Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Help me, tasteful graphic designers

Doesn't the spacing around the W look off?

by Anonymousreply 1304/26/2013

The lettering on the building looks fine but George H.W. Bush's pink socks stand out like a sore thumb. Funny as he never struck me as being a particularly flashy dresser in the past. Maybe old age does that to you.

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

Since everything appears to be spelled correctly, W probably didn't have anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

OP are you suggesting is should have been "dubya"?

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2013

It's an optical illusion, of sorts.

Because the letters are spaced by the letters, and not the period, the W seems closer to the B than the E because the . makes for a smaller gap.

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

The period after the "W" does add visual "weight" to the right side, so compensation should have been adjusted on the left, but both outer serifs of the "W" are the same distance from the "E" and "B" respectively making it look wonky.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

I'm happy to see a photo of all the living Presidents together. Republican or Democrat, you have to appreciate the moment. It rarely happens.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

Thank you, R4 and R5. They should not have ignored the period.

by Anonymousreply 704/26/2013

No, I don't think it's just the period that's throwing it off. It appears that if the W were just a hair left as it should have been, it would have been on the seam of the blocks. They should have moved "George" over a touch and it would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2013

W needs to be nudged to the left, oh, and fuck Bush.

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2013

The photo was also taken at an angle, so that may be contributing to the optical illusion.

The photographer is obviuosly straight. Or a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1004/26/2013

Tear down that BITCH of a W and put a W where it OUGHT TO BE!

by Anonymousreply 1104/26/2013

Damn. Even though the picture is small, Carter looks very robust.

by Anonymousreply 1204/26/2013

I just want to know if you can check out My Pet Goat?

by Anonymousreply 1304/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.