Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barney Frank Compares The Tea Party To al-Qeada

"I wonder how the right wing in America feels about being aligned with al-Qaeda," Frank said. "There is an irony that the most active anti-gay [groups] are al-Qaeda and the American right-wing."

Sorry, Barney, but bad move.

by Anonymousreply 4804/27/2013

How is it a bad move? It's the truth, his supporters agree with him, and he's retiring soon.

Avaunt thee, freeper.

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

I agree with Barney Frank. Any sane American would.

OP, fuck off back to the Freak Republic (and I don't mean freak in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

Well, both groups are extremists so not far off the mark.

Let be honest, the "tea party" is not exactly preaching give an take or moderation. They see everything as black and white, that make you more extreme by definition.

They also have twisted understanding of Tea Party. The original one was resisting taxes by a FOREIGN government, meaning England, not a protest against their own government.

Extremists seem to do just that, twist the original meaning of some thing the act like its a message from god.

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

r3: It's not unfair at all, and perhaps you should go play with your unhinged tinhat freak friends instead of bothering adults here with your stupid accusations of pedophilia. Congressional pages are not children, they're college students. And you're a shit-licking right-wing apologist troll. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

Thank you, R5.

Fuck off, OP and homophobic fuck at R3.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

Barney Frank can say whatever he wants. There's nothing anyone can do about it because he's no longer an elected official.

He even said on Rachel's show that retirement affords him the ability to speak his mind and do what he wants. This is what he wants and good for him.

Anyone who has been observing the Tea Party knows would agree with Frank. Although they have yet to graduate to the level beheadings and bombings, their extreme ideology against women, gays and open-minded people are basically the same.

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

Barney is right - AGAIN

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

Bad move, OP? Only if by "bad move" you actually meant "only logical conclusion that can be drawn when the facts are looked at."

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

R7 is one of the, bizarre responses I've read on the DL in quite a while...

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

Each is as hateful about homosexuality as the other, R11.

Surely you've heard of Osama bin Robertson and Osama bin Falwell before.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

"I get the tea party hate, but why call them al Qeada? Wouldn't that be like them calling Barney Frank an AIDS faggot or something equally repugnant?"

No it wouldn't be the same thing at all. And if you don't understand the difference, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

He didn't "call them al Qeada" you lying piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

[quote]Hows THAT for a reply, cunt?

Kind of crappy, to be honest.

But I don't expect much from het freeper trolls, so perhaps I'm judging you too harshly. You did seem to have hit the correct keys.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

Of course he is right. The Tea Party and their allies (if they are not in the Tea Party) among religious fundementalism in the US is very similar in dogmatic idealism (however vile) based on perverted religious justification.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Barney Frank is an a..hole. And anyone who has had dealings with him in DC knows this. He is a despicable POS.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

Barney Frank thinks that sub-prime mortgages are the solution to low-income housing.

He is a whore for the Too-Big-To-Jail Banks.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

Really R19? One of my best friends for the past 35 years knows Barney very well and would beg to differ. (He's Treas of the DNC.)

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

[quote] Anyone who has been observing the Tea Party knows would agree with Frank. Although they have yet to graduate to the level beheadings and bombings, their extreme ideology against women, gays and open-minded people are basically the same.

Quoted for truth.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

Good post R22- exactly.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

R5, even if your assertion was correct comparing Barny Frank with the Tea Party, (which its not) Barny Frank is not currently dating any pages and has not for decades. And by the way they were adults. Old enough to send to off to war.

The Tea Party however is actively engaging in extreme behavior which they should be called out for.

There is a difference between what someone did decades ago, (like George Bush and Cocaine Addiction) and what is going on now.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

Barney Frank Speaks the Truth, and OP can't handle it.

This clip from "The Newsroom" nails it.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

The hate-meter is spining wildly at this time.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

[quote]I absolutely, unapologetically HATE the fucking tea party, but saying shit like that is both unfair and unnecessarily provocative. Why can't we have political discord without all the hate speech? Just completely uncalled for.

R3, I couldn't disagree more. It's perfectly fair, completely accurate, and necessary truth.

It's not hate-speech. It's factual. The hate-speech is coming FROM the Tea Party. Pointing that fact out isn't hate-speech. It's completely called-for. In fact, it's mandatory.

I hate morons like you that cannot differentiate between cause and effect.

I'm sick of so many people in this country denying or tip-toeing around the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

R26 you just argued the point that the Tea Party is radical and wants to take down the current government.

That qualify as extreme fringe in my book. They should all be on the No Fly List.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

Former Tea Party member says it was racist/homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

"I've never heard anyone on the left or right call Frank out as a pedophile, but someone could easily charge as much considering his past issue with Congressional pages. What a cunt."

The only "cunt" is you, you stupid homophobic piece of trash. He isn't a pedophile, accusing gays of being pedophiles is what homophobes do. The pages are teenagers, anyway, they aren't prepubescent children. People who throw out pedophilia accusations are usually uneducated people who don't read and don't even know what pedophilia means.

The Tea Party is unbelievably homophobic. Ask yourself this - How many anti-gay ballot initiatives were started by Al-Qaeda and how many were created by people belonging to the religious right?

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

Mean ol' Barney Frank is so mean! He has made up a mean lie about how the Tea Party's opinions regarding gay people are similar to al-Qeada's. Everyone knows this is not true, because Barney Frank is the one who said it, and he is a really mean person, so that proves it is a lie.

He's so MEAN!

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

r33, you shouldn't steal Sarah Palin's quotes without crediting her.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

Sadly, I know a gay man that thinks the Tea Party is right, even worse, not conservative enough for him.

He loves being the bottom in extreme BDSM play but really, he should keep that self loathing hurt me shit in the bedroom not the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2013

OP, he didn't compare them, he simply asked the Tea Party how it felt to share an oppressive cause with as-Qaeda.

It's a very good, let alone legitimate and inoffensive question.

And how the fuck is it a bad move? What does he have to fear from the Tea Party? Even when he was in office, let alone now.

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2013

Make that a SHIT sandwich, R5.

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013

Barney Frank can be a drama queen, but that's not always a bad thing. There are times when drama is needed. He did an outstanding job in Congress for many years.

by Anonymousreply 3904/25/2013

R32 is a vile person.

by Anonymousreply 4004/25/2013

Wow, for once the freeper did fuck off back to free republic.

by Anonymousreply 4104/25/2013

If you make up a list of similarities and differences between The Tea Party and Al-Qeada... there will be a LOT more similarities.

by Anonymousreply 4204/26/2013

r7, that's "toeing" a line, not towing. As in when you line up, you put your toe on the line.

by Anonymousreply 4304/26/2013

OP is just another sick Freeper troll.

by Anonymousreply 4404/26/2013

I saw him one on one with O'Reilly this AM and he seemed to be in the early stages of dementia to me. Something was off, and he wasn't making his points as well as I have seen him in the past.

by Anonymousreply 4504/27/2013

The Tea Party is more akin to mainstream Islam in this.

by Anonymousreply 4604/27/2013

Barney Frank is correct, as usual.

When will people learn that Barney is smarter than they are and whining about that fact doesn't actually change it?

by Anonymousreply 4704/27/2013

Here are more realistic analogies regarding attitudes to homosexuality:

Democrats = Islamist reformers like Irshad Manjii (very small group)

Tea Party = Mainstream Islam

Focus on the Family etc. = Non-violent Islamists

Westboro Baptist Church = Al Qaeda

by Anonymousreply 4804/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!