Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Straight people at gay events

Is it allowed to keep women out of a party for men, and vice versa? I hate gawkers and wannabe converters.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

wannabe converters?

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

No. Under 19 U.S.C. section 241(b)-12f, a host must allow anyone to attend his party unless he has previously cleared the exclusion with the Justice Department. Don't even try. It can take years to get an application through.

However, as a practical matter, this law is not enforced in Texas, Arkansas and Alaska, so you can always move the party, assuming you don't already live in one of those states. Be warned, however, that you may be still be subject to a civil suit for damages.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

OP may be talking about males who don't act like males. You could make an argument that they don't belong at a gay event, because homosexuality by definition is about being attracted to the same gender. If someone is acting like the opposite gender, she/he/it belongs with that gender.

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

r3 that would be awesome. Put the women with dicks with the women. I might actually start going to gay events.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

OP, whatever your point is, it sounds like something you've built up quite a bit in your mind.

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2013

They should at least be allowed to go to the Tony Awrds.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

A reason for gay men to always be friends with a good butch. They will be glad to take that clingy heterosexual faghag off your hands.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2013

OP, obviously you are free to invite and exclude anyone you wish from a private party.

A business open to the general public is another matter. I don't know what they do now but 30 years ago our bouncers kept out the frauen by implementing huge cover charges at the door for women and by enforcing dress codes. No open-toed shoes was quite effective, especially in the Summer.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

Ive always wondered about gau bath houses. How do they get away with a male only. I know ots a "prviate" club, but as a for-profit publicly .icensed corporation arent they subject to anti discrim laws?

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!