Since 1995

Kathy Bates outs herself

At AFI

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2014

lol

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2013

And immediately ins herself.

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2013

I love Sally but Kathy gave the best answer.. harrison Ford needed someone to explain they were talking about gay marriage...

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2013

I like Kathy. How could you not?

I first realized she was gay back in 1991 when she was in "At Play in the Fields of the Lord". She was less hefty than she is now, but she was "fluffy", and she did a completely nude scene while in the rain forest jungle. Then along came "About Schmidt" in 2002 when she had become even larger, and once again appeared fully nude in a hot tub scene. I think being comfortable in your own skin must be an incredibly freeing feeling, but no straight woman in the world would drop top and trou in a heterosexual film at 5'3 and 220lbs. It ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2013

Funny. I guess you could say that was the Bates' Mo Tell.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2013

Yeah what was up with the deliberately wacky disrespectful interviewer. She deserved the wtf reaction she got.

Kath played about with it and wasn't trying to hide at least.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

YOU PUT THE PENGUIN BACK FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!

by Anonymousreply 1204/26/2013

I thought the interviewer was fine,. She was trying to get a sound bite but everyone was rushing past. If you gave a red carpet with reports and microphones, have the guests stop for a second. Sally was an idiot, she was asking what one of her characters would say, Norma Rae, not her. Norma was a warrior who was fighting for workers rights and I thought a great question. Cher's too, but she took for ever to think up the catchphrase.

by Anonymousreply 1404/26/2013

So is her character on AHS going to be a lesbian or is she talking about a different role?

by Anonymousreply 1504/26/2013

I didn't hear her asdmitting to be a lesbian...

Am I dumb?

by Anonymousreply 1604/26/2013

R16, I guess when she said "it is our right" people's gay antennae went up.

She looked pretty "in character" for her next role though.

by Anonymousreply 1704/26/2013

Kathy Bates and Jennifer Jason Leigh made a very lesbian-seeming mother-daughter pair in Dolores Claiborne.

by Anonymousreply 1804/26/2013

Everyone's teeth looked so bad there. What was up with that. Sally Field looks great for her age. I know she's had plastic surgery but it looks good. She still looks like a human being.

by Anonymousreply 1904/26/2013

[quote]She may well be the first Lesbian to win a best actress Oscar

She may not since Hepburn got 4 before her :)

by Anonymousreply 2004/26/2013

First lesbian to win a Best Actress Oscar? Two years after Jodie won for The Accused?

by Anonymousreply 2104/26/2013

If stars are going to do the red carpet then they should do the red carpet, meaning walk up to each outlet and answer a question or two with the provision that the event they're there to support gets promoted.

Yes, the interviewer was a bit forceful, but it's not like people were stopping and talking to her.

If the stars aren't going to do interviews, then don't walk the red carpet. Go in a side entrance.

by Anonymousreply 2204/26/2013

Oh right, r21, also Jodie!

by Anonymousreply 2304/26/2013

I don't appreciate you people prying into my private life.

by Anonymousreply 2404/26/2013

I think Cher was confused because the interviewer clearly wanted her to say "Snap out of it"....but that didn't really convey which side she is on: How do you feel about gay marriage.....snap out of it....huh?

by Anonymousreply 2504/27/2013

Is Kathy Bates really a lesbian? I've never heard any rumors about her before.

by Anonymousreply 2604/27/2013

Kathy Bates did NOT out herself! She simply said its our right and not the business of the Courts. Then turned around and said I'm getting ready to play a lesbian do you have any ideas! Stop being so quick to judge people!

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2014

Don't forget that I also won an Oscar+ I'm also a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2014

Whether or not Kathy's ex-husband is gay has been discussed here a lot in the past.

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2014
Need more help? Click Here.