Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Maybe we do need welfare reform

[quote]Marathon bombings mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev was living on taxpayer-funded state welfare benefits even as he was delving deep into the world of radical anti-American Islamism

[quote]State officials confirmed last night that Tsarnaev, slain in a raging gun battle with police last Friday, was receiving benefits along with his wife, Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, and their 3-year-old daughter

[quote]In addition, both of Tsarnaev’s parents received benefits, and accused brother bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan were recipients through their parents when they were younger, according to the state

Meanwhile, I was on a flight delayed for two and a half hours from LaGuardia today because we can't "afford" enough air traffic controllers.

What a fucked up government we have

by Anonymousreply 10004/25/2013

source? op?

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Welfare did not cause the flight delays. Do not get distracted. Blame the real culprits: corporations, the wealthy, and their paid-for politicians.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

So if a bomber is employed by a corporation and receiving money from them, we need to "reform" (i.e. eliminate) corporations? You're being consistent, aren't you OP?

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

I'm for making it legal to bomb people like r5.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

There are photos of the mother "coming out of her house in Dagestan."

WTF? Her house in Dagestan? Where is she getting money for a house in Dagestan? She and her husband are supposedly divorced. How long have they both been in Dagestan? How long have they continued to receive welfare payments while being in Dagestan?

I told you guys in one of the earliest threads about this -- Chechens are thieves and you can't believe a word they say. Like gypsies, this is a way of life for them. Go ahead and call me a racist but everyone who knows Chechens know this. They are insular and believe they have a right to steal from "outsiders" (i.e., the rest of the world).

Most Chechens are on the dole in the Russian Republic as well. In fact, pretty much all Muslims in North Caucasus are on the dole. There is a grassroots movement called "Stop Feeding the Caucasus" that wants to get rid of all of the North Caucasian Muslim republics because of the enormous drain they are on the Russian economy.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

I would look into exactly what it is that Uncle Ruslan does for a living and any other relatives in North America.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

Whew! Glad we're off the hook!

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

Resentment over the lavish subsidies paid to Chechnya and other regions in the mostly Muslim North Caucasus to secure loyalty after the war has spawned a movement dedicated to cutting the region off financially.

In protest last week, hundreds of people, mostly young men, marched across the Moscow River from Mr. Putin’s office, shouting, “Stop feeding the Caucasus!”

Their anger was forged not only by continued separatist violence in the North Caucasus — and related terrorist attacks in Moscow — but also by the regional elites’ brazen displays of wealth. For his 35th birthday last week, Chechnya’s leader, Ramzan A. Kadyrov, put on a glittering celebration complete with a troupe of foreign acrobats and a performance by the British celebrity violinist Vanessa-Mae.

Some critics have even called for the North Caucasus to be severed from Russia completely, a surprising turnaround given the amount of Russian blood and treasure spent trying to keep it. An opinion poll conducted by the Levada Center, a Moscow polling agency, in May found that 51 percent of the population would not care if the country’s borders were redrawn to exclude Chechnya, higher than at any time during Mr. Putin’s leadership.

The protest movement, though still nascent, is potent enough that Mr. Putin has been forced to publicly defend his policies in the region. He has achieved relative stability in Chechnya in recent years by investing in Mr. Kadyrov, a former rebel, who has employed brutal tactics to bring the insurgency there to heel.

But violence has spread from Chechnya to other regions in the North Caucasus and beyond, and with elections for Parliament and the presidency months away, it will be increasingly hard to sell the Russian people on continuing these policies, some analysts say.

“This will become one of the main issues of the upcoming elections,” said Aleksei Navalny, an anti-corruption crusader allied with the protest movement.

Speaking of the Kremlin’s predicament, he said: “On the one hand, they have promised the Caucasus elite huge amounts of money in exchange for votes and stability. On the other hand, they see that the Russian population is seriously unhappy about this.”

The debate has exposed a rift over the main premise behind nearly two decades of intermittent war in Chechnya and the rest of the North Caucasus. Russia’s leaders say the resource-rich region is fundamental to Russia’s territorial integrity, worth the billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives spent in holding on to it.

In recent years, Moscow has financed more than 90 percent of Chechnya’s budget, according to Russia’s Finance Ministry. In April, Mr. Kadyrov, the Chechen president, asked for almost $17 billion in additional federal money for infrastructure projects like rebuilding homes damaged or destroyed in the war. Russian officials justify the expenditures as necessary given the destruction and the security needs there. “Our infrastructure is degrading, the population is getting poorer, and along with many other bad things, we see huge amounts of tribute being paid to the Caucasus,” Konstantin Krylov, an organizer of recent anti-Caucasus protests, told reporters last month.

“For this amount of money we could buy ourselves an atoll somewhere in the Pacific Ocean,” he said. “The climate is better there, and it would be easier to turn into a vacation area. I would seriously consider trading Chechnya for Vanuatu.”

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

Yes it's so much better for society to have starving sick people wandering the streets. People like OP don't have the ability to think.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

[quote] For his 35th birthday last week, Chechnya’s leader, Ramzan A. Kadyrov, put on a glittering celebration complete with a troupe of foreign acrobats and a performance by the British celebrity violinist Vanessa-Mae.

Elton must have been booked in Uzbekistan that weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

[quote]So you think we should give welfare to terrorists then?

Don't we give federal aid to Egypt and Israel?

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

Since Russia's oil comes from these places, I doubt they're a drain.

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

But their views appear to have begun to resonate more widely. They point out that while there are still regions in central Russia that lack adequate plumbing and regular electricity, Mr. Kadyrov has overseen a construction boom in Chechnya, complete with a multimillion-dollar stadium, an enormous mosque named after his father and a high-rise business center that includes an apartment complex more than 40 stories tall in the capital, Grozny.

There is also the matter of Mr. Kadyrov’s fleet of luxury cars, his private zoo and his racehorses.

Asked last week where such wealth comes from, Mr. Kadyrov told journalists, “From Allah.”

Most Chechens, meanwhile, are deeply impoverished. Unemployment in parts of the North Caucasus is as high as 55 percent, according to the North Caucasus Federal District administration. Some independent experts say the figure is above 80 percent.

Trust me, unemployment is more than 80% and it is because Chechen men don't really work for a living. And they feel Russia should pay them anyway, because they hate the Russians, the Russians hate them and they want to make life as difficult as possible for Russians. Makes perfect sense. If they worked they would have to pay taxes and they will not pay taxes to the Russian Federation. They want to secede and be independent. Then, they can start focusing on fighting other independent Muslim areas instead of fighting the Russians.

I wouldn't be surprised if Papa Tsarnaev isn't receiving welfare from both the US and the RF. It's how they roll

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

Although I have no source or link, I am fairly certain that most receiving public assistance are not terrorists...

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2013

Jobs being sent overseas have nothing to do with welfare. If they cancel welfare tomorrow, none of those jobs are coming back.

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

[quote]those benefits ended in 2012 when the couple stopped meeting income eligibility limits.

OP isn't interested in that part of his link.

by Anonymousreply 2504/24/2013

Of course we do--corporate welfare reform, that is.

by Anonymousreply 2604/24/2013

[quote] They were granted asylum and eligible for benefits right away. But it's been a long time since they have been here

Except that the mother and father appear to be living in Dagestan and the sons have been back and forth from the US to Dagestan. Not your average welfare recipient's life

by Anonymousreply 2704/24/2013

How was Dzhokhar making a living? Where did his money come from? He only had a small scholarship. Papa's been in Dagestan for 2 years and nobody knows how long mama has been back in the former USSR.

by Anonymousreply 2804/24/2013

How do I get on Welfare. I am 62, retired and live on a limited income. My pension does not cover my living expenses and I have to dip into my savings each month for necessities. I worked from the time I was seventeen to age sixty-two. Would I qualify for benefits? Do I have to become homeless first? How do you collect this shit when you are an able bodied young man with some college and you are bi-lingual and have no physical or mental deficiencies? Who hooks these people us?

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2013

You and Romney are both losers, R30.

Suck each other's "teat."

by Anonymousreply 3204/24/2013

A Chechen living in Moscow speaks about Chechen pride in the face of discrimination by Russians. He he very on about how "prideful" they are and blah blah...A commenter posted this: Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the US has engage in a covert policy of destabilizing Russia. The “oligarchs” would not have been able strip mine the economy of Russia without the help of Washington and London. Most of the so called “militant” separatists in Russia receive CIA backing….money, weapons but most importantly, intelligence.

The most vicious and murderous of this group have been the Chechens, and initially they were the darlings of the CIA. The Chechens were motivated by revenge. During WWII Stalin had them all deported to Siberia for collaborating with the Nazis. Only in the 1950s were they allowed to return to their homes. Since then they have harbored a deep resentment against the Russians. The CIA took advantage of this, and helped them plot an “insurrection” against Russia which resulted in a the First Chechen War. The Chechens were really tops in slitting the throats of Russian grandmothers, and raping Russian school kids, and this gave guys like Dick Cheney a stiffy, but there was a problem. The Chechens are Muslims, and this inserted a wildcard into the game. So the same Chechens who the US media/gov dubbed “freedom fighters”, when they were blowing up subways in Moscow, began turning up as Jihadists in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The CIA tried to find replacement proxies in the Georgians. The Georgians were also from the Caucus Mountains, and they hated the Russians, but the Georgians were nominally Christian. What’s not to like? A few years ago, the CIA instigated a war between the Russians and Georgians, and the Georgians promptly got stomped. No one has heard a peep out of them since. Oh well, so much for that idea. Back to the Chechens. In 2011 the Chechens managed to bomb the airport in Moscow. Apparently the CIA was able to get them focused again.

Well, Pooty-Poot had enough. Yes he could air-fuel bomb a dozen Chechen villages in retaliation, but that is not his real problem, his real problem is the CIA and Murica. Since then the Russians have been very carefully infiltrating Chechen terror cells. Eventually, the same kind of human bomb nitwit that the CIA was using to blow up Moscow waltzed into one of these Russian controlled “Chechen” camps. From there on out, it was easy to convince this Chechen/Murican that US of Murica was the Great Satan. “Here’s some money, training and map of greater Boston. Soon you be in paradise with 72 virgins!”

To sum up: Boston is Putin’s payback.

The original article is posted at link

by Anonymousreply 3404/24/2013

The so-called "47 percent" includes the retired, the disabled, and children.

Saying that if you people who need assistance like is the same as saying "you support giving welfare to terrorists" is one of those completely insane right-wing arguments.

I read a recent report that said if you are on disability, you're going to bring home, max, around $13,000 a year. That's hardly enough to live on anywhere in this country.

So stop trying to conflate legal immigration, public assistance and terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 3504/24/2013

Your education has failed you, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3604/24/2013

Fuck you, OP. You don't know shit. I'm so sick of freeper idiots who think they're the only ones who pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 3704/24/2013

[quote]They really need to re-work the immigration bill, do you know that they only need to pay a fine of $2000 and back taxes! That's fucking nothing! They should increase the fine to like $10,000 and i bet our deficit will see a huge dent!

God damn you're a fucking idiot.

Why are conservatives so stupid, so clueless, so ill-informed?

Anyone repeating that long-ago-debunked 47% lie should just be banned from this forum, period.

by Anonymousreply 3904/24/2013

This thread is making my pussy burn. Never a good thing...

by Anonymousreply 4104/24/2013

R23 cannot understand the difference between "cancel" and "reform."

by Anonymousreply 4204/24/2013

"Welfare" was already reformed. The lifetime limit for TANF is 5 years. No one is on it forever.

At any rate the person getting $400/month is not your enemy. You should aim your ire at the ones skimming the millions and the billions.

by Anonymousreply 4304/24/2013

[quote]How can you NOT see a problem with a system that is flawed enough to take these people in as refugees then ignore the responsibility of following through when they receive leads that state these people may be trouble?

Well...I'd love to see a system that tracks what goes on with people in it in a way that is designed to get them out of it, if they are employable, and takes care of them with dignity if they are unable to take care of themselves. That would be great.

by Anonymousreply 4404/24/2013

OP you are a moron. Yes, you figured out this country's biggest secret. All Welfare recipients are bombers and terrorists. Yet in a way you're right. Those getting the most welfare, corporations, the banks, WS the top 2% in general, are the true terrorists in the USA. I mean how many people have been hurt by what we consider terrorists, in the past 35 years…thousands? How many have been hurt by the top 2%, tens of millions!

by Anonymousreply 4504/24/2013

The severely disabled on SSI get between 7 and 9 thousand dollars a year depending on which state they live in. Most have to pay their rent and utilities out of that and for the rest of their needs. OMG they are living in the lap of luxury!

by Anonymousreply 4604/24/2013

Yes that's right time to turn your anger on the real plague to this country, anyone in need of the social programs.

How stupid ARE Americans anyway?

by Anonymousreply 4704/24/2013

I am probably going to come off as sounding overly sympathetic to the bomber's family (I am not), but it is almost laughable the tactics the media is using to demonize this kid and his family. I am in no way condoning their actions, they were thoroughly reprehensible, but the media has really gone beyond what is necessary to fan the flames of hatred against the accused. First the Muslim angle, now welfare. This story reads like a diatribe from a Rush Limbaugh radio program. How many buttons can we push to whip up the gullible into a enough of a frenzy before we do something stupid. The way they are hyping this you would think this was a Pearl Harbor scale attack on the US, when in reality it was 2 pressure cookers put together by 2 deluded brothers, the older brother being more culpable then the surviving brother. The media has tried to play up the Muslim angle to fan the flames of religious intolerance. It isn't sticking. Now they are trotting out the old chestnut of demonizing the welfare queen, to play up class antagonism and xenophobia. Every ad hominem attack in the book is being used on this 19 year old kid and his dead brother.

The question is why? Why all of these efforts to create division and further controversy (when in the past the country has come together in the aftermath of a national tragedy) and also why is the media trying to keep this story alive? A crime was committed, the criminals were caught, end of story. Whose interests are being served by further fanning the flames of hatred for someone who is already despised by the community at large. Is someone hoping for a Jack Ruby to materialize? What does the government or its corporate masters hope to achieve through this incessant campaign of hatred and antagonism? There is clearly a divide and conquer mentality at work with the coverage of this story. The vitriol being proffered in the last few posts of this thread is a testament that their tactics are working. Is the desired result a war with Iran, another Cold War with Russia, or even greater police state surveillance than what was created under Bush 2? Step back for a second and attempt to see these propaganda techniques for what they are and ask why are they being used?

by Anonymousreply 4804/24/2013

I wish I could ww R43 a billion times.

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2013

r45, except for calling OP a "moron," you're not half wrong either! I'm tired of ANYONE- rich or faux poor- that expects the middle class to continue cleaning up the mess of the two extremes. (Not to include those who really need help, i.e. the blind, the disabled, the truly down-on-their luck.) Fuck the others.

by Anonymousreply 5004/24/2013

I did not know until I started teaching at a college that foreign students can come to the US, take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans, get their degrees, and then go back to their home countries and default on the loans. Several of my students have done this. Their "home" employers don't care. The universities barely care because they got their money out of the deal. But it's still wrong. And it's common.

by Anonymousreply 5104/24/2013

We need to 'reform' corporate welfare the way we've already 'reformed' welfare for the poor and needy.

THAT'S where all the money is going.

by Anonymousreply 5204/24/2013

Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma City bombing) and Eric Rudolph (Olympic Park bombing) were both in the Army.

Sounds like we have another terrorism financier to shut down.

by Anonymousreply 5304/24/2013

You make my point, R40.

by Anonymousreply 5404/24/2013

It does seem like it's something to fan the flames. Foxnews is gleefully running with it.

But first: "both of Tsarnaev’s parents received benefits, and accused brother bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan were recipients through their parents when they were younger, according to the state."

So if you read the above statement, the benefits they received benefits when they first got here. They're no longer receiving benefits so the idiots on here that assume they're still getting anything in Russia can crawl back in their hole.

Secondly: "State officials confirmed last night that Tsarnaev, slain in a raging gun battle with police last Friday, was receiving benefits along with his wife, Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, and their 3-year-old daughter. The state’s Executive Office of Health and Human Services said those benefits ended in 2012 when the couple stopped meeting income eligibility limits."

Based on that, for all the OP knows, the fact that he was no longer receiving welfare payments & didn't have a job might have been the thing that sent him over the edge in 2013. Maybe when governments stop helping out leads to people getting angry and coming up with weird plots.

Maybe helping people out financially actually helps to reduce crime. Because if you start telling people you refuse to help them anymore, what exactly do you think they'll do?

by Anonymousreply 5504/24/2013

Actually, I wonder if it isn't the far-right that encourages immigrants from the former Soviet Union and of course their beloved Cubans to exploit the American system. They are stuck in the Cold War and think helping these people justifies all the money Ronnie Raygun wasted trying to bankrupt the Russkies.

by Anonymousreply 5804/24/2013

I think people are confusing welfare and SSI. SSI does encourage people to stay poor or find a way to earn 'undeclarable' income. You can be disqualified from SSI if you have over a certain cap in your bank account, and that cap is very low in some states.

by Anonymousreply 5904/24/2013

R56/57 You sound like a fool who gets all his news From Fox News. The air traffic controller is a direct result of the sequester which is a direct result of your congress not working. And if the illegal immigrants are already taking 'your job' because I know you really want the job where you get to stand for hours in a wet chlliy room cutting up dead chickens, then making them legal will have no effect on 'your job." And by the way if you're not unemployed why the hell do you even care because you cannot convince me that you give a damn about anyone else but yourself.

And R58 you're right. The focus on illegal immigration has always been about keeping the brown mexicans out even though they've yet to commit a terrorist act against us. Instead of being thankful that we have friendly borders people like the idiot at R57 want to actually antagonize them.

But we welcomed anyone from Russia and Cuba because of their cold war attitudes. That attitude has come back to bite us in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 6004/24/2013

Guys, wait a minute my tin hat is falling off!

by Anonymousreply 6104/24/2013

You also can not marry anyone with any decent income if you're on ssi, as you will lose the ssi. Who wants to take that chance, you're disabled, and if your spouse leaves you, you are fucked. It takes a long time to get it in the first place, years, and it would take years to get it back.

by Anonymousreply 6204/24/2013

I do not understand the hesitation by many to openly admit & address that we have a problem with Islamic-Muslim Extremists. They hate Jews. They hate Christians. They hate atheists. They hate women. They hate gay people. They hate us all and want us all dead. But yet we aren't supposed to say who "they" is. I just want to know why. "They" blew an eight year old boy to smithereens-we can identify him all day long but not the evil f*ckers who are behind it. Why?

by Anonymousreply 6304/24/2013

[quote]SSI does encourage people to stay poor or find a way to earn 'undeclarable' income.

WRONG! Both SSI (which is, in fact, a welfare program) and Social Security Disability (an insurance program) allow generous trial work periods for recipients to attempt to become self-sufficient through employment and get off disability checks.

by Anonymousreply 6404/24/2013

R64, what about what I mentioned. What is a handicapped or disabled person to do if they marry, lose their ssi, then spouse leaves? How long would it take to get ssi back?

by Anonymousreply 6504/24/2013

The only people I honestly cannot get upset about receiving welfare benefits is African-Americans. That's the least the least the federal government could do for them. The shit they have been through in this country is horrific. Everyone else, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 6604/24/2013

People here need to stop believing in Republican propaganda and myths about our American social safety net programs. Immigrants and Black people are not stealing your taxpayer dollars. It's temporary relief. There is no "Welfare" anymore. It's called TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. It provides a combination of financial assistance and work opportunities for needy people:

[bold]What Happens If I Am Unable to Meet the Work Requirements?[/bold] The state may reduce or revoke your benefits.

[bold]Are There Limits to How Long I Can Receive TANF Benefits?[/bold] Yes. In most cases, you can only receive TANF benefits for a maximum of 5 years (or 60 months).

by Anonymousreply 6704/24/2013

No worries about Tamerlan Tsarnaev taking from the government. Per CBS he may have been selling marijuana to finance his terror plot.

by Anonymousreply 6804/24/2013

In the current shitty economy, don't forget that when times were good and the unemployment rate dropped below 5% the Fed would raise interest rates due to inflation concerns. In other words it is an explicit goal of the government and banking system to keep 5% of the US population UNEMPLOYED. This alone makes the case for welfare benefits and unemployment benefits.

by Anonymousreply 6904/24/2013

Apparently, what we really need is education reform.

by Anonymousreply 7004/24/2013

R63, how many times are you and your confrères going to repeat that exact bit of lying misdirection? NOBODY is giving this boy or his happily dead brother a pass. No liberals, anyway.

What we ARE doing is putting these acts in context, a concept you apparently can't hold in your head at the same time as your opprobrium.

by Anonymousreply 7104/24/2013

That's bullshit. Mother's with children get help and if you have NO money, you will get food stamps...other then that, you are on the street. He was getting no government aid. Wealthy corporations get welfare...needy adults do not, unless they have children.

by Anonymousreply 7204/24/2013

I was an accident that caused me to be blind for a year. I now have one barely functioning eye. I was not then nor am I now eligible for any assistance from the government

by Anonymousreply 7304/24/2013

Rush Limbaugh tells the idiots that every liberal is a terrorist and is getting a welfare absurd. These idiots should go down to the welfare office and find out the REAL facts.

Greedy Corporations have caused pretty much every problem,that American's are suffering through.

by Anonymousreply 7404/24/2013

I'm not a Muslim but I am at the point of hating the government of Israel and I pretty much hate Christians going to throw me in prison?

If people hate America, they have damn good reason to hate America.

by Anonymousreply 7504/24/2013

And it took us 75 posts this time for someone to show up with the ever convenient distraction “Israel”.

by Anonymousreply 7604/24/2013

OP is the type who makes more space on his hard drive by deleting text files.

by Anonymousreply 8104/24/2013

R39, It was a topic for discussion on a cable news channel in NY called NY1. They said the fine is $2000. Of course there are background checks and other requirements, and if they meet all requirements, they will get US citizenship in 13 years.

These are the facts! I seriously think they need to increase the fine, if 10 million illegals pay 10K - 20K, our deficit will disappear (of course i'm making this up but it will make a huge difference!)

by Anonymousreply 8204/24/2013

W&W for R48. You really put things into perspective, and it's refreshing to know that there still are some Americans out there who use their brains.

by Anonymousreply 8304/24/2013

R80 You're so incredibly moronic I could see why you'd be worried about jobs. You're not smart enough or educated enough to be able to compete on your own. I guess you're worried that when given a choice between you and one of the formerly illegal, that your ass would be out the door.

by Anonymousreply 8404/24/2013

Capitalism's biggest and most successful con is the idea that it's other poor people who are keeping the rest of us poor.

by Anonymousreply 8504/24/2013

[quote]So you think we should give welfare to terrorists then?

Why not just ask him why he hates Americas so much? That's about on the same level of political discourse.

by Anonymousreply 8604/25/2013

[quote]Why is there a certain brand of liberal (unlike the moderate liberal I pride myself as being) that refuses to ever denounce things that are wrong with progressive policy? How can you NOT see a problem with degenerates like the Boston bombers bilking our system? How can you NOT see a problem with a system that is flawed enough to take these people in as refugees then blahblahblahbahblahblahetc. by: Pissed Fucking Lib

Tip #1 for trolling next time: Actual liberals do not ever refer to themselves as "libs." That is something only reactionary conservatives like freepers do.

Tip #2: Actual liberals never refer to anyone, even the lowest of the low such as freeper scum such as yourself, as "degenerates." Again, that's FreepSpeak.

by Anonymousreply 8704/25/2013

R64 I'm not referring to the fact that you can or cannot work on SSI, just that the qualifying caps are absurd. Even if you do work and receive SSI, you are not allowed to have a certain amount of 'resources' in your account. God forbid you try and save your money and risk being disqualified to receive these benefits. Not allowing people to save who receive SSI does encourage a perpetual cycle of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 8804/25/2013

Did the white race emerge from the Caucus area? Is that the derivation of Caucasion?

by Anonymousreply 8904/25/2013

R33, Teat for two, and two for Teat.

by Anonymousreply 9004/25/2013

LOL@ R41===> I love Dat Cheryl! Gimme mo Cheryl!

by Anonymousreply 9104/25/2013

I like the blue weapons of mass destruction.

by Anonymousreply 9204/25/2013

Thank you for this week's reminder that gay wingnuts are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 9304/25/2013

Only Americans refer to "white" people as Caucasian. Nobody else in the world has a clue what they're talking about. It's sort of the American version of "Aryan".

by Anonymousreply 9404/25/2013

Smart post R80. It is refreshing to read original and MATURE thoughts, especially on this board.

by Anonymousreply 9504/25/2013

There were almost no Muslim immigrants before the Bush years. This post 9-11 influx was driven by Republican policies, particularly the blind eye they closed to all immigration.

I think all immigration of any kind should be stopped until the economy proves it cane create enough jobs sustainably to support our growing population.

by Anonymousreply 9604/25/2013

But it serves no purpose to take away welfare from people who are already here and whose health and safety could affect us all.

by Anonymousreply 9704/25/2013

[quote] I guess I'm one of the strange ones that think if you are anti-American maybe you shouldn't rely on American handouts to get by.

Just remember, 10 years ago, being against the Iraq war and claiming Bush stole the presidency was considered 'Anti-American'

Just how supportive do people have to be to qualify for benefits in your little world? Are they allowed to criticize the President? Foreign policy? If they support Same-sex marriage in a state where it has been banned, does that make them anti-american? If they think the second amendment should be scrapped?

by Anonymousreply 9804/25/2013

The idiocy of the OP's post is not worth responding to- beyond noting it's idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 9904/25/2013

[quote] particularly the blind eye they closed to all immigration

What the fucking fuck? A closed blind eye? Wouldn't it be as useful as an open blind eye?!

by Anonymousreply 10004/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!