Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hot men of the Telenovelas

While American daily serials are suffering, Latin shows are booming, in large part due to hot papis like Javier Gomez (see link). Who are your favorites, and have you heard any gay rumours?

by Anonymousreply 2504/24/2013

Those shows always seem so racist in that they usually feature actors who are more European looking in the key roles. You don't see too many mestizo types unless they're playing servants or working class people. I guess part of the problem is that many of them are filmed in countries where there isn't the same racial mix as Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

Carlos Ponce.

by Anonymousreply 204/23/2013

The makeup budgets on these shows must be through the roof.

But they're almost all rags to riches tales. The only one that was semi-fun was Ooga Ooga several years ago. Thatw as the Brazilian soap (dubbed into Spanish) where they discover a hot, blond Tarzan type in the jungle and bring him to civilization.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

[quote] I guess part of the problem is that many of them are filmed in countries where there isn't the same racial mix as Mexico.

Nowadays the Spanish-language novelas are mostly produced in Miami.

The Portuguese-language culebrões actually do depict Brazil's racial diversity.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

Eugenio Siller is hot and pretty. Even though I can't understand a word he says, I'll leave whatever program on the TV if I see him in it.

Also just recently saw an episode of La Rosa de Guadalupe that featured Polo Morin. Never heard of him before, but he was stunning looking in it. Although he is probably underage (I'm not sure) so I temper my lust.

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

You used to be able to count on those shows for A LOT of skin. Speedos, & bulge everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

The hottest star was hairy-chested Ari Telch.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

Doing r7s job.

by Anonymousreply 804/23/2013

A bunch of the telenovela actors did a touring male strip show called "Solo Para Mujeres." The choreography was clumsy and they somehow didn't radiate much sexiness, even in their Speedos. (No g-strings.) The audience looked like a bunch of stout Latina housewives.

But the oddest act was when they were all wearing leather harnesses and pants, looking like they should have been at the LURE.

by Anonymousreply 904/23/2013

A few years ago, there was a telenovela called "Marimar" which starred Thalia and Carlo Ponce and which actually got very good ratings among non-Latin viewers.

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2013

Sebastian Rulli (and his tits) from Amores Verdaderos

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2013

Cristian Sancho - Stared in Argentinian telenova Botineras (Football players) about a Spanish pro soccer league. Sancho played a closeted player who came out of the closet to his pro team mates after sleeping around with another closeted player on his team on the downlow. The show was very popular and its gay storyline in some small way helped create momentum to pass gay marriage in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2013

[quote]Nowadays the Spanish-language novelas are mostly produced in Miami.

The ones I've seen seem to be mostly from Venezuela and Colombia.

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2013

I used to have the biggest crush on Martín Karpan of "El Rostro de Analía." Such a hot, hunk of man! I don't know anything about him, though, as I don't keep up with the personal lives of telenovela stars.

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2013

Yes! "Ooga Ooga was hotter than hot with that Tarzan guy.

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2013

Andres Garcia used to be a hot daddy a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2013

Nobody is hotter than Bruno Ponce-Jones.

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2013

Are you saying that Mexico produces those types of novelas or not, R1?

My mom watches 3 of them and all of them have the super rich "white" people and the lower classes are darker.

And yeah, they are all rags to riches stories, unjustly jailed/accused of murder, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2013

R14 [italic]FINALLY[/italic] posts someone who is actually "hot"!

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2013

Currently Rafael Amaya in El Señor De Los Cielos.

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2013

[quote]Those shows always seem so racist in that they usually feature actors who are more European looking in the key roles. You don't see too many mestizo types unless they're playing servants or working class people.

I've noticed that too. God forbid they have actors that have a darker look to them.

Sad self-hate.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2013

R16! I loooooved Andres Garcia! Did you ever see that movie he made in the 70s about sharks? Hot.

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2013

LOL r22 that's one of those films of the seventies filmed in Mexico with Mexican actors speaking Spanish ... and then dubbed into Castillian (Spanish from Spain) to please Spaniard audiences!!

It's not done anymore, but there used to be a time the films were marketed separately with different accents and sometimes different titles. Talk about segregation.

Andres was hot, no matter the accent.

by Anonymousreply 2304/24/2013

Smell you R24. Actually, I wasn't entirely sure whether or not this was a verboten topic.

by Anonymousreply 2504/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.