Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I think my 49-year-old sister is pregnant

I'm eavesdropping on a conversation between her and my mom, and hearing bits and pieces. She's a fundie with eight kids who doesn't believe in birth control, so it would make sense. Problem is she and her deadbeat always unemployed husband can't afford even one. They're on EBT and medicaid as it is.

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013

Fundies use birth control.

Ergo, FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 104/23/2013

R1 - actually, a lot of them do not.

by Anonymousreply 204/23/2013

Christ, R1, haven't you ever heard of the Duggars? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 304/23/2013

That Duggar woman was 42 when she had her last litter.

At 49, your sister is more likely mistaking the onset of menopause.

by Anonymousreply 404/23/2013

I know I am cementing my first class ticket to hell with this post. God forbid this woman is pregnant at 49, she will have a mongoloid of Palinian proportions.

by Anonymousreply 504/23/2013

It will be one of those Chinese babies named Corky.

by Anonymousreply 604/23/2013

I was pregnant at 48 and took care of the dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 704/23/2013

I was about to say "what would Chinese people do?"

by Anonymousreply 804/23/2013

I had to look up what "on EBT" meant.

by Anonymousreply 904/23/2013

This is the one where Mr. Roper overhears Janet talking to Mrs. Roper and mistakenly thinks Helen is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 1004/23/2013

The bigger issue, OP, is why you, your sister and your mom are all home together on a weekday morning.

Get a life, loser.

by Anonymousreply 1104/23/2013

Is she a Fundie who is against "government interference" or whatever those Right Wingnut Teabag religious freaks call it? Yet she gladly accepts Medicaid, EBT and other 'freebies"?

A close friend's neighbor is one of these assholes, he makes $65,000 a year working off the books, is getting Medicaid, foods stamps and his "Obama phone", he hates Democrats and Liberals, yet gladly takes all the government has to offer. He has a co-op in Manhattan, a house upstate NY and another house in Florida!

Talk about welfare fraud! He is not the only person getting away with this.

This is now going on because getting Medicaid is now longer based on assests, it's now based solely on income. The government has no way of figuring out what kind of income you really have if you are working off the books. Most of these cheats simple get a signed fake note from their 'boss' starting they make the amount alloted for Medicaid etc.

I remember when an elderly uncle was being supported by my parents, aunts and uncles because, even though he was poor, he was not eligible for any sort of subsidies, yet people like your sister are allowed to keep pumping out babies as their welfare checks get larger with each passing year and people like my uncle, who worked his whole life, weren't allowed even food stamps.

There truly needs to be a limit re how babies poor women can have before the freebies stop!

by Anonymousreply 1204/23/2013

I confronted my mom at lunch about the conversation I overheard. I told that I know that my sister is pregnant yet again. My tone was kinda critical, and she scolded me for being so judgmental and hypocritical, reminding me how I warned my family against judging others when I came outta the closet. That's fair. She then went on to say how she thinks my sister is an angel sent down god to have babies for the earth.

by Anonymousreply 1304/23/2013

Is this her?

by Anonymousreply 1404/23/2013

My Mom got pregnant last year by accident, right after she turned 50. This is her second marriage and her husband is younger and never had kids, so she kept the kid. The baby was born perfectly fine and healthy. He's a cute little bugger. My Mom and her husband do very well financially, I'm not sure how you sister is going to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 1504/23/2013

Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!

by Anonymousreply 1604/23/2013

Abort! Abort! Abort! Bring me... a knitting needle!

by Anonymousreply 1704/23/2013

They have absolutely no money. Her husband's unemployment is about to run out my mid-summer. They're essentially living on public assistance. They can't even afford to buy the kids clothes, so my mom usually picks up the tab. My oldest niece needed a new pair of shoes for her 8th grade commencement/graduation last fall, and they couldn't afford it, so my mom sent them money. Mom also had to co-sign on the house they bought two years ago cuz of their credit issues. Even when my brother in law was working, he wasn't bringing home much. From my sister's point of view, another child is meant to be and god doesn't give us more hardship than we can handle.

by Anonymousreply 1804/23/2013

Graduation/commencement in the fall?

by Anonymousreply 1904/23/2013

R11, one of the joys of being an adult is that hall monitors like you have no power.

by Anonymousreply 2104/23/2013

r19, I meant spring.

by Anonymousreply 2204/23/2013

[quote]My sister got pregnant at 45 and didn't want to be a mother again. So she had an abortion. Then her only son committed suicide. Now she has no children, no grandchildren.

How does any of that change the fact that she made an informed decision? Would it have been less boo hoo for you if she'd died or suffered serious health issues for the rest of her life due to motherhood at a late age?

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2013

Seriously, what is your point, r20? Are you some fundie freak who thinks god made your nephew commit suicide to punish your sister for having a an abortion? Do you think your sister should have had a baby she wasn't interested in parenting, just to have a "spare" kid around? Or what?

by Anonymousreply 2404/23/2013

R24 you need to up your meds. How in the world did you draw that conclusion from R20's post?

by Anonymousreply 2504/23/2013

I didn't draw any definitive conclusion from r20's post, r 24. That's why I *asked* what his point was.

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2013

R26 - actually if you wanted to know you would have stopped after the first question. The follow on questions were nothing but rude conjecture on your part designed to stir shit. If that is how you ask questions in real life, and I am oh so sure it isn't, you must spend a lot of time alone.

by Anonymousreply 2704/23/2013

How do you know I'm a male? Anyway...

I was just reporting. Her son had been a handful all his life, so she didn't "want to go through that again". I don't even know if it was that much about her age.

I really don't think she ever really wanted to be a mother. She and her husband divorced while the kid was still a baby, and she moved to the other coast to be with a guy in the U.S. Navy. Looking back, I wonder if the boy would have been better off if she'd just given him up for adoption. If she had felt that that was an option...

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2013

I hope the OPs sister and husband are prepared to look after his mother in her old age, because it sounds like they're spending her retirement funds now.

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!