Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Report: Idol tried to dump Mariah for J. Lo in middle of the season to boost show's sagging ratings

Mimi's not happy!

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

[quote]Sources say Fox reality chief Mike Darnell and Fremantle’s Cecile Frot-Coutaz have been especially concerned about the Idol ratings trajectory, and they hoped that a surprise shake-up on the judges' panel would help.

Um, yeah, isn't that what they tried to do just this past season? And with The X-Factor, too (2 seasons in a row now!)? It doesn't matter who they get to judge anymore. They could have Adele, Paul McCartney and Lady Gaga next season, and it wouldn't make a difference. The show has just run out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

They pay these Idol judges way too much friggin money. There are too many reality/singing competition shows on the air. Of course ratings will be down. The competition may be more to blame versus a same ol' familiar format that now been on the air for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 204/23/2013

The article states that Idol's core audience are mid west and southern state women.

This show is done.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

The show has been on for 11 years and run it's course. Why can't they just pull the plug?

And you can bet that if this show has another season, Mariah won't be on because they'll definitely cut her pay drastically since she didn't bring ratings. Nicki's pay will be cut too, but she might stay since she has nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2013

[quote]Um, yeah, isn't that what they tried to do just this past season? And with The X-Factor, too (2 seasons in a row now!)? It doesn't matter who they get to judge anymore.

The whole Simon Cowell factory is so last decade. Nobody cares about him or his shows anymore in the US. It's all about The Voice now.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2013

I thought everyone hated the other one, Nicki Minaj. I just watch the voice now. I like all the judges and it's still good even after giving up Christina and Cee Lo. Shakira and Usher might even be better. At least we don't have all those mini me Divas like Christina used to have on her team.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Mariah's ratings aren't the only thing of hers that's sagging.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.