and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna's estranged brother arrested

For brawling with the cops.

by Anonymousreply 5504/26/2013

Come on, Madonna, open your heart.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

"Come on, Madonna, open your heart."

But I cannot ignore the 'Body of Evidence' like the public did mine.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Holy mother of god! He is only 56?? He looks 66 easily. How in the hell did her male siblings all become so fucked up? And she has at one time or other been "estranged" from each of them. I understand that they should take responsibility for their own actions and bad choices, but I have never known a family personally where one child did exceptionally well, while the others foundered in the muck. Nevermind. It's Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 304/25/2013

Well yes, if you are a decent person and you are worth 100,million dollars, even if you hate your siblings, the least you could do is set them up with a small place to live, food and maybe some nursing or counseling.

Yes you are responsable for yourself but at a certain point, doing what I just described is less then one day of concerts.

Didnt she give several million to the 9/11 victims? Cant throw a little into a controlled trust fund for the sick brother?

by Anonymousreply 404/25/2013

R4 she has done that over the years. But he keeps going back to drugs.

She has decided to take a hardline. Tough love. She will pay for rehab the minute he decides to get clean (which she has done in the past).

But if he doesn't want to get help for his addiction, she has no choice but to cut him off.

Tough Love

by Anonymousreply 504/25/2013

I have a feeling Madge's Papa basically ignored the kids.

by Anonymousreply 604/25/2013

I gave him the gift of tough love, for which he thanked me with insufficient sincerity.

by Anonymousreply 704/25/2013

Is this her "Grey Gardens" moment?

by Anonymousreply 804/25/2013

R5

Agreed. So many people will jump to the idea that she should be providing for him and yet, if they were in the same situation, after having to bail their own siblings out repeatedly, they'd cut them off too.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 1004/25/2013

She has not cut him off and is not estranged. Rather she can do nothing to help him. Alcoholics who have gone this low are pretty hard to rescue no matter how much money is at their disposal.

I had an uncle more or less like this. My parents are (were) not as rich as Madonna, but they were multiple millionnairs in the 70s and 80s continually trying to help my uncle. They never could. At the end of his life he lived in a more or less flop house out in Montauk. My mother more or less shadowed him paying forward his rent etc. Nothing she did could keep him off the streets, from harming himself, getting into fights etc.

I suggest withholding judgement of Madonna due to her brother's alcoholism. It ain't simple and money cannot rescue anyone from it- only a moment of willingness by the alcoholic can do that. I am sure she would gladly provide the resources for rehab and housing if he was inclined. My uncle never was and my Mom just shadowed him until he finally fell in the bathroom fatally hurthing himself and she "cleaned up" the remaining details of his life.

by Anonymousreply 1104/25/2013

That is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 1204/25/2013

I'm far from a Madonna fan, but I know there's not much you can do for an alkie or drug addict unless the person wants to get help -- and even then it's an iffy proposition.

by Anonymousreply 1304/25/2013

Madonna's a cunt but there is heart in there somewhere. Like the Grinch, I suspect. I would bet that she has helped or TRIED to help this poor soul and it just has not worked. As others have said, the alcoholic/addict has to want help.

by Anonymousreply 1404/25/2013

Keep it together in the family They're a reminder of your history Brothers and sisters they hold the key To your heart and your soul Don't forget that your family is gold

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

"And if you have a problem, I don't give a..."

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

I'm sure she's tried to help him as others have pointed out.

He's in the position he's in because of drugs and possibly mental illness. No amount of money in the world is going to fix those problems. He, and he alone, has to make the decision to get help.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

You Must Love Me. First.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

I wonder how Marty is dong.

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

So which one is the homeless drunk?

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

In defense of her siblings, it's got to be a bitter pill to swallow knowing that your cunt of a sister is a multi-millionaire and having to live in her shadow.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

I doubt that R21- I have a sister who has made millions in a law career and love her and I respect her- in fact I admire her.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

R22 Did you not read what I wrote? I said that it's got to be hard when you're CUNT of a sister is a multi-millionaire. If Vadge was actually a nice person, I'm sure it would be easier for them to accept.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

She's a household name, everybody knows who she is. That would be more more a problem for me if I were her brother.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

Apparently he's the first one from the left! wow he has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Without the botox and waxing Madonna must look just like him.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

R8, so funny. Love that image at R20. Madonna has four brothers? Where's Chris? Far left, if him, has gayface. 2 gay brothers, so jealous.

If the bro needed a kidney I'm sure Madge would pull all strings. She needs to understand that he is ill. Tough love doesn't fix his brain chemistry but a trip to the hospital and then rehab is what he needs. She needs to stage an intervention and PR the crap out of it. Have everyone watching this guy so he doesn't disappoint La Rein. Can she do it and include her gym as treatment?

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

Reading that article at R25 tells you all you need to know about what a cunt Vadge is, especially this line:

[quote]There was some bad feeling in 2000 when Madonna refused to pay for Paula to travel to her second wedding, to Guy Ritchie.

She's such a fucking cheapskate she wouldn't pay for her own sister's travel to her wedding even though she's a fucking multi-millionaire. Pathetic. No wonder the cunt has no true friends if she treats her own family like that.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

[quote]I wonder how Marty is dong.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

I'm surprised that most of the responders are on Madonna's side here. As well they should be. I had a friend whom I loved dearly, but there was only so much I could do to help. He wouldn't stop drinking or taking drugs. He ended up dying from alcohol, and I wish there had been something more I could have done, but I know there wasn't. RIP Kenny.

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

And you of course know her R23 and are able to make that judgement. Fact is you do not and cannot.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

R21

So it's your sibling's fault that you didn't have the same talent, skill, determination, work ethic, or what have you that they did to get to where they are?

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

Do you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail, r28?

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

[quote] She needs to understand that he is ill. Tough love doesn't fix his brain chemistry but a trip to the hospital and then rehab is what he needs.

Idiot. You can't force someone to get well. You can't force someone into treatment if they don't want to go, no matter how many interventions you stage or minders you hire. This is HIS life. He won't get better until he decides that's what he wants to do. Madonna, as much as I loathe her, is powerless in this situation. This isn't her battle. It's his.

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

"I have never known a family personally where one child did exceptionally well, while the others foundered in the muck"

We feel her pain.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

And all those bitches saying she should set up an intervention for him or force him into rehab... if she did... would be the same ones bitching that she's a cunt who wants to dictate the lives of her siblings.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2013

Oh, dear - the Vadge stans have invaded the thread.

And R31 feels stupid because he doesn't know how to read the first time around.

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2013

OK I'm going "all in" against the grain. A 56 year old addict who looks 66 is very unlikely to be saved by rehab/recovery stints. This is very close to home, and I know a bit about what happens to your brain and psyche after years of fighting demons.

Why does his obvious need for financial aid HAVE to be based on "saving" or "rehabbing" him? The man lives under a bridge ffs. Would it be so wrong to pay his rent directly(through an accountant or atty) so he at least has a roof over his head? Sure, he will continue to use, and from the look of him, I would guess he'll be dead in 5 years.

So many of the dangers addicts experience arise from the environment in which their addiction and lack of money places them. I am fortunate. I own my house, have plenty of assets, and I do not have to put myself in physical danger trying to cop. I am relatively healthy. I have almost completely removed alcohol from my life, and as Dr Drew says, heroin is much less destructive to the human body than alcohol by a long shot.

There comes a time in life where you are what you are. M could easily give him the gift of more security and safety just by providing him lodging. I am not suggesting that she fund his habit. Although if she were to give him a $1000 per month "allowance", she actually would be saving him(from a certain death).

by Anonymousreply 3804/25/2013

The family is trying to force him to get help. How would paying the rent on an apartment for him to use, help him?

I have a feeling they know him better than we do, otherwise they wouldn't let all this terrible publicity pop up from time to time.

He loves to tell reporters that Madonna never loved him and he doesn't love her and it sounds like he is a little boy saying shit like: "I know you are but what am I?" How can you deal with someone like that? The guy is 56!

by Anonymousreply 3904/25/2013

Did you actually read my post [R39} or are you just a knee jerk recovery proponent? No offense intended, but I would imagine you are young or you live in a bubble which does not allow you to truly understand long term addiction.

by Anonymousreply 4004/25/2013

I'm pretty sure that her brother has given interviews saying he doesn't expect or want anything from Madonna. So why should anyone else expect it?

by Anonymousreply 4104/25/2013

R28, did you also read the part that says Madonna paid for Mario's legal bills and paid for Martin's rehab? Yeah, what a cheapskate! Madonna probably didn't want Paula at her wedding because Paula threw a major hissy fit at Madonna's last wedding.

by Anonymousreply 4204/25/2013

Since we're on the subject... can we stop a minute and talk about the beauty that is Paula Ciccone?

by Anonymousreply 4304/25/2013

swf, I didn't realise you were privy to all the information in this case that you know all about his housing situation and its history.

by Anonymousreply 4404/26/2013

Details please r42! Why the hissy fit from Paula?

by Anonymousreply 4504/26/2013

[R44] I am no more privy to the information about Anthony Ciccone than anyone else who watches television and reads HuffPost and other online somewhat reputable sites. He has been living on the streets of Traverse City, MI for 16 months, and he would never have become a news item has he not been arrested.

He attests to the fact that Madonna has paid for multiple rehab stints, while adding "she doesn't give a shit about me and she never has." He goes on to say that his father prays for his death by hypothermia so he will cease to be a problem to the family. He adds, I never loved my father, he never loved me...I don't even know him."

The point of my post was that he doesn't have to be sober OR die of hypothermia. It shouldn't be an "either or" situation. I don't have 1/4 of the net worth of Madonna, but I could never bear to see a sibling or even my detestable mother die on the streets while my pockets are overflowing.

Why are people so fixated on treating a man who has a handful of years to live for an addiction which has obviously effected his brain permanently and the damage at 56 is irreversible.

My issue is not with Madonna's generosity or lack thereof. Not at all. I am willing to wager that she would gladly foot the bill for a $30K stay at Hazelton or Betty Ford if he asked for help in getting sober. My feeling is that her $30K could provide safer shelter for him for 3-4 years in Traverse City. I would think he is eligible for Section 8 housing aid, in which case that amount of money would keep him warm indoors for the rest of his natural life. Have you seen the man? He makes Marty look like a well tended to WASP.

It's called empathy and harm reduction.

by Anonymousreply 4604/26/2013

[quote]He goes on to say that his father prays for his death by hypothermia so he will cease to be a problem to the family. He adds, I never loved my father, he never loved me...I don't even know him."

Sounds like ole Silvio was a shitty father. Is it true he was fucking the maid while the mother was dying? No wonder they all ended up with massive drug habits. And by all, I include Madonna.

Power is her drug.

by Anonymousreply 4704/26/2013

You do realize that a lot of the time, people in his condition can't be helped... not even housed because they don't want to be. Not only his he an addict, but he's obviously got mental issues and it wouldn't surprise me if he's the type to have shelter, he wouldn't use it.

Plus you ignore the fact that a large majority of the time, if you have an addict and you give him/her anything, a home, clothes, food, whatever, they'll find a way to sell all of it off to get whatever they're addicted to, and you're therefore just adding to the problem.

It amazes me how so many of you don't use your brains. And I'd bet those of you who bitch about her not giving him assistance, if faced with the same situation where you had repeatedly tried to help a sibling like that, would quit that bitch too and cry about how you had been used.

by Anonymousreply 4804/26/2013

R48 is absolutely correct.

These people have to hit rock bottom before they'll help themselves. Aiding and abetting their behavior only prolongs the agony for both the user and the peole who care for him.

They have to crash and burn.

by Anonymousreply 4904/26/2013

If Madonna paid for shelter, he will turn it into a crack house inviting other addicts in.

by Anonymousreply 5004/26/2013

R45, I couldn't remember the exact story, so I googled it, and here's biographer Andrew Morton's take:

[quote]Always resentful of her sister's success, at her sister's wedding to Sean Penn, Paula burst into the powder room and told the shocked throng: 'This should be my wedding day not hers. I should be the famous one. This should be my career. All the attention should have been mine.' Even Andy Warhol was shocked. 'I can't believe this,' he said.

by Anonymousreply 5104/26/2013

So the solution is just let him die on the streets because he needs tough love? You people watch way too much Dr Phil.

by Anonymousreply 5204/26/2013

I am no Madonna fan.

But if someone is sleeping under a bridge, that speaks to their mental state or their deep addiction.

This man is self-destructive. I've had family members on the same path, or a similar path of self-destruction, and throwing money at them does not solve the problem.

If Madonna was cautious I wouldn't blame her. Several of her family members have betrayed her and/or thrown her to the wolves. Trust is something you can't put a price on.

[quote] So the solution is just let him die on the streets because he needs tough love?

It's not 'needs tough love.' But he has to be WILLING to get help, or make a change, or be healthy. Short of an involuntary commitment to a mental facility, I'm not sure what she (or the family) can do.

by Anonymousreply 5304/26/2013

R46- what makes you think he would stay in the housing she paid for? My uncle (previous post) never stayed in the housing my mother paid for- until the very end. Sometims he insisted on staying with my Grandmother, even pawning her jewelry- despite my mother's support- and my Mom hired someone to track down the jewelry and bought back pieces she could.

Alcoholics cannot be controlled by anyone or for that matter helped, housed whatever when they are as far down as Madonna's brother. The best you can hope for is that they reach some sort of bottom and start to paricipate in their own recovery.

by Anonymousreply 5404/26/2013

R52

Is an idiot and probably stuck in some pathetic relationship where he/she is enabling someone.

by Anonymousreply 5504/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.