Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Partner and I are arguing over who is the alpha to our dog.

We have a poodle peekapoo mix. He loves me more (we both agree on this). I groom him. He loves to snuggle me, and when we both call him outside, he only comes when I call. Partner thinks that he is the alpha because the dog is afraid of him, and the dog won't cross the alpha. The dog also won't look him in the eye, and he does with me. He thinks this shows that the dog respects him more. Who is right?

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2013

You are the dog's master. Call that alpha if you like but your partner sounds like a jerk concerning the dog. You dog, does not like him.

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

Sorry to say OP, but your partner is right. It seems that you should be the alpha because he loves you more, but it's not true.

Your partner is who the dog is subservient to, thus the alpha.

You are essentially a co-litter mate.

The dog will bond with the person who loves him and gives him attention rather than the guy who feeds him.

Dog not holding your partner's gaze is the most telling of the information. Meeting the eyes is holding one's own. Not meeting the eyes in the dog world is admitting you are not the top dog - the one in front of you is more powerful than you. Meeting the eyes is saying "Yeah, I'll take you on right now. And I'll win".

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

A poodle peekapoo? That dog knows for a fact you two are some beta bottom bitches. Ya'll need to stop your fussin' and a feudin' and share a cosmo for two.

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

You're the Alpha. Thread omega'd.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

When I absolutely detest someone, or am furiously angry with someone, I refuse to look them in the eye. And it's never because I'm afraid or intimidated. I simply choose to believe they just don't exist.

OP, your boutique dog would love it if your partner disappeared. _

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2013

If your partner were alpha, the dog would come when he calls. I agree with the posters who have said your dog dislikes him.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

This is simply too amazingly gay not to be true.

by Anonymousreply 704/27/2013

Had to look this "breed" up to see what it is. I suspect this dog has clothes and bows in its fur. It hates you both and only tolerates you for the food.

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2013

If all you posters understood alpha in the dog world, you would know it does not have to do with coming when called. It has nothing to do with liking the alpha. It has to do with dominance.

by Anonymousreply 904/27/2013

Not to be insulting, but isn't a Poodle-Peekapoo mix a redundant term? I thought a Peekapoo was a Poodle-Pekingese hybrid. So, if that is true, don't we assume the poodle genes/DNA are in the mix? Wouldn't he still be a Peekapoo?

As to your dilemma, you clearly are the mommy-love to your pup. You are his rock and his comfort. Now for the bad news, your partner is the pack leader. Think of Machiavelli, would YOU rather be feared or loved??

I think you are right where YOU need and want to be OP.

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2013

[quote]We have a poodle peekapoo mix.

I wasn't even gay until I read that.

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2013

I have never said this before in DL, but that is pretty gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I also found it very sweet. I think OP must be a very loving, loyal man.

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2013

[quote]We have a poodle peekapoo mix.

Photos, please.

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!