Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barbara Bush on Jeb run: 'We've had enough Bushes'

Barbara Bush on Jeb run: 'We've had enough Bushes'

Associated Press - 34 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Amid the celebration surrounding the opening of son George W. Bush's presidential library Thursday, former first lady Barbara Bush brushed aside talk of a Jeb Bush run for the White House in 2016.

Appearing in an interview from Dallas on NBC's "Today" show, Mrs. Bush was asked if she thought that Jeb, the former governor of Florida, should seek the presidency.

"He's by far the best qualified man," Mrs. Bush said, "but no."

"We've had enough Bushes," she said, saying "it's not just four families, or whatever."

The Bush family matriarch went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates, telling anchor Matt Lauer, "There are people out there" who are qualified. Mrs. Bush, who had a reputation for bluntness when her husband George H.W. Bush was president, spoke from the site of the presidential library. On Wednesday, George W. Bush told CNN he thought Jeb Bush should run.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

[quote]'We've had enough Bushes'

Starting with your husband, Barbara. And definitely with your moron son, W.

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

Did she mention the "people out there" who are qualified or does she actually know the truth?

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

We've had enough of what's come out of YOUR bush, Bar.

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2013

Why would they want to move into a shitty house in a bad part of town?

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

WOW! She really is a passive-aggressive cunt.

I'm sure Jeb is THRILLED she did this.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

"It's not just four families?"!!? Is she referring to the Illuminati?

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

And there we have it. Barbara hates Jeb. Imagine the mommy issues he must have.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

Kennedy, Bush, Clinton and...?

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

I just heard her in an interview with David Greene on NPR. He asked if any of Dubya's paintings are displayed with Bush artifacts in the museum area. She came right out and said that his art work isn't good enough for that.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

I remember Jesse Jackson warning the American public during the GW first presidential campaign "STAY OUT OF THE BUSHES!"

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

That old bitch is right.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

Ringooooooo.......R10.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

My God she is just breathtakingly nasty. If I didn't detest her I would admire her bitchery skills.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

R10

I was under the impression she was referring to families that have had multiple members as President. That would be the Adams, Harrisons, Roosevelts and Bushs.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

"Kennedy, Bush, Clinton and...?"

Roosevelt (cousins), Adams (father and son)

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

[quote]I'm sure Jeb is THRILLED she did this.

[quote]I just heard her in an interview with David Greene on NPR. He asked if any of Dubya's paintings are displayed with Bush artifacts in the museum area. She came right out and said that his art work isn't good enough for that.

Say it with me, kids:

No one cunts like Bar Bush. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

Considering that hell will freeze over before this country elects another Bush, her advice should work out quite well for him.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

She should be interviewed more often.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

r19 it might interest you to know that none other than Richard M. Nixon was in awe of her cuntism.

"Barbara Bush: Now THAT'S a woman who knows how to hate"

he admired her ability to hold a grudge and get revenge.

On another note, there must be pigs in the sky because I finally agree with something a Bush said.

You are quite correct Babs, we don't need another one of you. Although, now that your family has raped the world and taken everything you could, I guess you don't have to run another one of your mentally deranged children for office.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

Maybe marrying that 'brown' woman was Jeb's slap in the face to his dear mother

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

Do you think that sorority shrew who went nuts had Babs in mind when she came up with the phrase "cunt punt"?

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

As a Quaker, why did Nixon admire her hating skills?

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Let's not speak to Posy today.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

I wonder if she likes ANY of her children?

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

All the opponents of manscaping are going to really hate Barbara Bush for promoting the removal of bushes.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

Yes, OP, and then he was grounded and his mother made him review flashcards for 2 weeks for contradicting her.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

r25, have you just come back from sixty years on a desert island or something?

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

@R13...I was thinking the same thing. I'm sick of all the Jacksons too. The dead patriarch Andrew, Jesse Sr(crook), Jesse Jr(crook), dead Michael, barren Janet, the nobody brothers and sisters and the one hit wonder(Pulp Fiction) Samuel L.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

Maybe she just isn't sure that another one can win, after so many Bushes. Just hedging her bets.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

In a way, I admire Barb for having the balls to say this. There are many political families - on both sides of the political fence - who just on the basis on their last names alone, believe they deserve an elected post on that basis alone. Most don't even do very much. If you wish the serve the public, why not do something which actively serves the public instead of sitting around in DC?

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

[quote]the one hit wonder(Pulp Fiction) Samuel L.

One-hit wonder? Seriously?!

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

Part of the problem is the two-party system. Of course you're going to have the same families when you have limited choices to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.