Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm spending the weekend in Washington, DC

What are the newest and most fun attractions/neighborhoods? I'll be staying in Woodfield Park.

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013

Woodfield Park? You will be lucky to not get murdered

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

The National Gallery has a great glory hole in te restroom on the 3rd floor. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2013

Woodley Park. You will be close to Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle. Enjoy the free museums and try some of the smaller less touristy Smithsonian museums. A good production of Hello Dolly is at Ford's Theater so you can see the show and visit the museum as well.

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

Anywhere good to eat in Woodley??

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

If I were in DC today, the place I'd most like to eat is Le Diplomate, a new French bistro at 14th and Q in Logan Circle.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

the new eagle

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2013

There's no such thing as "Woodfield Park." You must mean "Woodley Park."

I would try the U Street/14th Street corridors, particularly where those two streets meet. Le Diplomate is new, but the food is supposed to be horrendous, R6. I would try The Pig, Pearl Dive or even Tortilla Coast first. H Street is supposedly fun, but a bitch to get to. Logan Circle has some great new restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

Not what I've heard, R8, re: the food at Le Diplomate.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

Well, that's certainly fine for you, R9. But just last night, I was speaking with two people who had been there and were not impressed with the food, period.

You sound like a Le Diplomate shill.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

Oh, let's have a hissy fit, R9.

I'm not a shill. I don't even live in DC, and I'm in no way connected with Starr.

I wish were there, though, because everyone but your two friends has raved about it. I've had two separate "you have to get down here and try this" phone calls, and the place has only been open a couple of weeks.

I wonder if the enormous popularity of the place has been more than they can handle, that your friends hated it.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

Which is it, R12?

[quote]Okay, calm down.

[quote]Very typical D.C. cunt-pack behavior.

I am simply someone who had the joy of living in Logan Circle prior to 2000 (the year DC started to become fabulous).

I moved back to Dupont after a year because there was literally nowhere to eat in Logan except Popeye's and the 7-11. So you'll excuse me if I'm a little enthusiastic.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

Why are those two mutually exclusive? They're not.

Yes, we're all excited about it and many other restaurants that are opening in the neighborhood. Again though, I was merely offering a different opinion from two of my friends who had recently been there. What is your problem?

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

You called me a cunt-pack. Duh.

[quote]Frankly, you seem a little overly invested in proving that I'm "wrong" (as well as my friends who you've unnecessarily trashed). Very typical D.C. cunt-pack behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

If you aren't part of one, why would you be offended?

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

So you should be allowed to call anyone anything you like ("shill," "cunt-pack"), and as long as they aren't one, they shouldn't feel hurt, and everything's okay?

Well, you and I are different. To begin with, I don't think I called you any names.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

[quote]Anywhere good to eat in Woodley??

I like Lebanese Taverna, but I'm not a new-restaurant chaser. Frankly, I only go to Woodley Park when hooking up with businessmen staying at the Hyatt. H Street is a blast. If you like the bears, there's a bear happy hour tomorrow night at the Biergarten Haus.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Depending on your age, there's a Tracks Reunion Party at Town Saturday night, celebrating the best nightclub around from the 80-90s.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

Are you attending the WHC Dinner, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

Yea, but "the enormous popularity was more than my friends could handle"? A ridiculous, bitchy response. Not technically name-calling, but it's something. As if my friends were some suburban fraus from Falls Church who bused in for the night and just didn't get what all the fuss was about.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

R21 No, silly. I was wondering if the sudden, enormous popularity was more than [italic]the restaurant] could handle.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

I misunderstood you in that case, R22. I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

Oh, no. I'm sorry.

It's kind of funny, actually. I didn't mean it that way, but it's the best laugh I've had today. And I don't mean to insult you or your friends by saying that. Honest.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

The Afghan Grill is around the corner from Lebanese Taverna and it's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

Try the new McDonalds there. The special sauce is to die for.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

[quote]Depending on your age, there's a Tracks Reunion Party at Town Saturday night, celebrating the best nightclub around from the 80-90s.

I'm scouring my closets for my little itty bitty backpack, refillable one liter pump lube jug, cut off jean shorts and combat boots. Mental note: see if my coke dealer is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

If you're in Woodley Park, I highly recommend you go to Adams Morgan and go to the Black Squirrel. Also, since you'll only be a few metro stops from Dupont Circle, you might as well check out the gayborhood (and go to the Phillips Collection while you're there). Others may disagree, but the only decent gay bar is Number 9...a short walk away from Dupont (Logan Circle).

DC isn't horrible...I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

[quote]If you like the bears, there's a bear happy hour tomorrow night at the Biergarten Haus.

I looooove Biergarten Haus, but I didn't know they had a Bear Night. Oh well, unless you're a fellow bear those queeny bitches aren't interested.

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

I love Guapo's in TenleyTown.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

[quote]I looooove Biergarten Haus, but I didn't know they had a Bear Night. Oh well, unless you're a fellow bear those queeny bitches aren't interested.

Tomorrow night's the first bear night there. It's a bit of a splinter group from the usual Bear Crowd at Town, and we've been hanging out on the rooftop of the Rock N' Roll Hotel the 2nd friday of the month since last summer. It's a better, friendlier crowd, but as a not-quite-bear myself, I hear ya on the bitchiness. Love the Haus too, but going to the Nats game tomorrow night, so I'm going to miss out on this.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

R13, I don't get it. Logan Circle isn't exactly that far from Dupont. One can live in LC and still easily get to Dupont for the restaurants. If the weather isn't horrible, I find many areas of NW DC easily accessible by foot. I used to work right above the Dupont Metro and walk to the U Street/Shaw Metro area restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

Someone needs to cunt-punt that cunt-pact!

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

This was long ago, R33, back in the '80s. Logan Circle didn't always seem like the safest neighborhood after dark, and I refused to give up my parking space. Plus I walked around all day at work, so walking anywhere else when I got home at night was the last thing I wanted to do.

As for R34, go right a-fucking head, you fat, stinking, pus-filled piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

Woodley Pary is tired. I would go to the hottest spot in town, the 14th street corridor. Masa 14 has great drinks--nice happy hour and roof top deck. Estadio has the best tapas in town, but it's tough to get a table after 6pm. Bistro le Bonne is a great little french bistro on U street. The newest restaurant, Le Diplomat is great for ambiance, but the food is so so for the price. Have fun.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2013

Chiming in here to attest to the existence of (well, several) cunt-packs in D.C. And there are some really mean-girl type guys in them.

Also, I'm interested to hear that there's now a splinter BHH that is meeting tomorrow night at Haus. That might be something I'd actually be interested in going to. The regular BHH is really exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2013

r37, check out Bear Nonsense on Facebook for details on the splinter BHH.

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!