Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happened to liberte egalite fraternite? “Death to gays” hashtag trending in France following passage of gay marriage la

France has seen a marked uptick in anti-gay rhetoric and violence in the lead-up to today’s final vote on a new law permitting gay couples to marry in the country. The law passed only a few hours ago – I know we reported on it passing the other day, and that was the most crucial vote in question, the vote today was the final-final in a very long legislative process. Gay marriages will soon begin in France.

In the run-up to the vote today, two troubling hashtags have been trending on Twitter:

#MortAuxGay (death to gays) #ilfauttuerleshomosexuels (we must kill all gays)

by Anonymousreply 3106/19/2013

Probably all those nasty Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

France loves a good argument, so there's always a crew that cunts for the sake of being cunts.

by Anonymousreply 204/23/2013

Most likely the fascist Front National voters behind this...

The Muslim fundamentalists usually don't recognize any law other than Sharia as legitimate so the French law code allowing gays to marry means nothing to them.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

R3 Not true. If it were up to many Muslims in France they would implement Sharia law. A lot of the anti-gay sentiment stems from Muslims in France.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

Look at the faces of the people posting those tweets: fucking muslims who can't spell. They should be thrown out of the country and shipped back to their muslim shitholes

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

The Vatican is using French protestors as a proxy for Catholic instigated violence against the Gay community.

The Vatican thinks nobody sees this.

They are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2013

Tweet back: #TeamTaubira - in honor of French Justice Minister Christiane Taubira, who spoke up for the marriage and adoption bill

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2013

France unique to the continent, never dabbled with full-out fascism in the 20th century. It has never fully surfaced, but bubbles undercover.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2013

Minister Taubira is awesome . She really fought for this. The same thing happened in Spain when they passed the law, in fact there were more protesters in the street ( something like 1.5 million)..after ahwile it all just died down. .

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2013

One of the main anti-gay marriage "protesters" on the gif below. It's her husband next to her.

And yes, Taubira is such a badass. She ran for the French presidency back in 2002. I voted for her. Well, I wanted to but wasn't a registered voter at the time. I registered soon after. For the first time in my life I had found a politician who was fighting for what I actually believed in. She delivered.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

And you people bitch about America.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

The French "death to gays" is stealing the thunder from the Southern Baptist missionaries who are preaching "death to gays" in African nations.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

I love how her husband just keeps walking and then takes a step back once she came to rest.

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

Much of the violence is coming from the huge numbers of Eastern European gypsies and Muslins which dominate the 'burbs of Paris.

It isn't your typical Frenchman beating-up/attacking gay people. It's the euro and islam trash stirring shit up.... SURPRISE!

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

Oh R6 give it a motherfucking REST with your tiresome Vatican tinhat bullshit.

Yeah, we all know the Vatican is hopeless and corrupt, but why turn around and attack them when the attackers and people calling for violence are clearly coming from the enormous Muslim/Islamic communities in and around Paris?

You can't always point a finger at the Catholics and Christendom. Sometimes your revered, precious Muslim crowds are indeed guilty of the bullshit which gives them such a bad name. Fucking animalistic trash, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

[quote]Much of the violence is coming from the huge numbers of Eastern European gypsies and Muslins which dominate the 'burbs of Paris.

Same type of things going on in Vienna, Austria. They've taken over some neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

Does anyone know the name of the woman in R10's hilarious gif? Well, it's only hilarious if she is indeed an anti-gay protester. Otherwise I will feel guilty about watching it over and over and LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

It's Frigide Barjot r17, the very aggressive, vocal anti-gay marriage piece of shit we had to endure on our tvs for months.

BTW I was so glad she got booed and insulted when she exited the building once the vote was made. CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

France is saved and freedom once again can speak, all because of Veronique!

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

To R14 and R16, in this instance the anti-gay protesters were predominantly white, catholic and right-wing. Many were children. It's important to set that straight, I was in several trains with such groups (yes, there were more than one or two demonstrations) and I know what I'm talking about.

Complain about Roma and muslims all you want, in this case it's pure-French religious conservatives that the hatred is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

{R20} Has it exactly right. It is the GOD DAMN FUCKING CATHOLIC MOTHERFUCKERS

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

How did Barjot fall? Did someone kick her or did she slip?

Too delicious!

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

R20 is exactly right. France is full of conservative Catholics who need no help from Muslims in expressing hatred of us. Some of you need to get out into the French countryside. On the other hand, maybe you're better off just sticking to that bus tour of Paris with your Aunt Martha.

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2013

La chute, from 00:29

Husband doesn't even help her up.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2013

The husband doesn't help her up because, as we learned from that other guy "marriage is not about love."

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2013

It's true about the "Families" protesting. It's all under the guise of them wanting to protect innocent children from having parents of the same sex, because you know, that will turn them gay or something. They are especially against the assisted procreation and adoption part of it.

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2013

To those of you who can read French (this happened two days ago, Sunday June 16, 2013). All I know is I'm never setting foot in Saint-Cloud again.

Saint-Cloud is a well-to-do suburb of Paris.

by Anonymousreply 2706/18/2013

So why does Twitter allow users to openly threaten violence to one group of people? Is there a hash tag "deathtoMuslims" or death to heterosexuals? I bet Twitter would suspend the accounts that tweeted such vile, reprehensible garbage. Twitter needs to step in and do something. They have a responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 2806/19/2013

Same old double standard r28, straights are still clinging white-knuckled to it, even many who call themselves liberals.

by Anonymousreply 2906/19/2013

I don't think this is a muslim issue so much as a French ingrained Catholic/Conservative issue.

Many of the French-based muslims simply hate everything tere - they are ghettoised into Paris suburbs and often riot and and vandalise their own surroundings (as in the last few weeks). They are hardly going to march arm in arm with the swathes of Catholics demanding marriage is for men and women only, since they hate the Catholics too.

Where it ocurs it's just one big genepool of hate. Then again, we are never going to be shown the pro-gay debate from France because that' just not trendy to. There will be plenty of pro-gay people and good people who are never given time of day by the media.

You also have to remember France is a nation of 65 million or so and at best 150,000 turned out to protest. I'd expect at least that many lunatics in any nation that size. But it wasn't a big enough issue for most of France when seen in context of the whole of France.

by Anonymousreply 3006/19/2013

Thank you for your post R30, sums up the situation pretty nicely. Also most of the French supporting marriage equality weren't up in arms about it - they simply let the government, parliament etc do their job.

Those who were protesting were a minority yet they ended up the loudest voice.

Not a Muslim issue at all, yes, a Catholic/conservative issue very much.

There is much hatred and social tension in France and I have to say, being here now I understand how l'Occupation and la collaboration may happened and what the 1940s must have been like.

Many good people but sadly the power is not in their hands. Much like Italy, Portugal, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3106/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!