Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I hate cleaning up other prople's work messes

In short, someone sent out unreviewed budget numbers to a funder. I know have to go back to that funder and explain the difference. The person who sent them moved to another department.

People here say that we have a good relationship and that they are cool.

The difference is over $900k.

by Pit in my stomachreply 704/25/2013

Know = now.

by Pit in my stomachreply 104/25/2013

I feel your pain.

We just had another reorg at work. Everybody's job description was changed and nobody has been trained on stuff they weren't doing before.

I got stuck dealing with a bunch of crap that fell through the cracks. Not happy about it.

by Pit in my stomachreply 204/25/2013

At least you bitches have jobs...

by Pit in my stomachreply 304/25/2013

Isn't that's why they call it work? If everything were always done correctly the first time, few of us would have jobs at all.

by Pit in my stomachreply 404/25/2013

Maybe you'll get a raise or a bonus.

by Pit in my stomachreply 504/25/2013

What kinds of jobs do OP and R2 have? They sound bizarre.

by Pit in my stomachreply 604/25/2013

Please, OP. Grow up. It's the best possible position to be in. As an institutional representative making things right in the exalted name of your organization, you simply can subtly besmirch the name and reputation of your predecessor, take credit for discovery of the issue, and provide assurances to the funder that you are now on top of things.

Internally, you make certain that the right people are aware of the incompetent shit's error - and pattern of errors if that is the case. You can do this subtly, as well.

Since you said "funder" it sounds like you're in a non-profit or service-based organization seeking grant or donative funding. Does the budget represent your organization as a whole as part of a proposal process, or does it pertain to your expenses for something the funder gave you?

If the former, it DOES make it look like your organization is a bit out of its depth, but funders' reps tend to be very tolerant of smaller organizations, especially if there is a relationship in place that just needs sensitive stewarding. If you're in a big organization, pity.

If the latter (the error is in granted funds), it's more serious but also quite fixable. I run across this all the time. Better that it's caught on your end and not something the funder is asking about. However, isn't there an audit process in place, or responsible financial staff, to keep tabs?

by Pit in my stomachreply 704/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!