Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

George W. Bush urges Jeb Bush to run for President

Apr. 24

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President George W. Bush says he has advice for his brother and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush — "Run."

For president, that is.

In an interview aired Wednesday with ABC News, the former president says his brother would be, in his words, a "marvelous candidate."

Whether Jeb Bush ultimately does run, his brother added, is a "very personal decision."

Bush and his wife, Laura, granted ABC the interview ahead of Thursday's opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Center at Southern Methodist University.

Of a possible contest between his brother and Hillary Rodham Clinton, both of whom are likely attendees at Thursday's center dedication ceremony, Bush joked that the mere idea would "be a fantastic photo here."

He added: "It would certainly eclipse the museum and the center."

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

Just what we need.

by Anonymousreply 104/25/2013

I am my brother's freeper.

by Anonymousreply 204/25/2013

He needs more dildos

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

[italic]In translation:[/italic]

The only Republicans who win are named Nixon or Bush.

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

This country isn't ready to put another Bush in the White House this soon. The Bushes are 0-2 when it comes to successful Presidencies but you better believe that pumpkin head Chris Matthews and that smug dyke Hillary hating Rachel Maddow will talk Jeb up.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

What's the deal between Rachel and Hillary, R6?

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2013

Good question r7! I wish I knew. When Hillary was running in 2008, Rachel could never find anything good to say about Hillary. Even some of Hillary's other critics would give her credit due from time to time but not Rachel. Maybe Hillary rejected her advances or something. Who knows.

If Hillary runs in 2016, I want her and Rachel to have a one on one, if Rachel has the balls for it.

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

Doubt Maddow will "talk up Jeb."

Meanwhile, I DO hope they put up Jeb because it will mean another Republican loss. The Republicans think enough time has passed and they can rehabilitate the Bush name. They have NO idea how damaged the "brand" is. All the better for the left.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

Perhaps Rachel got caught up in the same Obama vs. Hillary rivalry in 2008 that a lot of other people did.

I'm assuming some of that will blow over by 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

Well said r9! I totally agree. I think a whole generation needs to pass on before a Bush ever has a chance of getting back the White House. That sorry ass father and son did not do this country any favors, especially the son.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

Probably time I finally cracked open my copy of "Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America."

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

I read it last year, R12. I think it's by Russ Baker, yes? I thought it was very good. It goes into a lot of research that you won't find in the mainstream media. Details the history of the Bush family going back to the days of Senator Prescott Bush and his dealings with the Nazis and financial elite.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

Was the Kitty Kelley Bush book any good?

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

Well, it certainly has some dirt on the Bush Family in it, R14. I read that one too and it has a few areas in common with "Family of Secrets".

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

I KNOW Jeb Bush will be our next president. It's all scripted. Under the cover of a supposedly "liberal" president (who is basically carrying on where Bush II left off) they're paving the road for Bush III.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

Not a chance. If they are smart they will run Chris Christy. He will defiantly get in some zingers but in the end of the day, no one will vote for a FATTY in the White House.

How many people that size do you know that live over the age of 50?

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

Jeb's the man!

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Job would be our 2nd Catholic President, I would like to see that before I die, so I am going to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

I hope a pineapple viciously rapes you.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

[quote]If they are smart they will run Chris Christy.

It depends whether Christie can get through the primaries. The right-wing Republicans think he betrayed them for working with Obama during Hurricane Sandy. They think he is too liberal.

Look how long it took for Romney to beat Santorum last year.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

Yes R19 that would be the best way to pick the person for the most powerful job in the world. Base it on his religion.

We already had a Catholic one, I am voting for a Muslim next. Just because he is Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

Another great thing about the Republican Party, r21. They are now in the habit of ripping each other to shreds in the primaries. The last one standing get's the nomination and muddied reputation without the Democrats having to lift a finger.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

It'll be Pop's last words... Jebby

Chris Christie will never get a liberal vote, he defunded Planned Parenthood and just fucked over the poor again this week

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

He'd be better than the crowd of Fucktards we have now. Of course by the time dipshit Obama moves to Hawaii, there will be nothing left. It will either be closed, given away, or blown up.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Jeb Bush has some very serious handicaps, notably his junkie daughter, his involvement in the disastrous Terri Schiavo stunt, and extreme anti-choice stance (he once intervened to prevent a profoundly brain-damaged woman who was pregnant through rape from getting an abortion.) He doesn't have a chance of making it through the primaries and the shit that would come out about him if he ran anyway wouldn't exactly cover him in glory.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!