Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NY police: Landing gear part apparently from 9/11 hijacked jet found in Manhattan

(CNN) -- An aircraft part apparently from one of the airliners that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, has been found in Lower Manhattan, New York police said Friday.

Part of a landing gear was discovered wedged between two buildings near ground zero and "includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number," police said in a news release. Police responded after surveyors working in the area called 911 to report they'd found "apparently damaged machinery," the release said.

"The NYPD is securing the location as it would a crime scene," police added.

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2013

11 years, 7 months, 15 days later...

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

I don't understand how that is possible. Lower Manhattan is crawling with people - it took 11 years to find part of the landing gear? I'm not understanding this.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

It probably means Controlled Demolition saved money by dumping debris in somebody else's construction site.

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

This is gonna crack the case wide open!

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

R2?

[quote] Part of a landing gear was discovered wedged between two buildings near ground zero

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2013

Some buildings have very narrow gaps between them, not even enough room to walk (except maybe a sideways squeeze). I am guessing this is the case, that it wedged between.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

9/11 is so 2001.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2013

R6, okay, I suppose. If you work or live in Midtown, you know that there is literally no square inch that goes uninspected or un-trod for even a day, let alone 11 years. Just hard to believe that something like landing gear could just be lying around somewhere, stuck between two buildings, above ground - didn't the city department of buildings inspect the surrounding area in the days, months and years subsequent to 9/11/01? Anyway, I'll be interested to read more about this.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

[quote]didn't the city department of buildings inspect the surrounding area in the days, months and years subsequent to 9/11/01?

I just don't trust inspectors. While standing on a high-up balcony built in Italy about 450 years ago, I began to wonder when it had its last safety inspection. When driving over any bridge in California, I always wonder how many earthquakes it survived and if it had a recent safety inspection. The lower deck on the George Washington Bridge in NYC was hung on there as an afterthought. I always aim for the upper deck.

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2013

And what about the rope found wrapped around the landing gear? doesn't that seem a little strange?

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2013

A crime scene? A hundred years after the event?

God.

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2013

[quote] A crime scene? A hundred years after the event?

R12 obviously wasn't a math major.

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2013

R10 I dare you to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, where they "reinforce" crowded balconies by wedging a few boards under them.

by Anonymousreply 1404/27/2013

Could this be a hoax?

Was 9/11 landing gear found beside mosque lowered there by opponents of development? Extraordinary claims following stunning find....

by Anonymousreply 1504/28/2013

There is a strong possibility that the landing gear was placed there so that block or section or building would be declared a '911 burial ground'.

And then the new islamic muslim mosque will not be able to be built on a 911 burial ground.

I hope that is what happens - that mosque has no business being less then 3 blocks from the 911 sites.

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.