Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Should pressure cookers be banned in the US?

I'm not sure I feel comfortable about the fact that anyone could just waltz into a Sears or JC Penney's and buy a pressure cooker. I mean, does anyone really need one-pot meals?

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3704/26/2013

What are they gonna do when they find out you can kill people with guns?

by Stacey Campfieldreply 104/25/2013

Another freeper asshole false equivalency argument, easily refuted.

The purpose of a pressure cooker is to cook. 99.999999999% of people use them this way, and no one gets hurt.

The ONLY purpose for a gun (even when it's used legally) is to harm or kill. Period.

Eat bleach, loser.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 204/25/2013

The solution is to make sure EVERONE has a pressure cooker. If all of the runners and spectators at the Boston Marathon had had a pressure cooker, the tragedy never would have happened.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 304/25/2013

I'll give mine up if they will give up their guns.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 404/25/2013

Also, the components to build a gun are not banned. Just like how most of the components of a bomb are not illegal, but the complete product (the bomb) is.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 504/25/2013

I thought it said does a time need a pressure cooker and I said yes only to see that it's asking if they should be banned. Ugh!!!

by Stacey Campfieldreply 604/25/2013

This is a straw man argument. Set up a fake analogy to justify gun ownership.

R2 is correct. Guns are for killing things.

Last year The Centers for Disease Control says 11,493 people died from gun homicide.

Think about it, that is 4 times the amount of people who died on 9/11, every year. All gun related.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 704/25/2013

I use a slow cooker these days but I notice a lot of 'ethnics' like to cook their curries in pressure cookers. Enough said.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 804/25/2013

As an aside, I never used a pressure cooker, nor used an oven in my whole life. I grew up with horror stories from my mother about pressure cookers exploding in one's face due to unsecured covers, and exploding ovens due to gas leaks that it scarred me for life. As an adult, and I know I should know better by now, it's still an odd phobia. Every time I hear the word, it freezes me for a second or two and a gruesome image of a bloodied face pops up. LOL. childhood memories....

by Stacey Campfieldreply 904/25/2013

R2 another clueless asshole.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1004/25/2013

No but fireworks should be!!

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1104/25/2013

[quote] does anyone really need one-pot meals?

What are you talking about? It's not a crockpot.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1204/25/2013

You realize that the pressure cooker is used for it's locking top, it is not actually an explosive, op?

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1304/25/2013

Pressure cookers have killed few Americans in the last decade.

Guns, however...that's a thousand Americans each and every month.

Why do we spend so much money on protecting America from Iran and Korea, yet we do nothing to keep our streets, schools, malls, and movie theaters safe?

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1404/25/2013

Oh really R10? Did you happen to notice who the OP signed his name as?

The same Senator who made a joke about cookers and gun control, that's who.

R2 called the OP out quick and clean. You are just mad because no one took the bait in such a ridiculous comparison he was trying to set up.

You are the one so clueless you didnt see the reference in the OP's name.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1504/25/2013

When pressure cookers are outlawed only outlaws will have pressure cookers.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1604/25/2013

only if used with a fine ensemble of earrings and caftans

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1704/25/2013

Williams-Sonoma pulls pressure cookers out of respect

A local news outlet is reporting that the home-goods retailer, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers from their shelves in the aftermath of the Boston attack.

According to the Dedham Patch, Williams-Sonoma has pulled pressure cookers off the shelves out of respect for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Kent, a store manager of the Williams-Sonoma at the Natick Mall says:

"It's a temporary thing out of respect."

Authorities have confirmed that pressure cookers were used by the two men who planned and carried out the bombing at the Boston Marathon last Monday.

Williams-Sonoma says that the product will still be available online.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1804/25/2013

Pressure cookers don't kill people, people kill people

by Stacey Campfieldreply 1904/25/2013

I'm sure those boys bought those $250 pressure cookers at a Williams Sonoma.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2004/25/2013

r9, you do know that there are electric ovens, right? I know in Asia ovens are not common, but I couldn't manage without one.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2104/25/2013

The real danger is fondue pots. For the sake of the children, when will the truth come out?

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2204/25/2013

R22 The real conspiracy is waffle irons.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2304/25/2013

Uh, let's just try to stick on the gun subject, freeper SS.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2404/25/2013

I keep all my kitchenware under lock and key. Dinner can take a little longer to prepare but safety first!

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2504/26/2013

You will have to pry my mother's pressure cooker from her cold dead hands.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2604/26/2013

On't orget a'out 'itherth!

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2704/26/2013

What doesn't help is the MEDIA giving these people all the glory they crave with huge media coverage. That can only encourage copycats. Same with mass murderers and spree killers. Killers of all kinds.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2804/26/2013

r21, lol, yes, but we had the gas kind in the home where I grew up in, so it never stuck. And, yes, I know it's an illogical phobia ;)

by Stacey Campfieldreply 2904/26/2013

The pressure cooker was vital to the survival of the farmers that homesteaded America I grew up on a farm and we produced all our own food. We ate because we canned. Of course you don't ban the pressure cooker

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3004/26/2013

Interesting that they have not released what brand of pressure cooker the brothers Tsarnaev used in the attack. I'm betting it was a Hamilton Beach.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3104/26/2013

My friend's sister was injured by a pressure cooker when we were kids. She was in the kitchen when it exploded. This was around 1984. Because of that, I've never bought one. I'm sure they're safer now but I could never own one. This has nothing to do with them being used as bombs.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3204/26/2013

[R32] Pressure cookers are always has some danger. You have to know how to use it and never vary or try and speed up the process. [R31] Cuisinart withdrew all their pressure cookers temporarily in response. I THOUGHT it was because it was their products that were used.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3304/26/2013

Freepers are always so stupid.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3404/26/2013

Stacey Campfield is a piece of shit.

His blog reads as though someone from "The Onion" wrote it.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3504/26/2013

R33, I don't see how an electric pressure cooker could be used to make a bomb. An electric pressure cooker's lid doesn't lock without electricity.

R32, there are some safety factors involved in using a pressure cooker. Most if not all explosions are caused by a clogged vent. Because of that, there are certain foods that produce a lot of foam that I would never cook in a pressure cooker. I carefully clean and check the vent before I cook.

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3604/26/2013

They can't explode When preparing food.

All bets are off when you load anything with gunpowder!

They are made with a pressure relief plug that blows out after a certain high pressure is reached.

Yes, it is possible to be burned by steam and boiling hot food shooting out of this plug hole, but you will not have a shrapnel situation.

Peeps is SO ignunt!

by Stacey Campfieldreply 3704/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.