Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This administration has lost it

JFK airport is all messed up - my flight in tonight was really late because they have laid off air traffic controllers

Yet, the DC airports apparently are all fine.

Doesn't this fucking White House know that the states with the most delays - California and NY - voted for him?

Or does Obama believe that only Republicans fly commercial because his rich Democratic Wall Street donors all have private planes?

by Anonymousreply 9104/29/2013

OP why didn't you call the White House and demand to speak with him personally? I do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

[quote]Or does Obama believe that only Republicans fly commercial because his rich Democratic Wall Street donors all have private planes?

Yes I am sure most of Wall Street votes Democratic. What world are you living in OP?

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

ah it's the "educate yourself" troll @r4

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

OP is mimcking the latest freepre spin.

These nutbags will stop at nothing. be prepared to speak back against it. Speak up speak out Do not let them control the debate.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

Fcuk you r7.

Apparently, (Sen) Toomey (R) and other conservatives think there's some sort of conspiracy: President Obama and his team want to inconvenience the public on purpose, in part to show how important government spending is, and in part so that Americans will be annoyed enough to pressure Congress to end the stupid sequester policy.

Oddly enough, Republicans don't make this argument when it comes to other areas -- health care, education, public safety -- affected by sequestration, though they did use similar talking points to complain about White House tours.

In this specific case, Toomey and others in his party believe the FAA may be facing across-the-board cuts, but the furloughs -- which in turn lead to flight delays -- are unnecessary. "The president's choosing to make this disruptive," the Republican senator said.

As conspiracy theories go, this is pretty weak tea.

(...) Sam Stein explored the policy details and found the Republican arguments unpersuasive.

[quote]The reasoning behind the FAA's decision to apply a one-day-every-two-weeks furlough to all 47,000 employees -- including 15,000 flight controllers -- is also not as simple or political as Republicans argue. The FAA has to cut $637 million from its budget before the end of September, with every account sliced by the same percent. The FAA's operations account, from which 71 percent of all payments goes to salary, can't avoid the chopping block.

[quote]Rory Cooper, a spokesman for House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), told The Huffington Post that his boss believed the president and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood could save money elsewhere in the FAA budget without unnecessarily delaying air travel.... But specific programs that could be cut as a replacement for the money saved by furloughs are hard to pinpoint.

What's more, Glenn Kessler examined the same argument and said the Obama administration, not congressional Republicans, appears to have the facts on its side.

If Toomey believes the spending cuts are causing a "crisis," he needs to understand it's a legitimate one, not a "manufactured" one.

And if the senator and his party don't like this damaging policy, it's within their power to take Harry Reid's offer and turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

r7 why do you want the GOP ?

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

You're an idiot, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

[quote]Are you so fucking naive that you don't think the secretary of Transportation couldn't have moved money around in this department to avoid this?

They have moved money around. The air control towers at some small airports will be closed. And at big airports the air traffic controllers are furloughed in rotation.

And if it is a political stunt, I say GOOD. Idiots who whine about all their taxes going to welfare cheats need to be reminded why paying taxes is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

r16 how do YOU explain the fact that GOP doesn't give a shit about any other much more vital programs being cut by THIER sequester?

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

Fuck the republicans. Lock them all in the fucking South, arm the blacks, lock the door and let them all die.

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

I think what we can surmise from the furor is that Republican representatives are sick and tired of fielding calls from executives whose businesses are disrupted by the furloughs.

Too fucking bad. Quit playing politics with the budget and work out a deal, you whiny fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

By the way, the obsession with so-called Obamacare staffers reveal your freeper status.

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

Divided government is such a pain. Blame the GOP that forced the sequestration. They are the obstructionist party that does not want to take action on anything just out of spite for the President. They'd rather see Obama fail than see our country thrive. I can't think of anything more treasonous. I hope that the Obama adminstration effectively uses the bully pulpit in order to sway public opinion for the 2014 midterm elections. We need to kick the Tea Party out of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013

What's being cut and what's not being cut due to the sequester is irrelevant to the larger, screamingly obvious fact that the Republicans in Congress are not practicing governance in good faith. And they have not been doing so at any point of this administration.

The country has a lot of problems, but few sadder and sorrier than the current state of today's regressive GOP. Hypocritical, bigoted assholes, one and all.

And if you come here and spew their bullshit then so are you.

by Anonymousreply 2604/24/2013

R25, Obama's just trying to do his job. Is the GOP doing their job? They hate Obama's guts and are making things difficult for him on purpose. Deliberate inaction out of spite is something so juvenile. It's too damn bad that the Democrats are conciliatory by nature, and not as obstructionist as the Republicans are. If the Dems took the GOP's current approach with the Bush administration, we probably wouldn't be in half of the mess that we are in now.

by Anonymousreply 2704/24/2013

The GOP & Tea Partiers are the sickest group of people. What keeps them going is they have followers with very low IQ like the OP who just parrot whatever they're told to say. They tell them to come on 'liberal' message boards with their nonsense. They forgot how well that didn't work the last time at election time.

R25 and others you can scream as loudly as you like but you're really a part of the idiot minority. Too stupid to succeed in life & looking for someone else to blame.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

Just curious, OP. How much were you paid to post this here? Just this one post on this one low-traffic forum. How much profit did this one lame attempt put in your pocket?

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

I was just at the airport and I PERSONALLY saw HUSSEIN OBUMMER ordering the planes to stop flying! It's him alright! This is EXACTLY like they did in NAZI Germany! And now he wants to take away our guns and next is all of our white women!!

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

Spamming trolling wingnut bitch. Fuck off and die.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

I want a 3way with R30 and R31, falling for both of you.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

you people are idiots. the sequester was a bipartisan decision that was NEVER SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN. it was supposed to hang over their heads and force them to sort things out. but that didn't happen because the republican representatives are fucking nutbars and won't let Obama's most insignificant agency appointments go through, let alone any legislation.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

[quote] It's just the Obama administration playing games--- pure and simple.

Really, R22/R25? You really think posting a link to a site called "The New American," which is owned by the far-right John Birch Society, is going to give you credibility and persuade us DataLoungers? Really?

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

No R20, the furlough wasn't across the board; the Pubbies in Congress agreed to exempting social security, Medicare and Medicaid, including the Affordable Care Act, and the result is that those funds are not impacted. The sequestration does impact WIC, unemployment, and other discretionary spending, which includes the FAA and substantial cuts to the Pentagon, our biggest waste of treasure given we pay so much and get so little for it.

The Pubbies really overplayed their hand on this one, and it's coming back to bite them in the butt. Frankly, I'm surprised Obama doesn't cave on air traffic controllers and direct Secretary LaHood to reinstate the full complement. But, that would also require that Congress consent, specifically the House, and obviously, Boehner has lost control of his caucus making Democratic support required to pass it - once again violating the Hastert rule, much to the peril of his speakership.

ATC and flight delays are just an inconvenience, and the Pubbies should take it as a sign of things to come unless they come to the bargaining table in good faith. What will the American people say when there's a food poisoning outbreak traceable right back to the cuts in staff at the department of Agriculture? We've already seen what the "burdensome regulation" Pubbie fetish cost in Texas when a fertilizer plant went uninspected for years. Pubbies always want to demonize government, forgetting that government does serve a useful purpose. Too bad the rest of us have to suffer along their rather long, gently sloped learning curve. At least the devastation was in a red state... although I'm sure the freepers are wringing their hands and trying to find a way to blame Obama for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013

This thread is further proof that the Good Cop/Bad Cop routine as staged by our political duopoly continues to be a raging success.

by Anonymousreply 3904/25/2013

There are some really stupid people on this thread. The cuts are across the board. Some agencies have had an easier time because their expenses can be cut without furlough - by suspending travel, for example. The operations budget for FAA is 71% salary. The remaining 29% contains items and obligations that can't be cut (safety, facility costs, etc.). That's why FAA had to do furloughs while other agencies didn't.

by Anonymousreply 4004/25/2013

[quote]Or does Obama believe that only Republicans fly commercial because his rich Democratic Wall Street donors all have private planes?

Yes, everyone knows wealthy Wall St. financiers are the driving force of the Democratic Party, while the GOP represents the little guy.

What color is the sky on your planet?

by Anonymousreply 4104/25/2013

R20, WTF is an "Obamacare staffer"?

by Anonymousreply 4204/25/2013

The Wall St. Journal? Why not just quote Fox News?

by Anonymousreply 4304/25/2013

The sun is out again. Are the freepers gone? Did they crawl back into their ignorant little holes?

by Anonymousreply 4404/25/2013

I hope your op was a parody post, OP. Otherwise, how embarrassing for you.

by Anonymousreply 4504/25/2013

This reminds me of the deists who pray for trivia, believing that those with power have nothing better to attend to than inconveniences.

by Anonymousreply 4604/25/2013

Either entitled emptyhead or Freeper SS. Next.

by Anonymousreply 4704/25/2013

OP was trying to rush home because he knows his long time live in boyfriend/trick has a habit of organizing gang-bangs for his sloppy hole in his absence. GODDAMN you Obama and your efforts for sensible spending cuts, how dare you inconvenience ME; the most important person in all the land. Don't you realize...My love life hangs in the balance.

by Anonymousreply 4804/25/2013

GOP reap what they sow.

by Anonymousreply 5104/25/2013

Poor R49. He has no fucking clue about how the US economy works.

Nobody cares about the deficit in DC. Nobody. GOP leaders have admitted it. The talks are there as an excuse to cut social spending ("entitlements", in wingnut-speak).

Your assertion about rich people being largely Democrats is laughable on its face.

Smarter wingnut trolls, please.

by Anonymousreply 5204/25/2013

[quote]The uber-rich are mostly Democrats (like Soros).

Tell the Koch brothers that they have to convert.

Your assertion is utterly baseless, R50, and you lack understanding of the economics of tax free bonds. I invest in them (although I am hardly among the "uber-rich" -- well, I'm occasionally among them, but never one of them) because there are not enough people in the top tax brackets to buy them all up, so the yield has to be high enough that they pay more than taxable bonds do after taxes, even though I'm usually not in the top tax bracket. (Admittedly, I'm not there because I arrange for much of my income to be tax free, but that doesn't affect the validity of what I'm saying about tax free bonds.)

by Anonymousreply 5304/25/2013

This thread is confusing.

When faced with a forced cutback it makes sense to cut where it would most bother those who forced the cutback. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it would make sense if it did.

Playing politics? It IS politics.

by Anonymousreply 5404/25/2013

Forgive the OP. He's clearly not a mental giant. In fact, if his IQ was one point lower he'd be a plant.

by Anonymousreply 5604/25/2013

The simplistic, partisan cant spewed out by FoxNews is irritating, but I give them credit -- they know how to rev up their viewers like no other channel.

by Anonymousreply 5704/25/2013

No one cares about the sequestration until it becomes an inconvenience to them. The GOP and rightwing media accused Obama of exaggerating the effect of austerity. Well, now that it has hit them, it's Obama's fault.

by Anonymousreply 5804/25/2013

R39 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 5904/25/2013

Rich people fly private so they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 6004/25/2013

[quote]Though controllers will be furloughed for one of every 10 working days, four of every 10 flights won't arrive on time.

You do understand the *rolling* effect delays at one or two airports have on the entire system, right? That's why schedules across the country get fucked up if there's bad weather in the NYC/D.C. corridor. FYI, a friend of mine was delayed for five hours the other day in Austin, an airport that HASN'T furloughed any ATC people (the state's transportation agency is providing interim funding to fill the federal stopgap)

[quote]Congress passed a law in 2009 that makes such delays illegal, at least if they are the responsibility of an airline.

Yes, and none of these delays IS the responsibility of an airline; they're the responsibility of Congress failing to provide funding! Idiot...

by Anonymousreply 6104/25/2013

OP, you're a fucking idiot.

Congress created the sequester (mostly at GOP insistence), and Congress can repeal it at any time (i.e. the GOP is the only obstacle to removing it).

Why the FUCK are you blaming the administration for what the Republicans hath wrought?

by Anonymousreply 6204/25/2013

R4, I have educated myself. Which is why I blame the GOP almost exclusively for all the crap that's wrong in this country. BECAUSE THAT'S THE SIMPLE FACT.

by Anonymousreply 6304/25/2013

R20, who the fuck put you in charge of the schedule?

Personally,I'd rather they work on "Obama Care", and let the airlines & airports pick-up the $'s for the air traffic controllers !

by Anonymousreply 6404/25/2013

pure poetry r65

by Anonymousreply 6904/25/2013

Wrong, R66. Exactly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7004/25/2013

It's shocking how many morons like OP seem to think that the President is a voting member of Congress! Someone needs to reread "The Dance of Legislation", dreaded by 8th graders everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 7204/25/2013

[quote]The government adds about 22%, on average, to the price of an airline ticket. On a plane holding 150 people, the government collects almost $7,000.

Bitch, please. Try LOOKING at a plane ticket before posting this kind of drivel. The government doesn't get anywhere NEAR 22%. Taxes are closer to 5%.

[quote]The FAA reports to the Secretary of Transportation. Obama appoints the position. This could be resolved tomorrow easily if Obama and the Transportation secretary wanted to resolve it.

Again: bitch, PLEASE. You clearly know next to nothing about the structure of government agencies if you think Obama can personally dictate the entire policy of the Dept. of Transportation. Do you also think Congress gets to dictate what the IRS does, since it funds the agency?

by Anonymousreply 7404/25/2013

Between the homophobic fraus and the right wing freepers that infest DL it is not worth coming here anymore

by Anonymousreply 7504/25/2013

R73 = a Kool-Aid drinking moron.

Sorry, the Sequester is a completely artificial "crisis" created entirely out of GOP obstructionism and debt-ceiling brinksmanship.

You lose.

by Anonymousreply 7604/25/2013

R71 = wrong. Exactly wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7704/25/2013

R35...we all know that WSJ is owned by the same anti-American nazi Aussie who owns Fox News so we're not impressed with your mile long anti-Obama quote from his right wing outlet.

by Anonymousreply 7804/25/2013

Why is the Republican Congress getting a pass on this?

by Anonymousreply 7904/25/2013

Because they're Republican, R79.

You mean you don't know the double standard regarding the two parties and their press coverage?

by Anonymousreply 8004/25/2013

If you have to fly commercial instead of owning your own jet, you're a loser and don't deserve to fly at all.

by Anonymousreply 8104/25/2013

Oh R55, you ignorant tool... Obama hates Pubbies? Really? That must be why he constantly caves to their outrageous demands, makes conciliatory strides, and lets face it, kisses Pubbie ass every chance he gets. Or do I need to remind you of the dinner with ALL REPUBLICAN Senators last month, and inviting ALL REPUBLICANS to the Whitehouse for legislative pow-wows? Or, how about how he actually said to Telemundo that 20 years ago he would have been considered a "Moderate Republican?" Oh, how I wish Obama were as progressive as Pubbies accuse him of being; there might actually be hope for our country if he were!

And R50, please enlighten us. Who, besides Soros, is a Democratic billionaire? Of course, you expose your Freeper tendencies by mentioning Soros, but just for the sake of proving a point, post the list.

by Anonymousreply 8204/25/2013

[quote]Who, besides Soros, is a Democratic billionaire?

Bill Gates Sr. & Warrant Buffett? Bill Gates Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 8304/25/2013

Are you trying to compare the Gates Foundation to the Heritage Foundation, ALEC, Americans for Prosperity, American Crossroads, et. al.? Hardly.

Of Forbes richest 400, 61% gave to Pubbies in the last cycle which accounted for 2/3 of the millions donated. And it's not like Obama had anyone like Sheldon Adelson throwing big dollars around for him the way he did for Newt and then Mittens. You also have to account for the fact that rich people give to both parties to curry favor in the event that their candidate actually loses. Donald Trump is Chuck Schumer's largest donor, I believe, and no one is going to mistake the Donald for a Democrat.

And, of course, when you step "down" that list of the richest of the rich, there is no doubt that they donate in a much greater percentage to Pubbies. Rachel Maddow has talked numerous times about how of the top 10 political action committees, 7 give to Pubbies.

My point was to say that it is a fallacy that billionaires are in Obama's pocket, despite the fact that he let them off the hook for the financial meltdown of 2008. They should be kissing Obama's feet, but instead they go around calling him the socialist/Marxist/Kenyan demanding to see his birth certificate, accusing him of not loving the country, and doing everything in their power to hurt the economy in order to blame Obama and tarnish the democrats for a generation. It worked before; why not try it again?

Although, it is amusing to watch Pubbies engage in simultaneous deflection and projection. As I've always said, to understand what the Pubbies are doing, just pay attention to that which they accuse the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 8404/26/2013

Guys, this plan has Valerie B. Jarrett's fingerprints all over it, and she rarely flies.

by Anonymousreply 8504/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 8604/26/2013

Elizabeth Warren appeared on CBS to talk about the sequestration cuts:

[quote]“I have to tell you,” she said. “This is about how bad sequestration is overall. This is taking a meat axe to our budget. Let’s keep in mind, there are children who having a hard time getting their spots in Head Start, cutbacks on Meals On Wheels for seniors.”

CBS' response? "Could we talk about the business travel flight delays, please."

You wanna talk about entitlement? There's your triple-distilled corporate entitlement, right there, for the world to see.

Fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 8704/26/2013

There are shit stains that are smarter than OP

by Anonymousreply 8804/26/2013

So, today, CONGRESS passed a bill to fund airports. And somehow this is still OBAMA'S fault? OP, you're an even bigger fucking idiot than before.

by Anonymousreply 8904/26/2013

If Obama hadn't created Sequestration, the GOP wouldn't have had anything to vote on.

by Anonymousreply 9004/29/2013

The gop are nothing but freeloaders taking my tax dollars.

by Anonymousreply 9104/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!