Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone seen Orphans on Broadway?

Tom Sturridge is the standout as the retarded younger brother. Although I keep going back and forth as to whether he was really good or doing an offensive "Of Mice and Men" thing, I still want to take him home and let him sit on my face.

Ben Foster is a bit much. And balding.

Alec Baldwin plays Jack Donaghy.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

Agree about Sturridge, the performance not the sit on my face part. He had me with him then he lost me...kept going back and forth.

Baldwin's odd accent bugged me. Part Long Island, part Southie Boston, part I don't know what.

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

Tom Sturridge looks retarded normally. Don't think this was much of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

Ben Foster is cut and has an average dick (at least when soft).

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

Sturridge looks a bit, uh, 'odd'.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

Sturridge has a nice little body.

Very toned, and he pulls up his shirt a few times to reveal a long and furry treasure trail.

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2013

I've been hearing about how inarguably great and legendary this play is for years now. Not at all what I was expecting.

I suspect part of my problem was Baldwin, who is doing sitcom-level acting. It wouldn't be unfair to call it schtick.

But the play itself was a real letdown for me.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

This production is weak and the very real shortcomings of the play are exposed. Also, three actors are in different plays.

The previous off-broadway production with John Mahoney, Kevin Anderson, and Terry Kinney and directed by Gary Sinise came from the Steppenwolf Theater when it was at on a roll with first-rate productions.

Daniel Sullivan, who did this revival, is too polite a director for this piece.

by Anonymousreply 704/26/2013

The script pretty much sucks. Ending is ridiculously treacly.

The comic interplay made it tolerable. It's apparently been played totally straight before; can't imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2013

Jeez. Both Ben Foster and Sturridge look like they smoked a pot farm before posing for those pictures at R4.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.