Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Food Poisoning or Stomach Bug?

Sunday night I ate some mac n' cheese with hamburger and sausage in mixed into it. A few hours later I felt queasy and had a bad case of the trots. Never threw up but looking at/thinking about food made me gag. The first day I pretty much slept and ran to the toilet and had a weird, achy feeling. Second day, I slept better, my stomach pains subsided but I still ran to the toilet. 3 days later and I've only been sipping ginger ale and I still have the runs (Christ is there anything still in me?) but do feel more energy and alertness. The sight and thought of food doesn't make me ill anymore and zero stomach pains today so should I attempt to eat something? What would you recommend?

On the plus side, I'm down a good 12lbs.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

The weight loss is always the best part about food poisoning

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

OP –

Are you aspirin sensitive?

Sometimes when I take aspirin, I get diarrhea after the next meal I eat.

It could be hours since I took aspirin and then subsequently eat and then I get diarrhea.

Consider this.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Well OP, both. "Food poisoning" is basically a bug such as salmonella which enters your system via food.

Congrats on the weight loss!!

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

You should eat bland foods. Stay away from spicy foods or foods that are tough on your digestive system. Chicken soup is a good start. Whenever you're sick, have some chicken soup, you can't go wrong with that. Get well soon!

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

I would say it "didn't agree with you", which is a non-Drama Queen's diagnosis for your symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

Most food-borne pathogens take longer than a few hours to make themselves known. While it might be the mac & cheese & meat combo, if it's food poisoning, chances are good that it's something you ate before that.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

It's a tumor.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Stuff .. have?

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

It's probably an infestation of pork tape worms. They get infected with bacteria themselves and have diarrhea inside you, and then all the infected worm shit infects YOU, in addition to the worms upsetting everything. The rapid weight loss also is an indication.

If you're too embarrassed to see a doctor (which is a shame because this can be fatal - the worms bloat and their enormous size can rupture your intestines) you need to (1) don't eat or drink anything for 48 hours; (2) heat a saucer of milk; (3) take off your clothes and squat over the saucer.

Since you're loaded with them it could take up to 6 hours for all the worms to come out to get the milk. They can be up to 10 feet long so you need to keep pushing the saucer farther away in order to have them come all the way out and not recede back into you.

DO NOT put the saucer near your mouth or worms will try to come out orally. You don't want that.

And for Christ's sake keep your cats out of the room. A friend made that mistake once and had to have shock therapy afterwards to try to erase the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

A couple of years ago I had E.coli as a result of eating under cooked ground beef. The diarrhea was terrible and eventually there was blood. I became dehydrated and had to have IV fluids so you have to watch out for that. I think you should call your doctor and at least talk to the nurse.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!