Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben Affleck to diet for 5 days to raise awareness that hunger exists.

Of course, his mortgage(s) will be paid, and his transport, and grooming, and incidentals. But to prove to us monkeys that people in this world are hungry, he'll eat on just $1.50/day.

How this "awareness" he raises feeds actually hungry people has not crossed his mind - otherwise he might've just bought food for the hungry with his millions.

Rather, he'll keep his millions, and make it look like you're the problem.

No one can slap this man hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 3904/24/2013

I've seen other celebrities do it and it's wrong. Because the're eating shitty food...or small amounts of good things, and saying "see *I* can do it"

I think it's insulting...

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

He should be murdered.

by Anonymousreply 204/23/2013

Have you tasted Jen's chicken piccata? This is no sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

Here`s what I think: He wants a payback for all those years he`s been down and a laughing-stock. With `Argo` winning the main Oscar he essentially came into his own for the first time and now it`s his turn to be arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

It would be better if he started some kind of foundation to feed hungry people by donating the first few million and then requesting his rich friends to do the same, and then continue.

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

But in all fairness it must be pointed out that Affleck didn`t make up this idea-it`s an annual challenge by the poverty awareness campaign `Live Below the Line` that started in Australia in 2010 and he just choose to participate in it,maybe we shouldn`t bee TOO brutal on him-participants this year include Kevin Conolly,Josh Groban,Nick Lachey,Hunter Biden, Debi Mazar,but how you`re gonna view it is up to you.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

Five days, huh? That's cute.

by Anonymousreply 804/23/2013

Don't you want a Ben Affleck-Josh Groban presidential ticket?

by Anonymousreply 904/23/2013

If he (or other celebs) want to "Live Below the Line" they should be forced to shop for and prepare the food themselves. That's the real challenge, not just eating it.

by Anonymousreply 1004/23/2013

Oooh! He ate Ramen Noodles once! He should be a Senator!

Fucking sleazeball pastrami-smelling egoist jerk.

by Anonymousreply 1104/23/2013

Word, R10. And they should take the crosstown bus to the grocery store like real people do. You know whatever food Affleck is eating, it was delivered and prepared by others while he went yapping on the talk shows about what a saint he is.

by Anonymousreply 1204/23/2013

I think people know hunger exists. Does he think he is SOOOOOOO loved that people are going to suddenly start giving a shit? Weird.

I like the dude but this reeks.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

I want Ben to fuck my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

His tiny dick reeks of spoiled cheese.

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

It IS insulting to real people with hunger. God what a douche. So sick of these Hollywood fakes!

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

I'm aware of this challenge, but it's always come off as douchey by whomever is doing it. It's like ooh, let's pretend we're poor for a few days. Bullshit. If they want to raise awareness why not actually call attention to real people who suffer hunger day in and day out. Or lobby supermarkets to be less wasteful. Or call attention to the fact that America wastes so much food period.

This little act just seems so self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

Benjamin Fucking Affleck has TWO Oscars (neither for acting, it must be noted). He could start his own telethon for the poor if he wanted. Labor Day is free, they fired Jerry Lewis and the MS kids never improve.

Hungry people improve when there is food. Ben is not offering food, or a chance to hungry people. What he offers is:

"What if I eat noodles for 5 days? Will that make me the hero of common men?"

by Anonymousreply 1804/23/2013

And then afterwards he will go back to eating gourmet meals at 5 star restaurants.

So sick of celebs acting like they're "everyday people".

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

Tom Hiddleston is doing this too.

by Anonymousreply 2004/23/2013

This is what him and other douche-nozzles like him should do. Go find a family that does not have enough to eat. Not on some other continent, but here in LA. Buy their food for a year.

Or pay to have them see a dentist.

Or pay their rent for a year.

Should not be too hard to find a family struggling and help them.

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2013

They should feed him Matt Damon when he gets chunky.

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

His agent probably told him to lose ten pounds, and he's milking it for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2013

r23 is right on. He was going to do a 5 day "fast and cleanse" to get more cut anyway and decided to milk it.

by Anonymousreply 2404/23/2013

Is the Darfur orphan going ti comment?

by Anonymousreply 2504/23/2013

It's a symbolic gesture. He has succeeded in raising awareness - we're talking about it! How many of you ever heard of this project before he signed up? Rather than bitching about somebody who is trying, maybe we should be using that energy to help?

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

Ben Afflecks generosity and bravery are greatly appreciated by the people of Darfur. Imagine eating for only $1.50 a day for five days?

Our love and respect for Ben Affleck grows in our hearts.

But $1.50 of ramen noodles could feed my village for a year.

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

"He has succeeded in raising awareness - we're talking about it! "

Uh, we're talking about what a self-absorbed douchebag he is, not about how we can alleviate hunger.

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

So Miss Affleck thinks that publicizing what he does anyway any time he has a major photo shoot and making it look like he's doing it to announce that starving people are starving somehow will get him a Best Director nomination for his next movie?

Think again, Ben. Because at some point the Academy is going to give Damon a Best Supporting Actor Oscar just to smack you across the head with it.

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

Well, I do have to give him props. I probably couldn't make it 5 hours.

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

So, N uk Nuk, are you from the North?

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2013

So, will In N Out be donating burgers?

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2013

[quote]Fucking sleazeball pastrami-smelling egoist jerk.

Hey! What's wrong with smelling like pastrami? I love pastrami!

by Anonymousreply 3304/23/2013

I don't get all the Ben hate on here, he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 3404/24/2013

The awareness campaigns are baffling.

Like all that pink stuff for breast cancer. If someone is not aware of the disease by now, more pink crap isn't going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 3504/24/2013

Celebrities ought to donate at least six figures of their own money to any cause, before they're allowed to act as spokesmen or attempt to "raise awareness".

It's so repulsive for rich people to ask people with much less money than themselves to donate, and they don't seem to have a fucking clue.

by Anonymousreply 3604/24/2013

[quote]I don't get all the Ben hate on here, he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

One word: Argo

by Anonymousreply 3704/24/2013

He should take off his hair piece to raise awareness for vanity.

by Anonymousreply 3804/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.