Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When do the birds start chirping?

It's only 1:30 here on the East Coast and the birds are chirping away. I know they get up early, but THIS early????

I heard them last night too. I'm usually awake around this time but I don't remember hearing them before this. Maybe I just never noticed.

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 3805/17/2013

Come on all of you birdwatchers! What's the deal?

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2013

It's spring. The birds are back from their wintering grounds, and they're ready to mate. They chirp in the pre-dawn hours when it's the quietest so that their mating call can be heard from long distances. You're only noticing this now because they've been gone since late fall, and you've gotten used to the pre-dawn silence.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2013

Go back to bed, hon.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2013

Mockingbirds. They like to stay up all night shrieking their heads off, just to piss us off.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

I feel you, OP.

I've been hearing them start up at around 2am for the past several days. It can be a little confusing since we don't have daylight for another 4+ hours.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Love to hear their chirping!!!!

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

Just like me, they long to be close to you.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

Everything is different when you're sober darling. You'll get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

Just before dawn the birds begin, the warblers who prefer the dark,the cage-birds answering.

To work!

Outside this room the chill of grace lies heavy on the morning grass.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

We had early birds here, but they were super-early Mockingbirds, starting around 12:30 for a brief bit then again around 6:00. But our region had some really blustery days and I've seen nests (some incredibly constructed) knocked out of trees recently. I haven't heard much chirping lately either, :(.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

Its not biggie. Birds do that just before a major earthquake is about to hit.

Pleasant dreams.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

Sometimes right after midnight. It`s a bit annoying because I usually associate bird chirping with early morning and this reminds me how time quickly passes.

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

I don't care how you kill the little beasts, just do it...and do it NOW!

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

Any HGN birdwatcher out there?

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

The Annual DL Bird Chirping Thread!

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

They're chirping at 1:30am??? Wow, and I thought it was bad hearing them at 3:30am.

I can't stand the little fuckers. Besides their annoying chirping, they shit all over the place. They're nasty.

It's strange because it seems like this early chirping didn't start until the past 10 years. It used to be that they didn't start chirping until 5:00am. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

Combination of mating season and light pollution.

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

I had to let the dog out at 2AM and the fuckers were chirping away. We have developed quite the bird problem

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

earplugs

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2013

Fucking nature.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

I'm up late masturbating to a white guy getting his ass stuffed with black dick, I can hear the birds as well.

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2013

A window fan is great for white noise, it will block out the chirping.

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

I don't hear them now and it's 2:09 AM here on the East Coast, but it's raining, maybe they don't tweet in the rain.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

Where I live, we have those God forsaken magpies that start squawking at 3:00 am every morning. These are not cute little birds like the ones that help Snow White - these things are demons from Hell and my only solace are the fantasies I have of brutally murdering them and their unborn babies. The one where I shove a lit cigarette down their yapping beaks usually puts me right back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

Are the birds still chirping, Clarice?

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

A few years ago, we had a thread about this op. I remember it because people were remarking about the birds chirping and singing at 2-3 in the morning, something I had noticed months before. I didn't know it was happening in other parts of the country as well.

I remember one theory DL came up with : mating calls over city noise. Birds changed their chirping times during the lowest noise level, to be heard.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2013

birds chirp all the fucking time. morning, noon, nite, sunrise, sunset. it really doesn't fucking matter. they chirp. i get so tired of their incessant chirping, i don't know what to do. it'll be 1:30 in the fucking morning and i'll hear them. god please make them shut up.

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2013

[quote]The Annual DL Bird Chirping Thread!

I've been wondering where it was. Good & hostile this year!

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2013

I heard one making noise at 3 AM a few nights ago.

Don't these little, chirping, monsters know we need our beauty sleep?

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2013

Sometimes owls or raccoons are out hunting and birds chirp to warn others or because they've been surprised in their sleep.

Mockingbirds sing at night to attract a mate. They are quite loud and often sound like canaries, running through a great number of different songs. You've probably got a mockingbird. I had a tree in my backyard when I first moved here that was the largest tree in the neighborhood. Every spring it was taken over by a mockingbird who was positively operatic. The tree was split by lightning and eventually fell. No more mockingbirds. They like tall trees and they seem to sing more during full moon. In fact, all birds chirp more during full moon. It's brighter and they think it's dawn. Also, raccoons and cats hunt in trees and bushes more easily during full moon because of the brightness in the night.

Buy a cheap fan, plug it in near your bed or near your window. Point the fan away from you so it won't blow on you. The fan's motor will help drown out the sound of birds. I use two small fans I bought for $6 at Walmart. It also blocks the sound of idiot neighbors who mow and weed whack at 7 am on the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2013

There's a full moon in the sky tonight and the light is shining in my bedroom window. Do I curse the moon, buy a gun and threaten to shoot it every month? No. I bought blinds and I close them. Problem solved.

Buy something to drown out the sound of birds. A white noise machine or a fan. Common sense works better than plotting to wipe out nature every spring.

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2013

Wilt thou be gone? it is not yet near day:

It was the nightingale, and not the lark,

That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear;

Nightly she sings on yon pomegranate-tree:

Believe me, love, it was the nightingale.

by Anonymousreply 3304/26/2013

Why do birds sing so homosexual

Do they think they're intellectual

Why do they fall in love

Why does the rain fall from up above

Why does a condom fit just like a glove

Why do they fall in love

Why does a gay, skip and mince around

Don't they know AIDS is to be found

Tell me WHYYYYY, I, I, I

Tell me why, I, I, I

by Anonymousreply 3404/26/2013

I love chirping birds.

by Anonymousreply 3505/17/2013

Why do birds sing?

by Anonymousreply 3605/17/2013

Love birds' chirping! It is the only noise that can wake me up and not piss me off.

by Anonymousreply 3705/17/2013

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

Go away.

Please, just go away.

by Anonymousreply 3805/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.