Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone noticed that actors near the age of 30 look like shit?

Joseph Gordon Levitt didn't always used to look this homely. Nearly every star near the age of 30 looks like shit. Perhaps my standards are too high but you can really notice that they've shed their good looks.

Females fare better which I presume is as result of the barrel-load of makeup they dump on their face before going out into the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 5904/27/2013

YES.

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

OP, it's not only the old actors, Justin Bieber has started the downhill slide too.

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

OP = winner of the 2013 Victor Buono lookalike contest.

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2013

Alec Baldwin fell apart when he hit 30. Now he could play Heidi's Alpine grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

OP, I never really thought about it, but you're right. Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Christian Bale, James Franco, Jason Segel, and so many others seemed to suddenly turn a corner as soon as they reached their 30s. Meanwhile, a lot of actresses seem to reach their peak in beauty near their mid to late 30s.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

Most actors around the age of 30 are actually 40.

Some guys, not most, I said some, look hotter when they get older.

George Clooney for example. I would never date the young one, but the older one makes for a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

Nobody looks hot forever. I can't believe this would be a surprise to anyone. Those who've studied biology and human sexuality have known for years that the human male reaches his sexual peak at around 17, while the female reaches it at around 35.

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2013

James Franco looks 40.

Johnny Depp managed to look hot well into his 30s.

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

Yes R7, but sexual maturity is different then the exterior aging process.

Men produce sperm until the day they die. Does that mean they will look young that long?

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

No r9, but they'll probably look best when they produce it the most.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

No R9 17 is not the best looking age for a man. You are still growing until you are 24 or so. Then you plateau and start the slow decline.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

r1l, I suppose it's true because you declare it to be so? Please.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

JGL at no time was hot.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

You are a blind fuck r13.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

Levitt? Yum. He's actually stayed hot for quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

Grandpa Alec

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

He looks dirty r15 and not in the hot way.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

Don't hate me for this, but Tom Cruise has always been attractive, even at 50.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

[quote]Those who've studied biology and human sexuality have known for years that the human male reaches his sexual peak at around 17, while the female reaches it at around 35.

That's not really true. Male "sexual peak" is defined in those studies as sexual fertility, which is the ability to produce healthy, viable, mobile sperm and combined with the ability to produce the erections needed to implant that sperm into a woman.

Female "sexual peak" is usually defined in the studies you're thinking of as a woman's ability to enjoy, and subsequently the desire to experience, sex. If you limited female "sexual peak" to just peak in fertility, which is a woman's ability to produce healthy, viable eggs and to maintain a pregnacy full term, then a woman's "peak" would be in her late teens as well.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

No, no, no. Many men get way better looking as they get older. There face and neck fill out, there whole body gets more balanced. That hot young guy is usually a little raw-boned and doesn't know what expression to put on his face. An older man with a confident look and real lived in muscle, not the hormone flood that pushes everything out, is my fabulous favorite.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

[quote]there face and neck fill out

Another way of saying they lose their looks.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

OP is a buffoon. JGL looks Great, and better than before, so do many actors.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

Leavitt and Franco have gotten better as they've aged.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

Ashton Kutcher looks like crap on his tv show but isn't so awful in pap pics.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

from [20] to [25], i.e., "Was not cute in my 20's but I figured it out and I look awesome now" (just extrapolating) - There you fucking go [21]!

If you like the boyish boy look so much, you are (or already are) going to be out of luck as you age out of the "no possible way to seem a non-criminal, non-paying companion to those beautiful young things". Not good-looking, not able to give as good as they get, merely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

Well, that explains the cast of GLEE.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

Most guys are better-looking as they age. The really pretty ones -- Antonio Sabato types -- peak around 25. But the great majority of masculine-looking men hit their peak around 40 (if they don't get too fat)

Hugh Jackman Dylan McDermott LL Cool J Mario Lopez Gerard Butler John Schneider John Stamos Tom Cruise Patrick Wilson Will Smith Chris Cuomo Matt Damon

Channing Tatum is very pretty now but he will be gruesome in about 6 years

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

Channing Tatum was pretty 6 years ago. Now he looks like he has tard face.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

r28, you're living in fantasyland.

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

Rob Lowe smashes OP's theory.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

OP is the pedo who loves JGL in Mysterious Skin.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

I don't agree, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

This is kinda near topic but not quite with what this thread is about. Can someone start a thread on body building tips? Advice and tips DLers can give to newbies who want to build up their body and what exercises can give great results. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

R34, what a dumb thread topic.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

Agree with R13. I just can't get past JGL as the gawky kid in 3rd Rock. Just as well I never saw Shia LaBeef in Even Stevens, he was off the scale ugly as a kid and I would find that really distracting if I watched whatever shit he was in.

I find JGL overrated in everything, especially acting. It didn't help he was in the smug hipster nightmare 500 Days of Summer, though I did like him in 50/50.

With regards to the original question, I'm not sure. You usually hit a wall past age 35. I think most men peak in their 30s, mostly early 30s. Some like Keanu Reeves age incredibly well, genes play a part. Depp and Pitt no doubt have been subtly tweaked over the years to stay in the spotlight till age 50.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2013

r35 = fat cunt

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2013

JGL looked good in Looper.

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013

I agree. Cosmetic procedures seem to look better on women so they can pull off being old much better. There's plenty of beautiful actresses around 40 or older but all the actors look like hell by 35 at the latest.

by Anonymousreply 3904/26/2013

OP, I've noticed this too. JGL, James Franco, Leo DiCaprio, and countless others lost their looks rapidly after 30.

by Anonymousreply 4004/26/2013

I agree most men peak before 30. But Matt Damon is one who got better looking as he got older.

I think George Clooney is a lot uglier once he hit 30.

Travolta looked good in his 30s. It's only been in the last 10 years he slid all downhill.

by Anonymousreply 4104/26/2013

OP, please learn the difference between "standards" and "delusions."

by Anonymousreply 4204/26/2013

[quote]I think George Clooney is a lot uglier once he hit 30.

I would never use the word "ugly" to describe George Clooney, but the only time I wanted to bone him was when he was on Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 4304/26/2013

No- not at all as a generalization.

by Anonymousreply 4404/26/2013

Most white folks don't age well.

by Anonymousreply 4504/26/2013

That generation is debauched. Blow, cigs, meth, "molly", and so on. I think looking good into real adulthood requires a sense of self-preservation. This skanked out generation doesn't possess that kind of awareness.

by Anonymousreply 4604/26/2013

JGL peaked as David Collins.

by Anonymousreply 4704/26/2013

[quote]...didn't always used to look...

My ears!!!! Have mercy on my ears!!

by Anonymousreply 4804/26/2013

[quote]I agree. Cosmetic procedures seem to look better on women so they can pull off being old much better. There's plenty of beautiful actresses around 40 or older but all the actors look like hell by 35 at the latest.

I dunno.. men have a different type of skin, thicker(?) - yes I just google checked - age slower and can pull off the wrinkles, they get called rugged and some say better looking as they age. Ageing is one among many advantages of being a man, sexual peak is where women get the last laugh.

Men don't suit the plastic surgery though, whereas it works better for women like you say with their type of skin.

James Franco is a great example of bad ageing, not that you would kick him out of bed or anything but for several years he has had shockingly deep eye wrinkles (you see it when he does the trademark shit eating grin). Compare this to his twinkly brother Dave.

Gerard Butler is another one that was mentioned. I was thinking he got that L'Oreal skin care gig cause he was rugged and masculine to give it wider appeal beyond the metros, but he looks like shit! Last person I'd use.

by Anonymousreply 4904/26/2013

Michael Fassbender has aged the worst of the lot. Absolutely horrific skin, teeth, and eye wrinkles.

James Franco and Gerard Butler are close behind him.

by Anonymousreply 5004/26/2013

Agree with R46. And most actors smoke at least one substance, despite knowing it can cause seemingly-sudden facial consequences.

The female actors just nonchalantly pay to re-acquire the face they had before! NBD!

by Anonymousreply 5104/26/2013

[quote]If you limited female "sexual peak" to just peak in fertility, which is a woman's ability to produce healthy, viable eggs and to maintain a pregnacy full term, then a woman's "peak" would be in her late teens as well.

The perfect fertility peak for women is actually 22+, since the pregnancy can apparently be harder on very young girls, so their is slightly more risk, even if the eggs are obviously in top shape.

But this sexual peak stuff is about lust. "Men" are at their absolute horniest at 17/18 and women are at 33-35. Although it has to be noted that 33-35 year old men are still hornier than their female counterparts, the sexes just come closest at that age.

by Anonymousreply 5204/26/2013

Ditto R46. You can also tell how much they live in the moment and have no thought for their future looks by all the tattoos they get. That shit will look like hell on their 40 year old bodies.

by Anonymousreply 5304/26/2013

Franco tries to look crappy- he idolizes Benecio Del Toro, who is craggy deluxe. That's why he's always squinching his face and eyes.

by Anonymousreply 5404/26/2013

I think JGL still looks great - and I say that as an ephebophile.

by Anonymousreply 5604/27/2013

Jared Leto is the opposite. 40 and doesn't look like he's aged a day.

by Anonymousreply 5704/27/2013

That could have a lot to do with why I still find Leavitt, Lowe, and Franco attractive, R55. I've always liked me some Nice Jewish Boys.

by Anonymousreply 5804/27/2013

Ryan Phillippe is another who hasn't aged. He's 38, but I've seen him close up and he barely looks 25.

by Anonymousreply 5904/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.