Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This Just In: Another Katherine Heigl movie bombs at the box office

Oh Goddess Schadenfreude, thank thee for thy bountiful gifts.

by Anonymousreply 15505/04/2013

I saw no advertising for this movie and didn't know it was even coming out.

by Anonymousreply 104/27/2013

Even the target audience for these types of movies are bored with them. I don't know who wants to watch this crap. Heigl is not a star and is unappealing, when will they figure that out?

by Anonymousreply 204/27/2013

You know, OP, you really are a moron.

It's not a "Katherine Heigl movie" at all. She's not one of the principals; it's more a DeNiro movie, which if you read your own link you'd know.

Hate much?

by Anonymousreply 304/27/2013

"Writer/director Justin Zackham received awful reviews despite Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton, Amanda Seyfried, Topher Grace, Susan Sarandon, and Robin Williams. Note that I’m leaving out Katherine Heigl on purpose. And yet it took 5 producers for this family fiasco (Clay Pecorin, Harry J. Ufland, Justin Zackham, Richard Salvatore, Anthony Katagas)."

by Anonymousreply 504/27/2013

I think the only reason I can't stand her, is her first (only?) hit was about getting pregnant and insisting on having the baby, even thought her nor the guy really wanted it. No, I didn't actually watch the film, I heard about it.

by Anonymousreply 604/27/2013

DeNiro film if you had to place it on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 704/27/2013

R6 - You mean Knocked Up? You didn't miss much.

I do think she was good in Grey's and very good in Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2013

Not Katie's fault. DeNiro topline's this flick - Katie did it as a favor to the director. She has several big film's in the pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 904/27/2013

Believe it or not, Heigl was the best thing in this crapfest

by Anonymousreply 1204/28/2013

I quick glance thru her IMDB page shows Katie has no firm film commitments lined up....and one of the possible ones costars Patrick (box office poison) Wilson

time for a pilot Katherine

by Anonymousreply 1304/28/2013

Not that I would see this movie anyway, but casting the supremely obnoxious Robin Williams guarantees that.

by Anonymousreply 1404/28/2013

I can't recall seeing a single ad for "Big Wedding". No wonder it bombed. As much TV watching and internet browsing as I do, if I had no awareness of it, then it had a really shit marketing campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1504/28/2013

There were TV commercials that only mentioned Robert DeNiro and Diane Keaton. Heigel has reached J-Lo territory. Remember the J-Lo film where the TV ads barely showed her presence in the movie? Heigel is now also viewed as a liability instead of an asset.

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2013

Oddly enough there are posters for it ALL over Manhattan and poor Christine Ebersole is the ONLY one pictured and not named. A lot of theatrequeens were bitching about it at Barrage last night.

by Anonymousreply 1704/28/2013

Who the fuck is Christine Ebersole?

by Anonymousreply 1804/28/2013

r18....need we say google is your friend yet again?

by Anonymousreply 1904/28/2013

"she go's by..."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2004/28/2013

[quote]Katie did it as a favor to the director

Then she's a bigger idiot than I thought. The guy who made this is a hack, whose main previous credit was the execrable The Bucket List.

by Anonymousreply 2204/28/2013

So because of this thread, I hopped in my car and went to the last showing of the night at the ArcLight in La Jolla. I really liked it. It was hard to follow because there are so many characters and you're trying to figure out how they're related but that's the fun of it. Everyone's pretty good and it's just a fun diversion. I went into the movie a little stressed and came out very relaxed. Also, Kyle Bornheimer has a small role and I just think he is adorable. Totally my type. Also, Susan Sarandon looks amazing. Thanks Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 2304/28/2013

Oh and Christine Ebersole sings a divine rendition of Row Row Row Your Boat during the credits. I'm not kidding,

by Anonymousreply 2404/28/2013

Who keeps casting this cunt and trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 2504/28/2013

Too late, R25 - she's already happened. KH is one of the highest paid actresses of the current crop and yes, R13 she does have upcoming pics including Henson's Happyland Murders where she is the star human a la Jason Segal in Muppets. Insiders report that is tracking huge- meaning big BO is anticipated.

Katie picks and chooses her project's b/c she doesn't getoff on the fame game and she doesn't need the $ at this point. She has nothing lleft to prove b/c she's already successful -TV, comedy, drama, action- you name it.

Two of the movies she did her *mom* was the producer and yes she did do the Big Wedding as a *favor* to the director Justin Z b/c their friends. Please don't be so ignorant. I respect the way Katie stands w/ her people: Her mom, Justin Z, TR, etc.

For the record as well (might as well set this straight), Shonda has nothing bad to say about Katie and insiders report the only reason Katie has not been back on Greys is that they are saving her as a "secret weapon" in case ratings start to drop. Makes sense right? Duh! But nothing make's sense to haters who are *jealous* of a beautiful successful very well loved person like Kate Heigl. Thing is, if you met her (I have) you would never say a bad word about her again - sweetest girl.

by Anonymousreply 2604/29/2013

R26 must either be Heigl's mother, agent, publicist or 'Katie' herself. Nobody and I mean NOBODY thinks this girl has any future in movies. All her films have bombed over the past few years. She happened. She was the IT girl for a very short period of time, made a bunch of stupid rom coms, most of them flopped horribly and now she's over.

If she's lucky, she'll find herself a sitcom or some procedural on TV.

by Anonymousreply 2704/29/2013

I used to love her on Roswell. Now I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 2804/29/2013

R23, Wow if you thought this was hard to follow you're a real moron. I saw it, mostly to hate-watch Heigl and was surprised that it had more laughs than I expected.

The movie is slight though, and Heigl plays a nasty character that makes it easier than usual to dislike her.

Ebersole is one of the brighter spots of the film. Anyone not knowing who she is is beyond me. Two-time Tony winner? Her indelible performance in Grey Gardens?? Her yearly Christmas concerts at Birdland? Time to rejoin the human race!

by Anonymousreply 2904/29/2013

[quote]Henson's Happyland Murders where she is the star human a la Jason Segal in Muppets. Insiders report that is tracking huge- meaning big BO is anticipated.

by Anonymousreply 3004/29/2013

When you've been in the game as long as she has, R27, you don't freak the ups n downs. Child Model, Big screen debut at 14, Emmy winner, $10 million plus- per pic asking price for a few films in a row. Don't cry for Katie - she is crazy all right - like a fox. Artists who want to stay relevant know all about playing with our expectations and I suspect Katie is a sort of master at this. Nobody's here talking today about any of the other Grey's cast members, are we?

by Anonymousreply 3104/29/2013

Why do people think it's alright to insert apostrophes wherever they feel like? Make's?? Make's... I won't even touch the rest of that post, Katherine.

by Anonymousreply 3204/29/2013

R30: FYI: upcoming big-budg. R-rated puppet flick from Henson Alt. Think Aveneue Q meets LA Confidential minus the tunes. Preview audiences apparently going crazy for it and buzzing Katie in particular.

by Anonymousreply 3304/29/2013

Link, R33?

by Anonymousreply 3404/29/2013

I hate r26/r31/r33 almost as much as I do Katie.

by Anonymousreply 3504/29/2013

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 3604/29/2013

Ya know what R35 - get over it because I don't care and I can almost assure you KH doesn't care either. You and your brethen have been on here since 5 minutes after this flick bowed on Friday trying to blame it on one of the actresses who has barely more than a cameo and by all accounts was a great addition to the film. Really? Get over it. I know you jokingly signed "Shonda" but I am unfortunately starting to suspect that you are either her or I. Washington. Because lets face the ugly untold story in Kate's supposed downfall: black H-Wood hates gay H-Wood and the group's stick together. Katie dared to speak up for TR against IW and the next thing you know Shonda start's badmouthing her to who else - Oprah. Meanwhile Kate rises above. Get over it. For real.

by Anonymousreply 3704/29/2013

A quick glance at her IMDB page shows she's got nothing in the pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 3804/29/2013

I can't believe Heigl has even one fan. She is as unwanted in movies as Jennifer Lopez.

by Anonymousreply 3904/29/2013

This was shot in Connecticut in the summer of 2011. I worked on the crew. Keaton was adorable and gave wonderful, thoughtful wrap presents for the entire cast and crew. Heigl was a complete and utter cunt. She tried to get her stand-in fired because she was prettier than Heigl. We made fun of her behind her back. A perfect case of a mediocre actress thinking she was hot shit. She's burning bridges right and left.

by Anonymousreply 4004/29/2013

R40 didn't get a present from Kate = "complete and utter cunt"? Listen, if a nobody like you was making fun of me "behind my back" (you're probably not as slick as you think you are) all summer damn straight I wouldn't be gifting you jack shit either. Trust me, you are a bridge she can afford to burn. Keaton's very well off and probably wrote it off on her taxes as charity.

by Anonymousreply 4104/29/2013

Maybe you need to take more than a quick glance, then R38. Not every star spends all day updating spoiler's on their IMDB page.

Read it and weep.

by Anonymousreply 4204/29/2013

Puppets! oh my.

by Anonymousreply 4304/29/2013

The Heigl-obsessed apostrophe abusing retard troll is the saddest thing to ever happen to DL.

by Anonymousreply 4404/29/2013

This movie has just been done so many times before. There were a few laughs in some of the trashy parts. Ben Barnes as Alejandro was awful.

I thought nobody liked Topher Grace. -I wonder how he got cast.

by Anonymousreply 4504/29/2013

Nobody likes Topher, R45? Pulhease - he didn't fit in with the "mean girls" (and I am including Ashton and Wilmer in that terminology) on the set of T7S so now "nobody" likes him? Topher is *very* popular in with audiences and with the movers and shakers in Hollywood as far as I know and he consistently works and get's good reviews - unlike mean girl Ashton who just had his Jobs movie put on ice b/c he refuses to do reshoots.

by Anonymousreply 4604/29/2013

[quote]Ebersole is one of the brighter spots of the film. Anyone not knowing who she is is beyond me. Two-time Tony winner? Her indelible performance in Grey Gardens?? Her yearly Christmas concerts at Birdland? Time to rejoin the human race!

That might be true if the entire "human race" lived in NYC.

Many of us are not involved in Broadway or Birdland, and we could not care less about Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 4704/29/2013

This thread is insane, mainly due to the KH defender.

But the movie is wretchedly written and performed, smarmy and smutty in all the wrong ways.

by Anonymousreply 4804/29/2013

Katherine Heigl is a reasonably good actress. She might be a little full of herself, but she's not bad.

by Anonymousreply 4904/29/2013

[quote] Topher is *very* popular in with audiences and with the movers and shakers in Hollywood as far as I know and he consistently works and get's good reviews

He hasn't been in a high profile project in years.

by Anonymousreply 5004/29/2013

So, on top of the KH defender trying to make it sound like she's some big star, we are now also expected to believe that audiences just LOVE Topher Grace? The movers and shakers of Hollywood?

Who the fuck is this loon?

by Anonymousreply 5104/29/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5204/29/2013

I saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago - it looked very bad and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 5304/29/2013

Take Me Home Tonight was 2011, R50 - hardly "several years ago." That flick was very high profile. Of note: TG was also a writer on that flick. Also did "The Double" vis a vis R. Gere.

TG is known to pick and choose his projects for reason's not usually involving commercial viability. Nonetheless he's done *quite* well for himself. He's from east coast old money so the paycheck isn't a big deal for him - more about the process and the craft if you will.

by Anonymousreply 5404/29/2013

I don't the appeal of Emma Stone. We already have Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard and What's her boobs Christina.

by Anonymousreply 5504/29/2013

ummm it's HiiiiiieeggALLL

by Anonymousreply 5604/29/2013

Katie is poised for a Candy Bergen-like career, R52 - she is not competing with Emma Stone for parts in Spiderman flicks. She couldn't care less about those girls and I am sure she wishes them very well. As for bit parts you really have no idea what you are referring to - as I mentioned, it is believed she did this role as a lark to help out a buddy - she'll have toplines coming out later this year and next.

Please restrain your hatred - its a bad color on you.

by Anonymousreply 5704/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 5804/29/2013

R57 - Seriously? Bergen?

by Anonymousreply 5904/29/2013

R58 - who goes around "mentioning actress's names" to people out of the blue just to gauge a reaction in this manner? Is this normal behavior?

No wonder your getting blank stares. If you could read these people's thoughts I'm sure it's along the lines of "Mary!"

by Anonymousreply 6004/29/2013

r57 is old...Candy Bergen? really? Didn't they stop saying that in 1975?

by Anonymousreply 6104/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 6204/29/2013

Yes, I would say it's an apropos analogy, R59. Similar beauty, talent, sophist., etc.

by Anonymousreply 6304/29/2013

You would indubitably know better than I, R61. Film student here - it pays to know history.

by Anonymousreply 6404/29/2013

R62, huh? You're crying out Katie's name at orgasm? Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6504/29/2013

Topher Grace is hated because he pulled a Shelley Long and quit his show to try to be a movie star. That didn't work out too well since from the time he quit to the end of That 70's Show, he was not in one single movie. All his movies were during That 70's Show or after the show went off the air. So he pulled his diva stunt for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2013

Toph did 7 seasons on T7S and rucurred on season 8 - hardly Shelley Long. Additionally, during most of that 8th season TG was filming SpiderMan 3 (released the following year) in NY while dating Ivanka Trump in his free time. That flick went on to gross $890,000,000 and no doubt Toph got some back end action so not too shabby.

The sitcom was winding down and TG still returned to make several appearances. He was so loved by the producers that he co-wrote and starred in their "Take Me Home Tonight" several years later. Very classy guy and very talented. Going places.

by Anonymousreply 6704/30/2013

Yeah, going nowhere.

Just like Katherine Heigl.

by Anonymousreply 6804/30/2013

The Heiglbot reaction at r65 is proof that the mentally unhinged have trouble grasping irony.

by Anonymousreply 6904/30/2013

[quote] Very classy guy and very talented. Going places.

I saw him going to Target.

by Anonymousreply 7004/30/2013

Why in the world would Topher Grace be getting backend on Spider-Man? Are you crazy?

by Anonymousreply 7104/30/2013

He's known to be a savvy negotiator, R71. Is worth millions. Topher won the SAG award for best cast (Traffic, 2000) - that kind of thing lends a bit of prestige to the project which studios love to shell out $$$ for (think McKellan in X-Men).

by Anonymousreply 7204/30/2013

Did anyone else see Topher Grace desperately trying to kill the gay rumors on Chelsea Lately?

It was a bit much. Especially since no one has thought about him in about five years.

by Anonymousreply 7304/30/2013

Highly doubt that Ivanka "beards," R73. She wouldn't need to. She's extremely bright, has got several solid gigs already, and more money than midas. If TG were gay, he'd be out - he's not the type to care what people think. I'm sure he was just being flirty with Chelsea because that's what you do on her show. He's very self-deprecating and is willing to look awkward for a laugh - watch some eps. of T7S on Netflix and you'll see what I mean. Has had a slew of women no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 7404/30/2013

About this movie... I did see many commercials for it, probably on Bravo. And probably like most people who did see commercials for it, my impression was: Why are they making another "Meet the Parents" movie, but without Ben Stiller?

by Anonymousreply 7504/30/2013

This Heigl/Topher Grace Troll must be a joke right? Or maybe performance art?

by Anonymousreply 7604/30/2013

I think it's a shill, R76. Or a family member. To be a Topher Grace apologist in 2013 is a very sad prospect.

by Anonymousreply 7704/30/2013

Not a shill or family member, R77 and not a troll. I do have a few close friends in the biz and am somewhat privy.

by Anonymousreply 7804/30/2013

Big congrats to Zach Braff and Katie on there Kickstarter campaign! $2 million in 3 days, wow! Izzy and JD in a movie together - shrewd casting.

by Anonymousreply 7904/30/2013

It was an everything but the kitchen sink movie, infertile daughter, virgin doctor son, adopted son with 'a secret' (lame that he couldn't tell his birth mother that his adopted parents had divorced) .... and the parents all sleeping with each other and .... well, it was a bad movie to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 8004/30/2013

Rabid Heigl Fangurl Alert! @ R3

by Anonymousreply 8104/30/2013

Oh no, we have a Heiglbot.

by Anonymousreply 8204/30/2013

Friedman broke the news that Heigl's gonna topline alongside ZB in this proj. Makes sense - they're pals. Wonder if RF got the scoop 'cause it's not a studio pic and he's the anti-establishment gossip guy. Remember when he got fired for reviewing a bootleg then turned around and sued R. Murdoch? I can see why Kate would pick Roger to leek the news - he's right up her alley. Plays by his own rules, asdo Katie and Zach.

by Anonymousreply 8304/30/2013

r70, LOL.

Had you signed that post Mitch Hedberg, it would've been perfect.

by Anonymousreply 8404/30/2013

Heigl has too many people from too many different places and backgrounds saying she is a cunt (with examples) for it not to have some truth to it.

The other knock on her is bad management. Unfortunately, that means her mother.

Any woman who becomes identified with rom-coms in this day and age is delusional or has taken some very bad career advice.

It's the combination of the two I think that's tanking her career.

No one is going to cast her in a decent role to prove her talents (and I do think she has them) if she's a demanding cunt. Indy film-makers don't have the time or the budget, and that's where the good, comeback roles are found.

TV is a collaborative, writers' medium. Publicly and snottily criticizing your show's writing staff doesn't win you another pilot shot.

If she works with industry friends, maybe she can come back. Otherwise, she's done and it's her own fault.

She's just being stuck in these roles because there's no one else available in Hollywood right now.

by Anonymousreply 8504/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 8604/30/2013

[quote] If she works with industry friends, maybe she can come back.

Agree with R85.

It looks like that's *exactly* what she's doing in this Braff collab. thing on Kickstarter. They're raking it in faster even than V. Mars apparently.

That's gotta be some kinda sweet vindication for a gal like KH who plays by her own rules - especially while washing off the stink of this DeNiro/Keaton stinkbomb. Throw in a holiday hit (the Henson flick) and it's textbook career upswing. This truly is how its done. Brava.

by Anonymousreply 8704/30/2013

Take notes, Anne H. This is a classy speech. Thank your costars, thank the creative people, dedicate to your Mom. Done. Humble, sincere, simple. What a gorgeous gal in that alabaster frock, too.

THIS is how it is done, miss H. Take notes.

by Anonymousreply 8804/30/2013

"My own mom didn't think I could win"

by Anonymousreply 8904/30/2013

Hahaha, R89. I love her so much for saying that! Compare that to Anne's stilted nunsense and it's like the do's and dont's of Award Acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 9004/30/2013

Why does DeNiro keep trying to do comedies? Very few of his comedies have been funny.

by Anonymousreply 9104/30/2013

The "Meet the" comedies have been good, R91

by Anonymousreply 9204/30/2013

r91, he's not trying to do anything, he's just collecting a paycheque.

Supposedly, it goes to Tribeca FF, which is supposed to be his baby. I've heard of other things it goes to, but that's another issue.

by Anonymousreply 9304/30/2013

R92 I said "very few"; I didn't say none of them (and the "Meet the" movies were excatly the only ones I could think of that were successful). But for the most part, he isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 9404/30/2013

Do they still televise the Emmy awards?

by Anonymousreply 9504/30/2013

Why does Katie have to adopt children. Are her lady parts defective?

by Anonymousreply 9604/30/2013

R95 - or she doesn't want to get fat. Or she doesn't want to add to the population.

by Anonymousreply 9704/30/2013

She's going to play Stephanie Plum, Janet Evonovich's bounty hunter. That movie will be huge.

by Anonymousreply 9804/30/2013

What a rude post, R96. That's between her and Josh and not me or you or anyone else. Why did Shondra adopt? For some people that is their choice and I think it's a beautiful one.

by Anonymousreply 9904/30/2013

a proper woman gives birth.....end of story.

by Anonymousreply 10004/30/2013

Several of Bobby's laffers have done boffo BO, and other's haven't, R91. It'a a very hot or miss game when you work as much as he does but he likes to keep busy and he chooses projects that pay well and that he's working with quality people.

Would love to see him re-team with J. Lewis (they co-headlined TriBeCa last week). Marty, let's make this happen!

by Anonymousreply 10104/30/2013

please die r101

by Anonymousreply 10204/30/2013

Well Katie's only 34, R100 and she and her husband are very much in love and they're both in great shape so you may get your wish. Either way, I think the Kelley-Heigl's are a beautiful family and any more lil Katie's or lil Josh's at this point are icing on the cake as far as their concern.

by Anonymousreply 10304/30/2013

God, WTF is wrong with this place?

Even 2-3 years ago we would've had a lot of bitchy, smart opinions, some misogyny, but 3-4 people chiming in with decent inside gossip.

Now, it's a barely literate uptalking fan fest.

I'm blaming Googlesearch. Any other ideas?

by Anonymousreply 10404/30/2013

I just realized it s not clear who I meant by J. Lewis, R101 and I suspect I gave you the wrong impression.

Now, of course Bobby did Cape Fear with Juliet L. and Marty (the part that made JL an "It Girl"), but no, that is not he reunion I am begging for.

I'm referring of course to King of Comedy where Bobby's Pupkin was the ultimate foil to *Jerry* L.'s Langford - also a Marty pic. Funny coincidence though. Bobby, Jerry, and Marty yucked it up this week in TriBeCa and Sandy sent one of her gonzo tribute vids which everyone had a good time with as well.

Marty, let's get this gang back together!

by Anonymousreply 10504/30/2013

the troll is just toying with us....don't feed him.

by Anonymousreply 10604/30/2013

Katie did a good job with Side Effects, the movie about big pharma.

by Anonymousreply 10704/30/2013

Well she didn't top the list (Go Gwyneth) but Katharine Heigl did come in 5th for the top 20 most hated celebrity.

I think at this point she's box office poison. She specializes in romantic movies and that means the audience is mainly women. And once you get a reputation as queen bitch, women aren't going to shell out the money to see you.

She's been replaced by people like Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence & Mina Kunis.

by Anonymousreply 10805/01/2013

She has three movies in pre-production.

by Anonymousreply 10905/01/2013

Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 11005/01/2013

What did she do to become so unlikable?

by Anonymousreply 11105/01/2013

I wish my career could "bomb" like hers.

Even if every movie she makes from hear on out "bombs" she's set for life. As such, she doesn't care about OP's observations.

by Anonymousreply 11205/01/2013

[quote]from hear on out

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 11305/01/2013

[quote] ... now, it's barely literate...

[quote] ...collecting a paycheque...

[quote] ...Googlesearch...

Barely literate indeed, R104

by Anonymousreply 11405/01/2013

Why would Zach Braff choose her to star in his movie? Does he want it to fail? Does he want a revolt? I'm sure people are now wanting to take their contribution back since they didn't disclose Heigl was going to be the star when they donated.

by Anonymousreply 11505/01/2013

Zach Braff's last film (Garden State) did very well and is considered something of a minor indie classic. I think he knows what he's doing, R115.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see a rather substantial spike in donations once the Katie news gets out and circulates. Katie has a very big following from Roswell and Grey's. That the kind of rabid fanbase is probably what Braff had in mind when he asked her to topline. Good for fundraising and good for BO.

Katie hasn't even put the news out on Twitter yet. She's got 427.000 followers who will def. pony up - either on Kickstarter at the B. Office, or both.

I'm really excited about this project. I can't wait to see these 2 pull this off. I'd love it to be a new semi-franchise a la this Hawke/Delpy/Linklater series that's coming around again soon. Good stuff!

by Anonymousreply 11605/01/2013

The movie is bad and Katherine Heigl is a bore in general. Does anything else need to be said?

by Anonymousreply 11705/01/2013

Apparently, Toph and Su S'don hit it off while filming - they've already slated to co-topline another upcoming flick together.

Hmmm.... I know she likes younger men. Hmm.....

by Anonymousreply 11805/01/2013

Don't feed the troll!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11905/01/2013

I was dragged to this movie by a group of friends last night. Full disclosure, I'm a white 36 year old married mom; target demographic for this monstrosity. I'd put it in with the five worst movies I've ever seen in the theater, and Weekend At Bernie's 2 is on that list. I don't even know where to begin. At one point, they're at a country club and KH's character says, "Who do I have to lynch to get a cosmo around here?" I'm not easily offended but that was a bridge too far. Topher Grace is the world's oldest looking 29 or 30 year old virgin. I don't know who wrote this, but no guy decides at 15!!! years old to save himself for love. Spoiler alert - one of the characters, the racist, rich mother-of-the bride is revealed to be gay or bisexual. Not sure; the character says one of her "fetishes" is women and is referred to with disdain and disgust for the rest of the movie as a lesbian. I won't even get into the reasons Deniro and Keaton have to pretend to be married b/c it's 2013 and not 1953 and it's not worth discussing. As for the acting, Deniro is great, of course. I know he's done a lot of s*it lately, but he still amazes after all these years and I'm embarrassed for him that he's in this. There's a scene where he has to show actual human emotion, and it's like he's in a different film. Keaton was annoying, Sarandon was beautiful and if she had the right movie, KH could be quite good but she's beautiful and there's nothing sexy about her and that's the problem. She has no charm and is impossible to connect with. Okay, sorry to write so much but really do not waste your money. Wait until it's on Netflix, drink a glass of wine or get high and watch it then. You won't be able to believe they somehow got this cast for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 12005/01/2013

Garden State grossed $26m domesticc, which I guess is good for an indie with a $2.5m budget. But that was nine years agio!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12105/01/2013

It's vulgar and casually racist in its attempt to belittle racism.

by Anonymousreply 12205/01/2013

R121 Sounds fucking horrible. I also read they ripped off the Wedding Crashers getting jerked off under the table at dinner gag.

by Anonymousreply 12305/01/2013

Holy shit to that lynching line.

by Anonymousreply 12405/01/2013

Are Topher G. and Susie S. a thing or what???

by Anonymousreply 12505/01/2013

They did completely rip off the jerk off scene. This time with Topher Grace and his adopted brother's sister at the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't believe the lynching line. I thought at first I heard it wrong but it's in there. I'm still mystified by this movie.

by Anonymousreply 12605/01/2013

[quote] KH could be quite good but she's beautiful and there's nothing sexy about her and that's the problem. She has no charm and is impossible to connect with.

Check out this video on Youtube "Katie Heigl Sexy Compilation" and let the world know if you stand by that statement, R121.

She was probably told to tone *down* her appeal in this latest flick because often times the older actresses (Keaton, Sarandon, etc.) are threatened of getting upstage, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 12705/01/2013

Very smart take on what Hollywood is trying to do to Heigl and why.

"When Katherine Heigl Opened Her Mouth: The Rise and Fall of a Hollywood Actress Who Refused to Play by the Rules"

An excerpt:

[quote] "Heigl is only one example of the double standard placed upon female celebrities. Male actors are praised for their candor, not criticized and called “rude.” Take Brad Pitt. Years ago, he said, “I’m one of those people you hate because of genetics.” It’s undoubtedly a cocky comment, but it doesn’t seem to have hurt his career. If a woman said the same thing, chances are that she would be deemed obnoxious, and her public image might suffer.

by Anonymousreply 12805/01/2013

She is toxic Velveeta. They tried to make her a movie star and it failed. The fact that anyone would promote her here is astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 12905/01/2013

Can Heigl go back to Grey's?

by Anonymousreply 13005/01/2013

r129 - that article was shit. The REAL reason is that Heigl is another idiot managed by her mother like Lara Flynn Boyle and she's not a big enough star to do her Goop-like overshares and pronouncements. Goop isn't either really and Ironman 3 might do as well in the USA due to Goop.

by Anonymousreply 13105/01/2013

She's told Shonda she's available, R131. At this point I think it's a matter of "when" not "if."

Shonda may have a cip on her shoulder, but she's no dummy. No way she'd pass up the publicity of bringing Kate back for a few eps.

by Anonymousreply 13205/01/2013

Katherine Heigl hates balls

by Anonymousreply 13305/01/2013

That was funny, R134.

Katie's deadpan made me think that after this Braff project, she should try to do a slapstick like Naked Gun or Airplane. She could totally do that Priscilla Presley thing.

by Anonymousreply 13405/01/2013

I hope it hurt like hell when Jason Behr took her cherry with his elephant-like cock.

by Anonymousreply 13505/02/2013

Katie on Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 13605/02/2013

Why are you calling her Katie like she is your best friend?

by Anonymousreply 13705/02/2013

I got Katie Fever the first time I saw her in My Father the Hero.

by Anonymousreply 13805/02/2013

lolz@ R138. Not her best friend (that would be TR Knight). "Katie" is just her preferred moniker (check out her Twitter). Most in the press don't know this so they get it erroneous, based on her official SAG credit name "Katherine."

by Anonymousreply 13905/02/2013

Katie is good for licking up all around the toilet rim.

by Anonymousreply 14005/02/2013

Great flick, R139. That and Roswell made a me a true Katieber as well.

by Anonymousreply 14105/02/2013

It's easy to see why and how KH is misunderstood.

1) the entitlement thing - she grew up in Connecticut in a very wealthy town ----however, her family was more middle than upper class and it was even considered declasse that her mom was trucking her into the city for acting jobs. unlike in la, this is considered trashy behavior in wealthier parts. (the kardashian whores would never fit in.) But when you grow up around self-impressed, monied people - you're not that impressed with the ding dongs raking in cash in Hollywood when you move out here - trust me.

2)the "taste" thing - I don't hold her at fault for this, but KH isn't well educated. So, when given the chance to make films, she veered in the direction of stuff she probably likes and thinks is good - romcom fluff. this isn't a girl who's going to target Soderbergh or someone of that ilk because that's not in her intellectual wheelhouse. Don't hate. Think of her as an excited barbie given the chance to make the kinds of movies she grew up loving.

3) she was right about the Apatow gang - they turn the waspy women into shrews in almost all of their films while the ugly Jewish males sit around farting. could we possibly see a class A guy with a class A girl in a comedy?

4) At the end of the day, KH is a waste of a target. She is a nice girl. If she's not acting nice, I guarantee it stems from an insecurity about the fact that she's not stage trained, she doesn't have an Ivy league education and she is not the smartest girl on the block. She just is who she is. Get over it and start hating on the dingbats in this town who have made money doing NOTHING: Nicole Ritchie, P Hilton, Kardashian whores, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14205/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 14305/02/2013

You nailed it, R143. I wish you would publish this in a blog or on HuffP. The backlash against KH is a total elitist thing. It's like "who let her in?" She's a total easy target but where's the sport in knocking this girl over and over?

by Anonymousreply 14405/02/2013

Everytime they show a picture of the Boston Bomber's wife I see Heigl. Am I alone in seeing similarities there? She should totally be cast in the Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 14505/02/2013

Her reputation came to light when she publicly declined to accept consideration for an Emmy nomination because of poor writing on Greys Anatomy.

She also corrected an announcer at an awards show about the pronunciation of her name, criticized her most successful movie (knocked up) and didn't show for work on Grays Anatomy when scheduled.

She's made her own unpleasant reputation.

by Anonymousreply 14705/02/2013

Her main problem is her stupid and ugly surname.

by Anonymousreply 14805/02/2013

[quote]She also corrected an announcer at an awards show about the pronunciation of her name,

what a bitch

by Anonymousreply 14905/02/2013

Heigl is German for cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 15005/02/2013

She was right about Knocked Up, but she should have kept quiet. It came across as biting the hand that feeds you.

by Anonymousreply 15105/03/2013

Any idea how The Big Wedding is supposed to do this weekend? I am thinking it might do pretty well with people who don't want to see Iron Man. I'd love to see it do better than last weekend (although it seems like many flicks do best their debut weekend and then peter out). Anyone have any numbers or do we have to wait til Monday?

by Anonymousreply 15205/04/2013

Its obvious this silly actress google alerts herself hence the bullshit PR on this thread I also heard she hires paps to follow her and now this damn hit the troll-dar button-oy! Waste of money to pay a fool we are not her audience.

by Anonymousreply 15305/04/2013

I very much doubt Katie would do that, R154. She has a very small team made up of her mom, her longtime agent, and a few close friends. She even does her own hair and makeup and makes a lot of her own clothes.

I'm going to see The Big Wedding again tonight with a few friends who haven't seen it. It would be cool to see how many DataLoungers we can get to go see this movie on the same night LOL. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 15405/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!