thread, and it's there for a reason, and reasonable people recognize that reason and use it appropriately out of consideration.

You're an inconsiderate asshole though, so it's no surprise you not only didn't do that, but are now stomping around throwing your little tantrum at being called out for your inconsideration.

by Anonymousreply 10605/01/2013

Thanks a lot. I had to stop reading this thread when I saw someone was talking about the Red Wedding. There is a separate thread for spoilers. I do not want a repeat of 2005's Dumbledore Fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 10705/01/2013

It's great that I forget everything I read. By the time that show comes on, I won't remember what happens.

by Anonymousreply 10805/01/2013

I wonder if Loras ever really loved Renly or if he was just playing him like Margaery is playing Joffrey. If he was just using him, then it was probably at Olenna's behest.

by Anonymousreply 10905/01/2013

I don't find the book readers to be insufferable like some others in this thread. They give a great insight into the back history and straighten some of the more confusing plots in the show.

by Anonymousreply 11005/01/2013

I, too, don't mind someone posting "SPOILER" first.

I like the insight the book readers give the show. More flesh to the character.

And I love the old Tyrell woman.

by Anonymousreply 11105/01/2013

Agree with R111 and R112.

Attention book readers! Don't let the prisspots scare you away.

by Anonymousreply 11205/02/2013

R110 He really loved Renly. That's how it is in books and on the show as well. There is a deleted scene from season 2 (you can look for it on youtube) with Loras and his sister, when he tells her how much he loved Renly and he regrets, that he pushed him to become king, because maybe if he didn't, Renly would be still alive. Then he starts crying and his sister comforts him.

by Anonymousreply 11305/02/2013

Here it is r114:

by Anonymousreply 11405/02/2013

R115, that's a great scene... and seemingly important. Why did they cut it? I hope it's on the DVDs...

by Anonymousreply 11505/02/2013

Wow! What a scene! I wish they would have kept that in. The Tyrells are quickly becoming one of my favorite Houses. The show is making them much more interesting than they were in the book series.

Often, some of the best scenes are left on the cutting room floor and I have no idea why. Less scenes of Ros the useless whore and more scenes like these!!!

by Anonymousreply 11605/02/2013

I love the Tyrells. They're scheming, but they also seem like good people, and yet it's hard to tell just yet whether they are or not, and what exactly they know and are planning to do.

I like especially that it's not clear yet why Margaery wants to be queen--whether she wants power (like Cersei) or to please her family because of their potential dreams of power.

by Anonymousreply 11705/02/2013

[quote]The "'Veil' woman," Lysa Arryn, the mother of the boy head of House Arryn, should appear again this season or next. Littlefinger is making plans to woo her and wed her.

I thought Littlefinger wanted to woo Sansa?

And it didn't seem like he was making plans to woo Lysa, but rather that Tywin gave Lysa to Littlefinger, just like he gave him smoldering shithole castle Harrenhall.

by Anonymousreply 11805/04/2013

I don't mind someone posting "SPOILER" first, but would prefer they also end the thread with "SPOILER END" or something.

Also, it'd be really really awesome to make like 5-10 blank lines before typing out the spoiler, just so that we don't have to accidentally see the spoiled words.

Please and TIA!

by Anonymousreply 11905/04/2013

I couldn't believe how skinny Ygritte was, omfg! She looks like she's dying of cancer or something, with that knobby spine and exposed ribs.

Is that what modern men find attractive in a woman? Bleah!

by Anonymousreply 12005/04/2013

[quote]I couldn't believe how skinny Ygritte was, omfg! She looks like she's dying of cancer or something, with that knobby spine and exposed ribs.

[quote]Is that what modern men find attractive in a woman? Bleah!

No. Many, if not most, straight guys often say they prefer a woman with curves and meat on her bones. However, I'm a gay man and my reaction to Ygritte's body was the similar to yours: Eat a burger!

On a related note, I'm intrigued by the number of women in key roles on this series who have gone nude for it (there has been so little male nudity that those actors are hardly worth mentioning -- an exception being the guy who plays the big dumb guy carting that kid around. What a piece on him!). It seems to be a prerequisite to be cast.

by Anonymousreply 12105/04/2013

Ygritte is WAY too skinny...my reaction was eat several sandwiches, girl. Hodor's piece was prosthetic for the show.

by Anonymousreply 12205/04/2013

lol 102.

Actually - don't re-read. You might enjoy the surprise.

by Anonymousreply 12305/04/2013

Is there a screen-cap of Hodor's piece? Because I remember seeing Theon full frontal (hung!), but I don't recall the Hodor scene for some reason...

by Anonymousreply 12405/04/2013

Don't forget the horrible full-frontal scene with the wine seller who tried to poison Dany and ended up walking behind her horse.

Also, I'm pretty sure we saw Jaime's balls in the bath scene with Brienne.

by Anonymousreply 12505/05/2013

Does anyone see any parallels between GoT and British history? Even the Black Crows. They have lived at the Tower of London for centuries. And all the bannermen, and "houses," and swearing allegiance to one or another, etc. there's something very medieval about it all.

Like in that between the Dark Ages and say the 1300's? Even with the invasions of the Norsemen. I'm not suggesting that there are prototypes in GoT from Engish history at all. Just some similarities and some borrowing of symbols here and there. Similar characteristics, that's all.

That deleted scene was kind of important. I showed that practicality and wisdom of Margaerey and the motivation. "We have to think about the survival of our House." I think the only game Margaery is playing is to survive.

In order to do that, she has to walk into the proverbial "lions' den" and deal with the Lannisters. She's very brave. Hope she survives Cersei and Joffrey. Once he marries her she will lose all her leaverage with him. He's a psychopath.

I think, as far as George R.R. Martin is concerned, the Lannisters are the most awesomely powerful, and most everyone is reacting to them one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 12605/05/2013

Ygritte's been roaming around a frozen wasteland for years. Of course she's skinny. Not like she's been scarfing down Grand Slams at Denny's every day.

by Anonymousreply 12705/05/2013

SNL: Game of Game of Thrones

by Anonymousreply 12805/05/2013

[quote]Hodor's piece was prosthetic for the show.

Really? Awwwwww.

How do prosthetic wangs for tv/film work?

I'm guessing you stick your own dick in it? Weird.

I hope they don't re-use them!

by Anonymousreply 12905/05/2013

R127, Game of Thrones is loosely inspired by the War of the Roses. Lancasters, Lannisters, etc.

by Anonymousreply 13005/06/2013

Does Bran ever get to see Jon Snow again?

by Anonymousreply 13104/28/2014

Did you guys read that hbo website let a major spoiler that is Not in the book.?They have since removed it but someone online has a screencap. It was on yahoo news.

by Anonymousreply 13204/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.