Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

North Carolina Democratic strategist dies after knife attack in her home

[italic]Now, if she had a gun... essentially, her party is moving to get more young women stabbed.

- signed, Freeper Fag.[/italic]

A 29-year-old Democratic strategist died early Wednesday morning from injuries suffered in a brutal stabbing in her Raleigh, North Carolina home. According to the Raleigh News-Observer, Jamie Kirk Hahn and her husband were both injured in an attack that took place Monday night.

Raleigh Police arrested Jonathan Broyhill, 31, a close friend of Jamie Hahn and her husband, Nation Hahn, in connection with the murder. Broyhill served as best man at Jamie and Nation Hahn’s wedding and the three were close friends.

Jamie Hahn’s family released a statement Wednesday morning that read, in part, “Jamie lost her struggle to live this morning. We lost a beautiful and loving wife, daughter and friend. We all lost a pure and brave spirit.”

Broyhill was a frequent dinner guest on Monday nights at the Hahns’ home. He and Nation Hahn grew up together in Lenoir, North Carolina and shared an interest in college basketball.

Raleigh Police Department spokesman Jim Sughrue said Tuesday that Broyhill was charged with attempted murder, although police are currently in the process of upgrading the charges to murder. Sughrue did not say what may have prompted the attack, except to say that “the events underlying the incident were not domestic in nature.”

The attack took place shortly before 5:30 p.m. Monday. An identified 911 caller reported a woman who was “bleeding terribly” with multiple stab wounds to the abdomen. Witnesses elevated her feet and pressed towels to her wounds in an attempt to stanch the welling blood.

“She’s here in someone else’s yard,” said the caller. “I don’t know where she ran here from.”

Police arrived at the scene and followed the trail of blood back to the Hahn home, where they found Broyhill and an injured Nation Hahn.

Nation was treated for his injuries at WakeMed Hospital, then went to his wife’s bedside. Tuesday evening, he attended a prayer vigil in Jamie’s honor, hands and arms swathed in bandages.

Broyhill was treated for non-serious self-inflicted wounds and taken into custody.

“As a friend, this is devastating,” said Gary Pearce, another Democratic strategist who was at WakeMed with family members Tuesday. “Nation and Jamie are the finest, kindest, gentlest and most generous people you will ever meet.”

by Anonymousreply 2604/26/2013

Strange the wife is dead and the two men are alive.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

Senator Rand Paul a like on Broyhill's facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

That's the wrong Jonathan Broyhill, r3. This is the right one. He likes musicals, Cher, Tina Turner, Steel Magnolias, Designing Women and Golden Girls. I think I've solved the crime - he was in love with his life long straight male friend and killed the wife in a jealous rage.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

Nation???

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

It's probably the same Jonathan Broyhill, R3. Wilkesboro and Lenoir are adjacent.

And he was probably NOT a gay in a jealous rage.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

Motive said to be missing money. Broyhill handled their company's money.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Nation was four years younger than Broyhill.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Hubby ordered a murder-for-hire. But no one will investigate. It's just a "tragedy".

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

"Sources told ABC11 Wednesday a possible motive for the attack could involve missing money. Broyhill apparently kept the books for Jamie Hahn's business and some political campaigns."

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

I obiviously have no clue as to motive r6 but the Facebook page I linked to IS the correct one for the Jon Broyhill (he goes by Jon) now accused of murder.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

From that Facebook page, Broyhill is one big fat queen. And I do mean fat. Maybe she pointed out to him how fat he is.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

More pictures at the link. Perhaps the killer started drinking more and more when confronted with missing funds and snapped in an alcohol-fueled rage?

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

He seems like a fun loving guy!

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

The husband does not look badly injured.

I hope JB isn't a datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

R13 back. I have solved it. A quick review of his FaceBook account shows a true FaceBooker and yet Jamie obviously refused to friend him. Sounds like justifiable homicide to me.

Oh, yea and that issue with him probably being in love with the husband who sorta has gay face to me.

I guess he was live a FABULOUS life on someone else's dime.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

Especially not a datalounger who came here to ask for advice.

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

Well their income would have dried up after the election....

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

Notice what the deceased says about that photo "There's something wrong with you."

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

She was a Twilight follower.

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

So he asked the best man to murder his wife, huh? He's so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

The story gets weirder:

RALEIGH — In the past year, Jonathan Broyhill told friends he was suffering both from pancreatic cancer and multiple sclerosis – a diagnosis that was at least partially untrue.

Last week, Hahn and her husband, Nation, asked the Rev. Nancy Petty, pastor of Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, to request prayers for Broyhill and his cancer struggle. The Hahns and Broyhill were active at Pullen.

On Wednesday, after Jaime Hahn died of her injuries, Petty told about two dozen congregants gathered for a dinner that Broyhill did not have the disease, according to church members.

Several friends said Broyhill told the Hahns he had an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday and asked them to come with him. He had planned to spend the night at the Hahn home, friends said. But neither the cancer nor the appointment existed.

Neighbors in Tealwood Place, the North Raleigh cul-de-sac where the Hahns lived, said they thought Broyhill lived with them, because his car was parked in front of the residence at all hours in recent months.

Former Democratic U.S. Rep. Brad Miller, who decided not to seek re-election in 2012, said he hired Sky Blue for fundraising help around 2010. Broyhill was the main person with access to fundraising software, Miller said.

In October, the Federal Elections Commission sent Miller campaign treasurer John Wallace a letter requesting more information about documents that appeared to show donors receiving refunds from the campaign in excess of what they paid.

The article doesn't say whether Broyhill was lying about his MS too.

by Anonymousreply 2204/26/2013

Here he is - Jon Broyhill, killer. And yes, this is him.

by Anonymousreply 2304/26/2013

What R1 said. We will soon see 'Nation' on one of those murder shows...

by Anonymousreply 2404/26/2013

He sure wasn't suffering from a lack of food.

by Anonymousreply 2504/26/2013

I know Nation a little bit. No one worked harder than Nation and Jamie to stop the anti-gay amendment in North Carolina.

Very sad story

by Anonymousreply 2604/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.