Since 1995

Kath Gifford organizes open letter supporting Matty Lauer

Everyone signed it but Ann Curry,

by Meredithreply 6705/04/2013

Can a woman be a putz?

Putzina, perhaps?

Because Kathy Lee Gifford is a putz.

by Meredithreply 104/26/2013

Lauer very enthusiastically asked Bush at his library opening whether he could 'convince people he was right about the Iraq war'

WHAT A JACKASS. He should be on FUX 'news'. Dumb bastard.

by Meredithreply 204/26/2013

Well he's done now. That petition just about hammers the final nail in the Today show coffin; they will never be taken seriously again and Kathie-Lee really is over-reaching in what she believes is her political clout.

by Meredithreply 304/26/2013

Wow, that is a dumb dumb move on Gifford's part. It's like an eight grade note being passed around study hall. "Would you do it with this guy? Check yes or no." He is not running for class president.

by Meredithreply 404/26/2013

Doesn't that confirm that he really is in trouble then? Kathy needed to mind her own business.

by Meredithreply 504/26/2013

I trying so hard to feel sorry for a guy who earns over a million dollars a month. I reallllllly am.

by Meredithreply 604/26/2013

What a great way to get the credit for taking out a full page suck-up ad, while being too cheap to actually do it, Kathie!

by Meredithreply 704/26/2013

I find this ridiculously inappropriate and even a bit offensive. I watched the Today Show virtually ever morning between 1994 and 2013. I stopped, in large part, because of Matt Lauer. He started coming across and smarmy, and the Curry debacle was just the reason I need to leave (sometimes to Morning Joe, sometimes to CBS This Morning).

Gifford is acting like it's all been gossip. No. Viewers are perceptive.

by Meredithreply 804/26/2013

Gifford just wants to be his next affair.

by Meredithreply 904/26/2013

I wonder if they threatened the staff that they would be fired if they didn't sign.

by Meredithreply 1104/26/2013

So, this silly-ass woman going around to the staff and asking them to sign a public letter of support for a man who has all the power on the set -- and who could make things uncomfortable for them if he notices they did not sign it -- is not "coercion"?

NBC is insane for letting this story get out. Amazingly, this just keeps getting worse for them...

by Meredithreply 1204/26/2013

[quote]Matt Lauer told Kathie Lee Gifford, “Thanks, but no thanks,”

He's waiting for his endorsement from Lindsay Lohan.

by Meredithreply 1304/26/2013

He says thank but no thanks...and she goes to the NY press with it? Did she not understand him? He said no.

Or was this part of it, to try and make him look humble?

by Meredithreply 1404/26/2013

She reads DL and knew that the snarky queens would have a field day with it.

by Meredithreply 1504/26/2013

KLG also just tweeted this stomach-churning lovenote:

[quote]"Congratulations, @JennaBushHager on the opening of your Dad's library. We are a greater nation because of his service. Kiss Mila for me!"

by Meredithreply 1604/26/2013

Careful Matt. Before you know it, my mom will want to help you aim your penis to pee and she'll threaten to sing at your bullies.

by Meredithreply 1704/26/2013

that made me sick, R16.

I am glad SCANDALOUS flopped.

by Meredithreply 1804/26/2013

What a cunt!

by Meredithreply 1904/26/2013

So what if I prefer a whiter shade of president? That's my right as an American. And I'm sick of everybody on the left being prejudiced against blonde, rich Christians. We're people, too, you know? Fuck all of you!

Yours in the Risen Christ,

by Meredithreply 2004/26/2013

I thought KLG was Jewish.

by Meredithreply 2104/26/2013

I did not evolve from an ape.

I'm from Jesus.

I did not evolve from an ape.

I don't fling my own feces!

by Meredithreply 2204/26/2013

[quote]Gifford just wants to be his next affair.

That could be true, but I'm betting she's kissing some powerful butts so NBC will let her part of the show move to California.

by Meredithreply 2304/26/2013

What's old Kathy Lee trying to gain out of this?

by Meredithreply 2404/26/2013

R16, KLG is such a fucking sellout.

I hope that Frank is cheating on her with a dude that has V.D.

by Meredithreply 2504/26/2013

Matt Lauer and NBC spent most of this week kissing Dumbya's ass so deeply that it was embarrassing!

by Meredithreply 2604/26/2013

[quote]“We all wanted to say something to Matt and nobody wanted to put him in a position that would make him uncomfortable,” Gifford told the NY Daily News. “So unbeknownst to anyone higher up at NBC, I just started this thing.”

So you go ahead and talk to the press anyway? I'm sure he's not feeling any discomfort now.

by Meredithreply 2704/26/2013

I wish that they would hurry up and Fire Matt's stupid ass.

He's fucking up with the show with his backstage shit that keeps leaking out to the media.

NBC just needs to throw his ass out like they did to Bryan Gumbel.

by Meredithreply 2804/26/2013

Has Mrs. Martin Short weighed in yet?

by Meredithreply 2904/26/2013

[quote]I watched the Today Show virtually ever morning between 1994 and 2013.

I can't believe someone would admit to such a thing.

by Meredithreply 3004/26/2013

What unfounded and unrelenting stories? He played hardball to get Curry canned from the show. Is she trying to say Ann is lying?

Lauer gets whatever he wants at NBC. He can handle a bit of bad press.

by Meredithreply 3204/26/2013

I would hate her if she did this to me. This doesn't help matters. And it makes it appear like they're all against Curry. As if they resent her for causing all of this trouble by getting herself fired. Matt is not the victim here.

by Meredithreply 3304/26/2013

I hope they just clean house. Im so sick of Matt Lauer making headlines, he is a cunt and I knew this way before Ann Curry got the boot. All of them are overpaid and the whole show just reeks of toxic work environment that everyone dreads. And Hoda Kotb needs to disassociate herself with that Kathy Lee. Ann should just leave NBC for good so she can air them out completely.

by Meredithreply 3404/26/2013

Have any of you read this book? I think it's based in part on this whole situation.

Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV

by Meredithreply 3504/26/2013

R29, Mrs. Martin Short is dead.

by Meredithreply 3604/26/2013

KLG's father is Jewish, but she was raised as a xtian. Duh...she went to Oral Roberts U in Tulsa where she met a lovely young man who loved the lord and KL so much that he insisted on "waiting" to have sex after the wedding. Whoopsie!!! He couldn't get an erection on the wedding night and soon confessed to KL that he was gay....annulment ensued.

This is off topic, but does anyone think Matt Lauer looks like he a has wasting issue? I am NOT implying he's gay, but he reminds me of a guy in the early 90's at about 6 months from the end.

by Meredithreply 3704/26/2013

R36=missing the joke

by Meredithreply 3804/26/2013

[quote]she went to Oral Roberts U in Tulsa where she met a lovely young man who loved the lord and KL so much that he insisted on "waiting" to have sex after the wedding. Whoopsie!!! He couldn't get an erection on the wedding night and soon confessed to KL that he was gay....annulment ensued.

Seriously?! I've never heard this story before. Love it! Did she tell it in a auto-bio? How tacky if she did.

by Meredithreply 3904/26/2013

The Today show has always had an asshole male anchor going back to the 1970s - Tom Brokaw (He was OK then, I guess, but a nasty right winger now), Bryant Gumbel, and Matt. Whoever replaces Matt will on "America's favorite mourning program" will have to be enough of an asshole to keep the housewives glued to the show.

by Meredithreply 4004/26/2013

Yes, R38, I'm missing the joke - hence my post.

So what's the joke?

by Meredithreply 4104/26/2013

The "joke" is that KLG pretty famously embarrassed herself by ASKING Martin Short (when he was a guest) how his wife was doing. She went on and on about what a great marriage they had and so forth. She did not even know that Martin's wife was deceased. Short was a gentleman about it all and did not correct her on the air.

by Meredithreply 4204/26/2013

Oh my god, how cringe-worthy. Thank you for the explanation, R42.

Apparently Martin Short actually IS the nicest guy in the world.

by Meredithreply 4304/26/2013

Words fail me on this woman.

by Meredithreply 4404/26/2013

R44 Would that SHE would be afflicted with that problem, too!

by Meredithreply 4504/26/2013

[R39] She has related this story publicly many times. After all, she is embarrassed by a marriage which was ended much like Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney's. She wouldn't want anyone to think it was HER fault! FWIW I know of 3 marriages where the couple had been college sweethearts at religious universities that ended just as KLG's did.

by Meredithreply 4604/27/2013

Are you talking about her first marriage? I don't know much about her...except she has said some really stupid things.

The petition, I would think that Matt wants to strangle her. When I saw a lot of news people reporting at the Bush Library...I wanted to puke.

by Meredithreply 4704/27/2013

Nothing would piss me off more than if I declined someone's offer and they did it anyway ..... in a really big public way.

She's a twat.

by Meredithreply 4804/27/2013

I will never forget how Ann Curry would get wet talking about the homophobic Pope. She worshipped the homophobic Pope and didn't even try to sound objective when covering a story about him. Even a Catholic-owned network would never drool over the Pope like she did.

by Meredithreply 4904/27/2013

[quote]When I saw a lot of news people reporting at the Bush Library...I wanted to puke.

I'd be interested in visiting that library and see nothing wrong with news people reporting on it. It takes a modicum of intelligence to be interested in various aspects of history, r47.

I'd like to see how the Bush library deals with/obfuscates Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, Valerie Plame, Ken Lay, Enron, Cheney, etc. Is there any mention of hard-hitting reporters like Jeff Gannon/James Guckert?

Being interested in conflicting interpretations of history, I'd like to see how the Bush Pubbies slant it.

The idea of a library dedicated to Bush is almost comical when the only book he's known for reading is "The Pet Goat."

by Meredithreply 5004/27/2013

Kathie Lee used to be Anita Bryant's assistant

by Meredithreply 5104/27/2013

The Bush library cost $250 million, yet they didn't have room to display the most iconic artifact of the entire Bush administration.

Conspicuously, the huge "Mission Accomplished" banner, backdrop for Bush's May 1, 2003 jet plane arrival aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln -- about six weeks after the launch of the Iraq war -- is missing.

by Meredithreply 5204/27/2013

Perhaps because it revealed him to be the joke that he is, R52. Why have visual proof to remind people of what a cowardly piece of fuck he is?

by Meredithreply 5304/27/2013

When Kathy Epstein was Maryland's Junior Miss back in high school, she went to the national competition but was removed from the competition because she was found with a boy doing god knows what.

I'm sure she's perfected the cocksucking skills she showed back in high school. Perhaps Matt stuck it in Kathy Lee's Hoover-like mouth and liked it?

by Meredithreply 5404/27/2013

[quote]Why have visual proof to remind people of what a cowardly piece of fuck he is?

Because it's important that people don't forget. I send out that photo to friends every May 1.

by Meredithreply 5504/27/2013

[quote]she was found with a boy doing god knows what.

One KLG bio says she "was disqualified for befriending a member of the pageant's staff."

by Meredithreply 5604/27/2013

I guess her bio wouldn't read "disqualified for giving head to the head of the pageant's staff."

by Meredithreply 5704/27/2013

[quote]The idea of a library dedicated to Bush is almost comical when the only book he's known for reading is "The Pet Goat."

What's worse is GWB's name is on the WW II Memorial in Washington, D.C. He got the cushy appt. in the Texas Air Nat'l Guard and barely bothered to show up.

by Meredithreply 5804/27/2013

You bitches will all be eating crow when Kathie Lee's critically lauded Broadway musical SCANDALOUS sweeps the 2013 Tony Awards.

by Meredithreply 5904/27/2013

Gifford really managed to draw increased attention to Lauer's problems with her plans for a newspaper ad.

by Meredithreply 6004/29/2013

Kathie Lee's guest appearance on SMASH last week brought in record ratings. Record low, mind you, but record nonetheless. Whoo-hoo! Christ is Lord!

by Meredithreply 6104/29/2013

Did Matty write a letter to the Tony nominating committee on KL's behalf?

by Meredithreply 6204/30/2013

I was trying to fall asleep one night last week and saw this teased on ET or Access Hollywood or something like that. I thought I might have imagined it.

How perfectly fucking desperate. I'd be completely embarrassed if I were Lauer. But then he's a sociopath.

Times like these I wish Howard Stern hadn't made nice with KLG. He'd be all over this.

by Meredithreply 6304/30/2013

I'm glad she did this. It makes the whole bunch of them look like blooming idiots.

by Meredithreply 6404/30/2013

Do you suppose Gifford got reprimanded for this? It was a PR nightmare.

by Meredithreply 6505/02/2013

I hope so R65. Lauer and NBC must have really been pissed.

by Meredithreply 6605/03/2013

This stunt could ruin her chances on moving her broadcast to California. She wants to move there so she can watch over Cody, who's in college out there.

by Meredithreply 6705/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!