Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marrying for money

No love involved. Just trading your body for cash. Isn't it just glorified prostitution?

by Anonymousreply 2004/26/2013

They don't call it "the oldest profession" for nuttin'

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Prostitutes sell their bodies for cash.

Expensive spouses sell their bodies for an entire lifestyle!

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Or a condo in West Palm Beach.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

As Dr. Phil says, when you marry for money, you earn every penny of it. Whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

Yes, OP, it is. When you have a short term contract (usually oral) the term used is whore. When you have a long term contract (usually with trumped up ritual) the term used is wife.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

"No love involved. Just trading your body for cash."

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Eat your hearts out, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

I use this argument when I tell my shrink why I engage occasional...services.

What's the difference? It's paying for a service.

Then, I give her her co-pay.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

cuntish whores

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

R9 is so inflamed with jealousy, he/she is about to implode.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

Don't most Corbin Fisher models Mary! for money?

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

Not really. If you marry for real money, it is work. You have to always be "on" and have to be available 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

No. There's nothing glorified about it. Prostitution is much more honest for everyone involved

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

My Russian cousin came to the US 20 years ago and married a woman for her money. I told him it was a mistake. Twenty years later and he's had a great life. She set him up in business, they live in beautful homes, travel constantly, have nice kids.

You know sometimes marrying for money isn't a bad idea after all. It's much better than being a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

There's nothing inherently bad about marrying for money. Our weird, human behavior in this part of society has us fucked up on indelible ideals of romance that are illusions. Romance cannot possibly be the cornerstone of commitment, though we're all kind of trapped in that pattern now. Add that to our fucked up ideas about money, and you have a recipe that can make gold-digging an ugly, sad endeavor.

In many other places, marriages are arranged or organized for practicalities that would yield the highest quality of life.

by Anonymousreply 1504/25/2013

"There's nothing inherently bad about marrying for money. "

No. What's would be wrong is to convince your wealthy spouse that you're marrying for love, when all you want is the spending money.

But sometimes there is barely a pretense of love, some people are happy knowing that they've exchanged their money for beauty, or vice versa. Some people don't want to contribute anything else to a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1604/25/2013

Actually, that's more like traditional marriage--in terms of history.

by Anonymousreply 1704/26/2013

this is ideal for any closeted gay man / gay woman looking for similarly closeted spouses to satisfy their parents ( who could not believe they have raised gay children). if both parties engaging in this setup agree and actually prefer this kind of setting, problem solved. they can even live separately within a house for convenience. i would prefer this too if i were gay. or straight.

by Anonymousreply 1804/26/2013

I would rather dig ditches than be Trump's wife.

by Anonymousreply 1904/26/2013

R19 I would rather eat cheese from a tin than be Trump's wife.

by Anonymousreply 2004/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.