Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Victor Newman and Jack Abbott: The Greatest Love Story Never Told Part 3

Wanted to check in to see if anyone was still watching this crapfest. The show has become so deathly dull, but for some reason I still watch everyday.

Will the show rebound anytime soon?

by Anonymousreply 60006/06/2013

I missed yesterday. Have the killed off Katherine yet? Or are they just holding for her loooooong pauses?

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Who on the show is keeping it homo-free? Does Bill Bell haunt the writers' room and strobe the lights whenever someone pitches a gay storyline? Why isn't Fen gay? The actor seems to be playing him that way. Why don't Nick and Dylan just do it? Those two generate more heat than anyone else in the cast put together. Oh, and

Candyman

Candyman

Candyman

Candyman

Candyman

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Not since a couple of months into MAB.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

Jeanne Cooper is top billed on Y&R

The Young and the Restless

Starring

Jeanne Cooper

as

Katherine Chancellor

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

Fen just tried to put the moves on Summer AGAIN today. She turned him down, probably realizing he's gay.

Kyle was replaced today and Abby was replaced last week since Rylan is the new Lulu on GH.

The storylines are just so boring right now.

Lily/Cane/Tyler triangle = snooze Leslie/Tyler/Ex-Con Dad = snooze Michael/Lauren/Carmine = snooze Dylan/anyone he's paired with = snooze Nick/Avery = snooze

Was the Nikki MS story dropped?

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

Nikki is in remission

MTS said she has bought all 8 seasons of West Wing so she can accurately play someone with MS

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Wasn't Noah supposed to be gay? For a while there, he kept getting text messages from someone who signed them "A". And the writers were very purposefully keeping him for using gender specific pronouns. Not a "she" or "her" escaped his lips. I truly thought his love interest from NYC would turn out to be a guy. And then in walks Adrianna and that stupid stolen money storyline. Lost opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Bring back Kimberlin Brown as Sheila Carter!

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

R7- Noah was supposed to be gay, but apparently when Jill took over she put a stop to that idea and turned "A" into Adriana. Talk about an annoying character/plotline! (And SO not New York either.)

I like her cop brother though, not that he's been given much to do.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

Has JFP ever done a gay storyline?

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

I'm thinking about watching tomorrow to check out the new Kyle, Hartley Sawyer ($100 says his mother didn't name him that). But R8, they had better not bring back that hair swoosher Sheila or I will stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

They can't bring back Sheila - last we saw of her she has PS to look exactly like Michelle Stafford, Paul found that out and captured her and put her in a cell..she died but even if she did not she looks like Michelle Stafford now.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

OK, but what if...and bear with me here...what if Phyllis has a huge fight with Jack that ends with a despondent Phyllis hurling herself into a vat of chemicals at one of the Jabot plants. They rush her to the hospital and do what they can to save her. And when they finally peel the bandages away, she looks like...Sheila!

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

I could go for that, R13. I would also like the real Phyllis to still be alive, being kept locked up by Pheila.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

[quote].what if Phyllis has a huge fight with Jack that ends with a despondent Phyllis hurling herself into a vat of chemicals at one of the Jabot plants

It'd be more believable if she ended up looking like The Joker from Tim Burton's "Batman" if that happened. She's half-way there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

r12, that was not really Sheila. Sheila never acted like how Michelle Stafford played it. She was much less in your face.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

Y&R's loss is GH's gain for sure. Ryland so far has been a great Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

R10 I am quite sure JFP changed the Noah is gay storyline so as not offend her homophobic pet, Steve "Blink and Stare" Burton. This show looks and feels like a 50s soap.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Burton's a Christer? Does his character interact with Noah?

I wouldn't necessarily blame this on Jill. Y&R failed famously with the attempt to gayify the original Adam. They may not want to have anything to do with it (though they've got to be more than aware what a boost integrating gay characters into multiple storylines has been for DOOL).

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

They need to bring back the better crazy people - Kimberlin Brown was a cunt.

Better storyline - Victor goes to jail for insider trading (he got info from "Killer" David Kimbel who worked for Jill at Jabot to buy the company out from Jack and John) and is banned from running his company (kind of like Martha).

They bring back Crazy Lisa who put brad in a Bird Cage or any of the other nut jobs who tormented Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

[quote]Jeanne Cooper is top billed on Y&R

She's not. Today's intro titles had Melody Thomas Scott first, followed by Jeanne Cooper.

Joshua Morrow is a Republican, so he might have something to do with quashing any storyline that had Noah being gay.

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

What the fuck is up with Kyle's chin? He looks like a Dick Tracy villain.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

What about ME?????

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

r20 - Tracey Bregman.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

R21 the END credits

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Was today Jeanne's last day? I heard she is very, very sick and sending her off into surgery like that could spell the end.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

When are they going to kill off Chelsea and Avery? Those bitches have no redeeming qualities whatsoever...especially Chelsea. Kevin has also worn out his welcome...

Maybe Genoa City needs a good old-fashioned serial killer to thin out the ranks a bit.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

The sexual tension between Noah and Tyler is quite palpable. There should be a storyline where they get drunk and fuck, but Tyler doesn't reciprocate Noah's affection.

Meanwhile:

Am I wrong, or was Sharon supposed to be the woman that Kyle was interested in???

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

Adam bores me.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

R28, is Tyler a boy?

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

R30, Tyler isn't a boy...he is a *man*. A hot, hot man.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

Thank you, R31. Any chance of him getting it on with M'boy's boy?

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

For a while there, it looked like they were trying to put Kyle and Phyllis together. Skeevy as that is, it MIGHT have made sense with the old Kyle, but not this new guy.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2013

I must admit, the scenes with Katherine, her husband, Jill, Cane and Nikki were touching. Thank God Brock wasn't there calling her "Duchess."

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2013

Stupid Jill spilled the beans to Nikki. That was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2013

To the poster who mentioned the chemistry between Noah and Tyler I was about to post that. Thank goodness someone also saw what I saw. I kinda like that. Tyler and Lily do not work as a couple, sorry. Tyler and Noah WORK!!!

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2013

What date did new Noah first air in the US? (Is the US still a day behind Canada?)

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2013

Fen's eyebrows are bizarre looking.

Noah looks like he wants to drop to his knees in front of Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 3804/27/2013

Thank you OP, for keeping my thread idea going.

by Anonymousreply 3904/27/2013

Is Jeanne Cooper dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 4004/27/2013

What happened to the actor playing Kyle?

I liked him and his looks. Sorry he left. Was he fired?

It was fun when voluptuous large breasted (implants) 18 yr old Summer took her blouse off in the office in front of Kyle supposedly because Kyle spilled something on it.

by Anonymousreply 4104/28/2013

[quote]Is Jeanne Cooper dead yet?

No, and here's my message for you...

by Anonymousreply 4204/28/2013

Who are the new black people?

by Anonymousreply 4304/28/2013

do all episodes of Y&R exist? I would love to see early episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4404/28/2013

Steve Ford is still hot.

by Anonymousreply 4504/28/2013

Yes, r44. The full catalog of Y&R episodes exists. These are the shows with all episodes in tact.

Days of our Lives

Young & Restless

Ryan's Hope

Dark Shadows

The Doctors

Every soap created after 1979

It is a shame that so much material was taped over or lost or destroyed over the years because these programs were not valued.

by Anonymousreply 4604/28/2013

R46 you forgot

Texas

Santa Barbara

Generations

Sunset Beach

by Anonymousreply 4704/28/2013

R42, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 4804/28/2013

[quote] Every soap created after 1979

oops sorry I didn't see you wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 4904/28/2013

Idiot at r47, you can't read?

by Anonymousreply 5004/28/2013

R47 just apologized at R49

by Anonymousreply 5104/28/2013

But where are the episodes? Online somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 5204/28/2013

Some are, R52, but only on YouTube.

I think there are issues with paying actors again, licenses for music, etc. that keep them from rerunning or posting online.

I know when SoapNet ran Ryan's Hope reruns they had to stop at a certain point because the music that was being used in later episodes was licensed and could not be used.

Sometimes it's the stupidity of the network or production company, though. Proctor & Gamble threw away more content, more viewers and more goodwill and interest than most other places ever had.

by Anonymousreply 5304/28/2013

[quote]Proctor & Gamble threw away more content, more viewers and more goodwill and interest than most other places ever had.

Werd. (sic)

by Anonymousreply 5404/28/2013

[quote] Who on the show is keeping it homo-free?

I know for B&B that it runs in a LOT of foreign countries, and places that are more conservative.

I think Y&R is often sold as part of the B&B package so I am thinking that has an effect.

by Anonymousreply 5504/28/2013

So Summer gets a fake ID so that she can sneak into The Underground- a bar owned by her father and the only bartender is her brother?! Is she the moron of the decade or do the writers count on us playing that role?

by Anonymousreply 5604/29/2013

I know this is a Y&R thread, but Bold was out of control today. The workout montage at the beginning, Carolyn turning into a hateful character, Rick and Maya, Hope pouting and the best- Taylor all up in Brooke's business exposing her affair with Bill.

by Anonymousreply 5704/29/2013

Dude! I think the writers are totally navigating uncharted territory with the Tyler and Noah storyline. They have great chemistry, and neither could focus on the hot women who were aggressively pursuing them. Now they're going to move in together? Noah clearly likes chocolate (he started flirting with Mason too)...I hope this story develops into something hooooot.

by Anonymousreply 5804/29/2013

And now Tyler is flirting with Mason! If those two don't end up together, there might be a love triangle.

by Anonymousreply 5904/29/2013

I want me some chocolate dick, too. Tyler and Noah can DP me!

by Anonymousreply 6004/29/2013

B&B is like the #1 show in 80 countries...the actors are all superstars in Italy. Even some 20 years ago. I remember when when they taped at Lake Cuomo..Valentio came by to watch and invited cast members to his house for dinner.

Ronn Moss got a million dollars to do a 30 second watch commercial in Italy... I mean jesus...

Y&R is not as popular overseas and no they do not sell as a package. Y&R is sony - B&B is all Bell-Phillips owned and distributed globally by New World.

by Anonymousreply 6104/29/2013

I can't wait for Tyler and Noah to get an apartment together. You think they're reading as a gay couple now? Wait.

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2013

Today Tyler coyly told Chloe that he's a straight man (when she chastised him about hiring Mason). Tyler Newman has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2013

[quote]Tyler Newman has a nice ring to it.

Yeesh. Like they're really going to have a gay marriage on a daytime soap. God. You people and your insane fantasies.

No, the real storyline is going to go like this: Once they move in together, Tyler is going to periodically barge into Noah's bedroom at night when he's horny and drunk. He'll haul his ten inch dick out of his jeans, throw Noah's legs up in the air and slam it in, no lube At the moment when Tyler comes, Noah will sense it. And with one tear trickling down his tender cheek, he'll sob, "It was always you, Tyler." Tyler will angrily go back out to The Underground and find a girl to flirt with to help him feel better about himself. Eventually, Noah will leave this dysfunctional relationship for Mason. But he'll never forget.

There. Doesn't that seem a lot more feasible?

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2013

Why don't you write for the show R64?

How awkward was that photo shoot with Mason and Summer today? I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be awful at modelling or if the audience was to believe they were doing a good job.

Does anyone else think Dylan has overtaken the show? He has Sharon, Chelsea, Avery and even Chloe going gaga over him. Also, I thought he said he was going to be acting completely differently than on GH. Sure the black tees are gone, but he's still Jason Morgan through and through.

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2013

[quote]Does anyone else think Dylan has overtaken the show?

Whaddya think it means, FOJ?

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2013

[quote]Does anyone else think Dylan has overtaken the show?

Bingo. Which wouldn't be so bad if he was at all interesting. We don't care about him. Avery sobbing every time his name is mentioned isn't the same thing as building a viable, compelling character. Get him the fuck off the show. He's a black hole.

by Anonymousreply 6704/30/2013

Dylan is a one trick pony. Avery's nasolabial folds are distracting. She looks really dowdy and frumpy lately. We can kiss the Y&R we know goodbye.

Get rid of: Cane, Lily, Dylan, Chelsea. One the bright side, Traci and Ashley will be making appearances soon.

by Anonymousreply 6804/30/2013

Dylan's Iraq flashbacks are ridiculously cliché. "Sullivan! Talk to me, Sullivan.!"

by Anonymousreply 6905/01/2013

Brooke is such a capital bitch, snapping her fingers and saying she could have Eric like that! to Taylor. Taylor looked scurred

by Anonymousreply 7005/01/2013

What I dont get is that in over 80 countries B&B has to be conservative to appeal to viewers there and so no gays in the fashion industry but incest and a woman jumping form father to son to brother to brother to daughter's husband to daughter's boyfriend to sister's husband is ok?

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2013

The Daytime Emmy noms are out- Y&R leads with pack with 23!

Michelle Stafford Best Actress Doug Davidson Best Actor Peter Bergman Best Actor Michael Muhney Best Actor Melissa Claire Egan Supporting Actress Jessica Collins Supporting Actress Jeff Branson Supporting Actor Billy Miller Supporting Actor Hunter King Younger Actress (Summer Newman- WTF) Max Ehrich Younger Actor (Fen- again, WTF)

by Anonymousreply 7205/01/2013

This is Doug Davison's year!

by Anonymousreply 7305/01/2013

B&B being 30 minutes helps get it sold internationally, as a 30 minute show is easier to sell.

by Anonymousreply 7405/01/2013

Awful acting during the Nick/Dylan confrontation. I suppose Steve Burton's training at the Maurice Benard School of Drama has its pitfalls when acting opposite another obvious graduate of that institution.

by Anonymousreply 7505/01/2013

Jeanne Cooper back in the hospital. Guess Mrs. Chancellor's brain tumor is gonna prove deadly after all. Cue Brock.

by Anonymousreply 7605/01/2013

Oh, Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 7705/01/2013

My reaction to Jeanne going back to hospital:

by Anonymousreply 7805/01/2013

Fen needs a spanking.

by Anonymousreply 7905/01/2013

What I admire most about that clip, R78, is she didn't spill a drop. That vodka's going to livertown.

by Anonymousreply 8005/01/2013

This show is boring now.

by Anonymousreply 8105/02/2013

Did Fen's hair get a nomination? Seriously, that is one hard-working 'do.

by Anonymousreply 8205/02/2013

With that hair, Fen looks like he stepped out of an 80s music video.

by Anonymousreply 8305/02/2013

r78, why is she moaning in that scene? I do not recognize the context. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 8405/02/2013

R84, Phillip just left her old smoking/drinking/fucking stable boys ass for Jill, whom he really loved. No matter how much Kay is a saint now, no matter how much she has tried to rewrite history, she drove Phillip away. Jill didn't set out to break up that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 8505/02/2013

Fen and Summer are awful.

by Anonymousreply 8605/02/2013

I agree r81. It is so incredibly boring, I am riveted to it in perverse fascination. Nothing is happening. It has the most mediocre cast in recent soap history.

by Anonymousreply 8705/02/2013

It's time for you all to check out OLTL - so much better than Y&R or GH.

by Anonymousreply 8805/02/2013

Since when is Cane a corporate leader? That's just about the most ridiculous plotline since Drucilla, illiterate well into her twenties, was appointed as a cosmetics head at Newman!

by Anonymousreply 8905/02/2013

How many times can Cane and Neil change jobs? One minute they're working at Jabot, and then Chancellor. Even within Jabot they seem to have a new job title every week.

Same with Sharon. How many job titles has she carried at Newman in the past six months?

by Anonymousreply 9005/02/2013

So boring. Between Y&R and DOOL I don't know which is more boring.

by Anonymousreply 9105/02/2013

If Jeanne passes on Doug Davidson will be the actor with the most seniority on Y & R

Y&R

Starring

Doug Davidson

as

Paul Williams.

by Anonymousreply 9205/02/2013

You're remarkably tedious, R92.

by Anonymousreply 9305/02/2013

I ain't dead yet!

by Anonymousreply 9405/02/2013

I can't stand Cane. He's a fucking crook.

by Anonymousreply 9505/03/2013

The guy that's playing Kyle now looks like the guy that played Noah after Kevin G. Schmidt was fired, only creepier.

by Anonymousreply 9605/03/2013

nukyle is creepy to the nth degree, so is dylan. that goody two shoes act is wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 9705/03/2013

Nukyle looks like a nebbish pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 9805/03/2013

So who will return for Katherine's funeral? Brock? Mackenzie? How about that broad Kay went lez for in the '70s? And they should bring back Brenda. I know she can't play Jill, but maybe they could have her be some superbitchy angel who ushers Kay to heaven.

by Anonymousreply 9905/03/2013

After Jeanne Cooper dies, they should bring back that actress who played Marge. She looked just like her.

by Anonymousreply 10005/03/2013

r100, that was actually Jeanne doing double duty as Marge. So if Kay dies, so does Marge. Not a bad idea, though.

by Anonymousreply 10105/03/2013

The backstage bickering is better than the show.

by Anonymousreply 10205/03/2013

Tyler and Noah!!!! FTW!

by Anonymousreply 10305/03/2013

I know R101. I was just indulging in a little black humor.

by Anonymousreply 10405/03/2013

Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 30m Tip of the day: Not all men with mustaches are xxxx philes. But all men who are xxxx philes have mustaches.

Angie Kauth ‏@Daisy099 26m @michaelmuhney I don't think daddy @EBraeden would care to much for this tweet...stir the pot. lol. Have a wonderful weekend Michael :)

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 15m @Daisy099 someone is walking on VERY thin ice! Mutterings of an insecure boy!!!

by Anonymousreply 10505/03/2013

The cast is divided into little cliques. They all loathe each other. There's even squabbling within cliques (for example, Case and Morrow). It doesn't help that JFP is a polarizing figure who pits her cast members against each other. There's always been so much in-fighting, but JFP's presence has magnified issues. Stafford is normally ok when she's been catered and sucked up to. Now that she has no storyline, it's a 180 with her and everyone is watching their back.

by Anonymousreply 10605/03/2013

There will be a sudden drop at Y&R with all these changes and everyone will scamble -- who was on last week? don't write for them anymore!

But it's all the little changes that aren't so little that have been going on that will tank the show.

It wasn't long after Phelps took over GL that the show changed so much -- Justin Deas, Marj Dusay, Barbara Crampton were in and Ellen Parker, Beverly McKinsey and Kimberly Simms were out.

Match a cast list from September 2012 to September 2013. It'll be real different.

by Anonymousreply 10705/03/2013

Steve Burton and JFP suck! It's amazing that Y&R has been #1 for so long. The show sucks!

by Anonymousreply 10805/03/2013

R108, it won't be the first soap JFP has killed.

Is it possible Burton is even worse on Y&R than he was on GH? Hard to believe, but it sure seems to be true.

by Anonymousreply 10905/03/2013

I flipped it on the other day for the first time in ages. Burton is terrible. The whole show is a crashing bore, and it's becoming almost unrecognizable with all the new characters. I see that JFP is still doing her dated, cliche musical montages at the end. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 11005/03/2013

What's with all the stupid background music?

by Anonymousreply 11105/03/2013

Michael Muhney and Eric Braeden are warring on Twitter.

Muhney just told Braeden he tweets the mutterings of an insecure old man...

by Anonymousreply 11205/03/2013

The set sounds like a war zone.

by Anonymousreply 11305/03/2013

I adore Muhney for calling Braeden out on his shit. The old fart's been hustling young madchens in and out of his dressing room for decades.

by Anonymousreply 11405/04/2013

I just noticed that the girl that's playing Summer looks more like Sharon than Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 11505/04/2013

Jeanne is in the final stages according to Corin Bernson. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 11605/04/2013

Well, she had a hell of a life. Met her once. A real doll.

Muhney was a fool trying to make a joke about pedos. Think about it, dude.

by Anonymousreply 11705/04/2013

Somebody on twitter suggested that if Jeanne dies, instead of recasting Kay, they should have Lucinda Walsh move to Genoa City from Oakdale and take over Chancellor Insustries with her company WorldWide. Thereby a replacement won't alientate fans since Elizabeth Hubbard is an already established and equally enjoyed veteran actress.

by Anonymousreply 11805/04/2013

Maybe Muhney is setting it up so he can blame Braeden when he gets fired. The recent rumors that Muhney is on his way out have been very persistent.

by Anonymousreply 11905/04/2013

Have there been rumors? He (tweeted I think) he just signed for another two years. Now soap contracts have that six week out, or did, but still... surprised to read that. He's one of the best 'actors' on the show, could probably play real parts if he could win one, but when it comes to Twitter he's a disaster... his judgment is terrible and he comes across as his number one fan.

by Anonymousreply 12005/04/2013

Muhney's got a family to support. Y&R would not be so cruel to fire him, since he inked a contract to be there through 2015.

by Anonymousreply 12105/04/2013

I agree with those upthread who say JFP is doing her usual trick of sidelining the veterans. I think she's just so called on it previously she played for time and she's doing it now she's settled it. It's not working. Steve Burton's eating the show without earning it.

by Anonymousreply 12205/04/2013

Eric Braeden is German and doesn't play that irony game that Americans and Brits do, when they say something snarky and vicious and pretend it's a joke. To play on the same show with somebody like Braeden is a blessing - you know exactly what you're dealing with and he doesn't bitch or stab anybody in the back. He has dignity even if he stands alone - he never panders to his cast. Michael Muhney is just too sensitive and too earnest for his own good. I remember James Scott of Days of our Lives saying that twitter seems like a breeding ground for actors' narcissism where they go to get their egos massaged by fans --- which he why he stays off it -- and you know what? He was right.

by Anonymousreply 12305/04/2013

Nick, Avery, Dylan and Chelsea are definitely destroying the show. It could not be more bland even if it tried. They are new Sonny, Carly, Carly and Courtney. JFP always had a 'Fab Four' who dominate.

by Anonymousreply 12405/04/2013

It'sa"blessing" to work with Braeden because he doesn't shittalk behind your back? I guess, bit I'd rather him do that than be sexist and borderline inappropriate with his female co-stars before demanding that they get fired (Maura West) to name just one of EB's many shitty stunts.

by Anonymousreply 12505/04/2013

What? He demanded Maura's firing? Your source?

by Anonymousreply 12605/04/2013

Jeanne's on her way out according to her son:

by Anonymousreply 12705/04/2013

With Jeanne Cooper on her death bed, Muhney and Braeden's conduct on twitter last night was the height of bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 12805/04/2013

It burns Eric Braeden that he is FOURTH in seniority behind Jeanne, Doug Davidson and Melody Thomas Scott.

When Jeanne passes on it will be

Y&R

Starring

Doug Davidson

as

Paul Williams.

by Anonymousreply 12905/04/2013

It will never be and starring Doug Davidson because who cares?

It might as well be and starring Kate Linder as Esther.

by Anonymousreply 13005/04/2013

R130 he has the most seniority after Jeanne Cooper

by Anonymousreply 13105/04/2013

According to Jeanne's book, Kate Linder actually pitched to the producers that Mrs Chancellor should be killed off and have Esther inherit everything in the will. Little traitor!!!

by Anonymousreply 13205/04/2013

So where's it written the actor with the most seniority gets that credit? It isn't. Jeanne Cooper is an institution on that show. Davidson's just been around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 13305/04/2013

R133 Jeanne only has four years seniority over Doug Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 13405/04/2013

I wish the Paul Williams seniority troll would find a new gag already.

by Anonymousreply 13505/04/2013

In this scene from ATWT several years ago, there's a list of soap opera cities on the airport arrivals screen:

NEW ORLEANS GENOA CITY CHICAGO PINE VALLEY BAY CITY LAS VEGAS SANTA BARBARA SPRINGFIELD

by Anonymousreply 13605/04/2013

Suzanne Rogers (Days) and Jeanne Cooper started their respective shows in the same year. 1974

Starring

Suzanne Rogers

as

Maggie Horton

by Anonymousreply 13705/04/2013

I think whoever is obsessed with and posting the seniority credits in this thread must have some kind of asperger's syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 13805/04/2013

R138 and your point is?

by Anonymousreply 13905/04/2013

"Now soap contracts have that six week out, or did, but still... surprised to read that."

No. In the first year of your contract, the show has the option to let you go every 13 weeks. In year two and three, the show has the option to let you go every 26 weeks. After your three year, if you are re-signed, there is no standard oontract.

(But really they can let you go at any time. Your contract really guarantees you a certain number of days per week. So a 13-week cycle at a 2-per-week guarantee is really just a guarantee of 26 days of work that cycle. The show can schedule you those 26 days anywhere over the 13 weeks. So they can burn them off early and get rid of you.)

by Anonymousreply 14005/04/2013

To add to what R140 said, if they want to fire you mid-cycle, all they need to do if pay you for any remainder episodes on your guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 14105/04/2013

[quote]I agree with those upthread who say JFP is doing her usual trick of sidelining the veterans.

No. YR's vets are some of the most dysfunctional, entitled asses in the soap business. The continue to keep that set in a state of constant one upping and back stabbing. As someone said, it is a war zone over there. That was one of the reasons why JFP was hired, to get that set in line.

[quote]Nick, Avery, Dylan and Chelsea are definitely destroying the show.

YR hasn't been the same since Bill Bell stepped down due to his Alzheimer's Disease.

[quote]JFP always had a 'Fab Four' who dominate.

Wrong. It is well known that the 'four strategy' was implemented by Brian Frons across the board on all ABC soaps.

[quote]It'sa"blessing" to work with Braeden because he doesn't shittalk behind your back?

Eric Braeden is one of the cancers on that set. His treatment of Maura West with the blessing of Maria Bell was reprehensible.

Michael Muhney hasn't been embraced by the clique because he dares call them out on their bullshit. Does he say some silly shit on Twitter? Sure, but the way he's treated on that set, let him use Twitter to vent.

The Y&R set makes the Cybill and Roseanne sets look functional in comparison. It is a toxic environment. The clique started their mess with Burton, but he's not having it and shut them down pretty quickly.

It is a mess over there.

by Anonymousreply 14205/04/2013

So, what's the scoop behind the Kyle Abbott recast? It seems like another bad decision, since the new guy isn't much of an actor and isn't as appealing as Blake Hood. Is it another case of JFP just wanting to get her rocks off by firing someone?

by Anonymousreply 14305/04/2013

R143. The actor pissed off Michelle Stafford in a scene. She said that he wasn't 'prepared'.

by Anonymousreply 14405/04/2013

What? That cannot be true.

by Anonymousreply 14505/04/2013

They wanted to do Kyle and Phyllis. Stafford complained.

by Anonymousreply 14605/04/2013

This thread is dishy!

Details on Braeden getting Maura West shitcanned!??

by Anonymousreply 14705/04/2013

r146: I figured they were going to Jack and Jill and John2.0.

I wonder if Stafford knows her character is so highly loathed by some fans that she feared the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 14805/04/2013

r127 It's hard to determine by Corbin's latest post - just what is medically not being done now? If they took out a ventilator -would she pass away right then? He seems to indicate there still is some time?

I feel badly for them. Have been in that situation and it's agonizing.

by Anonymousreply 14905/04/2013

JFP should get rid of the opening using the actor's names. This should never have been done. The show is the star, not them.

by Anonymousreply 15005/04/2013

r150 If I recall correctly, Eric Braeden demanded his name be part of the opening credits during his contract negotiations back in 2000 or 2001.

The show agreed to that condition. But rather than just name Breaden, they started naming all the actors in the opening credits. That was when they introduced the opening with the red background with a jazzier version of the theme (which ran for about 18 months until the reverted back to the white background and the traditional theme).

Problem was that over the years, the show grew lazy about updating the credits to include people who joined the cast. One of the first things JFP did was update the credits to include everyone on contract.

by Anonymousreply 15105/04/2013

What's going on with Daniel Graziadei these days? He needs to be on a prime-time TV as a regular or playing Joseph Gordon-Levitt's brother in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 15205/04/2013

Supposedly, Muhney & Morrow are good friends. Braeden always seems to have an attitude. Why anyone sees him as the star of the show is beyond me.

I am waiting to hear about he & Muhney having a fistfist...same as he did years ago with Bergman.

by Anonymousreply 15305/04/2013

I'm still amazed that they keep renewing Braeden's contract. He's the highest paid actor on the show and the most difficult, yet his "acting" is laughable and his character is totally unlikable. But when I've brought this up in the past, someone always points out that the 18 to 49-year-old women who watches the show loves Victor and fingers themselves whenever he's on screen, so who knows...

by Anonymousreply 15405/04/2013

r153, Muheny and Braeden posted a 'stare-off' several months ago on youtube. I think Braeden thinks he can dominate the younger actor and the boy is starting to rebel:

by Anonymousreply 15505/04/2013

R154, I once read an Aretha Franklin interview where she practically creamed her panties talking about Eric Braeden. She also said that she's been trying to get a guest spot on Y&R for years because of how much she likes him.

by Anonymousreply 15605/04/2013

Eric Braeden had the best chemistry on the show with Brenda Epperson as Ashley. She was much warmer in that role than Eileen Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 15705/04/2013

r154 The popularity of Eric Braeden continually amazes me. Same is true of Maurice Benard.

Both actors mumble their way through scenes as they phone in their performances. And both are some of the highest paid daytime performers. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 15805/04/2013

Braeden makes $9000 per episode and has a three episode a week guarantee.

Bernard makes $11,500 per episode and has a four episode a week guarantee.

Melody Thomas Scott makes the most per episode on Y&R at a little over $10,000 an episode, but is only guaranteed two episodes a week.

Burton came on to Y&R and is also making around $9000 an episode.

So Maurice wins.

by Anonymousreply 15905/04/2013

How is Burton getting paid that much as a newcomer? Please don't tell me he has a bigger salary than Michael Muhney or god forbid Doug Davidson?!

by Anonymousreply 16005/04/2013

Don't know how you know those numbers r159.

But if ABC was so budget strapped two years ago that they had to kill off two of its soaps, the obvious way to solve that problem would be to slash Benard's guarantee to twice a week.

Or cut his per episode fee to one more befitting his talent. Say $1,000 per episode.

by Anonymousreply 16105/04/2013

Over the past few years, every soap star has been asked to take pay cuts, from Braeden and Benard to La Lucci. These are reduced rates.

by Anonymousreply 16205/04/2013

La Cooper is near death, bitches.

RESPECT.

by Anonymousreply 16305/04/2013

Don't worry R163, I'm gassing up the car.

by Anonymousreply 16405/04/2013

R159 knows their shit.

I know several ppl who worked backstage or as writers at Y&R and that's all on the money.

Maura West was a complex case - she was really forced on Y&R by CBS, who originally pushed for Maura's ATWT character to move to Y&R. But Procter & Gamble wasn't in favor of that, so CBS basically insisted she be on Y&R.

Having said all that, Maria picked an awful idea for a recast and then gave her no backup support amongst the cast. Supposedly people literally turned their back to Maura, and that's just childish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 16505/04/2013

It didn't help that Hogan Sheffer (never the most gracious person) had a huge grudge against Maura West that dated back to ATWT. Maria Bell allowed him to use his questionable writing skills to shit on West.

by Anonymousreply 16605/04/2013

All due respect to Michael Learned, but should La Cooper indeed depart this life, so should Katherine Chancellor depart Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 16705/04/2013

R118 If they brought Lucinda Walsh to take over Chancellor, well, that's the only way I'd watch Y&R again.

They've fucked it up too many times. They should have stuck with LML.

by Anonymousreply 16805/04/2013

Giving an actor a four-day/week guarantee in 2013 is fucking INSANE!

Anyone remember that scene in which Victor picked up Diane and threw her out of the ambulance? It was crazy that that even made it into the script, much less taped.

by Anonymousreply 16905/04/2013

[quote]To play on the same show with somebody like Braeden is a blessing - you know exactly what you're dealing with and he doesn't bitch or stab anybody in the back.

Are you fucking kidding me?

by Anonymousreply 17005/04/2013

What are the chances of JFP bringing Kimberlin Brown back as Sheila Carter Grainger Forrester Warwick?

by Anonymousreply 17105/04/2013

Absolutely zero, R171. Or so I hope.

by Anonymousreply 17205/04/2013

Why? What have you got against Sheila?

by Anonymousreply 17305/04/2013

I think Y&R's slower, more deliberate pacing would suit Liz Hubbard. Her frantic, frenzied performances on ATWT would have to get toned down. Hubbard is definitely capable of doing more subtle work. I would love it if some ATWT/GL characters made their way to Genoa City. What is P&G's problem? It's not like these shows will be resuscitated in any form ever again.

by Anonymousreply 17405/04/2013

I don't believe a word in R159 post

by Anonymousreply 17505/04/2013

r174, I remember back when AW was canceled, ABC tried to buy/license the character of Felicia Gallant, but P&G refused. And back when GL was canceled, I believe Crystal Chappell tried to get them to license Olivia (and her girlfriend) for a web series, but they refused that request also.

by Anonymousreply 17605/04/2013

P&G would cave if the fraus launched a Free Lucinda or Fuck Tide campaign. Creative rights to a soap character isn't making them any money. I wonder why they were so stubborn about it. If they cared about their properties they never would have let JFP turn GL into Goodfellas.

by Anonymousreply 17705/04/2013

She makes the show unwatchable, R173. And please be assured I did not look at your video.

Partly, it's that voice. And partly, that thing she does with her curtain of hair. Together, they make her the worst character ever, played by the worst actress ever. You cannot overestimate the degree to which I think she was responsible for making Y&R a POS.

by Anonymousreply 17805/04/2013

R174, I would understand P&G's refusal to allow one of their characters to be on an ABC soap but having them on Y&R is different-they're all on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 17905/04/2013

Dearest JFP,

I hear that a role in my age range will be opening up shortly. I need a job. Please keep me in mind as soon as casting begins. We were magic together at GL...let's reproduce that at Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 18005/04/2013

No way Maurice Bernard got that in his latest contract. He's not even considered leading man any longer. He's on at most - twice a week. And sometimes not even that. At one time though I wouldn't doubt he had a deal like that.

by Anonymousreply 18105/04/2013

[quote] I remember back when AW was canceled, ABC tried to buy/license the character of Felicia Gallant, but P&G refused. And back when GL was canceled, I believe Crystal Chappell tried to get them to license Olivia (and her girlfriend) for a web series, but they refused that request also.

P&G could fuck up a one car funeral.

The above is the reason why, no matter how successful these online shows might become, they'll never resume production of any of their shows, or license them.

by Anonymousreply 18205/04/2013

r181, it is very expensive to keep Maurice in the finest black hair shellac. If he's not careful, it runs down his face.

by Anonymousreply 18305/05/2013

Do Muhney and Braedon actually dislike each other or is it all for "fun" twitter drama?

by Anonymousreply 18405/05/2013

I have never read anything about how they feel about each other, R184, but seems to me if they were going to manufacture Twitter drama they wouldn't start with a "joke" about pedophilia. But you don't need intellectual genius to act...

I wonder if the real problem they're too much alike?

by Anonymousreply 18505/05/2013

Of course it is. They are both untalented, ego-obsessed hams. Where would Muhney be if he didn't get lucky at Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 18605/05/2013

To me he's a classic example of why actors should stay away from Twitter or have somebody do the typing for them. Muhney's regularly wrapped up in Twitter dramas, then trying for cover under claims of using honesty, irony, blah blah blah. But he puts his foot in it all the time and can't control or resist his impulses to reply, making it worse in the end. He's calling his pedo remark an 'innocent joke'... doesn't even get it.

by Anonymousreply 18705/05/2013

Michael has deleted his angry tweets directed at Braeden but kept the offending pedophile joke. I wonder how this played out.

by Anonymousreply 18805/05/2013

If this recent picture of Eric and Michael is any indication, I'm sure the Twitter feud is all a joke...

by Anonymousreply 18905/05/2013

Wow. Victor got OLD.

by Anonymousreply 19005/05/2013

It's all kicking off on twitter. Victoria Rowell retweeted that Jeanne Cooper had died and Jeanne's son went off on her on twitter and called her her an idiot. It didn't help that the message said Jeanne was born in 1911 which would have made her 102 by now LOL. Then Eric Braeden said Jeanne is not only still alive, she sitting up in bed and talking to her daughter. Meanwhile Michael Muhney is still making strange comments on his feed - "Never argue with a fool, from a distance it's hard to tell who's who..." (I should apply this insight more often in my life.)" The backstage drama at Y&R is certainly more riveting than anything on screen.

by Anonymousreply 19105/05/2013

Has Doug Davidson tweeted yet?

After all he is second in seniority to Jeanne Cooper.

He is on stand-by to see if her will inherit her throne.

by Anonymousreply 19205/05/2013

When Jeanne dies, will Eric Braeden yell out, "The Queen is dead! Long live the King!" as Doug Davidson enters the set?

by Anonymousreply 19305/05/2013

Eric wants the top billing. Unfortunately he is behind Doug Davidson and Melody Thomas Scott in seniority.

by Anonymousreply 19405/05/2013

The cast credits on the show are done alphabetically, not chronologically. So, all this top billing discussion is really a mute point.

But the top-billed troll does get a lot of mileage out of posting that info in every soap thread.

by Anonymousreply 19505/05/2013

Not on Days, GH or B&B R195

by Anonymousreply 19605/05/2013

Moot point. For godssake.

by Anonymousreply 19705/05/2013

No matter once Jeanne kicks the can, Doug Davidson will be the longest tenured actor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 19805/05/2013

I'm so sick of Cane! He is so smarmy they should turn him back into a con man and rib Katherine of all her money!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19905/05/2013

The first episode I ever saw of Y&R featured Paul seducing Nikki. Later, we found out he gave her (and yes, this is what they called it back then) VD.

by Anonymousreply 20005/05/2013

And a very lucky one.

by Anonymousreply 20105/05/2013

Besides they could always follow the other three shows in billing. And once that happens it will be

Starring

Doug Davidson

as

Paul Williams.

by Anonymousreply 20205/05/2013

LMAO...I really feel like a jackass now, thanks to R195. The other day I was wondering why Jessica Collins was second billed already (behind Eric Braeden), but it's clear that the intros are now alphabetical. That said, there was DEFINITELY a time that Y&R was more strategic in its intros. That's why there were episodes that featured Melody Thomas Scott as the lead actor (followed by Eric BRAEDEN and Heather TOM...).

by Anonymousreply 20305/05/2013

Funny. Paul gave Nikki VD, Kevin gave Lily chlamydia, and Adam gave Sharon a dead baby!!!

by Anonymousreply 20405/05/2013

Haha VD!!! Does anyone remember when Lauren suspected that Paul was having ED and so she rubbed up against him to see if he got hard ?!! And se was not married to him or anything just curious lol

by Anonymousreply 20505/05/2013

I wish Nick would give me something.

by Anonymousreply 20605/05/2013

I think it's hilarious that Paul is preoccupied with Lauren and Carmine's affair...when Lauren cheated on him repeatedly, and then cheated with him while she was married to Scott (wasn't he the guy Lauren was with when Sheila started mailing puzzle pieces of a picture in order to blackmail Lauren?).

by Anonymousreply 20705/05/2013

Funniest line ever, courtesy of Brenda Dickson as Jill:

"Kay, when are you going to die already? I suppose when they find a safe place to bury your liver!"

by Anonymousreply 20805/05/2013

[quote] when Lauren cheated on him repeatedly,

Lauren never cheated on Paul. It was her lies that destroyed the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 20905/05/2013

I'm hearing that Jensen Buchanan is joining the show as a new character named Daphne.

by Anonymousreply 21005/05/2013

Isn't Jensen married to a Hollywood agent and retired from acting?

by Anonymousreply 21105/05/2013

Oh, wow. TV Guide's Michael Logan's tweet:

[quote]Victoria Rowell: Desperate actress using this time of great sadness to further her own notoriety. But is anyone surprised? Keep praying.

by Anonymousreply 21205/05/2013

She must be fawning all over Miss Jeanne. Who got the scoop?

by Anonymousreply 21305/05/2013

She tweeted Jeanne Cooper died

by Anonymousreply 21405/05/2013

She tweeted "Miss Thing gonna be FIERCE in Heaven, bossing around Ruth Warwick and shit."

by Anonymousreply 21505/05/2013

^ LOL

by Anonymousreply 21605/05/2013

So, do Paul and Nikki still have VD? And does she still a little resentment towards him about it?

by Anonymousreply 21705/05/2013

The new Kyle is gross. What happened to the other guy?

by Anonymousreply 21805/05/2013

Fen is a loser like his uncle Kevin. What a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 21905/05/2013

Ironically, Lauren never cheated on Paul. She did cheat on Scott with Brad (who was in heila had).

by Anonymousreply 22005/05/2013

Twitter should never have been created.

by Anonymousreply 22105/05/2013

Where's helia had ??

by Anonymousreply 22205/05/2013

Ms. Peters at r180 - who are you trying to fool? Your character was dead before I took over GL.

by Anonymousreply 22305/05/2013

Is Kevin still on? How about Gloria?

by Anonymousreply 22405/05/2013

She dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 22505/05/2013

Has she kicked it yet?

by Anonymousreply 22605/05/2013

Yeah. I remember it as Lauren and Brad in the puzzle.

Really not enjoying nu-Kyle. Terrible recast.

by Anonymousreply 22705/06/2013

Kevin is still on, stuck in a horrible storyline where he and whatserface his wife are thieves. Gloria appears about once every two weeks to complain about her husband.

by Anonymousreply 22805/06/2013

I can't stand Chloe or Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 22905/06/2013

Are Rikaart and LeBlanc still an item?

by Anonymousreply 23005/06/2013

Chrissy LeBlanc's starting to show her age.

by Anonymousreply 23105/06/2013

On Jeanne Cooper:

OK, I like her, love her work, and wish her renewed health or safe passage in passing away, whatever she needs.

And I understand her family is handling this their own way, and I can appreciate that.

But does anyone else think it's weird - or excessive - how much her son has been posting on Facebook about the whole thing?

It felt a bit odd and excessive to me.

Especially since she has some unnamed ailment. This reminds me of when Nikki was sick with a disease no one knew what it was (this was several near death experiences ago, not her current MS).

by Anonymousreply 23205/06/2013

Christian LeBlanc is def. starting to show his age, he's not hot anymore.

Watch, Jeanne Cooper will live another 10 years.

Corbin just might be a weirdo like his character father what's his face (Paul and Patty's brother)

by Anonymousreply 23305/06/2013

Actually, Fridays scene of Katherine going up he stairs without Jill's help, and their very fraught "good night"'s would have been a lovely way to end it.

by Anonymousreply 23405/06/2013

What's dear Susan Lucci doing these days? She'd make a great Katherine.

by Anonymousreply 23505/06/2013

R232, I think it's a bad side effect from all the social media.

People tweet and overshare all this stuff but they shouldn't. They do it because they can.

God bless him, Corbin's an actor and actors tend to overshare sometimes.

Some of this should remain private.

R235, you're funny.

by Anonymousreply 23705/06/2013

r234, it was eerie to see that scene knowing Jeanne is fighting for her life. I still think that it would be in bad taste to recast Kay and that Lucinda Walsh should fulfill the characters function until they figure out where the hell to go next. To be honest, the whole show doesn't deserve any of the acclaim it enjoys. It's boring, badly written, the actors don't seem to try very hard and the aesthetic of the show has gone to hell (remember the music cues of the 80s and 90s, and the way the scenes looked? It had shadows, gloomy ambiance and emphasis on faces).

by Anonymousreply 23805/06/2013

Give up the dream of getting Lucinda Walsh or any PG character on your screen ever again. PG/Televest, etc., will never sell those characters or license them to any other entity. It's an odd bunch over there, they don't want to be in the soap business, but they don't want to give up control of those properties.

by Anonymousreply 23905/06/2013

Carly Tenney and Barbara Ryan from ATWT were both in the fashion industry weren't they? B&B could use those two characters. It would be fabulous to see Jack and Carly relocate from rural Oakdale life to the big bad City of Angels and the culture shock therein. Maura West would be FAB on B&B! And Colleen Zenk would be suitable as a Sally Spectra replacement, playing Barbara again. Lucinda on Y&R is simply genius. Bascially, I need to be headwriter.

by Anonymousreply 24005/06/2013

Forget Elizabeth Hubbard as Lucinda

Now if they need a replacement for Katherine, why not bring back Dina Abbott Mergeron to Genoa City.

And have her played by Elizabeth Hubbard

Madame Mergeron back in Genoa City!

by Anonymousreply 24105/06/2013

R239, never say never. Their attitude might have softened recently.

by Anonymousreply 24205/06/2013

R241, good idea.

by Anonymousreply 24305/06/2013

Is GH beating Y&R in the ratings now?

by Anonymousreply 24405/06/2013

R244 No

by Anonymousreply 24505/06/2013

Oh thanks I wondered R245, because on Soap Central, there are always twice as many viewers on the GH board than Y&R lately.

by Anonymousreply 24605/06/2013

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 24705/06/2013

You'l have to pry the script from my cold dead hands, Mama Walton, you cunt!

by Anonymousreply 24805/06/2013

Interesting scene here of Lucinda making out the original Creg. It seems like Liz Hubbard ad-libbed this.... the actor was rather aroused it seems.

by Anonymousreply 24905/06/2013

Calhoun, Fitts, Trach. Those were the days, R249.

by Anonymousreply 25005/06/2013

Saw Michael Graziadei (Daniel) at brunch on Cinco de Mayo. He looked adorable. I think he was with family.

by Anonymousreply 25105/06/2013

Lustful Lucinda's maniacal laughter as Craig writhes in her arms at the end is pure genius. One of the funniest and most perfectly done seduction scenes I have EVER seen!

by Anonymousreply 25205/06/2013

Liz Hubbard is wonderful, but she's turning 80 this year. I think she might be enjoying her retirement.

by Anonymousreply 25305/06/2013

Have we discussed Billy Miller's tits lately? Because they deserve mentioning.

by Anonymousreply 25405/06/2013

A little moobish, R254.

by Anonymousreply 25505/06/2013

Billy rivals Jessie Metcalfe in the suckable titties dept.

by Anonymousreply 25605/06/2013

Is that what they call barrel-chested?

by Anonymousreply 25705/06/2013

We could charitably call him "barrel-chested." He's actually downright fat.

by Anonymousreply 25805/06/2013

R258 I sure would like to see some of you concave-chested manorexics. Actually, I probably wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 25905/06/2013

LOL right, R259. If Billy Miller is fat then so is Kate Moss.

by Anonymousreply 26005/06/2013

I loved the scene yesterday between Paul and Lauren. The occasional nostalgia beats like that are the only thing keeping me watching. I'm just fast forwarding through anything with Dylan. Awful character, awful actor, awful story.

by Anonymousreply 26105/07/2013

The ONLY thing that would make the Nick-Avery-Dylan triangle interesting is if Nick and Dylan got into a fight and ended up fucking.

by Anonymousreply 26205/07/2013

I am not suprised Dylan sucks. Steve Burton is a lousy actor and will never advance beyond a soap; in fact the only reason he is on this one is because of JFP. I knew he would swallow the show. GH has the same problem with Ron's favorites taking airtime away from legacy GH characters. Meanwhile, I watched B&B for the first time in over a year yesterday to learn that 50 plus Brooke is once again pregnant by another male married to one of her relatives, this time her sleazy bro-in-law Bill. Gotta love Brookie and her 'destinieeees'

by Anonymousreply 26305/07/2013

I love R263

by Anonymousreply 26405/07/2013

Does Billy Miller like the homosex?

by Anonymousreply 26505/07/2013

Brooke is pregnant? BB is the most ridiculous show. I saw a commercial and assumed they were going to give her MS just like Niki on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 26605/07/2013

Yeah, first she found out she was starting menopause and then uuuuuups she's pregnant! Now she will be the proud mother of her daughters husband kid and her sisters!!

by Anonymousreply 26705/07/2013

Is Brooke the most fertile woman on the planet?

Every time she has an affair she gets knocked up!

by Anonymousreply 26805/07/2013

If that were true, R268, she would have hundreds of children.

Bill may be sleazy, but Brooke is a sexual vulture. As soon as she saw any vulnerability, she swooped in on her sister's husband.

by Anonymousreply 26905/07/2013

[quote] she would have hundreds of children.

She does have hundreds of children. Wouldn't this be her fifth pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 27005/07/2013

Aww...Bill's son & grandchild can be best buds.

Unless...dum, dum, dum.....Stephanie has flown into Brooke's womb to be reincarnated!

by Anonymousreply 27105/07/2013

r271, in that case the baby would come out with in a dykish power suit.

by Anonymousreply 27205/07/2013

Brooke has, Bridget and Rick (DAD Eric Forrester) RJ (Ridge Jr.), Hope (son with Deacon, daughter's Husband) They switched her egg with Taylors and Taylor gave birth to Brooke's Bio child Jack (father Nick Marone through IVF)

by Anonymousreply 27305/07/2013

The Bell soaps are so creepy with their interfamily intermarrying... you'd think the damn shows were written in a a cabin on a hill in Butcher Holler. It's like would whoever dreams this stuff up just go ahead and fuck your damn sister and leave the rest of us in peace.

by Anonymousreply 27405/07/2013

LOL r274! I believe before there was a Brooke Logan, there was a Reva Shayne who was from that neck of the woods - and she certainly did keep it all in the family!

by Anonymousreply 27505/07/2013

[quote]Does Billy Miller like the homosex?

One can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 27605/07/2013

Reva at least paced herself.

by Anonymousreply 27705/07/2013

Has Y&R hired a new wardrobe person?

Don't get a chance to see every episode, but have been catching up on the past weeks worth of shows.

They've got Steve Burton dressed in a very unflattering tan shirt. He looks completely washed out in tan.

They've got Christian LeBlanc dressed in a burgundy shirt and tie that seemed completely wrong from Michael who generally wears conservative clothes.

That said, several other characters were wearing very flattering outfits.

by Anonymousreply 27805/07/2013

R278, I thought the same thing about Michael! He usually is very conservative and classy, not brassy! Maybe they are trying to downplay his aging?

Steve Burton could be wearing a feather boa and still be bland as blancmange.

Sharon is always dressed well.

Lauren looks good, I'm loving the jewelry on the women lately.

Thank goodness they took those goofy glasses off of Paul.

Jess Waltons new Veneers are very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 27905/07/2013

[quote] Steve Burton could be wearing a feather boa and still be bland as blancmange.

Mange is what I usually think of when Steve Burton is brought to mind.

by Anonymousreply 28005/08/2013

Burton's expressionless eyes/face always make me think he has been the victim of taxidermy.

by Anonymousreply 28105/08/2013

You guys have it all wrong with Brooke.

She didn't mean for anyone to get hurt.

She's so sorry this has happened.

She doesn't know HOW this could have happened!!

And she'll never, ever do it again.

by Anonymousreply 28205/08/2013

That's her story, R282?

Some of us watched her run over to Bill's as soon as Katie was out of the picture. She parked her fat butt on his sofa and got that smirky fake sympathetic look on her face. She told him she was sad that his wife was so worthless because he's so special and deserves better than Katie, and she was there to volunteer to make him feel better and raise his child.

A friend and I laughed that she looked like a vulture perched in his living room. This time Brad Bell didn't manage to make Brooke look like a victim.

She seduced Bill while she made herself the star of Stephanie's death. God, I hate both the slimy Brooke character and the simpering actress who plays her.

by Anonymousreply 28305/08/2013

Jeanne Cooper has passed. From Corbin's FB page:

My mother passed away this morning just a short time ago, peaceful with my sister by her side, in her sleep. I was going to visit this afternoon, thought I had time. Reminder to self - time is a precious thing. I too am at peace however. I said my goodbyes several times over during the last few weeks. I'll go one last time now for a gentle kiss a final farewell for this lifetime. She has been a blaze her entire life, that beacon, that boxer I spoke of earlier. She went the full twelve rounds and by unanimous decision... won! And while her light finally gave into the wind that gives flight to all our journeys, there will always be a glimmer left behind by what she stood for. I will speak about that more in coming days, months I suppose. I will certainly dedicate what remains of my life to continue her purpose of honesty, equality, humility, empathy and love. So many of you have said your prayers for her and right now, today, I can say the best way to honor her is to inhabit your lives with those things she stood for. I would ask that closer friends respectfully give us some time to find our family's path in this transition, and please limit calls, emails and the rest for a couple of days. As always, your outpouring of love here on this page, is not only welcomed to continue but truly appreciated and comforting. I asked my sister what time she passed exactly, and she told me (not to important for public record) but I was working out and just happened to pick out a song for my final moments on the treadmill - "Everlasting Light" by the Black Keys. Oh what a wonder it all is... what a magnificence!

by Anonymousreply 28405/08/2013

Dear Kay in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 28505/08/2013

Elizabeth Hubbard as Katherine's long-lost half-sister Lucinda Dixon!

by Anonymousreply 28605/09/2013

Everybody is saying Lucinda Walsh should cross over and function in Kay's position as a favor to her old friend. Where is Liz Hubbard these days?

by Anonymousreply 28705/09/2013

Greg Rikaart is cute. Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 28805/09/2013

Nu-Kyle really is not working for me. He doesn't even look cute anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28905/09/2013

His chin is distracting. Takes up the whole close up.

by Anonymousreply 29005/09/2013

Nu-Kyle looks like Jay Leno, but he's more believable as a foil to Fen. Who could blame Summer for getting wet over old-Kyle (even if he was a bargain bin Michael J Fox)?

by Anonymousreply 29105/09/2013

Phelps is really pushing Burton on this show, I see. Some things never change.

by Anonymousreply 29205/09/2013

Steve Burton is getting the same treatment as Barbra Streisand in films she's also directed: everyone has to comment how beautiful they are because that "fact" is totally lost on anyone with eyes! Whenever Chloe talks about how hot Dylan is, I think of Six telling Blossom she's beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 29305/09/2013

And, R292, they're bringing in a war buddy for Dylan. He's named Stitch and the casting notice describes him as a more boisterous version of Dylan. I wonder which fuck buddy of JFP's will get the gig? Timothy whatsisname?

It's gonna be the Dylan and Stitch Show this summer on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 29405/09/2013

Has she found Kale Browne a role yet? Robin Christopher? Dano?

by Anonymousreply 29505/09/2013

R294 R292 R295 Tim Gibbs (1967) is only three years older than Burton (1970). They could play army buddies.

by Anonymousreply 29605/09/2013

Robin Christopher would be fabulous recast for Mari Jo Mason, the femme fatale who shot Victor in the back way back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 29705/09/2013

Mari Jo is in the loony bin. Bringing her back would be like a rehash of the Patty storyline.

by Anonymousreply 29805/09/2013

[quote]Phelps is really pushing Burton on this show, I see. Some things never change.

Women, children and dogs instantly love Dylan, the most wonderful, warmest-hearted, best-looking character on Y&R.

JFP is pulling out all the stops.

All I see is some average-looking guy whose blank facial expression never changes.

by Anonymousreply 29905/09/2013

I'd still suck his cock, R299.

by Anonymousreply 30005/09/2013

First you'd have to find it, R300. It's really little.

by Anonymousreply 30105/09/2013

Was Lauren trying to infer to Michael that she was having a lesbian affair? "I never said there was a 'he'." Just before Michael did his Incredible Hulk routine and upended a ten pound laminate coffee table.

by Anonymousreply 30205/10/2013

Lauren Fenmore would fuck anything, even a chair:

by Anonymousreply 30305/10/2013

"I think it was really trampy and really cheap!"

by Anonymousreply 30405/10/2013

[quote]Was Lauren trying to infer to Michael that she was having a lesbian affair?

Is "Oh, Dear" spelling only?

by Anonymousreply 30505/10/2013

[quote] Was Lauren trying to infer to Michael that she was having a lesbian affair?

She's married to Michael...who is essentially a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 30605/10/2013

[quote]Is "Oh, Dear" spelling only?

Ha! You're right. That's some tortured syntax there. I must have been channeling the Y&R writers.

by Anonymousreply 30705/10/2013

r300 has self-esteem issues.

by Anonymousreply 30905/10/2013

Steve Burton is Princess Tiny Meat? It explains his animosity towards Tyler Christopher.

by Anonymousreply 31005/10/2013

[quote] Steve Burton is Princess Tiny Meat? It explains his animosity towards Tyler Christopher.

Who has to wear long rise boxers so his glorious fuckmeat doesn't flop out of the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31105/11/2013

Brooke crying because she got pregnant is really hilarious. She never seems to have birth control, LOL and is always ovulating. BTW, what happened to hating Bill for how he destroyed her beloved daughter Hope? I am sure pretty soon Brooke will be in love with Liam. Does anyone ever mention that Brooke is a serious mental csse?

by Anonymousreply 31205/11/2013

At her age, Brooke will probably birth a cantaloupe.

by Anonymousreply 31305/11/2013

It's obvious that Bill is Brooke's destiny, and her sister who is married to Bill, her other sister who thinks Brooke/Bill is the worst idea ever, all of Brooke's children and their many fathers who would be horrified/ashamed of their mother sleeping with her brother-in-law, and Bill himself, who is trying to make things work with Katie, are just standing in the way of that destiny.

by Anonymousreply 31405/11/2013

I've not watched Bold in years. Where the hell is Ridge? Where's Sally and Sheila?

by Anonymousreply 31505/11/2013

Of COURSE Bill is Brooke's destiny.

Just like Ridge was her destiny.

And Thorne.

And Nick.

And Eric.

And Deacon.

And Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 31605/11/2013

Great clip from when Stephanie first discovered that Eric was having sex with Brooke:

by Anonymousreply 31705/11/2013

Stephanie to Brooke (as they both stare into a mirror):

"Take a look you bitch! That's no halo...and you're no heroine!"

by Anonymousreply 31805/11/2013

I've not watched Bold in years. Where the hell is Ridge? Where's Sally and Sheila?

Darlene Conley, who played Sally Spectra, died. Oddly enough, B&B aired a memorial for Darlene while keeping Sally alive. Last time we saw Sally, she was somewhere in the Mediterranean with Fabio.

Sheila is long gone.

Ronn Moss quit. So did Susan Flannery. Within days of each other. Brad Bell pretended it was not about his writing.

They wrote Ridge off the show, but they killed off Stephanie to give Brooke even more story. Yeah, Stephanie's death was all about Brooke. Not only did Stephanie's death focus on Brooke, at the same time Brooke continued to be a sexual predator, this time with her sister's husband.

It's only a matter of time until they rename it The Brooke Show.

by Anonymousreply 31905/11/2013

Someone needs to send Brooke a case of wire hangers.

Seriously, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32005/11/2013

Tee-hee... instead of "Bold and Beautiful", it should be "Brooke Is Beautiful".

by Anonymousreply 32105/11/2013

They should change the title of the show to "The Firm & the Fertile" and sequence the storylines around Brooke Logan's menstrual cycle.

by Anonymousreply 32205/11/2013

[quote]It's only a matter of time until they rename it The Brooke Show.

I've always heard that when B&B first premiered in Italy, that it was commonly referred to as "Caroline."

by Anonymousreply 32305/11/2013

Too bad Stephanie isn't alive to give Brooke some advice regarding her LATEST pregnancy...

by Anonymousreply 32405/12/2013

Stephanie's in that big truck stop in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 32505/12/2013

Is Brooke too busy or too chubby?!

by Anonymousreply 32605/12/2013

Speaking of chubby, I had forgotten Sean Kanan was ever that slim, R326.

by Anonymousreply 32705/13/2013

Who knew Sean Kanan and Susan Flannery once had natural waistlines?! I bet they could see their feet as well.

by Anonymousreply 32805/13/2013

Thanks to whomever posted those clips of slutty Brooke being her slutty, fertile self. They should bring back Susan Flannery as a ghost just to torment Brooke about this latest slip up. Would Flannery do a brief guest stint?

by Anonymousreply 32905/13/2013

Did the episode with Malcolm already air?

by Anonymousreply 33005/13/2013

Chloe should leave Kevin. He's a whiny loser.

by Anonymousreply 33105/17/2013

Susan Flannery is an ugly bulldyke

by Anonymousreply 33205/17/2013

Don't respond to piece of shit R332. He's trying to get the thread deleted.

by Anonymousreply 33305/17/2013

Buh bye, Michelle Stafford.

JFP finally does something right,

So does this mean Victoria Rowell is on her way back?

by Anonymousreply 33405/20/2013

bring back Dru

by Anonymousreply 33505/20/2013

Young & Restless

Starring

Doug Davidson

as

Paul Williams

by Anonymousreply 33605/20/2013

and also starring

MISS MICHAEL LEARNED

as

The Alcoholic Grandmother

by Anonymousreply 33705/20/2013

Doug Davidson's 35th anniversary with the show was May 19.

by Anonymousreply 33805/20/2013

Phyllis is leaving? Crap. Oh well, more screen time for fucking Dylan, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 33905/20/2013

Doug Davidson has the most seniority in the cast.

STARRING

Doug Davidson

AS

Paul Williams

by Anonymousreply 34005/20/2013

If Janice Lynde returns, she would get top billing, no?

by Anonymousreply 34105/20/2013

Original cast members who return have zero seniority.

by Anonymousreply 34205/20/2013

JFP said in a recent interview that Janice Lynde would indeed receive top billing. Doug Davidson, consummate pro, hasn't issued a statement about this, in large part due to the sensitivity of the question since JC passed.

by Anonymousreply 34305/20/2013

Suppose Doug leaves, and then Melody and Braeden follow suit. Would that allow Jerry Douglas to be top-billed, even though he's recurring, though technically never left the show?

Starring

JERRY DOUGLAS

as

Ghost John

by Anonymousreply 34405/20/2013

R344 you have to be on-contract to maintain your senority

by Anonymousreply 34505/20/2013

With Stafford leaving and Sandra Nelson out of the business, there is only one possible recast for Phyllis and you KNOW SHE'S IT----

by Anonymousreply 34605/20/2013

Cynthia Watros (ex-GL) is the number one choice for a Phyllis re-cast at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 34705/20/2013

Since when did Cynthia Watros have red hair?

by Anonymousreply 34805/20/2013

R348 they are not going to re-cast based on hair color.

by Anonymousreply 34905/20/2013

Are they going to have the REAL Jill back for the Katherine memorial? So they can show all those classic flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 35005/20/2013

What is Derek Thurston doing these days? Running a chain of Golden Combs?

by Anonymousreply 35105/20/2013

Seriously, Cynthia Watros is a genius. Her Emmy win was the most deserved acting award in the history of anything. The fact that Lucci was even nominated that year alongside such brilliance was a joke and an insult.

by Anonymousreply 35205/20/2013

Cynthia Watros was JFP last hire on GL, before she got the axe.

by Anonymousreply 35305/20/2013

No, Robin Christopher is leading the pack (Jamey Giddens at DC stole the suggestion from a commenter between tablespoons full of ice cream). She doesn't quite have Stafford's imposing physicality but other than that I think she'd be perfect.

I am currently on hiatus from Y&R because I despise Steve Burton but if I ever do watch again it will be strange for Stafford to be gone. I have always enjoyed her high-energy style (that many hate) and think she'll be missed when she's gone. I also think she has a fanbase that will see this as a displacement of a vet for the horrible Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 35405/20/2013

Jess Walton is an incredible actress but she has never been Jill. She would have been fabulous as one of the Brooks sisters.

by Anonymousreply 35505/20/2013

Jess Walton and Brenda Dickson are the same age

by Anonymousreply 35605/20/2013

When JFP hired Watros, Annie was a nothing role. Watros took the part and used Zimmer's triumphant return to completely blow her out of the water!

By the way Robin Christopher is not being talked about for Phyllis, but for Mari Jo Mason.

by Anonymousreply 35705/20/2013

By the way, yes she is, idiot at R357.

by Anonymousreply 35805/20/2013

The hiring of Cynthia Watros would be a much higher profile get. But Watros is not interested in doing daytime, as she has had much success in primetime and film.

But an offer will be made.

by Anonymousreply 35905/20/2013

They need to kill Phyllis stone cold dead... and how? Christine running her down in a car of course.

by Anonymousreply 36005/20/2013

Hunter Tylo was recently axed from B&B, so maybe she'll find her way to Y&R as Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 36105/20/2013

Yes. Kill Phyllis. Do it in front of the entire town so she can never come back. Never.

by Anonymousreply 36205/20/2013

Phyllis was awesome back in the day, but she's become a self righteous flake these past few years. I'm glad Michelle Stafford is leaving...it's time Y&R gets a new villainess or Drucilla comes back.

by Anonymousreply 36305/20/2013

Christina Hendricks as the new Phyllis

by Anonymousreply 36405/20/2013

If Doug Davidson, Eric Braeden, and Melody Thomas Scott leave, it'll be "starring Tracey E. Bregman."

And if something happened to Charles, William, Harry, and Andrew, Princess Beatrice would become Queen Bea!

And if real life were like Battlestar Galactica, Arne Duncan would be president.

by Anonymousreply 36505/20/2013

Actually it would move Kate Linder to top-billing. Go Kate!

by Anonymousreply 36605/20/2013

God....Hunter Tylo can barely make a facial expression with all the tugging, snipping & rearranging that face has had.

by Anonymousreply 36705/20/2013

Reveal that Phyllis is really Shelia/Phiela!!! then have Lauren push her into a meat grinder.

by Anonymousreply 36805/20/2013

Plus she's an evil bitchcunt from hell, R367. Her face is just God getting even with her.

by Anonymousreply 36905/20/2013

Maybe Dru is the one taking the pics of Valerie and Tyler and robbed Neil's apt since she escaped from the mental hospital she was placed in for amnesia after a being raised by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 37005/20/2013

Hunter Tylo would be a disastah!

by Anonymousreply 37105/20/2013

Cynthia certainly needs a role worthy of her considerable talents. Her attempts at breaking into primetime have back lackluster, so maybe Phyllis is the right role for her.

by Anonymousreply 37205/20/2013

I think Phyllis should definitely be killed off. It would make for a good whodunit.

by Anonymousreply 37305/20/2013

Shelly Stafford left the show??? Well color me shocked! Although, she did the exact same thing years ago. Anyone know why she left?

by Anonymousreply 37505/20/2013

Jill, I'm still available. You have no idea the wonders a red wig and a vaseline-smeared camera can do for me.

by Anonymousreply 37605/20/2013

As opposed to the discussions I should assume you're hearing about from your unmentioned sources at CBS and Sony, idiot at R357? Christopher is a FOJ and of course she's being discussed.

by Anonymousreply 37705/20/2013

Why is Phyllis leaving?

by Anonymousreply 37805/20/2013

r357, I thought Watros NAILED the scenes on the witness stand that won her the Emmy, but mostly she was always too far over the top for me to really put her in the league of superb soap divas.

She'd scream: "Reba! REEEBAH!!! REEEBBBBAHHH!" and it drove me nuts.

Josh should have banished her to the land of wishes hopes and dreams and never looked back once he realized Reva was alive.

by Anonymousreply 37905/21/2013

I'm positively giddy at the news that Michelle Stafford will be gone soon.

Robin Christopher is one of the most beautiful women in soaps, but she never became as popular as she might have been because she's an ice queen. JFP tried everything to make her happen, and she wasn't the only one.

If Y&R rehired Brenda Dickson and Victoria Rowell, they would need to put a psychiatrist on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 38005/21/2013

Robin Christopher is the thinking man's soap actress. She's not a pin-up to the Steve Burton loving fraus who prefer their blue collar beer drinking types Kelly Monacos. As Luke Spencer said in their last scene together "you brought a much needed bit of class to these parts." Her best acting partner is Tony Geary. All of her best acting partners are men. Beautiful, glamorous, elegant and subtle. She's a dream.

by Anonymousreply 38105/21/2013

[quote]the thinking man's soap actress

I'm fairly certain this isn't a thing.

by Anonymousreply 38205/21/2013

Robin Christopher has been called the Garbo of soaps. She doesn't do any press.

by Anonymousreply 38305/21/2013

[quote] Robin Christopher has been called the Garbo of soaps. She doesn't do any press.

There are over 5 interviews she has done with Soap Opera Digest

by Anonymousreply 38405/21/2013

[quote] If Doug Davidson, Eric Braeden, and Melody Thomas Scott leave, it'll be "starring Tracey E. Bregman.

Tracey was non-contract for over 10 years, and was recently put back on contract. So she starts all over again. That leaves Kate Linder. But if she gets dumped to non-contract (which is probably going to happen). Then it will be

Young and Restless

Starring

Peter Bergman

as

Jack Abbott

by Anonymousreply 38505/21/2013

BREAKING Rena Sofer joins Bold & Beautiful

But she said if she ever returned to soaps it would be GH

Why B&B and not GH?

by Anonymousreply 38605/21/2013

Not so fast bitches. I know she never appears but isn't that little fundie Patty Weaver still on contract. So if Kate is bumped to recurring, it's

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Starring

PATTY WEAVER

as

Gina Roma(lotti) Radisson

by Anonymousreply 38705/21/2013

Patty Weaver has retired from acting and is now a major fundie.

She has denounced all gay people (that according to one of the actors who played David Banning on Days)

by Anonymousreply 38805/21/2013

Robin Christopher is one of my favorites. If my memory is correct thought she was paired with Ingo on GH and they were actually doing well and becoming popular until Vanessa Marcil decided to come back. Guza and JFP wasted no time giving Brenda back to Jax and making Skye look like a pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 38905/21/2013

Kate Linder has been recurring since the '80s. She's not part of the seniority hierarchy.

If Bergman, Braeden, Scott, Davidson leave will it then become

STARRING

Joshua Morrow

AS

Nicholas Newman

?

by Anonymousreply 39005/21/2013

R390 nope it would be Kristoff St. John

Starring

Kristoff St. John

as

Neil Winters

by Anonymousreply 39105/21/2013

Kate Linder is still on contract. At what point would Missy Claire Egan get top billing?

by Anonymousreply 39205/21/2013

[quote] Kate Linder is still on contract.

Not for long. As soon as they air Kay's funeral, watch for JFP to drop Linder

by Anonymousreply 39305/21/2013

Esther will go to work for the Newmans and Nikki will start bossing her around:

by Anonymousreply 39405/21/2013

Robin Christopher is supposedly going to play a character called Peggy Curtis? She'll be involved with Jack and she has ties to several current Genoa City residents.

by Anonymousreply 39505/21/2013

r395, is this the Peggy Brooks character? The last actress Pam Solow also had red hair. Maybe this would mean the re-introduction of the Brooks family.

by Anonymousreply 39605/21/2013

r395, stop making up rumors.

by Anonymousreply 39705/21/2013

Robin Christopher would bring class, elegance and style to Y&R, a show known for those three qualities.

However, she is not Phyllis. I don't think she could bring the cray cray to that part.

by Anonymousreply 39805/21/2013

I have a feel that getting rid of Phyllis is going to turn out to be JFP's "Maureen Bauer" moment at Y&R. She needed to free up money for Mark Derwin and Linda Dano.

by Anonymousreply 39905/21/2013

I disagree, R399. I don't think Michelle Stafford is all that, certainly not enough to destroy Y&R. In fact, MAB's endless fascination with Phyllis was far more destructive.

by Anonymousreply 40005/21/2013

Phyllis was ruined when she got away with causing her ex-shrink's death and disposed of the body. They're doing that with Kevin, too.

by Anonymousreply 40105/21/2013

I hate Phyllis but I don't her to leave. I wanted Phyllis and Sharon to become good friends (at one point they were headed in that direction) I thought Phyllis could teach Sharon to grow a backbone and Sharon could make Phyllis more personable.

Their bitchfights are awesome though and I miss their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 40205/21/2013

When are they going to kill off Katherine anyway?

by Anonymousreply 40305/21/2013

Soon, R403 her tribute show is May 28th

by Anonymousreply 40405/21/2013

Ooh, Adam is starting to put it all together. He's got his thinking face on.

CRAP! They interruptin' my stories for that damn tornado!

by Anonymousreply 40505/21/2013

Robin Christopher would have been an amazing Frannie Hughes recast. I miss ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 40605/21/2013

Re #95: Peggy Brooks was involved with her teacher Jack Curtis in '70. Jack Curtis was married to Joanne Curtis, who was going to have a baby, but when she lost the child she had an "emptiness" that only food could fill. She gained weight, Jack lost interest in her (as she ate potato salad from huge serving spoons.) Joanne moved in with Mrs. Chancelor and lost the weigh she gained. Mrs C invited her on a cruise where they would share a cabin (and bed.) Joanne quickly moved out. (Did she get back together with Jack?) Now,(I'm almost certain) Peggy was failing her courses that Jack Curtis taught, so one day after class she said she would "do anything" to pass. Well. after he slept with her, he still failed her. (Or was this Nikki?) My memory is a little fuzzy 37 years back! Could Peggy have married Jack? Making her Peggy Curtis? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 40705/21/2013

[quote]They're doing that with Kevin, too.

Did Kevin kill someone?

by Anonymousreply 40805/21/2013

Love how on Friday's show that pointless fortune teller referred to Kyle as "the one with the chin". At least they're aware.

by Anonymousreply 40905/21/2013

Kevin tried to kill Colleen. He locked her in a freezer at Gina's and started a fire.

He also gave Lily chlamydia. It's so funny watching him and his rapist brother acting like they're so much better than Carmine.

by Anonymousreply 41005/21/2013

Heartbreaking, highly strung clip of Brenda Dickson's Jill confronting Kay when the old bag had Jill's marriage to Phillip thrown out and their baby boy declared a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 41105/21/2013

R410, that's OLLLLLLLLLLLD news. What did this mean? [quote]They're doing that with Kevin, too.

by Anonymousreply 41205/21/2013

The show is casting a sassy black woman in her early 50s for a recurring role which could turn contract. Could this end up being someone connected to Dru's return?

by Anonymousreply 41305/21/2013

Kevin is getting away with a lot of serious crime, not necessarily murder, but his thievery got out of hand. He gets caught and he's off relatively scot-free. Just like Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 41405/22/2013

r407, you left out how everyone was growing scandalized by Kay's attachment to Joann; they played it that Kay - then a neurotic aging alcoholic barracuda - was falling in love with Joann, giving her gifts and becoming overly protective and possessive of the young woman. Kay's bible-thumping son Brock stepped in and counseled his mother on her "unnatural" tendencies towards Joann. He intended to save his mother from giving into her self-destructive urges. The story was quite daring, but it was not ready tomake any positive statement about homosexuality - it was written as a form of neuroses. Viewers were uncomfortable with the whole story, and after Joann fled Kay's "grasp" in horror over Kay's homoerotic intentions, the story was dropped, and I believe that's when heterosexual hairdresser Derek Thurston (a rip-off of Warren Beatty's Shampoo character) came into the picture to salvage Kay's character from any sexual damage.

by Anonymousreply 41505/22/2013

Btw, asimilar backlash immediately halted a story around the same time over at DAYS when then-popular heroine Julie Olsen (Susan Seaforth Hayes) became the object of a female friend's "unnatural" affections. In one scene, said friend reached over the table at a restaurant and touched Julie's hand, telling her she loved her, to which Julie replied innocently that she loved her friend too; "I mean I REALLY love you," the friend continued, to which Julie responded by rushing out of the restaurant in disgust and horror (lol!). Viewers immediately flooded the network phonelines with their disapproval. The storyline was immediately dropped and said friend was never seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 41605/22/2013

Who is the actress that replaced Michelle the last time she left?

by Anonymousreply 41705/22/2013

417 Sandra Nelson

by Anonymousreply 41805/22/2013

R414, who did Kevin steal what from? Is he a major character again (which would get me to watch again)?

by Anonymousreply 41905/22/2013

R416 poor Sally Stark, who had been popular as Kate Swanson Phillips on Love of Life, was the actress who played Sharon DuVall, the wife of an artist, who admired Julie. She wanted her husband to paint Julie in the nude.

by Anonymousreply 42005/22/2013

R419, Kevin stole some rich-lady crap that Katherine was giving away a few weeks ago, plus he's been doing some other shady stuff lately. He may or may not have been involved in the break-in at Neil's place.

by Anonymousreply 42205/22/2013

Thanks, R419. Kevin is probably my favorite character, but MAB made him so stupid. It looks as if JFP isn't doing any better, Kevin stealing from Mrs. C. Please.

by Anonymousreply 42305/22/2013

Kevin was brought on as a sociopath, so anything he does is in character. The sky's the limit with him.

by Anonymousreply 42405/22/2013

R421 really? So they are bringing back the Brooks?

by Anonymousreply 42505/23/2013

Yes the Brookses are all coming back in their glory. Kim Zimmer will be the new Chris Brooks Foster and Robert Newman will play Snapper.

by Anonymousreply 42605/23/2013

Oh hell, I hope that's not true, R426. Here I was thinking hambone Kim Zimmer was off my TV forever.

by Anonymousreply 42705/23/2013

JFP hates frau looking women. No way would she hire Kim Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 42805/23/2013

Susan Flannery has signed on as the new Lorie Brooks.

by Anonymousreply 42905/23/2013

I wish

by Anonymousreply 43005/23/2013

Lilibet Stern returns as the real Patty!

by Anonymousreply 43105/23/2013

Eva Longoria is reprising her role as Isabella Braña Williams.

by Anonymousreply 43205/23/2013

This show sucks now. Why is Phyllis leaving?

by Anonymousreply 43305/23/2013

R433, rumors are that Stafford left because, after almost a decade of being front-and-center constantly, Phyllis has been backburnered since JFP joined as EP. I think Stafford knew that she was never going to be the show's leading lady again--essentially her functions have been given to Avery and Chelsea--and decided to try it somewhere else. Rumors have her going to GH, though how they'll fit her on that cast is beyond me. I think she's the best actress in her age group and I for one am much less excited about the show knowing that she's leaving.

by Anonymousreply 43405/23/2013

Avery USED to be good when she was a no-nonsense attorney now she's a hand-wringing wimp. Chelsea is OKAY but her character has turned into a whiner

Gloria has disappeared :(

Phyllis is soap opera gold and i will miss her.

Jill is BORING, CANE sucks, Lily is a two timing whiny princess I can't stand her now. Mike and Lauren's son Pinocchio,I mean Fen is the new psycho Kevin. Chloe sucks I used to like her now she needs to go. (I didi love the bitchfight she had with Lily the other day( She is the one who got Kevin started with the stealing! What a hypocrite! Who is gaslighting Neil? Rose AKA Dru??

by Anonymousreply 43505/23/2013

Ellen Parker joins Y&R as Dr. Casey Reed.

by Anonymousreply 43605/23/2013

Who beat up Fen on today's show? He's awful. I dislike that entire family. Avery is boring. I never liked Chelsea or Chloe. I hope Adam gets the baby from her. Now Summer and Kyle are siblings. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 43705/23/2013

Fen should have been gay, which would have explained his bullying of Jamie more creatively and effectively. Then later, Carmine could have seduced him to get back at Lauren for dumping him. Much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 43805/24/2013

There has been so much change on this show. Tons of departures, tons of recasts, Steve Burton taking over the show in just 3 months, and now, they've lost two longtime leading ladies (Jeannie Cooper RIP and Stafford).

by Anonymousreply 43905/24/2013

I think Michael is pissed that Lauren fucked Carmine because he wanted to rode the Italian Stallion first! And Kevin is siding with Michael because he's completely fine with sloppy seconds.

by Anonymousreply 44005/24/2013

Jill is BORING

JFP put Jess Walton on recurring, so she has no storyline.

by Anonymousreply 44105/24/2013

Stafford will join GL as the Jessie Brewer, R.N. complete with comfy blue sweater. No actually she would be a great new Bobbie. I know she's Carly mother, but still..

by Anonymousreply 44205/24/2013

[quote] Stafford will join GL

Guiding Light has been cancelled for many years.

by Anonymousreply 44305/24/2013

Don' be surprised if Kevin is the next to go. I have only seen the show a handful of times since HIs Royal Majesty Steve Burton joined the show, but Kevin appeared to be regressing. SBu must have more screentime.

by Anonymousreply 44405/24/2013

Jill wasn't boring when she was paired with Colin. Those two were a hot! And funny

by Anonymousreply 44505/24/2013

r441 I'm not a JFP fan, but you're incorrect.

MAB wrote Jess Walton off the show. The cover story they told the press was that Jess was going to Oregon for 6 months to await the birth of her grandchild (!!), but MAB couldn't figure anything to do with Jill, so she fired her.

JFP brought Jess back, albeit as recurring. And yes, Jill has had virtually nothing to do since her return. That's a shame. And with Jeanne Cooper now dead, she'll have even less to do.

I suppose after Katherine dies, Jill can get into a battle over the will with Esther, Brock and Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 44605/24/2013

[quote] JFP brought Jess back, albeit as recurring.

Right so instead of putting her back on contract, she placed her to recurring.

What is incorrect about that?

by Anonymousreply 44705/24/2013

Jess sold her CA home and moved to OR after MAB fired her. It was my understanding she said she didn't want to come back to Y&R on contract because she has made a life for herself in OR (which may be cover for wanting to see where JFP goes with the Steve Burton Hour before she commits).

by Anonymousreply 44805/24/2013

[quote] I suppose after Katherine dies, Jill can get into a battle over the will with Esther, Brock and Tucker.

Jill's time on the show is done. I love Jess W but let's be real.

She will recur, occasionally, to see Cane, Billy or Jack, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 44905/24/2013

With Jess Walton on recurring, Jeanne gone and Kate Linder getting dropped (which will happen any day now) JFP will have a lot of money to play with.

Watch for more friends of JFP entering Genoa City

by Anonymousreply 45005/24/2013

Jill is useless without John, Catherine, Nina, or Mamie. Why the fuck doesn't she meddle in Billy's affairs and cross swords with Victoria (btw it'd be awesome to see Jess Walton battling Heather Tom...Amelia whatever her name is is fucking boring).

by Anonymousreply 45105/24/2013

[quote]Amelia whatever her name is is fucking boring).

Heinle is like a scarecrow or mannequin, the perfect partner for Billy Miller who is so busy chewing up everything in sight he doesn't know she's there anyway.

But she is simply dreadful. She got her job because she's married to Thad Luckinbill, then he got fired.

by Anonymousreply 45205/24/2013

Gina Tognoni would be a better Victoria

by Anonymousreply 45305/24/2013

My cat would be a better Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 45405/24/2013

[quote]Jill's time on the show is done. I love Jess W but let's be real.

And it's really fucking sad, isn't it? Jill who was Bill Bell's shining and favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 45505/24/2013

Loved Jess on Capitol but I never thought she was compelling as Jill. The character is played out, just not interesting for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 45605/24/2013

Let's talk some gossip-

What's the deal between the actors who play Billy and Chloe?

Rumor is they hate each other and care is made to have them share as few of scenes as possible.

by Anonymousreply 45705/24/2013

It'll be sad when Jill goes, as she's the only original character left, and certainly the only character left with ties to the early years.

by Anonymousreply 45805/24/2013

[quote] Guiding Light has been cancelled for many years.

Not that many years! It's only been since

((((((((((deep drunken belch)))))))))))))

2009 since we've been canshelleded.

by Anonymousreply 45905/24/2013

I'm sick of the Summer/Kyle storyline too. The whole show needs to be overhauled. All of the storylines are boring.

by Anonymousreply 46005/25/2013

And the Nikki Has MS story has been a real misfire!

by Anonymousreply 46105/25/2013

Yeah, Nikki's MS is gonna go the way of Adam's blindness.

by Anonymousreply 46205/25/2013

The only thing I'm truly enjoying on Y&R these days is the Lauren-Michael-Fenmore stuff. It really feels like this family is falling apart with Fen as the collateral damage.

I know lots of other people don't like Fen, but I think Max Ehrich is really doing a great job as the confused, tortured teen.

by Anonymousreply 46305/25/2013

When is the Lady Gaga-worshipping Max Ehrich going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 46405/25/2013

In the early 80s, Bill Bell knew his show needed a complete overhaul. Lori's stories had been told, as had most of the characters hogging the spotlight for almost a decade or so. So the major families - the Brooks, Fosters and Prentisses - were written out, with Jill and Nikki the only Fosters saved and Katherine Chancellor kept intact as the grand dame, and supporting characters like Jack and John Abbott, Victor Newman and Paul Williams were given families to flesh them out and take the show into a whole new era.

All these new families had their stories told by the end of the 20th century. It was time to shelve the Abbotts, Newmans and Williams and usher the show into the 21st century with a new generation of storytelling. Unfortunately, Bill Bell - the only one who could have done it successfully - died by that time and no one knows what the hell to do with this show. They are terrified NOT to keep Victor and Nikki as this show's central couple, or get rid of their boring children, or admit that there just isn't more to tell about the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 46505/26/2013

How is Nikki a Foster???

by Anonymousreply 46605/26/2013

Nikki was briefly married to Jill's brother Greg, but I think that's been forgotten throughout time.

by Anonymousreply 46705/26/2013

R465

What about Bill Bell's wife? I thought she was involved with the running of the show back then.

Couldn't she have made the appropriate changes ?

by Anonymousreply 46805/26/2013

That bitch MAB wanted to get rid of Jill in favour of Jeanie Francis, who while I enjoyed her on GH, I found her acting and he character Genevieve to be weird.

by Anonymousreply 46905/26/2013

What day this week is the big Jeanne Cooper tribute?

by Anonymousreply 47005/26/2013

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

by Anonymousreply 47105/26/2013

R465 you should also mention Robert Colbert (Stuart Brooks) and Julianna McCarthy (Liz Foster) also remained on the show.

Bill Bell had Liz become Kay's maid again (and sounding board), and Stuart in Paul's syndicate storyline.

At time as well Bill Bell had Katherine involved in both the Abbott family storyline as well as the Nikki/Victor storyline.

Jeanne Cooper was involved in both ends of the candle!

by Anonymousreply 47205/26/2013

If Doug Davidson were ever to leave it would be

Starring

Melody Thomas Scott

as

Nikki Reed Newman

by Anonymousreply 47305/26/2013

And what would it be if everyone except Dylan left?

by Anonymousreply 47405/26/2013

A week ago Dylan is asking Billy for extra shifts so he can earn more money. Now he buys this warehouse space that needs major renovations. AND, I read he buys Crimson Lights. Did he inherit millions from his father and I missed that?

by Anonymousreply 47505/26/2013

Maybe Kevin can stay with the GCPD as a contractor /hacker I honestly thought JFP was going to get rid of crimson lights . Why ate they making Nikki and Kurt get together blech. What about Michael and Paul as a couple ?

by Anonymousreply 47605/26/2013

The next thing Michelle Stafford should leave is Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 47705/27/2013

Did anybody see today's episode. I think Michael Muhney's pants were painted on they were so tight. And that big, luscious ass of his was a sight to behold. And Billy Miller is just pure hotness. That guy has some guns and pecs on him. Add Steve Burton and Josh Morrow working out in tight shirts, and the show was just one big hot man fest today. And at the end when they were all working out at the GC Athletic Club, can you imagine the musk?

Sidenote, I called it that Summer wasn't Nick's kid. I knew he was just missing Cassie when he lied about the paternity test. He needed Summer to fullfill the emptiness that Cassie's dying left in him. I believe this news will be the catalyst for Phyllis leaving GC.

by Anonymousreply 47805/28/2013

Who is Summer's daddy then? Jack?

by Anonymousreply 47905/28/2013

I think he is.

by Anonymousreply 48005/28/2013

Summer will be Jack's daughter and therefore Summer is dating her brother, Jack's son!

by Anonymousreply 48105/28/2013

I adore watching Michelle Stafford who plays Phyllis.

I find her wonderful and entrancing to watch - her acting, her physical looks, the stylish way she often dresses.

Cannot stand the thought of her leaving Young and Restless.

by Anonymousreply 48205/28/2013

Or it could come back that nick really is her father , just creating angst for Nick and if anyone finds out the initial test was inconclusive nick will be raked over the coals

by Anonymousreply 48305/28/2013

The actor who plays Cane lacks charisma and is not interesting to watch. He's a dud.

by Anonymousreply 48405/28/2013

Y&R is lifting the "Lucinda Walsh schemes to break up Lily and Holden fearing they are related" storyline with this Nick/Summer/Kyle thing.

by Anonymousreply 48505/28/2013

[quote]Y&R is lifting the "Lucinda Walsh schemes to break up Lily and Holden fearing they are related" storyline with this Nick/Summer/Kyle thing.

You can look a little closer to home for their inspiration. Remember Billy and Mac?

by Anonymousreply 48605/28/2013

And Cricket/Christine and Dr Scott Grainger AND Lori Brooks and Mark Henderson. They drag out the old Insest story line every ten years or so.

by Anonymousreply 48705/28/2013

Totally ooc, r478. Phyllis would stay in town ostensibly to help Jack and Summer bond but in reality to rain down he'll on Nick. Are they going to have her go visit Daniel and return as Robin Christopher?

by Anonymousreply 48805/28/2013

Today is the Jeanne Cooper memorial episode.

by Anonymousreply 48905/28/2013

Can't wait to watch a tribute to one of the biggest eye-rolling hams ever on daytime.

by Anonymousreply 49005/28/2013

R486/R487 *AND* when Cole and Victoria thought they were related, too.

by Anonymousreply 49105/28/2013

Today's tribute to Jeanne Cooper was very touching.

by Anonymousreply 49205/28/2013

r490, that was mean but funny. I caught her on a Perry Mason ep last week, as a brunette whom Perry was defending. She was a huge scenery chewer back then as well. Loved her, but I don't think she ever gave a subtle performance in her life. She reminds me a lot of Connie Ford, who also transitioned from prime time to soaps and who also played to the last row in the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 49305/28/2013

Y&R may be a soggy mess creatively right now, but the Jeanne Cooper tribute was fucking FLAW. LESS.

THAT's how that shit should be done.

I was OK until they showed The Great Victor Newman himself, Eric Braeden, breaking down and crying. Then I lost it.

by Anonymousreply 49405/28/2013

By the way, bitches, the Brenda Dickson book is out now.

I ain't wasting ten bucks to read that crazy bitch's box of lies, but if someone does read it, tell us if she actually says anything of merit or just continues on the "I have a secret to tell you without actually telling you" train she's tried to ride.....

by Anonymousreply 49505/28/2013

Hope there's some juicy stuff about her relationship with Jerry Douglas. He supposedly loathed her with the heat of a million suns. I think she's still friendly with Kate Linder and Thom Bierdz, and was close with Cooper as well. Say what you want about her, but she really brought in the ratings in the 80s, even more so than Braeden and Melody.

by Anonymousreply 49605/28/2013

Jeanne and Connie Ford did a women's prison film together.

by Anonymousreply 49705/28/2013

Damn, can you imagine Jeanne, Connie, Sue Flannery, Norma Connelly and Darlene Conley locked in a room together? Who would make it out alive?

by Anonymousreply 49805/28/2013

From the Amazon reviews, Brenda bashes Jeanne. That delusional twatwaddle.

by Anonymousreply 49905/28/2013

Brenda didn't bash Jeanne. She pointed out how Bell used Jeanne's real life alcoholism in Kay's story. That was kind of sick and pathetic, but then Bell always had a weird thing about incest too - the Tommy/Marie Days of Our Lives storyline where poor Marie went off the deep end and became a nun, having fallen in love with her plastic surgered brother. I wonder if that was something Bell had in his family. A very strange, strange man that Bill Bell. His biography talked about how wonderful his horrible daughter Lauralee, was on Y&R. Yech. Don't think so and I don't think the fans did either.

by Anonymousreply 50005/29/2013

[quote] She pointed out how Bell used Jeanne's real life alcoholism in Kay's story.

Jeanne was CAST as an alcoholic. Bell didn't even know she had a drinking problem when she was first cast.

by Anonymousreply 50105/29/2013

Yeah, right, R501. Like when the people at NYPD Blue hired Kim Delaney to play Diane, who ended up as an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 50205/29/2013

r500 - Bell was bound and determined to get Lauralee an emmy. She got every major horrible topical storyline.

Date rape, sexual harassment, her mother dying of aids. What was funny was the Nina/Cricket/Phillip triangle. Trica Cast would act rings around the wooden Thom Bierdz and Lauralee.

by Anonymousreply 50305/29/2013

I actually thought Thom Bierdz was quite effective when young. Phillip was *supposed* to be a total space cadet who was easily manipulated, so it worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 50405/29/2013

Jeanne didn't become an alcoholic until AFTER she'd joined the show. Her husband's affairs, the pressures of show biz led her to it.

What I hated about that tribute was the total disregard of the first 10 years of the show. Yeah they threw Beau Kayzer in there, but where was Joe LaDue, Ellen Weston, Donnelly Rhodes? I remember when the grand Katherine Chancellor was just plain old Kay Chancellor. The sainthood inflicted upon the character and Jeanne's need to kiss Bill Bell's ass at every turn was so stupid. Seeing putzy Doug Davidson sitting next to the insipid Lauralee Bell was also off putting. Y&R was the best 1974-1978.

by Anonymousreply 50505/31/2013

[quote] Hope there's some juicy stuff about her relationship with Jerry Douglas. He supposedly loathed her with the heat of a million suns.

I didn't know that. Any details?

by Anonymousreply 50606/01/2013

Bell fired Terry Lester because he had the nerve to speak out about Lauralee's domination of the show and he wasn't wrong. Bell was a great writer, but he was complicated man. His biography was a complete white-washing of who he was.

And let's talk about Brenda Dickson. She had some issues, but she was fired for bullshit reasons. Brenda was Victoria Rowell before Victoria Rowell. Brenda had self esteems issues and people on that set and Bell, himself took advantage of those issues. Brenda is eccentric and hasn't done a lot to help herself in terms of public perception, but she has always been spot on about her time at YR. Here's the thing, some actors on soaps can ask for the moon and the stars and be accommodated in every way. While others can ask for the same things and be deemed troublemakers and problems.

by Anonymousreply 50706/01/2013

[quote]Bell was a great writer, but he was complicated man. His biography was a complete white-washing of who he was.

Don't stop there. Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 50806/01/2013

[quote]His biography was a complete white-washing of who he was.

Read his bio when it came out last year. It was clear that the family had to approve every word.

Don't know any of the dirt on him, but everything about Bell was presented in such rosey and glowing terms, it was clear a lot wasn't being said.

by Anonymousreply 50906/01/2013

Bell seemed like a complicated guy, which was reflected in his writing. I know Brenda Dickson is perceived as batshit crazy, but I tend to believe some of her claims. For instance, I buy her claim that there were power struggles between Bell, Wes Kenney and Ed Scott and that possibly she, and maybe some others, got caught in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 51006/03/2013

Didn't the fans also loathe LLB at the time? I believe her nickname was "bug".

by Anonymousreply 51106/03/2013

The writer of that book, Michael Maloney was Lee Bell's assistant at Bold and Beautiful and a Bell family sycophant. Truth be told I knew Mr. Bell and even if it was a white wash - he was a genuinely nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 51206/03/2013

Starring

Doug Davidson

as

Paul Williams

by Anonymousreply 51306/03/2013

How many days left until JFP puts Kate Linder on recurring?

by Anonymousreply 51406/03/2013

Right after Kay's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 51506/03/2013

Bell was a decent guy, but he was also human and had some human failings, like we all do. His battles with John Conboy were legendary. He respected Wes Kenney, but they fought all the time. After Ed Scott started fucking Melody, eventually marrying her, he had a clear agenda. The show was still awesome, but there was a priority shift.

by Anonymousreply 51606/03/2013

It was actually Wes Kenney that wanted to do away with the Brooks/Foster clan

He was also the one who brought in Tracey Bregman, as they had worked together on Days.

by Anonymousreply 51706/03/2013

Does Michelle Stafford like the ladies?

by Anonymousreply 51806/03/2013

NO, r518!

by Anonymousreply 51906/03/2013

The only guys Stafford has chemistry with are the prissy ones where she comes off more as their hag than anything else (Bergman, Chrissy Jules). They toyed with pairing her with the very masculine Don Diamont's character Brad years ago, but they had no chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 52006/03/2013

[quote]Does Michelle Stafford like the ladies?

That's what the backstage rumors continue to say.

She's also highly dedicated to proselytizing Scientology, so I doubt she will ever come out.

The silence over her firing has been very telling. From what I hear, only Josh Morrow has said anything and he's been cautious. With Steve Burton around, his job isn't that stable.

by Anonymousreply 52106/03/2013

[quote] Bell was a great writer, but he was complicated man. His biography was a complete white-washing of who he was.

I read that book and was very disappointed. All that was missing was a chapter where Saint Bill rose to the heavens.

Creative people are often complicated, challenging people. Irna Phillips sure was, and rumor has it Agnes Nixon has her rough edges.

One wonders if any of the allegations/rumors around Brenda Dickson and Bill Bell (that he may have made passes or sexually harrassed her) are true. I suspect there are elements of truth, but with Dickson's clear mental instability, it's all being played as sour grapes from her camp.

by Anonymousreply 52206/03/2013

r521, perhaps because she wasn't fired?

by Anonymousreply 52306/03/2013

She's going to continue working at Y&R, R523?

by Anonymousreply 52406/03/2013

She has been reduced to non-contract status.

With Jeanne gone, Kate Linder going off contract any day now, and now Michelle

Watching for a boatload of FOJ to show up in Genoa City

by Anonymousreply 52506/03/2013

I wonder who'll be first. My money is on Robin Christopher, the world's most beautiful iceberg. Wonder what Larry Lau and Rick Hearst are doing?

by Anonymousreply 52606/03/2013

I thought Phyliss and Adam had great chemistry she has none with jack at all ....

by Anonymousreply 52706/03/2013

Is Robin Christopher still married to Matt Crane? I wonder how he's doing these days.

by Anonymousreply 52806/03/2013

Is Phyllis off the show or not?

by Anonymousreply 52906/03/2013

r529, yes, but the official story is not that she was fired but that she left on her own.

by Anonymousreply 53006/03/2013

r500, the Bells have a very weird thing about incest. Y&R's incestuous Lori-Leslie-Lucas-Lance quadrangle was mind boggling, succeeding Lori's love affair with Mark Henderson, the man who turned out to be her half-brother; years later, we were still seeing incest mainstream style with John and Jack sleeping with the same woman (Jill); Cricket later almost bed her half-brother Scott. Meanwhile, Bradley has devoted a full-half-hour of television for the past couple of decades to exploring last taboo, told ad nauseum in surrogacy through Brooke and her Forrester fuck fest, not to mention sharing men with her daughter and sisters, and Stephanie's warped love for her son Ridge. The Bells would be a great study in Freudian family romance - they look like they have some weird secrets in their closet.

by Anonymousreply 53106/03/2013

Forrester fuck fest....awesome...3words that sum up the whole magilla! I miss Sally the most

by Anonymousreply 53206/03/2013

[quote]yes, but the official story is not that she was fired but that she left on her own.

That conversation went something like this:

JFP: Would you like for us to announce you're leaving the show, or would you prefer to act like it was your idea?

by Anonymousreply 53306/03/2013

Michelle Stafford is very sexy on camera in her scenes.

Especially making love with and kissing Joshua Morrow.

And with the detective or FBI agent - tall, good looking - who left the show.

She does steamy sexual scenes extremely well and makes them even steamier.

She has great chemistry with men.

(and Don Diamont is gag-worthy - cannot stand his looks on Bold and Beautiful)

by Anonymousreply 53406/04/2013

r534 - are you female?

by Anonymousreply 53506/04/2013

Why would Michelle Stafford be fired? She is a fantastic actress on Young and Restless and has tremendous stage presence in her scenes.

I love watching her.

by Anonymousreply 53606/04/2013

Kevin and that cop were burning up the screen today with their chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 53706/04/2013

I find Kevin very geeky and unappealing.

The cop, though, is gorgeous and interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 53806/04/2013

r538 The cop, Alex Chavez, is played by FOJ Ignacio Serricchio who previously played Diego Alcazar on GH.

by Anonymousreply 53906/04/2013

I think Michael should get fucked by Carmine so he can understand why his wife cheated.

by Anonymousreply 54006/04/2013

How is Robin Christopher an FOJ? Her character was destroyed on GH.

by Anonymousreply 54106/04/2013

I don't know if there's been any backstage gossip wafting here from the stench of Daytime Confidential, or Nelson Branco re: Stafford being fired.

But it seems to me she WOULD be quitting of her own accord. The character of Phyllis has been decimated in the year JFP has been in charge, and even before that she'd drifted close to being a boring frau.

The previous regime had an interesting idea - to revisit when Phyllis was psycho - but that was aborted at the last minute when JFP took over.

And any plus Phyllis got from those scenes with her father, and with having a sister in town, is far outweighed by the negative of her onscreen sister Avery EATING the fucking show, since she is now in every fucking scene.

Add all that together, over a character Stafford's played for 20+ years, and then factor in that she was likely asked to take a pay cut to re-sign with Y&R, and it's no wonder she told them to fuck off.

[quote] I think Michael should get fucked by Carmine so he can understand why his wife cheated.

Oh fuck yeah. That would be amazing. Maybe Michael and Lauren could be revealed as swingers into the cuckold scene? And Carmine would be their "bull." Love it.

by Anonymousreply 54206/04/2013

R538 R539 I find Greg Rikaart the best-looking guy on the show. The character of Kevin, well, I like him because Greg plays him so well. I watched the ep with him and the cop and I agree with whoever said they had mad chemistry.

Plus, it looks like Greg has been dieting. His handsome lantern jaw has never been so prominent. Hot, hot, hot.

Fen looks like Kevin's son more than he does Michael's. But Lauren and Kevin [italic]definitely[/italic] didn't Do It. And while Fen has been SORASed to an appropriate age to have Michael and Lauren as parents, the actor is definitely too old to be Kevin's son.

This was the first time I saw Fen, btw. I can see why people think he'd create such a good gay character.

by Anonymousreply 54306/04/2013

I gave up on the show about two months ago because I couldn't stand Steve Burton standing there, not acting and collecting a big paycheck while the show is restructured around him.

I don't know if I'd write paragraphs about her sex appeal, but I enjoyed Stafford on Y&R and find myself less interested in picking it back up again knowing that she's gone--probably until JFP is tossed out, which will take at least two more years.

by Anonymousreply 54406/04/2013

Steve Burton is ruining the show. What a boring character as well!

by Anonymousreply 54506/04/2013

I don't understand why anyone but the fattest frau thinks Steve Burton is all that.

by Anonymousreply 54606/04/2013

When will Doug Davidson be dropped to recurring. JFP probably sees Paul as Y&R's Mac Scorpio, who generally appeared about once a month under JFG.

by Anonymousreply 54706/04/2013

Didn't Gloria invest in Chloe & Chelsea's company? With her attitude there is no way Gloria would not be butting in every moment. The fact you never see her is another JFP move.

Y&R does not tape that far ahead that changes cannot be made rather quickly in response to audience feedback. It is JFP's arrogance that will be pushing Steve Burton down our throats until the show loses tons of viewers.

She brings on all these new faces with little result. People hate most of the new characters/recasts. Melody Scott Thomas's twitter is filled with posts about wanting to see the vets. She has been made almost an extra in the last few months.

by Anonymousreply 54806/04/2013

The next star of Y&R is....ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 54906/04/2013

Why the delay in Timothy Gibbs getting hired?

by Anonymousreply 55006/04/2013

Hear, hear, R550. One of my favorite FOJs. Him and Kevin McClatchy. I could see McClatchy as a recast Nick. He looks a lot more like Victor than M'boy.

by Anonymousreply 55106/04/2013

I'm available to replace Stafford. JFP, you owe me this big time, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 55206/04/2013

I could see McClatchy as a recast Adam. He has more depth that Muhney.

And Tim Gibbs should be on there too.

by Anonymousreply 55306/04/2013

Who in the hell is that r549. And why did you post it?

On another note, say what you want about FOJs, but for the most part they can all act and act well.

by Anonymousreply 55406/04/2013

R554 That is Jamey Giddens, the self proclaimed Pope of Soaps over at Daytime Confidential.

And I would agree on Gibbs & McClatchy, but I hated Kale Browne.

by Anonymousreply 55506/04/2013

So that's Jamey Giddens? Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 55606/04/2013

[quote]On another note, say what you want about FOJs, but for the most part they can all act and act well.

With the notable exception of her current favorite show hog, Steve Burton.

JFP has pulled out all the stops to get him accepted, making his character universally loved by the town's children and dogs and writing that every woman is panting for him.

I would love to be around when she's editing his scenes and trying to make him look good. Has she realized how bad he is, or will it take more time?

by Anonymousreply 55706/04/2013

The Steve Burton problem is an easy fix. Make him the son of Nikki Newman and Paul Williams. Nikki was off screen for a bit between Paul and Greg Foster, that is when she gave birth to Dylan. Problem solved and he's tied to two characters the audience loves.

by Anonymousreply 55806/04/2013

R558, the problem is Steve Burton's terrible acting.

Making him Nikki and Paul's love child is not going solve that problem.

by Anonymousreply 55906/04/2013

[quote]On another note, say what you want about FOJs, but for the most part they can all act and act well.[quote]

Not the guy who plays Tyler. He has, at most, 2 facial expressions and his delivery sucks.

by Anonymousreply 56006/04/2013

[quote]Not the guy who plays Tyler. He has, at most, 2 facial expressions and his delivery sucks.

I quite enjoy his 'delivery'.

by Anonymousreply 56106/04/2013

No the problem isn't Steve's acting. A lot of bad actors have gone on to be beloved characters. The problem is Steve is a new character who was thrust upon the canvas without vets to anchor him to the canvas. The audience cares about vets, when a vet cares about a character it is easier for the newbie to become a part of the canvas. In most cases it works, sometimes it doesn't, see Daniel on Days of our Lives for an example where it doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 56206/04/2013

[quote] In most cases it works, sometimes it doesn't, see Daniel on Days of our Lives for an example where it doesn't work.

Maybe if Carly Tenney moved to Salem, Daniel would work. It would also help if he spent as much time wearing shirts as Mike Kasnoff used to. And if they wanted to bring Andy Dixon to Salem to work as Daniel's valet and slavedog, that would not suck, either.

by Anonymousreply 56306/04/2013

Burton's acting is definitely part of the problem. If he could act, viewers wouldn't be bitching nearly as much about his being force-fed to them. If he could act, his airtime would make a lot more sense.

It would help if he had been given a better anchor, but that's only part of the problem.

Summer is a prime example of a well-anchored character. And yet, the previous actress who played her (Lindsay Bushman) sucked so bad viewers were writing and calling to complain about her. It's not all about being anchored.

by Anonymousreply 56406/04/2013

Not that this means anything, but Burton does have an Emmy for his acting.

I think the problem is he's just so used to playing the robotic Jason, that is what he falls to naturally. Of course, the writers aren't giving him much to stretch the character.

I also agree that Dylan would be better if he was tied to some main characters. So far, they've tied him to Avery and Chelsea, two of the newest characters on the show.

by Anonymousreply 56506/04/2013

They should have made Burton be Brooks Prentis. That way he could be tied to one of the main families on the show. In a sense, he is in-directly related to Jill.

by Anonymousreply 56606/04/2013

Between the lying about his reasons for leaving GH, the fleecing of his (literally poor, deluded) fans with that wonder grapejuice product, and his utter lack of talent, I don't see Dylan--at least while he's played by Burton--working on the show.

by Anonymousreply 56706/04/2013

I tend to agree with R565. Burton may have had the potential to become an actor, but apparently he was too lazy to bother. He has said the storyline that won him an Emmy took too much out of him.

Playing one-note Jason was easier.

R567, that stuff was mostly prune juice.

by Anonymousreply 56806/04/2013

Winning a Daytime Emmy is hardly proof of real talent. The stiff who plays Devon (Bryton?) has won one. Steve Burton is awful period. His blinking and staring even makes Maurice Benard appear animated. If he was not a friend of JFP he would be having no acting life after GH.

by Anonymousreply 56906/04/2013

Lesli Kay has won an Emmy, too, and she's a terrible actress only suitable for Skinemax.

by Anonymousreply 57006/04/2013

That silly GH actress with the flying eyebrows who replaced Amber Tamblyn as Emily Quartermaine also won a daytime Emmy.

They are definitely not an indication of talent.

by Anonymousreply 57106/05/2013

One of the greatest actresses of the genre, Beverlee McKinsey, never won. She should have for Iris and Alexandra.

The big joke of the Emmys is that actors (with rare exception) don't watch each other throughout the year.

So they usually had no idea how to fill out their ballots.

by Anonymousreply 57206/05/2013

Goldderby.com did a slide show of great actors who never won a daytime emmy (most of them I agreed with; one was a total joke).

Shemar, Natalia, Steve...some sad lemons in there.

by Anonymousreply 57306/05/2013

[quote] Lesli Kay has won an Emmy, too, and she's a terrible actress only suitable for Skinemax.

Oh, Lesli's pretty good. I like her. There are far more egregious, laughable wins. Pretty much everyone from B&B who is not Susan Flannery has no business winning.

Jordi Vilasuso is pretty, but again, no business winning.

The younger actor/actress categories are often a screaming fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 57406/05/2013

Lesli Kay has not had the right material since ATWT.

The only role she really shined in was Molly.

by Anonymousreply 57506/05/2013

I miss ATWT and GL too. Wish THOSE shows were being brought back on the Interwebz.

by Anonymousreply 57606/05/2013

[quote] Pretty much everyone from B&B who is not Susan Flannery has no business winning.

Pardon me?

by Anonymousreply 57706/05/2013

Kevin Mambo won his Emmy for GL because one of the judges was a woman who was the wife of the actor who played his dad on the show.

by Anonymousreply 57806/05/2013

Me, too!

by Anonymousreply 57906/05/2013

Steve Burton's hair was so much more attractive on General Hospital - where it stood straight up and wasn't gel-ed and looked fabulous.

Now on Y&R, he uses gel or grease to plaster down the top and part of sides and plaster it forward, and has the front combed to the side rather than straight up and gel-less.

His hair style on Y&R is vastly less attractive and too stylized and has too much product/grease/gel on it.

Just a peeve. He also looks much smaller in body build (no more steroids?) and less muscular. He appears smallish. He was standing next to Billy today and he was quite a bit shorter than Billy and his body mass seems diminished.

by Anonymousreply 58006/05/2013

What he really uses on his hair is snot, R580. Every time he deals with his nose, he wipes his hand through his hair.

by Anonymousreply 58106/05/2013

At least Steve Burton is smiling now in his new role on Y&R.

He never got to smile in his role on General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 58206/05/2013

[quote]He never got to smile in his role on General Hospital

Ahh...you must be a novice GHer. Back when he was jovial, virginal "Jason Quartermaine", not only did he smile all the time, but he had luscious, long, blonde locks to go with his sunny disposition.

by Anonymousreply 58306/05/2013

That is funny to watch, R583.

Thanks for that video!

by Anonymousreply 58406/05/2013

Billy is getting to be a little chunka-munka.

by Anonymousreply 58506/05/2013

Yes, Billy has put on too much weight!

His health also appears to be negatively affected by the extra weight as he often looks like he is sweating too much - or has been drinking too much beer or alcohol too often the night before.

And his hair looked a lot better with faint blonde highlights.

His character is experiencing a downward slide into gambling and lying in the script so maybe art imitates life a bit.

by Anonymousreply 58606/05/2013

Blasphemy! Billy Miller and his tits are the best, hottest thing on YnR! I'd kill to suckle those things!

by Anonymousreply 58706/05/2013

Good for you, R587. I think he needs to cover those moobs until he loses a bunch of weight.

by Anonymousreply 58806/05/2013

You skeleton lovers kill me.

by Anonymousreply 58906/05/2013

There's lots of room between skeleton lovers and chubby chasers, R589.

by Anonymousreply 59006/05/2013

I'm sorry, but Billy Miller's ass in that gym scene the other day was INSANELY gorgeous. He ain't skinny, but he's a long way from being fat.

by Anonymousreply 59106/06/2013

How about Kim Zimmer as Phyllis' mother? I think bringing back Kimberlin Brown as Sheila would fill the void left by Stafford's Phyllis. They are both classic villainesses.

by Anonymousreply 59206/06/2013

Did Brown piss off The Bells? As much as I have disliked The Old and The Rested since the 90s, she adds so much pizazz to that show. Ms Brown does crazy/evil almost better than anyone except for Kristen Blake Di Mera(Elieen Davidson who was so boring on Y and R and is a preening peacock on Days) on Days and Heather Weber on GH.

by Anonymousreply 59306/06/2013

Here's a twitter page you should follow r593:

by Anonymousreply 59406/06/2013

I'd love to see Cynthia Watros on Y&R. She'd make a great new villainess.

by Anonymousreply 59506/06/2013

R594 Thanks for that. I like Watros but Robin Mattson is the cuntiest third angle in that triangle in my opinion. She has this scowl that is so revolting and repulsive that basically makes you hate her from the get go.

As for Eileen Davidson, it so interesting that she is so beloved by Y & R fans for playing the sleep inducing heroine ,Ashley, wheres Days fans drool over Kristen's absolute cuntiness. Eileen really is one of the best mustache twirlers in the history of soaps. Too bad she languished as a glorified extra when she should have been a front burner legacy character on Y & R.Well,Sony rectified that problem and she ended up on the front burner from the day she started on DOOL last year.

Kim Brown should end up in Port Charles again.It's their 50th anniversary and Carlivati loves GH's history.If not she should play a psycho on Days, which is the only remaining soap she's never been on or in!Can you picture Kristen vs KB on DOOL? It would be a trip I tell you.....

by Anonymousreply 59606/06/2013

Either Kimberlin or Cynthia would be awesome on Days as Daniel's presumed dead wife, come back to terrorize Jennifer Horton!

by Anonymousreply 59706/06/2013

This thread can't end without an announcement of my COMEBACK!

by Anonymousreply 59806/06/2013

[quote] Either Kimberlin or Cynthia would be awesome on Days as Daniel's presumed dead wife, come back to terrorize Jennifer Horton!

They should have hired Maura West for that part, but she has been snatched by GH

by Anonymousreply 59906/06/2013

[quote]Either Kimberlin or Cynthia would be awesome on Days

Kimberlin is not awesome. She has never been awesome. She would not be awesome on Days.

I wonder if she'd do that Sheila hair-flipping move constantly, in every scene she's in.

by Anonymousreply 60006/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.