Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Apple Martin, age 9, sports a lacey bikini

Too much, too soon?

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

When I was her age in he 60's little girls wore bikinis. People have flipped.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Maybe I'm slow but this is the first time I've seen her first name and surname put together so I've only just realised she's one letter short of sharing her name with a cocktail. This makes her name even more ridiculous to me. Appletini could have potential as a tabloid nickname for when she's a seasoned alcoholic; she's the daughter of an actress and that actress is Gwyneth Paltrow so that's like what 6 or 7 years away?

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

I'm sure she'll be pretty, but oy, that girl has Chris Martin's face!

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

She won't be pretty, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

I've always thought little girls in bikinis were creepy. Too sexualized, like little pageant girls made up like showgirls. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

She's already pretty.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Those babies are fat.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

I don't know what's wrong with a one piece. That area is pretty tender and even with sunscreen could end up burned.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

I haven't seen them so I don't know if they are just 2 piece bathing suits or not. Showing a llttle belly button doesn't seem out of line to me. But it's one thing to wear them and it's another thing to have the kids modeling them like they're little adults in a sexy suit. That picture of Apple does just that.

Why aren't there pics of a bunch of kids playing in bathing suits splashing around a pool rather than fetishizing it. She needs to think more Sears and Penney's catalogues and not Lil Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

In my part of the world little kids are usually naked or wear something similar to those two kids in the picture. One piece swimming suit is a little bit too restricting and girls shouldn't be in a wet one piece for a long time. I see no reason for swimming suit tops for little girls.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

Ummm, it's just a bathing suit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

I'm more concerned young Apple has her mother's horrific posture.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

Beautiful blondes inspire so much obese toxic rage in American culture. Luckily, Apple has inherited my unshakeable sense of self. She will not be moved.

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

That isn't Apple in the link. Apple has a wonky, lazy eye.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

GAP Kids sells bikinis.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

That little girl in the photo is not Apple. Apple is wall eyed and looks like her Daddy. The boy used to be really cute but unfortunately he's growing into Chris Martin's face too. I know it's mean but women like Paltrow, Lopez, Moore, Beyonce', and hopefully Kartrashian, who are revered for their looks and don't seem to be interested in anything other than self promotion, wind up with homely kids. Karma is a bitch and she has a sense of humor. Look at Bruce Willis' baby with his new wife Emma. The kid is a looker. She's a very pretty baby with dark hair and big eyes.The baby's mother keeps a low profile and doesn't come off as a self absorbed dimwitted mannequin, even though she was a model. Look at Christy Turlington. She went to school and got a degree. She runs a charity. She is one of the most beautiful women in the world yet she invests her time and energy into trying to help other women. Her kids are gorgeous. I don't think little kids in two piece bathing suits is creepy. As another poster said, this is nothing new. Most people think they look cute. It is all in the mind of the beholder.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

The same debate came up last year when Jessica Simpson showed a photo of daughter Maxwell in a yellow crotchless bikini. And the year before that, when the paparazzi snapped Suri Cruise in a tiny two-piece. Much ado about nothing.

What’s wrong with those itsy bitsy bathing suits when the wearers are itsy bitsy kids?

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

Notice Gap doesn't call them bikinis. They are just labeled 2 piece bathing suits.

Thanks for the clarification about who's in the pic.

Little kids shoould be able to run around with just trunks - both sexes. The tops are to cover secondary sexual characteristics which little girls don't have.

The Gap suits are cute.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!