Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

They always trade down...

Melissa Gilbert goes from Bruce Boxleitner to Timothy Busfield.

Men always go for the trophy, woman trade down...

by Anonymousreply 1204/26/2013

Looks mean nothing! Think of every handsome man/beautiful woman who had problems in their life.

I started the Margaux Hemingway post - if I remember correctly - every teenage girl wanted to look like her, be her. She was a beautiful model with a flamboyant, glamerous lifestyle.

How happy was her life? Not very. Mental illness and depression and then committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

Melissa Gilbert dated Rob Lowe in the 1980s. They would break up and get back together all the time. I remember her saying, after one of their many reunions, that she'd rather be miserable with him than miserable without him. I was very young but I knew that was fucked up. Clearly they eventually worked that out too and split up for good. Now they're both with ordinary looking people and probably a lot happier.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

The prettier the person, the more likely he or she is fucked up. It is exponential.

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

R3 That's always been my experience. The hotter the guy, the more messed up in the head they are. I've had terrible experiences with the 'pretty' ones (druggies, liars, sense of entitlement due to their good-looks, etc.).

Pretty boys were good for one-night stands (which I gave up on years ago), but "average looking" guys tend to be the best for a friendship/relationship (there are some fucked up average guys too, but the ratio of messed up pretty ones is far greater).

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

Of course r3 and especially r4, "TheAuthority", wont consider that they probably project negative qualities onto more attractive guys to make the attractive guys less intimidating. I wonder what the attractive guys r3 and r4 have dated would say about them?

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2013

Bullshit. I only date gorgeous and perfect men and they are no more fucked up than anybody else. Ugly guys (average as you call them) are the fucked up ones because they all have small cocks, low self esteem and can't get their little 6-incher up because they have body and esteem issues. I'll take a coked out beautiful twink over a needle dicked "average" guy any day.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

R6 is the definition of nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 704/26/2013

R6 is a parody. You CANNOT be for real, can you? No one is truly that fucked up in the head.

You can have your "coked out beautiful twinks." It gets you both off the streets so decent people have some breathing room.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2013

So simple...they want a man who will not leave them. A man who is grateful for the sex.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

Some of you are so jaded. People CAN marry for love.

by Anonymousreply 1004/26/2013

Her last boyfriend, the French hunk, was using her. They broke up not too long ago .

by Anonymousreply 1104/26/2013

Duh. Women always need to be the "pretty one" in a relationship. Particularly as they get older and saggier.

by Anonymousreply 1204/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!