Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wayne's World Cast Reunites for 21st anniversary screening

Weirdly I think Mike Myers aged the 2nd or 3rd best of everyone in this thing.

Any DL gossip about this movie?

by Anonymousreply 3404/26/2013

Tia Carrere is the one who has aged the best. Myers has menopausal bloat and girth.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Mike Myers - gay? Said to have been trying to fuck timberlake when they were both in some shitty comedy.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Myers is gay.

And Dana Carvey HATED working with him on this film. Thought he had a disgusting ego.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

Myers looks horrible. Puffy, bloated lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

WTH is going on with LFB's face? Is she on steroids or something. Mike Myers looks like a fireplug stuffed into spanx.

I loved this movie though and still go on YouTube sometimes to see the Bohemian Rhapsody bit.

When Mike Myer's was making a film called "I Married an Ax Murderer" he had all the electricity on the set shut down and rerouted so that he could have a cappuccino. The abandoned prison where they were shooting didn't have enough juice to power everything so everyone had to stand around and wait to get back to work so he could have his coffee.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

I'm no Mike Myers fan, but the cappuccino story is bs.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Dana Carvey should've had a much bigger career.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

Tia Carrere looks like a real life Pocahontas.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

I recently went to a very stressful family event in Marin County. I went to dinner afterwards with my siblings to debrief (we were all upset with my parents) and Dana Carvey and his wife sat right next to us and had dinner. We played it cool and didn't say anything to him, but it really made our day. Sitting next to the Church Lady lifted our spirits!

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

R10 Well, isn't that SPECIAL?

(Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious ...)

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

I don't disagree that Myers looks bloated. I'm just saying everyone else in that group picture looks like they've aged even worse except Rob Lowe and maybe Tia Carrere.

Certainly it helps that Myers wasn't that hot to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

Rob Lowe keeps getting better looking!

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

Poor Lara Flynn Boyle. Remember when she had a career and a relationship with Jack Nicholson. She doesn't look bad except maybe her lips look too big...

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

I've never seen the movie, but this thread reminds me to ask:

Some home entertainment company has a current TV ad showing the "Bohemian Rhapsody" scene, and I'm obsessed with the guy sitting in the middle in the back seat. Anybody know who he is?

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

[quote]Dana Carvey should've had a much bigger career.

He had botched heart surgery in the late 90s. He was sick for quite a number of years. I'd like to see more of him; in hindsight, he was a class act.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

Another shout out for Dana Carvey!

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

R1 I'd have to disagree. I think Rob has aged way better than the rest of them.

And a friend pointed out that Lara Flynn looks like Lisa Vanderpump. I can't say I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Was Dana's heart surgery botched? Never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

[quote]In 1997, he underwent heart-bypass surgery for a blocked coronary artery, but the surgeon operated on the wrong artery. The blocked artery was deeply buried in muscle and thus hard to find; another artery, though not blocked, was clearly accessible, so the surgeon bypassed it. Carvey, later suffering from angina pectoris, sued for medical malpractice and was awarded with eight million dollars in damages. He has had to undergo additional surgery to correct his heart problems. Carvey stated in an interview with Larry King that he donated all the money awarded to him to charity.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

Myers hated all the attention Carvey got as "Garth" & didn't want him in the movie or the sequel.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

Did Carvey really get that much attention? I always remembered it as being Myers that stood out and subsequently got a career going and Carvey being the man that got completely forgotten about.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

R21, yes Garth was very popular & Lorne Michaels insisted he play a big role in both the SNL sketches and the film, to Myers' huge annoyance. In the second film, Myers was angry that Garth got a more glamorous love interest (Kim Basinger) then he had. By all accounts, Dana Carvey is very nice but Myers was not well-liked at SNL.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

Mike Meyers became bigger later with Austin Powers (and Dana disappeared due to health issues), but I believe Dana Carvey was more popular during their SNL run and when Wayne's World came out. Carvey had a number of popular recurring characters on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

r15, looks like that guy's name is Sean Sullivan. He also uses the name Sean Gregory Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Dana Carvey was definitely a much bigger star on SNL. Not only did he appear in things like Wayne's World and Church Lady, but he played both George H.W. Bush and Ross Perot. That was the era where SNL really perfected political humor.

Myers had his own recurring characters outside of Wayne's World in things like Simon (the little boy in the bathtub) and Sprockets, but neither were as big as Carvey's other characters.

p.s. I've got a link to the IMDB credits for the guy in the middle of the car in Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

I love Dana Carvey, but hate the creepy closet Mike Myers. Myers is indeed said to be difficult to work with, you could see the tension on some SNL Wayne's World skits. All hail The Church Lady!

The director Penelope Spheeris is a cunt as well, she really shot down people when she did a Q&A session about directing. She also is a clueless uninformed moron as well, she said that punk was started by working class people in Northern England.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

[quote]Myers had his own recurring characters outside of Wayne's World in things like Simon (the little boy in the bathtub) and Sprockets, but neither were as big as Carvey's other characters.

Linda Richman was pretty iconic. Myers as Linda even appeared in one of Streisand's concerts and they did a skit together:

by Anonymousreply 2804/26/2013

I saw Myers up close in a restaurant recently, and boy, has he had work done. You can see the scars below his ears, and his eyes are all funny.

by Anonymousreply 2904/26/2013

I thought the Myers-Carvey fallout was more out credit for creating the characters. Wasn't Myers trying to take sole credit when Carvey actually came up with the original idea for the sketch? I thought there was even a legal settlement.

And Myers was hugely popular when he left the show. Plus, he appealed more to younger audiences. I loved Carvey on SNL but he was more an old school character impressionist. Not the type to draw tweens to the theater as his limited movie career proved.

by Anonymousreply 3004/26/2013

Exaclty. That's why, from my memory anyway, I don't remember Dana getting that much attention from the Wayne's World series. At least being a teenager at the time, I only remember anyone caring about Mike. Dana was funny in it, but ultimately he was just some obviously old guy playing a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 3104/26/2013

I think Carrera looks great. Sure she looks older but good. I could only hope to look that good when I'm 46.

by Anonymousreply 3204/26/2013

What's happened to Myers career? Did he quit? Was he such a prick that no one wants to work with him? I've never followed his career that closely, but he seems to have all but disappeared. Last I heard he was getting divorced.

by Anonymousreply 3304/26/2013

R30, Myers didn't steal Wayne's World from Carvey, he came up with the idea with another comedian he used to work with before SNL (but never shared the credit.) He's a notorious "lifter." His Simon character on SNL was from a UK cartoon called "Simon in the land of chalk drawings."

by Anonymousreply 3404/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!