Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can publicists get threads removed?

My admittedly embarrassing Tom Hiddleston thread was removed after photos of the actor and a male friend were posted with speculation on the nature of their relationship. I know the thing was infested with tumblr fan girls (one of the reasons I had quit posting), but can the webmaster really be forced to remove gossip from a gossip website?

by The Hiddles Trollreply 1104/27/2013

The Webmaster gets bored and randomly removes handfuls of threads for no reason other than to fuck with people. Don't take it personally.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 104/26/2013

Yes or lawyers. I ratted on a soap thread, got fired and the thread was gone ASAP.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 204/26/2013

Publicists don't give a FUCK about Datalounge. To see the same shit get posted on blogs and ONTD, places that have a hundred times more users with no problems.

Maybe WM thinks by deleting these threads he's giving the impression that this site is more important than it actually is.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 304/26/2013

A lot of threads--I'm not referring to the Hiddleston thread, which I didn't read--contain posts that are potentially defamatory.

I'm surprised that even more threads aren't removed.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 404/26/2013

Igtay Otaronay.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 504/26/2013

Past rumors claimed threads were removed due to complaints from a lesbian comic and a used furniture dealer/trustafarian who used to live in NYC.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 604/27/2013

My friend ran an amateur gossip message board a few years ago and was always getting cease and desist letters from attorneys. The board maybe had 50 regulars, so it wasn't in the DL league, but if she would get letters, I'm sure DL gets them all the time.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 704/27/2013

"Publicists don't give a FUCK about Datalounge."

Sometimes we care.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 804/27/2013

Why do the movie title mash up threads always get deleted?

And I am not a soap opera fan at all, but why are soap threads forbidden on DL?

I do remember the thread about Paris Hilton's sidekick getting hacked and all the celebrity phone numbers were posted. That one got wiped out pretty quickly.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 1004/27/2013

Soap threads attracted a group of homophobic fraus who wanted to talk soaps while bashing gays. That's why they were outlawed.

by The Hiddles Trollreply 1104/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.